The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 07:06 PM   #376
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

I'm late but Loki totally got played in that Black Widow scene. Suits him right hes a cocky beeyotch anyways. Probably in my least favorite characters of the mcu he just doesn't intimidate me as a viewer I'm really hoping we get a full break from him after thor 2 til Thor 3

I guess I'd say hes a good character and certainly well acted but hes not a good bad guy. Doesn't make me feel any sense of distress like characters like Stane, Killiandarin, Bane, Khan and even Blonsky gave me that feeling of this guy shouldn't be messed with

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )

Last edited by mkilban2; 08-15-2013 at 07:10 PM.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:14 PM   #377
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Okay I must ask 2 things.

1. We only have 1 "true" IMAX in sweden. I have seen it in action once and I recall it being very expensive. Is it that common in the states to have one or does IMAX 3D basically mean a regular 3D projection device used in cinemas?

2. I have some friends who think 3D sucks big time. When I ask them why 3D is bad I don´t get a justified answer.
Is it because it´s unnecessary tech that costs more? I get that tho. Trying to keep it as cheap as possible. But what the heck, it´s 19 bucks in total or something, so I tend not to weap.
In terms of experience/quality whilst watching 3D, what makes it less good than 2D? Let´s take Wolverine. What harm did the 3D do there?

Old 08-15-2013, 07:37 PM   #378
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post

1. We only have 1 "true" IMAX in sweden. I have seen it in action once and I recall it being very expensive. Is it that common in the states to have one or does IMAX 3D basically mean a regular 3D projection device used in cinemas?

2. I have some friends who think 3D sucks big time. When I ask them why 3D is bad I don´t get a justified answer.
Is it because it´s unnecessary tech that costs more? I get that tho. Trying to keep it as cheap as possible. But what the heck, it´s 19 bucks in total or something, so I tend not to weap.
In terms of experience/quality whilst watching 3D, what makes it less good than 2D? Let´s take Wolverine. What harm did the 3D do there?
Well, there's more than one IMAX in the states. I live in a relatively small town and we're getting one in 2014 so yeah, they're kind of common. IMAX theaters are pretty much just better theaters, the screens are bigger, the shape is different, sound is better. It does cost more but the experience is awesome.

As for 3D, it's mostly a matter of opinion. Sometimes, when I watch 3D, the glasses and screen give me a headache and it's not like I can take them off and just watch the movie without them because 3D movies are fuzzy. That's the most common complaint. And, when it comes to 3D, a lot of times directors put in shots that are made just for 3D; things coming at the screen, things jumping out at you, general things like that. But in 2D, it's just kind of pointless. 3D doesn't do much except give a new layer, supposedly, to the experience, but if it gives you a headache it takes away from that entirely. Also, movies that aren't shot in 3D but are converted to 3D later, end up being darker than 2D.

Old 08-15-2013, 07:54 PM   #379
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Now I have to move to the states hehe

Ty for some legit arguments.

I now understand ppl complaining but the fact still remains, I don´t mind at all.

The only thing I personally can complain about (for I don´t get an headache) is the fact that they might do scenes for 3D. The likes of Feige and Whedon wouldn´t choose/force a scene with 3D capability at the expense of a 2D scene that´s better tho.

Old 08-15-2013, 07:55 PM   #380
Feenix
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
I'm late but Loki totally got played in that Black Widow scene. Suits him right hes a cocky beeyotch anyways. Probably in my least favorite characters of the mcu he just doesn't intimidate me as a viewer I'm really hoping we get a full break from him after thor 2 til Thor 3

I guess I'd say hes a good character and certainly well acted but hes not a good bad guy. Doesn't make me feel any sense of distress like characters like Stane, Killiandarin, Bane, Khan and even Blonsky gave me that feeling of this guy shouldn't be messed with
Killian

Old 08-15-2013, 07:55 PM   #381
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Quote:

Black Widow didn't really play Loki. Loki's plan still played out exactly how he wanted it to. Loki is not a pure villain. He is of a tragic figure.

Quote:

No Marvel film has actually been shot in IMAX, so it isn't real IMAX. If you are in a legit IMAX theater, a legit IMAX projector and screen is used, even with 3D.

As to 3D. It has a lot of problem. 3D cuts the light in half, films looks muddy and extremely dark (night scenes are hard to watch at the best of times) and it can hurt the overall quality of how the film looks. It is why so many get headaches watching in 3D.

There are things like the fact that when 3D shots are added to films, they look completely out of place and if you wear glasses, and I do, the 3D glasses are cumbersome to say the least.

Old 08-15-2013, 08:19 PM   #382
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

I never have any of these problems! No offence but you sound just like my buddies when they talk about this. I mean in terms of making it be worse than it actually is.
I do admit you arguments are better but still exaggerated just a wee bit, if I may be so bold.

You are correct but extremely dark? Night scenes being hard to watch, at best? The glasses being cumbersome?

I don´t even notice these things, it can´t be that bad. Seriously? I do understand if ppl get a headache that´s not okay.

Also, it´s 1 time. When it comes out you get it in 2D and watch it at home.

Old 08-15-2013, 08:20 PM   #383
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
I never have any of these problems! No offence but you sound just like my buddies when they talk about this. I mean in terms of making it be worse than it actually is.
I do admit you arguments are better but still exxagerated just a wee bit if I may.

You are correct but extremely dark? Night scenes being hard to watch, at best? The glasses being cumbersome?

I don´t even notice these things, it can´t be that bad. Seriously? I do understand if ppl get a headache that´s not okay.

Or you could just watch it in 2D at the theater

Old 08-15-2013, 08:27 PM   #384
Bren
Forevernoob

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Loki is not a pure villain. He is of a tragic figure.
I thought he was a bhiny witch in Thor and Avengers. Worked though... But I want different (proper) villians and happily seem to be getting them.

Old 08-15-2013, 08:34 PM   #385
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombra112 View Post
Or you could just watch it in 2D at the theater
Yeah you could, but that´s not always optional over here at least.

Old 08-15-2013, 08:36 PM   #386
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Really? That's weird. Over here, at least in my town, every movie that's showing in 3D has at least one at the same time in 2D. I'm thinking about seeing Thor in 2D, actually. If we go to the theater in my town, I will but if it's in the next town over I'll probably do 3D (it's a new theater, doesn't give me a headache when I watch it there )

Old 08-15-2013, 08:38 PM   #387
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
I do admit you arguments are better but still exaggerated just a wee bit, if I may be so bold.

Do you have 3D stock or something? I am not making anything up. That is just how it is. It is not exaggeration. The resolution of a film in 3D is effected because you need two images for 3D to work. And yes, if you have watched films like DH p2 or Thor in 2D, they are extremely dark. In 3D, nearly unwatchable in some places. Watch Thor vs. the Frost Giants in 3D. Awful.

The proof is in the pudding. The amount of money coming from 3D screens is going down and down because people aren't going to see these films in 3D. Part of it is cost, but part of it is that it just isn't a good experience.

I also separated the glasses thing because it is a personal problem. I wear glasses. Trying to wear the glasses over them is cumbersome and I don't want my glasses scratched.

I am the kind of person that walks out of a theater if the film isn't properly lit. I get my money back. I enjoy my movie going. I enjoy film. It is extremely disappointing going to the theater and having it ruined by an inferior experience.

Quote:
Which is perhaps why you accept it. I don't have to. Every film I watch is in 2D in the theater. I tried 3D a couple of times, I dislike it profoundly.

Old 08-15-2013, 08:41 PM   #388
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Do you have 3D stock or something? I am not making anything up. That is just how it is. It is not exaggeration. The resolution of a film in 3D is effected because you need two images for 3D to work. And yes, if you have watched films like DH p2 or Thor in 2D, they are extremely dark. In 3D, nearly unwatchable in some places. Watch Thor vs. the Frost Giants in 3D. Awful.

The proof is in the pudding. The amount of money coming from 3D screens is going down and down because people aren't going to see these films in 3D. Part of it is cost, but part of it is that it just isn't a good experience.

I also separated the glasses thing because it is a personal problem. I wear glasses. Trying to wear the glasses over them is cumbersome and I don't want my glasses scratched.

I am the kind of person that walks out of a theater if the film isn't properly lit. I get my money back. I enjoy my movie going. I enjoy film. It is extremely disappointing going to the theater and having it ruined by an inferior experience.

Which is perhaps why you accept it. I don't have to. Every film I watch is in 2D in the theater. I tried 3D a couple of times, I dislike it profoundly.
I wear glasses and the 3D glasses don't bother me. They slip right over your regular glasses, they don't even touch.

Also, if you hate seeing it in 3D so much, stop seeing it in 3d.

Old 08-15-2013, 08:43 PM   #389
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
I wear glasses and the 3D glasses don't bother me. They slip right over your regular glasses, they don't even touch.

Also, if you hate seeing it in 3D so much, stop seeing it in 3d.
I don't watch films in 3D (expect for a couple of times). It was asked why people don't like it, I explained it. You seem to have trouble understanding this.

I don't know about your theater's 3D glasses, but I have a pair of glasses that would disagree with you.

Old 08-15-2013, 08:45 PM   #390
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't watch films in 3D. You asked why people don't like it, I explained it. You seem to have trouble understanding this.

I don't know about your theater's 3D glasses, but I have a pair of glasses that would disagree with you.
I didn't ask why people don't like it. I was explaining to Mightyally why people don't like it. I see the pros and cons 3D because I can enjoy 3D and 2D.

And if you don't even watch them in 3D why are you complaining like you do?

Old 08-15-2013, 08:47 PM   #391
Thor Odinson
Banned User

So, this is the 3D discussion thread now?

Old 08-15-2013, 08:50 PM   #392
Sombra112
Side-Kick

^
Woo! Thor coming soon! A little less than three months now!

Old 08-15-2013, 08:50 PM   #393
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Quote:
Do you have 3D stock or something?
Haha no!

Okay Okay let´s agree on this.

What you are saying is true. It´s all there, but the extent of the problems differ from person to person. I don´t experience the problems you have presented at all but you on the other hand notice them. So I guess it´s very individual.

Getting a headache whilst watching 3D and wearing glasses which makes it more cumbersome are things one can´t control. But not all have this problem with glasses tho.

Old 08-15-2013, 08:54 PM   #394
Thor Odinson
Banned User

Quote:
^
Woo! Thor coming soon! A little less than three months now!
Now it's better.

Old 08-15-2013, 08:57 PM   #395
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Quote:
Really? That's weird. Over here, at least in my town, every movie that's showing in 3D has at least one at the same time in 2D. I'm thinking about seeing Thor in 2D, actually. If we go to the theater in my town, I will but if it's in the next town over I'll probably do 3D (it's a new theater, doesn't give me a headache when I watch it there )
Here it´s 50/50if you can choose at all imo. Also, the best shows are always 3D. 3D get the big theater and the popular times.

Old 08-15-2013, 09:03 PM   #396
Sombra112
Side-Kick

"Yeah, the conflict between Thor and Odin was, I think, so great in the first one, and [Alan Taylor] didnt want to repeat that," said Hemsworth. "Certainly they disagree, as I think they always will at times, but there's a far greater respect from each other. So it becomes, I guess, a more mature conversation, but there's more at stake this time, too. It's not just their individual egos, there's the whole universe at stake."

Found that in this article:

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2013/08/15...emsworth-king/

It's not what you think it's about, that's what I thought too. But I guess that means that Thor and Odin aren't going to have a big ground zero fight like before.

Old 08-15-2013, 09:04 PM   #397
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:

Black Widow technicaly lead everyone into Loki's Trap. He wanted to get everyone into the room with the spear in order to mess with there minds.
Quote:
Black Widow didn't really play Loki. Loki's plan still played out exactly how he wanted it to. Loki is not a pure villain. He is of a tragic figure.

Yea Loki is more of an anti-villain.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 08-15-2013 at 09:08 PM.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:10 PM   #398
Loki882
Side-Kick

Black Widow is a master spy, her job is to trick and manipulate people. Hiddleston even mentioned how she and Loki were similar in that regard. I can totally buy her tricking Loki, especially given his arrogance, overconfidence, and possible misogyny. The team was just too late to prevent his plan from succeeding.

Old 08-15-2013, 09:16 PM   #399
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Quote:
"Yeah, the conflict between Thor and Odin was, I think, so great in the first one, and [Alan Taylor] didnt want to repeat that," said Hemsworth. "Certainly they disagree, as I think they always will at times, but there's a far greater respect from each other. So it becomes, I guess, a more mature conversation, but there's more at stake this time, too. It's not just their individual egos, there's the whole universe at stake."

Found that in this article:

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2013/08/15...emsworth-king/

It's not what you think it's about, that's what I thought too. But I guess that means that Thor and Odin aren't going to have a big ground zero fight like before.
Gr8 link! Thx <3

Quote:
"'Avengers' is kind of a side step," said Hemsworth. "This is certainly a continuation of it, but at the same time, you know, Thor's journey—I think—picks more so up from, you know, where we left the first one
I found that interesting. The movie is essentially going to be about Thor´s duties/role and Asgards position in the 9 realms, and about other realms and the war in them etc.

"This is a continuation of it" Thanos you son of a gun! I hope you steal the cube/IG/scepter

Old 08-15-2013, 09:48 PM   #400
Loki882
Side-Kick

I think that Thanos wants the cube and maybe the IG (if they choose to go that route). I don't think that he cares about the scepter, considering that he gave it to Loki in the first place.

Closed Thread