The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 02:29 AM   #701
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1

John Blake is just some cop... doesn't seem like the police force is very intelligent in Gotham (Gee, lets send the entire force into the tunnels).

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 12-15-2012, 02:29 AM   #702
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderMarvelite View Post
Yeah because " hey ill go down this alleyway were these possibly rapists will have their way with me"

And that god awful "The thing about MJ is..."

She was walking to her home and was only cornered into the alley by those muggers/possible rapists.

And what's wrong with "The thing about MJ is..."? Peter is trying to speak his mind on his feelings with MJ by covering it up by saying how he's telling Spider-Man this.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:30 AM   #703
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post

Also, to counteract that, the movies absolute lowest point "I'm responsible for the death of your father, but i'll break his dying wish"
He hasn't learned responsibility yet, and he is still growing as a character. He's a teenager.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 12-15-2012, 02:31 AM   #704
A Necessary Evil
One. Bad. Day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
John Blake is just some cop... doesn't seem like the police force is very intelligent in Gotham (Gee, lets send the entire force into the tunnels).
The Police force is stupid in every superhero movie. Lol

Also, I would like to add, I'm not sticking up for John Blake's bones and stuff. That was just piss poor writing in a otherwise great movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacit Ronin View Post
The way SONY dominated Marc Webb was way more hardcore than anything in 50 Shades anyways.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:32 AM   #705
Picard Sisko

Quote:
The Police force is stupid in every superhero movie. Lol

Also, I would like to add, I'm not sticking up for John Blake's bones and stuff. That was just piss poor writing in a otherwise great movie.
True. I just think this was one of TDKR's HUGE plot holes.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:33 AM   #706
A Necessary Evil
One. Bad. Day.

Quote:
He hasn't learned responsibility yet, and he is still growing as a character. He's a teenager.
It's still a weak and badly written ending, imo.

"With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility."

Er, I mean..if you can do stuff that you are morally obligated to you should...

Quote:
The way SONY dominated Marc Webb was way more hardcore than anything in 50 Shades anyways.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:34 AM   #707
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Obviously not some cop when he was able to deduce that Batman was Bruce Wayne as well as Tim Drake. And hey, being a great detective IS a personal skill of Batman...and who could possibly be Batman than rather Nightwing? Robin John Blake, that's who

And sure, the idea of sending the entire police force into the tunnels was a bit of a silly idea, BUT....this is the guy that Blake believed killed Batman who told Gordon and this is the guy who is controlling these tunnels and building an army, so to a point, Gordon was thinking straight on wanting to take down this man and his army before they could do anything.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:34 AM   #708
Picard Sisko

Quote:
It's still a weak and badly written ending, imo.

"With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility."

Er, I mean..if you can do stuff that you are morally obligated to you should...
I don't see it that way, but oh well. I still find it hard to look at TASM as a film on its own, but rather part 1 of a series.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:35 AM   #709
A Necessary Evil
One. Bad. Day.

Quote:
I wouldn't say plot hole, as it does not otherwise contradict nor leave a gaping hole in the actual..plot. It's just weak writing.

Quote:
Old 12-15-2012, 02:35 AM   #710
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
It's not as huge as Joker being able to bring in all those gasoline barrels into buildings and boats without anyone noticing.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:37 AM   #711
Picard Sisko

Quote:
I wouldn't say plot hole, as it does not otherwise contradict nor leave a gaping hole in the actual..plot. It's just weak writing.
True. Yeah, it never made sense to me why they would send the entire police force into the tunnels... but whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
It's not as huge as Joker being able to bring in all those gasoline barrels into buildings and boats.
or how Bruce got back to Gotham city...

Old 12-15-2012, 02:38 AM   #712
A Necessary Evil
One. Bad. Day.

Quote:
I don't see it that way, but oh well. I still find it hard to look at TASM as a film on its own, but rather part 1 of a series.
See, that's something else I don't like about ASM. Yes, I know, it's part one of a story, but I don't like that. Don't count your chickens before they hatch. What if ASM had flopped, and we got no sequel? Then what? Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike ASM (I own it on bluray, and will admit to liking some things over Raimi's even.), but I have issues with it.

Quote:
Old 12-15-2012, 02:38 AM   #713
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Or how Bruce found Harvey Dent in the end of TDK...

Old 12-15-2012, 02:42 AM   #714
SpiderMarvelite
Banned User

Quote:
When, exactly did Peter go down a alleyway again?

Also, to counteract that, the movies absolute lowest point "I'm responsible for the death of your father, but i'll break his dying wish"
I meant MJ from Raimi, I don't guys are going to rape PETER

He said that because Uncle Bens speech on voicemail proved that he can and is good, he shouldn't feel responsible for his death.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:42 AM   #715
A Necessary Evil
One. Bad. Day.

Quote:
True. Yeah, it never made sense to me why they would send the entire police force into the tunnels... but whatever.

They did the same crap in Batman Begins in the Narrows.

Why?

Because in superhero movies...the police are idiots. At least for the most part.
Question, what exactly happened to the Swat teams in the final fight?Some were transformed into lizards - whom we never see again - and the rest of the team was apparently at Dunkin’ Donuts since only Captain George Stacy joined Spider-Man at the top of Oscorp Tower.

Bruce getting back to gotham is not a plot HOLE. It is a contrivance. Something these movies are littered with.

Quote:
Old 12-15-2012, 02:44 AM   #716
SpiderMarvelite
Banned User

Quote:
You just said what I was trying to say.

Listen to him lol.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:44 AM   #717
Picard Sisko

Quote:
See, that's something else I don't like about ASM. Yes, I know, it's part one of a story, but I don't like that. Don't count your chickens before they hatch. What if ASM had flopped, and we got no sequel? Then what? Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike ASM (I own it on bluray, and will admit to liking some things over Raimi's even.), but I have issues with it.
I don't think TASM would have flopped. After all, it is Spider-Man. I think whether or not you like it being a part 1 story is a matter of taste. We are getting a sequel, so no worries there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Or how Bruce found Harvey Dent in the end of TDK...

Old 12-15-2012, 02:44 AM   #718
A Necessary Evil
One. Bad. Day.

Quote:
I meant MJ from Raimi, I don't guys are going to rape PETER

He said that because Uncle Bens speech on voicemail proved that he can and is good, he shouldn't feel responsible for his death.
But..he is responsible for his death.

Uncle Ben's voicemail was saying he was a good person, but he had nothing to say about feeling bad over someone's death. Just something about coming home peter, because you're my hero- just as cheesily written as anything in the Raimi movies.

Quote:
Old 12-15-2012, 02:44 AM   #719
Picard Sisko

Quote:
You just said what I was trying to say.

Listen to him lol.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:47 AM   #720
A Necessary Evil
One. Bad. Day.

Quote:
I don't think TASM would have flopped. After all, it is Spider-Man. I think whether or not you like it being a part 1 story is a matter of taste. We are getting a sequel, so no worries there!
Which, quite frankly, other than the returning players, I don't like any of the cast. But we'll see. I won't condemn it, but I don't like the route this series is taking. It has major potential I'd love to see it fulfill.

Quote:
Old 12-15-2012, 02:48 AM   #721
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Which, quite frankly, other than the returning players, I don't like any of the cast. But we'll see. I won't condemn it, but I don't like the route this series is taking. It has major potential I'd love to see it fulfill.
I love the new casting so far! Jamie Foxx, Dane DeHaan and Shailene Woodley should all be great. What exactly are you disliking about the direction?

Old 12-15-2012, 02:51 AM   #722
A Necessary Evil
One. Bad. Day.

Quote:
I love the new casting so far! Jamie Foxx, Dane DeHaan and Shailene Woodley should all be great. What exactly are you disliking about the direction?
Well, I don't like the villain being used for ASM2. I'm not asking for a retread of the Raimi villains (especially Venom), but this seems to be a Doc Ock-less trilogy. That's insanity.The parents thing isn't my favorite plot of the SM mythos, and I was glad Raimi left it out, though I don't mind it in this trilogy, I wish it would just freaking wrap itself up. Uncle Ben in flashback reeks of ripping off SM2/3, something ASM already did for SM1. Dane Dehaan is not my ideal choice for Harry (I was so hoping for Yelchin.) I admit Jamie Foxx can act well dramatically, but he isn't intimidating to me, so I have a woeful time seeing him as a villain, not to mention Ifans merely did a serviceable job, and was written very mediocre at best. But like I said, we'll see where we are, come June 2014.

Quote:
Old 12-15-2012, 03:00 AM   #723
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Well, I don't like the villain being used for ASM2. I'm not asking for a retread of the Raimi villains (especially Venom), but this seems to be a Doc Ock-less trilogy. That's insanity.
I don't think we need to see Doc Ock in this trilogy. Its unnecessary. We need something different, since we are already getting Green Goblin at some point, and Electro can give us that.

Quote:
The parents thing isn't my favorite plot of the SM mythos, and I was glad Raimi left it out, though I don't mind it in this trilogy, I wish it would just freaking wrap itself up.
For all we know, the parents thing can be leading up to Venom (since its somewhat based off of Ultimate Spider-Man). We just have to wait and see. I like the parents angle though. Him losing his parents should have a huge impact on his life.

Quote:
Uncle Ben in flashback reeks of ripping off SM2/3, something ASM already did for SM1.
Its not ripping of SM2/3, this is something that has been going on in the comic books. For all we know, it could be a flashback from when Peter was a younger kid, not a flashback of Uncle Ben getting killed or giving the responsibility speech.

Quote:
Dane Dehaan is not my ideal choice for Harry (I was so hoping for Yelchin.) I admit Jamie Foxx can act well dramatically, but he isn't intimidating to me, so I have a woeful time seeing him as a villain, not to mention Ifans merely did a serviceable job, and was written very mediocre at best. But like I said, we'll see where we are, come June 2014.
I wouldn't want Yelchin as Harry, and I think Jamie Foxx could be intimidating. Remember how people felt about Heath Ledger being cast as the Joker? And look how that turned out. But yes, we still have a while to see how things turn out.

Old 12-15-2012, 03:06 AM   #724
A Necessary Evil
One. Bad. Day.

Quote:
I don't think we need to see Doc Ock in this trilogy. Its unnecessary. We need something different, since we are already getting Green Goblin at some point, and Electro can give us that.

For all we know, the parents thing can be leading up to Venom (since its somewhat based off of Ultimate Spider-Man). We just have to wait and see. I like the parents angle though. Him losing his parents should have a huge impact on his life.

Its not ripping of SM2/3, this is something that has been going on in the comic books. For all we know, it could be a flashback from when Peter was a younger kid, not a flashback of Uncle Ben getting killed or giving the responsibility speech.

I wouldn't want Yelchin as Harry, and I think Jamie Foxx could be intimidating. Remember how people felt about Heath Ledger being cast as the Joker? And look how that turned out. But yes, we still have a while to see how things turn out.
Doc Ock is my favorite Spidey villain. Imo, it feels like a Batman trilogy w/o Joker. I don't want Venom, is the thing. I hate that freaking parasitic sack of crap, and found him to be done complete justice in SM3 (needing a whole rewrite of his character), and he got more screentime than he deserved. There, I said it. I do know about the flashbacks happening in the comics, been a SM fan since 94', but it'd be like Nolan doing something from the Burton movies. We've seen it before, do something new since you wanna distance yourself from the others (something ASM did not do well in some aspects, imo.) I do know of the Ledger/Joker thing, but I always had faith, as Nolan casts 100% perfect casting for his roles. But like I said, I won't shoot ASM2 to hell. Not yet, at least.

Quote:
Old 12-15-2012, 03:21 AM   #725
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Doc Ock is my favorite Spidey villain. Imo, it feels like a Batman trilogy w/o Joker.
I love Ock, but I disagree. Green Goblin is closer to being Spider-Man's Joker.

Quote:
I don't want Venom, is the thing. I hate that freaking parasitic sack of crap, and found him to be done complete justice in SM3 (needing a whole rewrite of his character), and he got more screentime than he deserved. There, I said it.

Quote:
I do know about the flashbacks happening in the comics, been a SM fan since 94', but it'd be like Nolan doing something from the Burton movies. We've seen it before, do something new since you wanna distance yourself from the others (something ASM did not do well in some aspects, imo.) I do know of the Ledger/Joker thing, but I always had faith, as Nolan casts 100% perfect casting for his roles. But like I said, I won't shoot ASM2 to hell. Not yet, at least.
Its just a flashback, not really a big deal. People don't think of the Raimi films and say "Hmm, it always reminds me of the Uncle Ben flashbacks."

Closed Thread