The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man

Old 02-04-2013, 09:01 AM   #526
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man: Tie it in with the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

how likely is it that sony and marvel will add spiderman to the avengers universe?

J.J. Abrams “We are standing on the shoulders of Episodes I through VI.”

(Always Manage Expectations.)
GuestStar2004 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:58 AM   #527
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man: Tie it in with the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
how likely is it that sony and marvel will add spiderman to the avengers universe?

Two points;

1. Sony will want to push the profile of their flagship character.

2. DC will have the icon Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman in the same movie and that movie comes out the same year.
Marvel has a character that is ingrained into pop culture like DC's big three and that character is Spider-Man. The Avengers would be stronger with Spidey than not. Adding Spidey to Avengers 2 is pretty much add 200m (at least!) to the box office.

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:02 PM   #528
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

it would be great if spiderman joined the avengers universe, altho unless the deal has already been done hasn't Joss Whedon already started writing the script?

although id have to question how much face time andrew garfield would get to warrent being a part of an avengers film, unless they already know what he looks like under the mask it probably wouldnt matter but hey

J.J. Abrams “We are standing on the shoulders of Episodes I through VI.”

(Always Manage Expectations.)
GuestStar2004 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:06 PM   #529
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
But in X3 they show an old Professor X and Magneto recruiting Jean Grey. And I even if you ignore X3, there are many continuity errors with X1 and X2.
But they could still recruit Jean Grey at an old age as the first trilogy shows, they seemed to have become more eased with age so Magneto could have easily went with X one day to find out about Jean's abilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thwip! View Post
Corporate buyout, could be a subsidiary of Oscorp who could've bought it when hammer went to jail
I like this idea. HAMMER failing and about to be put out of its misery but OsCorp buys it. So many opportunities if Spidey was part of the MCU. Then we could have actually gotten the real Iron Patriot as well.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:23 PM   #530
GRangerPrimeNYC
AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post

I like this idea. HAMMER failing and about to be put out of its misery but OsCorp buys it. So many opportunities if Spidey was part of the MCU. Then we could have actually gotten the real Iron Patriot as well.
Apparently in Iron Man 3, the armor gets stolen by the Mandarian and is used to frame James Rhodes and the USA on attacking China.

So for War Machine
- Rhody takes Mark II
- Hammer converts it to War Machine
- In the prequel to IM3, Rhody returns it to Tony and he returns it to it's Mark II condition.
- A couple months later, Tony gives Rhody a new Black and Silver War Machine armor.
- Some time before or during IM3, the government has it painted Red, White, and Blue into the Iron Patriot.

So technically the Iron Patriot armor has no connection to Hammer.

If the armor isn't recovered at the end of IM3, it could go to anywhere or anyone......

Last edited by GRangerPrimeNYC; 02-04-2013 at 12:28 PM.
GRangerPrimeNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:28 PM   #531
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Quote:
But they could still recruit Jean Grey at an old age as the first trilogy shows, they seemed to have become more eased with age so Magneto could have easily went with X one day to find out about Jean's abilities.
Nah, I don't see that working at all. Magneto one day deciding to recruit with Professor X and forget they're enemies.

Also, Xavier wasn't in a wheelchair in that scene. In First Class, he gets paralyzed while a young man.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:14 PM   #532
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
I don't see why it would be.
If Electro is gonna do something very grand in scale, considering that if the battle of New York happened before TASM 2, the reactions of citizens and Peter would be very different compared to if nothing like that happened before

The major theme in Iron-Man 3 is "nothing has been same since New York". It really really affected Tony, and to think something like that wouldn't affect Peter, especially seeing yet another disaster, would be foolish.

So, I don't see how it wouldn't be. People of New York, especially Peter should be affected by the New York incident, it cannot just be wiped under the mat

Last edited by TheWallCrawler; 02-04-2013 at 03:19 PM.
TheWallCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:21 PM   #533
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRangerPrimeNYC View Post
Apparently in Iron Man 3, the armor gets stolen by the Mandarian and is used to frame James Rhodes and the USA on attacking China.

So for War Machine
- Rhody takes Mark II
- Hammer converts it to War Machine
- In the prequel to IM3, Rhody returns it to Tony and he returns it to it's Mark II condition.
- A couple months later, Tony gives Rhody a new Black and Silver War Machine armor.
- Some time before or during IM3, the government has it painted Red, White, and Blue into the Iron Patriot.

So technically the Iron Patriot armor has no connection to Hammer.

If the armor isn't recovered at the end of IM3, it could go to anywhere or anyone......
How does the Mandarin get his hands on it when we see Rhodey wearing the red, white and blue armor during that Super Bowl spot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
Nah, I don't see that working at all. Magneto one day deciding to recruit with Professor X and forget they're enemies.

Also, Xavier wasn't in a wheelchair in that scene. In First Class, he gets paralyzed while a young man.
They're not even enemies at all by the end of First Class. And it was mentioned that they could even work together in the sequel.

But, you're right. Totally forgot that X was walking in that flashback.

Old 02-04-2013, 03:24 PM   #534
GRangerPrimeNYC
AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

Quote:
How does the Mandarin get his hands on it when we see Rhodey wearing the red, white and blue armor during that Super Bowl spot?
During IM3, which means its stolen.

The government repaints the armor into the Iron Patriot. Later on for whatever reason, it's stolen from Rhodey.

Old 02-04-2013, 03:26 PM   #535
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Well I hope that means the red, white and blue armor ends up getting destroyed and Rhodey goes back to the War Machine armor. You said he returns the Mark II back to Tony...Tony should have refigured it back to the War Machine look and give it to Rhodey.

Old 02-04-2013, 03:59 PM   #536
GRangerPrimeNYC
AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

The War Machine armor that gets turned into the Iron Patriot is a whole new armor from the Mark II one in IM2.
I doubt Tony would bother making the Mark II into War Machine 1 again when he can just building another armor for Rhodey. Not only that!, the Mark II is probably one of those that get self destructed during the attack on the mansion.

Who knows if Rhodey gets War Machine II/ Iron Patriot back, if it even gets stolen like what some say.

Old 02-04-2013, 06:45 PM   #537
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRangerPrimeNYC View Post
Here's the thing, Stark Tower and Oscorp Tower both have in-universe fixed locations to real life ones.

In real life, Stark Tower would be on Park Avenue, above Grand Central Terminal.
Oscorp Tower is somewhere bordering east of 6th Avenue.

In The Avengers, they did a great job keeping Stark Tower in it's fixed location. In TASM, they did a piss poor job with Oscorp Tower for the most part. It isn't really a matter of angles obscuring, since I can point out to you the places where Oscorp Tower would be placed if you gave me some shots from The Avengers and same for Stark Tower in TASM.

Then again, I don't expect anyone who doesn't come from New York or studies the skyline to understand this lol.
So I dont think this would ruined anything for most people.

Don't get me started about the George Washington Bridge during the final swing.

I guess these can be more considered Productions errors rather than in-universe ones.

The thing is, the MetLife Building was carved into the Stark Tower, like carving a piece of wood into a sculpture.

Stark Tower IS the MetLife building. Apparently, that's the reason why it only took Stark 3-4 months to get Stark Tower built into the way it looked in The Avengers.
That is me lol. I understand your point then. I'm from Toronto and if TASM and TA were both shot there, I guess I would probably notice stuff like that too. But like you said, these are more production errors than continuity errors.

Also, New York in the Marvel universe is not the same thing as the New York in real life. New York in the Marvel universe would be slightly larger than in real life to fit in all the fictional locations (Avengers Tower, Oscorp Tower, Empire State University, Baxter Building, etc.) Sure that they're very similar but Marvel's NY is an 100% copy of the real life NY. More like 90%. Thus, you can always alter things up and say that there are twin MetLife buildings and the one Peter was standing on in TASM was covered up in Avengers by the other building which was turned into the Stark Tower and other BS excuses like that. Same thing can apply to the GW Bridge. I'm pretty sure the TASM tie-in game altered New York a bit too geographically. So you can still get away with it. Marvel has been doing that stuff with their NYC superheroes for decades in the comics and they always got away with it so I don't see why they can't get away with it in the movies.

I always assumed Tony built the Stark Tower within 3 - 4 months because he is Tony Stark and he is a genius (case and point: he creates an advanced armor decades ahead of us in just the span of a few hours/days). Plus this is a superhero universe, where buildings get built and rebuilt after being destroyed much faster than in real life.

Old 02-04-2013, 07:21 PM   #538
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWallCrawler View Post
If Electro is gonna do something very grand in scale, considering that if the battle of New York happened before TASM 2, the reactions of citizens and Peter would be very different compared to if nothing like that happened before.

The major theme in Iron-Man 3 is "nothing has been same since New York". It really really affected Tony, and to think something like that wouldn't affect Peter, especially seeing yet another disaster, would be foolish.

So, I don't see how it wouldn't be. People of New York, especially Peter should be affected by the New York incident, it cannot just be wiped under the mat
First of all, the Marvel universe has always been that way in every medium. Almost all the superhumans live in New York and the city gets attacked almost every week by a threat that makes 9/11 look insignificant in comparison. I don't see why you can't get away with it in the MCU as well. In fact, the MCU significantly improved on this by not only not having supervillain attacks be anywhere as frequent as they are in the comics but also by not putting all the superheroes in New York (if TASM is part of the MCU, then Spider-Man is currently the only superhero we have seen to operate in NY on a constant basis). So if it has always been that way and most people never had a problem with the Marvel universe being this way, then I don't see why it would be a problem now that we have a Marvel universe where stuff like these happening in New York make a lot more sense when they happen (due to them not happening as often and also due to there being way less superheroes in the city).

Second, Tony was affected not only because he was directly involved in the battle but also because he has witnessed things he would've never thought he would witness. Up until The Avengers, he was the guy who thought he had everything figured out and then he ran into Gods and aliens way more powerful than any of his tech. It was a wake-up call for him. Of course that we don't know exactly why he was so affected by the events from New York but that is the best explanation at the moment but assuming this is the case, Peter wouldn't have this problem with Electro. Electro will presumably be just a science accident gone wrong much like how Spider-Man is a science accident. It would be the equivalent of Tony fighting Iron Monger or Vanko, both which didn't affect him as much as the stuff in The Avengers did because he was fighting people a "world" he was very familiar with.

Third, just because Peter won't directly say "That alien attack shocked me" in the movie doesn't mean that he wasn't affected. Peter already has an inferiority complex when comparing himself to superheroes like the Avengers and there are many times when he doubts himself due to the danger of the threat and/or due to his failure to save others in the past so it would completely make sense why he would feel he wouldn't be able to save the city from a threat almost as big as the threat in The Avengers - because it took 6 professionals to save the city while Peter is just one man living in Queens. New York wouldn't have the Avengers this time due to each member being busy somewhere else and that would cause a lot of panic but then everyone is surprised when Spider-Man is the one that saves them all. That would also serve as the event that elevates Spider-Man within the superhero community.

Old 02-04-2013, 07:47 PM   #539
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

A way to connect things:
-R.H.I.N.O. is a suit from Tony Stark's tech.
-Kraven takes a super soldier serum that Captain America took.
-Mysterio is a wizard who comes from Asgard,where Thor is from.

GoldGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:58 PM   #540
Arachnid
The Spectacular Webhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldGoblin View Post
A way to connect things:
I'm not sure about this

1. The Spectacular Spider-Man (TV) 2. Batman: TAS (TV) 3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 4. Captain America: Civil War 5. Batman: Mask of Phantasm 6. Batman Begins 7. Logan 8. Spider-Man 2 9. The Dark Knight 10. Arrow (TV) 11. Spider-Man: HC
Arachnid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:59 PM   #541
DarkSovereignty
Ooga Chakka

Yeah same here...

To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.
Welcome to the hype, we hate fun #gategate #SeriousBusiness
H.E
DarkSovereignty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:16 PM   #542
ThePowerCosmic
"No."

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldGoblin View Post
A way to connect things:
You had me up until the last one. That one came out of left field. Random.

ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:21 PM   #543
ThePowerCosmic
"No."

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
If Fury turned up at the end of ASM2 in Peter's bedroom and said 'we've been watching you and it's time to join the big leagues' I honestly think I would cheer and I NEVER cheer at the movies.
I would LOVE that. I'd love it just as much, if not moreso, if Stark was the one who came to Peter instead of Fury. That way we could have a geekout moment for Peter who meets the great Tony Stark/Iron Man, and we get to hear Tony call him Parker, in his own Stark-y way. Clever banter between the two would be so awesome in that potential scene. So awesome!

ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:01 AM   #544
GRangerPrimeNYC
AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
First of all, the Marvel universe has always been that way in every medium. Almost all the superhumans live in New York and the city gets attacked almost every week by a threat that makes 9/11 look insignificant in comparison. I don't see why you can't get away with it in the MCU as well. In fact, the MCU significantly improved on this by not only not having supervillain attacks be anywhere as frequent as they are in the comics but also by not putting all the superheroes in New York (if TASM is part of the MCU, then Spider-Man is currently the only superhero we have seen to operate in NY on a constant basis). So if it has always been that way and most people never had a problem with the Marvel universe being this way, then I don't see why it would be a problem now that we have a Marvel universe where stuff like these happening in New York make a lot more sense when they happen (due to them not happening as often and also due to there being way less superheroes in the city).

Second, Tony was affected not only because he was directly involved in the battle but also because he has witnessed things he would've never thought he would witness. Up until The Avengers, he was the guy who thought he had everything figured out and then he ran into Gods and aliens way more powerful than any of his tech. It was a wake-up call for him. Of course that we don't know exactly why he was so affected by the events from New York but that is the best explanation at the moment but assuming this is the case, Peter wouldn't have this problem with Electro. Electro will presumably be just a science accident gone wrong much like how Spider-Man is a science accident. It would be the equivalent of Tony fighting Iron Monger or Vanko, both which didn't affect him as much as the stuff in The Avengers did because he was fighting people a "world" he was very familiar with.

Third, just because Peter won't directly say "That alien attack shocked me" in the movie doesn't mean that he wasn't affected. Peter already has an inferiority complex when comparing himself to superheroes like the Avengers and there are many times when he doubts himself due to the danger of the threat and/or due to his failure to save others in the past so it would completely make sense why he would feel he wouldn't be able to save the city from a threat almost as big as the threat in The Avengers - because it took 6 professionals to save the city while Peter is just one man living in Queens. New York wouldn't have the Avengers this time due to each member being busy somewhere else and that would cause a lot of panic but then everyone is surprised when Spider-Man is the one that saves them all. That would also serve as the event that elevates Spider-Man within the superhero community.
Good points

Old 02-05-2013, 01:28 AM   #545
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

Still, it will be silly if he just shows no signs of remembering the huge alien attack that just had happened... retconing that later would also be silly, just like "Oh yeah, that DID happen between the Lizard and Electro insidents, good times..."

Where was Spider-Man during this attack? Helping civillians & fight the aliens? If he was, he certainly was affected directly as well. And he didn't fight, why didn't he? There are certain things you can't just ignore because you assume that they were there. Even in MCU where the status quo is always restored easily, the battle of New York is treated like a really big event. New York and Peter wouldn't be the same. Not to mention that Peter now knows that aliens exist, this alone would affect the way Peter thinks and assesses things

I'm not saying that Peter should say it straight out loud like "There was an alien attack a year ago...", but acting completely like an alien attack didn't happen is silly. If we already knew for sure that Spider-Man was in the MCU it wouldn't be that bad, but we wont even know if the alien attack happened in this universe. The problem is that as long as this is just a Spidey universe it pretends like nothing happened, but when the big reveal comes it will be like "Oh, so it DID happen in this universe...", and that's why it's incredibly silly. I literally can't believe no one is on my side with this yet

Last edited by TheWallCrawler; 02-05-2013 at 01:38 AM.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:21 AM   #546
GRangerPrimeNYC
AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

Quote:
Still, it will be silly if he just shows no signs of remembering the huge alien attack that just had happened... retconing that later would also be silly, just like "Oh yeah, that DID happen between the Lizard and Electro insidents, good times..."

Where was Spider-Man during this attack? Helping civillians & fight the aliens? If he was, he certainly was affected directly as well. And he didn't fight, why didn't he? There are certain things you can't just ignore because you assume that they were there. Even in MCU where the status quo is always restored easily, the battle of New York is treated like a really big event. New York and Peter wouldn't be the same. Not to mention that Peter now knows that aliens exist, this alone would affect the way Peter thinks and assesses things

I'm not saying that Peter should say it straight out loud like "There was an alien attack a year ago...", but acting completely like an alien attack didn't happen is silly. If we already knew for sure that Spider-Man was in the MCU it wouldn't be that bad, but we wont even know if the alien attack happened in this universe. The problem is that as long as this is just a Spidey universe it pretends like nothing happened, but when the big reveal comes it will be like "Oh, so it DID happen in this universe...", and that's why it's incredibly silly. I literally can't believe no one is on my side with this yet
I'm actually on your side though

Old 02-05-2013, 02:42 AM   #547
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

haha thanks One more thing to add is that the Lizard insident for sure will be addressed or mentioned, and when that happens it will make the alien attack pretty demeaning

Last edited by TheWallCrawler; 02-05-2013 at 02:46 AM.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:15 AM   #548
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
Two points;

1. Sony will want to push the profile of their flagship character.

2. DC will have the icon Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman in the same movie and that movie comes out the same year.
Marvel has a character that is ingrained into pop culture like DC's big three and that character is Spider-Man. The Avengers would be stronger with Spidey than not. Adding Spidey to Avengers 2 is pretty much add 200m (at least!) to the box office.
DC's position is nowhere that strong,Batman would need to be rebooted,Green lantern totally sucked.We have yet to see how MOS will fare.They will need origin movies for Characters like Flash and Wonder women if they need to make a good JL movie.They have a lot to do

On the other hand,Marvel are on a free run,TA2 in a lock on billion.With everything set,they dont need an extra hand
Same for Spidey,TASM did well financially despite being mediocre,if they make a decent TASM2 it will be 900M easy

Spiderdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:20 AM   #549
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Where was Spider-Man during this attack? Helping civillians & fight the aliens? If he was, he certainly was affected directly as well. And he didn't fight, why didn't he?
Because he wasnt bitten yet..

Quote:
There are certain things you can't just ignore because you assume that they were there. Even in MCU where the status quo is always restored easily, the battle of New York is treated like a really big event. New York and Peter wouldn't be the same. Not to mention that Peter now knows that aliens exist, this alone would affect the way Peter thinks and assesses things
Not necessarily,he is still a street level fighter

Spiderdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:13 AM   #550
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

people think this way too simple mindedly

ok, if he wasn't bitten yet, that of course means that TASM is after The Avengers, just to be clear on my next point:

Peter sees a giant humanoid walking lizard on the bridge. Not one second does he consider that it's an alien even though he would obviously know that aliens aren't fiction

Like I said before, you can try all day and connect the details, but in the end it wont make sense and will have to be taken with a grain of salt