The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

Old 09-11-2014, 05:54 PM   #126
marvelrobbins
Banned User

Default Re: Famke finally speaks her mind about the treatment of Phoenix in X3

Famke Looks amazing.Part of problem In last stand was terrable wig and the special effects to make her look sinister.Look at end of DOFP she never looked better as Jean.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 06:17 PM   #127
aaliya_7

First and foremost, I want to say I love Jean Grey and Famke as well as everyone in the cast. The Last Stand is one of my least favorite X-Men movies, but it still had many parts that I enjoyed and I did still enjoy Phoenix's part because at the end of the day, I care about being entertained, and I was entertained. Over half of the fans who go to these movies are not diehard X-Men fans who know everything about the comics. They are just people who want to be entertained, and truth be told, The Last Stand is the highest grossing X-Men film (financially) after Days of Future Past.

I have lurked on the SuperHeroHype forum for a few weeks, but I decided to reply to this thread because I read some comments from a few years ago that, in my opinion, were a bit disturbing. I think what Famke said can be interpreted in a number of ways, but people were quick to judge and quick to point blame at certain cast members when she never called anyone out specifically. Someone went as far as saying that he lost a lot of respect for Hugh Jackman, when there is no proof that Hugh had anything to do with what people are complaining about, even given that he was one of several producers.

Here are facts. Famke Janssen adores Hugh Jackman. She has probably praised him the most as a person out of the entire cast. I have seen at least five interviews where she gushes about how he has a "beautiful soul" and a "warm, loving" personality and how he is one of the most genuine, compassionate, hard working human beings she has ever known. She has also stated that he is very humble. Famke has gushed about how amazing it is working with Hugh and quite clearly thinks the world of him. They are good friends.

So for all the people who assumed she was calling out Hugh with her comments, I highly doubt it. She has loads of respect and admiration for that man as does everyone in the cast. He is, after all, considered the "nicest guy in Hollywood" along with Tom Hanks. Hugh's co-stars say he has no ego. Extras on the film sets have said that Hugh knows each of them by name. Hugh is known to buy gifts of gratitude for everyone on the cast and crew for their hard work. All of the money he would have made for his cameo in X-Men: First Class went directly from FOX to charities and elementary school education programs at Hugh's request. And yet people would assume Hugh cared more about fame, screen time, and his bank account than making a good movie that showed all the characters in their truest sense?

I think people should do their research before jumping to conclusions. This is not a diva we are talking about. To the contrary, I have read interviews from cast members stating that Hugh is even invited to the set on days he does not film scenes because he inspires the cast. Everybody who has worked with Mr. Jackman over the last 14-years has nothing but praise for him, and it is really unfortunate that some people choose to place blame on him. Period.

Last edited by aaliya_7; 09-13-2014 at 06:22 PM.
aaliya_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 10:04 AM   #128
Pauln6
Newbie First Class

Yes, it's clear that the money men have always been of the view that Wolverine is the only important X-man. This is understandable since the money men had exactly the same view of the character since the seventies and it was only Chris Claremont's unflinching refusal to release the character for over-use that led to the quality that we got for everybody else. As soon as he relented, usage of the character began to spiral out of control and he ended up everywhere because fans would pay to see him even in a load of crap. And this was the direction we were predictably heading in around the time of Wolverine Origins and X3.

I think the way Marvel has got to grips with ensemble pieces in Avengers and Winter Soldier (and to a lesser extent Thor) will have more to do with us getting a proper ensemble movie in Apocalypse than anything else, although the tremendous popularity of DoFP may also have signalled that fans still love to see the original cast, if it's done right. Finally, despite commitment to the character, I think Jackman knows it's time to hang up his claws soon. Judging from the two versions of Sabretooth we've had to date, re-casting can be a disaster so they will have to decide if they try to keep Jackman on board for smaller parts or bite the bullet.

I think after Apocalypse we might get 3 films with younger X-men and little or no Wolverine except in flash fowards.

Pauln6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 02:05 AM   #129
Avenging Angel
I'm Fire! Life incarnate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauln6 View Post
Famke still looks amazing, although I think they tried too hard to make her look younger in the Wolverine. She was in Taken 2 without such heavy make-up and is still stunningly beautiful. She looked weird in X3 because of the unattractive wig she had to wear and deliberate special effects to make Dark Phoenix more sinister.
True story.

Avenging Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 07:49 PM   #130
marvelrobbins
Banned User

Hated her wig in last stand.but felt she never looked better as jean than she did at end of days of future past.

Famke is stunning beautiful still.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 02:08 AM   #131
Avenging Angel

Famke is a real live mutant. I'm still shocked at how well she holds her age.

Old 06-22-2015, 04:24 AM   #132
psylockolussus
Fierce User

^Healthy living.

psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 04:25 AM   #133
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Healthy Hollywood living

J.J. Abrams “We are standing on the shoulders of Episodes I through VI.”

(Always Manage Expectations.)
GuestStar2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 06:39 PM   #134
Avenging Angel

That's evil. She actually looks a lot younger than she did in X2.

Old 01-31-2016, 11:06 PM   #135
Herofan
Side-Kick

Famke was great in the first two films and indeed shortchanged in TLS but I have to agree that Storm was really shortchanged in the first film, mostly was just standing around, and Berry trying to get more and better scenes than that was appropriate and beneficial; Storm was pretty well-portrayed in X2 and then again got an appropriate amount of screentime but less interesting material in TLS.

Herofan is offline   Reply With Quote