The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 11:04 PM   #401
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
I can see where Jaqua is coming from.... However, it seems a large majority didn't think it through properly and just thought "well played BW"

Worked for me

Being the Trickster and tricking Asgard and tricking the frost giants does not imply he can never be tricked. I think the point of that scene was to show EXACTLY that. The fact that BW and friends couldn't act on it quick enough was fine too, Loki got what he wanted anyway, which I was fine with.

Did you not notice that none of his plans have actually succeeded?

I must admit and ask forgiveness - I always read jaqua as 'jackwa'

They don't succeed because that's how Loki is. My point is that they were big schemes, especially in Thor 1, and he almost pulled it off. The only reason he didn't pull it off was because Odin happened to wake up from his sleep. Everything was going according to Loki's plan, except that one variable. And again, someone who can do THAT, will not accidentally slip up, not in a situation like this, it's far too big a scale. Arrogance is one thing, but that seems like stupidity.

When looking at the conversation, nothing suggests that he gave info, and his "what?" seemed confused, to me. Given how the conversation went, and for reasons I said, it just seems weird. Like it was stuck in there. Nothing happened in that conversation that showed that he got tricked, aside from Widows spontaneous reaction. Since it was never commented on, and only implied, and the fact that Loki still got what he wanted, that, based on Widow opening up to Hawkeye, I am just going to say that despite Hulk being "hilarious", it wasn't something Loki considered until she brought it up. Even if it was, which it obviously could have been, nothing happened that would allow her to get an answer

But I rest. It is whatever, so sure, I'm done with this lol

As for the bold, why must you ask forgiveness? You are saying it right lol.

the word "aqua" with a J in the beginning lol It's the first letter of my first name and the first few letters of my last name. jaqua, and the 99, that's the number of the car my favorite nascar driver drives, Carl Edwards lol

oh jackwa lol it's close enough

New MCU battles will be held each week in the Marvel Films forum!

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009

Last edited by jaqua99; 08-15-2013 at 11:12 PM.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:24 PM   #402
Loki882
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

No, I think that Loki's creepy smile after hearing the Hulk's roar proves that his plan was always to unleash the beast (among other things). Also, the "what" struck me as him being surprised at her sudden change in demeanor (scare and disturbed back to stoic and composed). He clearly didn't expect her to figure it out, and it surprised him initially.

Old 08-15-2013, 11:26 PM   #403
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Has anyone here ever read CRYTONOMICON by NEAL STEPHENSON? There is a part way at the end that has a fascinating analysis of gods and myths across cultures and one of them is of course Loki. It's interesting that a god of cunning intelligence is often portrayed in the Norse worldview as being both very duplicitous as well as often too smart for his own good. In myth a lot the times while Loki is essential to getting the goDS out of some jam using craftyness, it's also the case that they wouldn't have gotten into said messes if Loki wasn't scheming up a storm to begin with.
The Norse people of their times seemed to have a distrust or at least a strong distaste of the type of prowess Loki exemplified.

Just putting this up again since I think it's relevant to talking about Loki. He is a product of the culture that he was spawned from. Did the varied tales of Loki turn out as they did because the people who told them had a distrust of that kind of personality? Was there something unseemly to them about someone with excessive cunning?

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/ TBC'S THOR: RAGNAROK REVIEW, STRANGER THINGS 2 REVIEW AND DISNEY/FOX RUMORS.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:55 PM   #404
Bren
Forevernoob

I know that Heimdal seemed 'off duty' in the trailer, but I loved his voice in 'Thor' and wish that's how he sounded all the time. Maybe a little less officious, but the tone and quality.

I kinda liked the idea of him NEVER being off duty tbh. Just seemed like that kind of dude.

Old 08-15-2013, 11:58 PM   #405
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
I know that Heimdal seemed 'off duty' in the trailer, but I loved his voice in 'Thor' and wish that's how he sounded all the time. Maybe a little less officious, but the tone and quality.

I kinda liked the idea of him NEVER being off duty tbh. Just seemed like that kind of dude.
Well, he can see and hear everything so he's probably never really off duty.

Old 08-16-2013, 12:19 AM   #406
herolee10
No More Miracles

You know, considering the huge threat that Malekith and his Dark Elves present to the nine realms, I wonder why Thor doesn't try to recruit the Avengers, mainly the heavy hitters like Iron Man, CA, and Hulk, to help him fight in the war against them when the could help turn the tide.

Old 08-16-2013, 12:25 AM   #407
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
You know, considering the huge threat that Malekith and his Dark Elves present to the nine realms, I wonder why Thor doesn't try to recruit the Avengers, mainly the heavy hitters like Iron Man, CA, and Hulk, to help him fight in the war against them when the could help turn the tide.
Thought travel is way easy for him, maybe he has time constraints of one kind or the other??

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/ TBC'S THOR: RAGNAROK REVIEW, STRANGER THINGS 2 REVIEW AND DISNEY/FOX RUMORS.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:37 AM   #408
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Thought travel is way easy for him, maybe he has time constraints of one kind or the other??
Maybe it's because he got in trouble just for bringing Jane there. Imagine his dad if he brought in like three other midgardians.

Old 08-16-2013, 12:56 AM   #409
herolee10
No More Miracles

Well he wouldn't need to bring them to Asgard since the war with the Maruders are seemingly taking place in the other realms for the most part.

Old 08-16-2013, 12:59 AM   #410
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombra112 View Post
Maybe it's because he got in trouble just for bringing Jane there. Imagine his dad if he brought in like three other midgardians.

ODIN: I don't like you hanging around with those nogoodniks! Especially that Tony Stark! He's a bad influence, I tell ya!

Old 08-16-2013, 01:12 AM   #411
Thor Odinson
Banned User

Quote:
Thor liks to take care of his business alone.

Old 08-16-2013, 01:15 AM   #412
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
ODIN: I don't like you hanging around with those nogoodniks! Especially that Tony Stark! He's a bad influence, I tell ya!
THOR: You never understand me, dad! You forgot what it's like to be 1000 years old!

Old 08-16-2013, 01:17 AM   #413
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
THOR: You never understand me, dad! You forgot what it's like to be 1000 years old!

Old 08-16-2013, 01:57 AM   #414
Feenix
Banned User

Quote:
Probably because they have their own crap to worry about and probably because they have no idea what's going on. After the Dark Elves attack in London, it looks like the fight is brought elsewhere. Not on Earth, not the Avengers' problem. It's a god's fight, not a mortal's (even though the Hulk would be useful, but he's probably trying to steer clear of any fights since TA). Black Widow and Hawkeye are human, so they would be no more useful than an Asgardian warrior, Iron Man has major anxiety issues and Captain America is probably off doing American-y things.

Last edited by Feenix; 08-16-2013 at 02:01 AM.
Old 08-16-2013, 02:10 AM   #415
TayDee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicPinchy View Post
Probably because they have their own crap to worry about and probably because they have no idea what's going on. After the Dark Elves attack in London, it looks like the fight is brought elsewhere. Not on Earth, not the Avengers' problem. It's a god's fight, not a mortal's (even though the Hulk would be useful, but he's probably trying to steer clear of any fights since TA). Black Widow and Hawkeye are human, so they would be no more useful than an Asgardian warrior, Iron Man has major anxiety issues and Captain America is probably off doing American-y things.
And not to forget that Thor's ego is pretty huge

Old 08-16-2013, 02:11 AM   #416
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TayDee View Post
And not to forget that Thor's ego is pretty huge
I thought he got an ego check after the first Thor. I thought that was the entire point of the first Thor.

Old 08-16-2013, 02:18 AM   #417
TayDee
Side-Kick

Quote:
I thought he got an ego check after the first Thor. I thought that was the entire point of the first Thor.
Just because he learned a lesson doesn't change his warrior instincts.

Old 08-16-2013, 02:22 AM   #418
Loki882
Side-Kick

Lets see, Tony is taking some time off to be with Pepper, Cap and BW are busy hunting down TWS, Banner is probably in seclusion again, and who the hell knows where Hawkeye is. Also, we don't know how Thor gets to Earth, if he can only do it once, etc. And the most important reason, the movie is called THOR: TDW, not Avengers 2. I heard the same argument with IM 3, it made no sense there, and makes even less here.

Old 08-16-2013, 02:25 AM   #419
Bren
Forevernoob

I don't care where they are. I'll care when it's Avengers 2, but until then...

Old 08-16-2013, 03:03 AM   #420
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Sorry
lol it's no problem, to BRIEFLY mention MoS but don't derail the thread with it. We derail it enough with other Thor stuff lol

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 08-16-2013, 04:52 AM   #421
PacificBoy
Side-Kick

Would love to see more of Heimdall in the coming movie. Love his stoicness, his presence and the solemn tone of duty in his voice. There's the sense of so much resting on his shoulders. Thought the closeup of his single tear during Thor's failed retrieval of Mjolnir was brilliant. One of my favorite scenes.

Old 08-16-2013, 05:02 AM   #422
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Yeah Heimdall was pretty cool. Wish we had a way to get more of him in the films

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 08-16-2013, 05:55 AM   #423
PacificBoy
Side-Kick

The trailers and rumored story seem to suggest so. More of the Asgardians -- Hemdall, Frigga, Sif and the Warriors Three -- is great.

Old 08-16-2013, 06:42 AM   #424
chamber-music
Infinity Ammo

Heimdall is supposed to kick some ass in this movie. Taylor and Elba both said he has more to do in this film.

Old 08-16-2013, 09:47 AM   #425
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Lets see, Tony is taking some time off to be with Pepper, Cap and BW are busy hunting down TWS, Banner is probably in seclusion again, and who the hell knows where Hawkeye is. Also, we don't know how Thor gets to Earth, if he can only do it once, etc. And the most important reason, the movie is called THOR: TDW, not Avengers 2. I heard the same argument with IM 3, it made no sense there, and makes even less here.

People just want to find things to nit-pick about, it's ridiculous. The Avengers can't show up everytime a member gets into some sought of trouble or a small conflict/problem. The Avengers only assemble when the threat is too big for one of them to handle i.e ULTRON.

Closed Thread