The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > SHH Community Forum

View Poll Results: Can Men be Trusted? with your Woman.
No Men can not be trusted. 16 69.57%
Yes Men can be trusted becuase your Woman isn't attractive/fat/toothless etc. 3 13.04%
Your Woman can't be trusted around Men. 3 13.04%
Your Woman can't be trusted around Woman.bisexual/Lezbian/sociopath etc. 1 4.35%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-14-2009, 08:15 PM   #451
SsM
Stuff?

Default Re: Can Men be Trusted? With your Woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
Jesus Christ this thread grew from this afternoon. How many people has Heretic called stupid or dumb now?

This thread is pretty much turned into a vicious cycle of Heretic spouting out the same lines post after post after post...

By the way, yesterday I ordered a book for my college course that I need for class on Thursday. I asked for it to be shipped over night. I was expecting it to come this afternoon when it never arrives, I called Amazon and asked what happened and they said there was a mix up and that I won't get the book till Monday, thus I won't have it for class tomorrow. Amazon BETRAYED my trust. They really screwed me over. I will never trust in Amazon again.
I never trust online sites to get stuff by a certain time.

SsM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:17 PM   #452
Heretic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBoxing View Post
That's not what he wrote though. He wrote that animals descended from a common ancestor, and that through changes over time, the population of Earth became diverse and different over time. Species don't "adapt" to nature, what happens is a series of genetic variations over time become more dominant, or simply become isolated to the point where they give rise to new species with new traits and new genetic information. Your understanding, much like your attitude, of evolution is childish at best. Animals don't "adapt", nature just weeds certain populations out, however to assume, as you did repeatedly (when you said "animals encourage the strong to survive") that traits are picked based on their strength or relative weakness is also wrong. There are plenty of animals still in existence today who are ill-suited to their environments, and for whatever reason have managed to carry on despite this. Genetic drift, mutation, and some external forces are what contribute to new species. The way you phrase your understanding of "natural selection" is far closer to eugenics, or the idea that if you breed Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jane Fonda together somehow you'll get Michael Phelps as a kid. That notion is preposterous, and Darwin purposed nothing of the sort.
I used darwin as a throw away example in a post that actually had nothing to do with him...and you want me to post THAT????? No thanks, dude.

I am well aware that adaptations dont happen overnight....in fact...EVERYONE is aware of that. So, why do I have to write a text book explaining it??

Not only did Darwin not say that adaptation is not immediate (Arnold + jane = Phelps) but i didnt say it either. I made the mistake of assuming that EVERYONE knows what I mean when i say that species adapt.

I agree with your take on darwin. Obviously genetics changes happen over LONG periods of time. Animals (as I stated before) arent smart enough to hand pick which traits to have...but in order to survive in their ecology, natural selection helps develop the traits they need.

Of course, also as you correctly point out...not all animals adapt. Not all people have computers...or even running water. There will be instances where the species dont adapt. This is nature, not magic. Again, this si someting almost every child is aware of, and I shouldnt have to spell it out in a post.

Since it was a throw away line in a post that had little to do with darwin, I failed to go full into it...instead just using the childhood version we all learned in grade school...wrongfully assuming people would be able to fill in the rest.

Heres another one...

Candy canes are made of sugar

Now...am I right??? yes and no...the process of making a candy cane involves more than just shaping a stick out of sugar and waiting. However...do I really have to explain the rest??? Is it really necessary to do that? In your eyes..YES...i have to go into complete detail about the production of candy canes.

Thats my stance on the darwin discussion. I am incompletely right...he DID state that species adapt...but for more information, I advise people to read Origin of The Species, not a post on a superhero message board.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:20 PM   #453
Eggyman
The Oval Avenger

K, let's talk more about these 'candy' canes...

Old 01-14-2009, 08:21 PM   #454
Heretic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
Jesus Christ this thread grew from this afternoon. How many people has Heretic called stupid or dumb now?

This thread is pretty much turned into a vicious cycle of Heretic spouting out the same lines post after post after post...

By the way, yesterday I ordered a book for my college course that I need for class on Thursday. I asked for it to be shipped over night. I was expecting it to come this afternoon when it never arrives, I called Amazon and asked what happened and they said there was a mix up and that I won't get the book till Monday, thus I won't have it for class tomorrow. Amazon BETRAYED my trust. They really screwed me over. I will never trust in Amazon again.
Actually, if you paid for overnight shipping, and did not get overnight shipping...you have not been betrayed...because that implies some sort of emotion...but you have been screwed over. If Amazon charged you extra for overnight shipping, and did not give you overnight shipping...then yeah dude...you got ripped off by a few bucks.

Old 01-14-2009, 08:23 PM   #455
ShadowBoxing
Banned User

What do you mean "now am I right"? Why do you need to be right? You explained it wrong the first time, and now simply agree with the few misconceptions or poor word choices I cleared up in your explanation. It's okay not to understand something you know. I don't get your fixation here. Even worse, you're doing exactly what we've accused you of doing. Rather than admitting any wrong-ness on your part you simply parrot the corrections people meant as if this is what you meant all along. Sorry, you still got it wrong the first time.

ShadowBoxing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:45 PM   #456
Heretic
Side-Kick

Quote:
What do you mean "now am I right"? Why do you need to be right? You explained it wrong the first time, and now simply agree with the few misconceptions or poor word choices I cleared up in your explanation. It's okay not to understand something you know. I don't get your fixation here. Even worse, you're doing exactly what we've accused you of doing. Rather than admitting any wrong-ness on your part you simply parrot the corrections people meant as if this is what you meant all along. Sorry, you still got it wrong the first time.
You just have to argue...

My post had very little to do with darwin, so i used an incredibly simplified, barely a sentence explanation for his concept. You just post a paragraph that explored his concept.

You are saying that my stance has changed...because YOU say that I was originally implying that a species adapts immediately, in one generation. I neither said that nor implied it. I simply used a childhood-level explanation of the concept...since that isnt even what my post was about.

from now on, everyone at the hype will try to make sure that they post at least one paragraph descibing exactly....to the letter...what each word means.

Crap...I have to define every word I just typed...if only there was a way to type short sentences that gets the point across without going into full detail...oh wait...i did that with darwin and look where it got me.

Old 01-14-2009, 08:51 PM   #457
Eggyman
The Oval Avenger

Wow, you still here? You not got a guitar to tune or something?

Old 01-14-2009, 08:53 PM   #458
ShadowBoxing
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggyman View Post
Wow, you still here? You not got a guitar to tune or something?
I guess there are no garage band that need a roadie this week.

ShadowBoxing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:55 PM   #459
Eggyman
The Oval Avenger

lol

Saucer of milk, table two.

Old 01-14-2009, 08:58 PM   #460
Heretic
Side-Kick

Quote:
I guess there are no garage band that need a roadie this week.
At least youre paying attention...

Ive stated before, that I stopped working with record labels and decided to focus on smaller bands and starting my own label...so...I do not take offense to you saying that I work with garage bands. What Ive always done is take small bands and help make them famous...so thats cool.

And for the record...I cannot play guitar...like...at all.

Old 01-14-2009, 09:19 PM   #461
SsM
Stuff?

Have you worked with Metallica? That's my favorite band!

SsM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:38 PM   #462
Matt Murdock
Side-Kick

I am happy when I visit this thready.

Matt Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:18 PM   #463
Venom'sDad
Enter The Sym

Sadly, no one can really be trusted these days.

Old 01-14-2009, 10:20 PM   #464
Heretic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SsM View Post
Have you worked with Metallica? That's my favorite band!
Nope. They have mostly been on Elektra, a company I've never worked with.

Also, as far as bookings go...I am small time and only deal with clubs with less than 2000 capacity. I dont have the stroke to be pulling in the majors.

Last edited by Heretic; 01-14-2009 at 10:24 PM.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:53 PM   #465
Dark Hulkness
Side-Kick

Trust her until she gives you a reason not to! Trust your boyz until they give you a reason not to! Its as simple as that! We are all humans and fall short sometimes so don't be scared to forgive, pain in a relationship is inevitable.

"He does have power. One power: the power to devote himself abosolutely to a single goal - the power to be ruthless with himself and all else in its pursuit. It is the only power he needs; because unlinke the great mass of men, he is aware of this power, and he is willing, even happy, to use it."
Dark Hulkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 05:58 PM   #466
I'm Old Greg
do you love me?

wow i guess men can't trust each other...

I'm Old Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 06:12 PM   #467
Johann Schmidtt

I think so,it's just a primal response to see your mate in the presence of another.

Old 01-26-2009, 11:26 AM   #468
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

The poll is pretty slanted, I think.

Chris Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:53 AM   #469
Eggyman
The Oval Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wallace View Post
The poll is pretty slanted, I think.
Very much so. There's no positive, just varying degrees of negative.

Old 01-26-2009, 12:05 PM   #470
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

I didn't vote for that reason. How about, "My woman can be trusted b/c she's not a whore" or "My friends can be trusted"?

Old 01-26-2009, 12:12 PM   #471
Ace of Knaves
Banned User

I will vote positive!

Edit: Oh crap, i see what you mean, there isn't any positive choices! hahahahaha

Ace of Knaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:13 PM   #472
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

See?

Old 01-26-2009, 12:21 PM   #473
amazingfantasy15
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ace of Knaves View Post
I will vote positive!

Edit: Oh crap, i see what you mean, there isn't any positive choices! hahahahaha
Well, that's because all women are out to destroy men and men are physically unable to keep it in their pants. Don't you watch movies?