The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man

Old 02-01-2013, 08:52 PM   #451
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man: Tie it in with the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

i want spider-man in the avengers 2 because joss whedon gave iron man, hulk, thor, black widow and halkeye all awesome action-based moments in the avengers (i thought he under utilised captain america and played down his abilities compared to the first avenger).

can you imagine spider-man being in the battle for new york? the fun joss would have had with that? it would have been better than any other spider-man action in any other movie, IMO.

www.redlettermedia.com
Repulsor Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:23 PM   #452
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man: Tie it in with the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
If Spider-Man ever gets brought into the MCU, I hope it's only for a big event, like a final battle and he doesn't stick around after that. I prefer him solo.
I'd like that as well. I'm aware of (and mostly agree) that Spidey is a primarily a solo hero, but that fact is what makes his team ups so much fun, especially when he's with The Avengers. He sees himself as just a kid in a room of giants. Makes for interesting character moments (and I love seeing the others get annoyed with/laugh at Spidey's antics. Having him show up in the third act as opposed to an entire movie is a nice compromise.

Spider-Who? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:26 PM   #453
Nathan

The thing I want to see the most his him geeking out with Banner and Stark. After that, I don't really care what they decide his role in the MCU will be.

Old 02-02-2013, 12:26 AM   #454
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Item 47 where the guy had an ESU T-Shirt on.
Didn't know that. If that is true, then I think it is pretty much official that Spidey will appear in the MCU down the road. I don't see why Sony would let them use a Spider-Man related property without letting them use the rest.

Damn, I'm pumped like crazy now! I can't wait to see this .

I'm still going to remain cautious though. Like I said, there are chances this may affect both the Spider-Man and Avengers movies in a negative way. It could go either way.

Old 02-02-2013, 12:48 AM   #455
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone would interact with Spider-Man. The character interactions with Spidey are always the best thing in his crossovers IMO.

Tony will probably see him as just a really bright kid but one that lacks experience. He'll either be neutral on his sense of humor or may find him funny at times.

Captain America will probably have the same respect and admiration he has for him in the comics.

He will probably piss off the Hulk big time. LOL. Bruce himself wouldn't really react much.

Thor will like him. He likes all of his allies. Not much to say here.

Not much to say about Hawkeye since we don't know a lot about his character and didn't see enough of him but assuming he usually has the same personality as in the 616 comics, he will see Spidey as a comedic rival.

Black Widow will probably just find him annoying. Though she did try to seduce him a couple of times in the comics before. lol

If they bring in Hank Pym, I expect to see a scene similar to this:

Old 02-02-2013, 08:54 AM   #456
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

He would make them look bad

Spiderdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:51 AM   #457
Anno_Domini
Banned User

^ Please, explain that idea.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:57 AM   #458
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderdevil View Post
He would make them look bad
We're talking about the Avengers here. Not the X-Men .

Old 02-02-2013, 12:24 PM   #459
Doc Ock
The Spider-Totem Awakens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
^ Please, explain that idea.
Yes please. He would make them look bad intelligence wise?

Old 02-02-2013, 12:36 PM   #460
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

If Spidey was in the Avengers I would want the entire Avengers captured and held prisoner and for Fury to get in touch with Spidey to save every last one of them and for Stark, Thor, Banner and Cap to know that they were saved by a kid from Queens. Yeah, I said it. Selfish but I don't care

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:39 PM   #461
Nathan

I think it would be cooler if he teams up with one Avenger that wasn't captured. Like Cap and Spidey together, saving the Avengers. That'd be awesome.

Last edited by Nathan; 02-02-2013 at 01:02 PM.
Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:01 PM   #462
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
If Spidey was in the Avengers I would want the entire Avengers captured and held prisoner and for Fury to get in touch with Spidey to save every last one of them and for Stark, Thor, Banner and Cap to know that they were saved by a kid from Queens. Yeah, I said it. Selfish but I don't care
Me being a big Spider-Man fan, I would love to see a "Spider-Man is the greatest Marvel hero" moment as much as you do but I don't think it should be done. I know I hate it when I read Marvel crossovers where Spider-Man is portrayed as just a comic-relief idiot that relies on other Marvel characters to win his battles (which is how he is portrayed a lot of the time in big crossovers) and I'm sure the hardcore Iron Man/Cap/Thor/Hulk fans wouldn't like it either if their favorite character was dumbed down like that just to make another character look cool. So I'm kinda opposed to that idea.

I would, however, love to see a "Spider-Man throws the final punch against the villain" moment similar to Hulk beating the crap out of Loki or Iron Man flying the nuke into the alien ship.

I would love to see something very similar to this:

This is the best way to do a "Spidey is the best" moment without making the rest of the team look bad.

Old 02-02-2013, 01:45 PM   #463
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
I know I hate it when I read Marvel crossovers where Spider-Man is portrayed as just a comic-relief idiot that relies on other Marvel characters to win his battles
And 'this' is the reason I want Spidey to have his moment. Spidey has been Marvel's flagship character for decades and deserves his moment.

I've read a lot of crossovers but my favorite crossover moment of all time is in the Secret Wars when Spidey takes down the entire Xmen. Freaking AWESOME.

Old 02-02-2013, 02:28 PM   #464
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
And 'this' is the reason I want Spidey to have his moment. Spidey has been Marvel's flagship character for decades and deserves his moment.
That's true. He does deserve this moment but having the whole team captured and him being the one to save everyone may be a bit risky because it might turn the movie into "Spider-Man guest starring The Avengers". I'm not saying it can't be done well but there is a high chance that it could fall into that territory which, despite it being something Spidey deserves, would be something the Avengers wouldn't deserve. I think a moment similar to Flash's moment in the JLU clip I posted would work a lot better. Spider-Man would still have that epic moment and be the one to throw the "big final punch" against the main villain (and surprise everyone at the same time) but the Avengers would still be there and not be damsel-in-distresses.

Plus, I think Spidey having a moment against the main villain in front of all the Avengers is way more epic than him breaking them out of prison during the middle of the film only for him not to do much against the main villain in the final battle at the end.

Quote:
I've read a lot of crossovers but my favorite crossover moment of all time is in the Secret Wars when Spidey takes down the entire Xmen. Freaking AWESOME.
Yep. That was awesome . But that's why I said a few posts ago that this was the Avengers, not the X-Men. Spidey is known for taking down the X-Men multiple times already (specifically Wolverine lol). It is kinda of an ongoing joke now within comics similar to the whole "Batman always beats Superman cuz he's Batman" thing DC has.

Old 02-02-2013, 02:59 PM   #465
Doc Ock
The Spider-Totem Awakens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I think it would be cooler if he teams up with one Avenger that wasn't captured. Like Cap and Spidey together, saving the Avengers. That'd be awesome.
I love Cap and Spidey together. That needs to be a comic!

Old 02-02-2013, 03:56 PM   #466
Jexx
the Emerald Eagle

In TASM, Peter Parker is of the class of 2012 according to the various ARG sites used to promote the movie. That means that the movie probably happens either in September/October 2011, or in April/May/June 2012.

No idea when The Avengers takes place. I'd personally think that TASM happens after TA, which would probably place them fairly close together on a timeline.

Emerald Eagle
Position:Head Assistant Researcher
Department(s):Nano-tech, Cross-Species Genetics

Why Peter Parker in The Amazing Spider-Man isn't a 'dick' or a 'brooding loner'.
Jexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:59 PM   #467
Mr. Dent
Banned User

1. Wasn't Peter in his junior year in the film? If so, it's more likely the film takes place around January 2011.
2. TASM has to take place before the Avengers for anything to really make sense if they were in the same universe.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:07 PM   #468
Jexx
the Emerald Eagle

1. Nope, he was a senior. Also, January makes little sense due to the fact that New York usually gets a good amount of snow..
2. Not really, I'd say the opposite honestly. Disregarding any of this 'oh the MetLife building is actually Stark Tower in The Avengers!' stuff which I don't think means that much in a fictional movie where NYC isn't the same NYC we know.

Emerald Eagle

Why Peter Parker in The Amazing Spider-Man isn't a 'dick' or a 'brooding loner'.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:34 PM   #469
Mr. Dent
Banned User

I say it makes sense for it to come before because of how the media and police react to a giant Lizard not to mention there is no Stark Tower in general in the movie. It also matches up with the comic timeline.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:11 PM   #470
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

I thought the timeline was in real time i.e. The Avengers happens in May and Peter gets his powers in July, it explains why Peter doesn't help out when the army invades and the reason the Avengers doesn't help out when the Lizard attacks is the threat is too small and localised.

Old 02-02-2013, 05:22 PM   #471
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
I thought the timeline was in real time i.e. The Avengers happens in May and Peter gets his powers in July, it explains why Peter doesn't help out when the army invades and the reason the Avengers doesn't help out when the Lizard attacks is the threat is too small and localized.
Peter can't get his powers in July because he gets his powers during the school year. As for why Peter was MIA when the invasion happened, that could easily be explained. He was either in a different part of New York fighting someone else (only Manhattan was attacked) or he was in Queens and only got to Manhattan when the fight was over.

The Lizard threat was by no means too small. The entire island of Manhattan was in danger and was being evacuated. Both the Avengers and SHIELD presumably couldn't get there in time since it was a surprise attack. Spider-Man is currently the only known superhero in the MCU to consistently operate in NYC (assuming that he is in the MCU) plus he knew about the Lizard's plan prior to the attack realistically speaking he was the only hero to be able to be there on time and to stop the Lizard.

It would make more sense for TASM to be set a bit before The Avengers IMO plus it matches with the comics since Spider-Man was one of the first Marvel superheroes created and became active in NYC prior to the formation of the Avengers (though not by much).

Old 02-02-2013, 07:35 PM   #472
NewYorkSpider
Norm!

We've had this discussion before and it takes place in the September - November months. Remember Peter and Gwen at the football facility? High School football usually takes place during those months.

NewYorkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:51 PM   #473
Jexx
the Emerald Eagle

So, 2011 then?

Emerald Eagle

Old 02-02-2013, 07:53 PM   #474
Rise_-
Side-Kick

Rise_- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:00 PM   #475
Rise_-
Side-Kick

Look at the date.

Rise_- is offline   Reply With Quote