The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Game of Thrones

View Poll Results: Do you want to see Dany and Jon get together, hook up, marry, have a child, etc?
no 24 48.00%
yes 26 52.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2017, 04:53 AM   #376
Nathan_Koren
Mandalorian/Force Adept
 
Nathan_Koren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Mandalore
Posts: 436
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
Then Tyrion would've told Dany during the day and not at night around bedtime. Also Peter Dinklage said in an interview that Tyrion standing outside Dany's room suggests that the Jon/Dany union could spell trouble or along those lines.
Do you think he knows or suspects the truth about their relation to one another?

Nathan_Koren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 05:52 AM   #377
Voltron
Side-Kick
 
Voltron's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Universe
Posts: 1,932
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan_Koren View Post
Do you think he knows or suspects the truth about their relation to one another?
Kinda, someone said in these boards I forgot who that back in s1e1 Tyrion took an interest to Jon for some unknown reason, so perhaps he suspects.

On top of that if you can recall Tyrion & Varys' conversation about how Dany is leaning more to Jon's counsel than to Tyrion's after Tyrion's two military strategic fails, so finding out they're now sleeping together spells not good for Tyrion.

Voltron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 02:18 PM   #378
warhorse78
Side-Kick
 
warhorse78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 2,990
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
Kinda, someone said in these boards I forgot who that back in s1e1 Tyrion took an interest to Jon for some unknown reason, so perhaps he suspects.

On top of that if you can recall Tyrion & Varys' conversation about how Dany is leaning more to Jon's counsel than to Tyrion's after Tyrion's two military strategic fails, so finding out they're now sleeping together spells not good for Tyrion.
While I do think Tyrion is mostly a good and honest man, he's still human, and he has had lots of failures, betrayals and had to overcome a lot of prejudice. His father and sister hated him. His arrangements with getting Mercylla out of King's Landing to keep her safe back fired. He lost his beloved Shai to his father, his best friend, Bronn, turned on him for his more dashing brother, Jaime. He has been a constant failure on the battlefield, and now here comes the bastard to take away whatever grace he has left. Who knows, maybe Tyrion has been playing the game of thrones and was using Dani and her dragons as a pawn. A man can take only.so much ugliness and betrayal before he snaps.

warhorse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 02:26 PM   #379
The Big G
A Filthy Ningen
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,714
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

As Aemon said "Love is the death of Duty"

The last thing the realm needs is two love stuck 20 something monarchs doing stupid things that puts everyone at risk. Im sure if things were different and there was no army of the dead...Tyrion would be toasting to his expert matchmaking skills...but alas the fate of the world is at stake.

The Big G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 02:51 PM   #380
Nathan_Koren
Mandalorian/Force Adept
 
Nathan_Koren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Mandalore
Posts: 436
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
While I do think Tyrion is mostly a good and honest man, he's still human, and he has had lots of failures, betrayals and had to overcome a lot of prejudice. His father and sister hated him. His arrangements with getting Mercylla out of King's Landing to keep her safe back fired. He lost his beloved Shai to his father, his best friend, Bronn, turned on him for his more dashing brother, Jaime. He has been a constant failure on the battlefield, and now here comes the bastard to take away whatever grace he has left. Who knows, maybe Tyrion has been playing the game of thrones and was using Dani and her dragons as a pawn. A man can take only.so much ugliness and betrayal before he snaps.


Hmm interesting and well put together of a post. I like Tyrion. I always thought of him as the good kind of guy who has done some wrong and no matter how and what he tries to do to make up for his mistakes, he becomes a failure time and time again. I believe that he loved his sisters children and would never let them come to harm let alone do anything to them himself.

Well with Jeoffry...sure he thought his nephew was a pain in the ass lol...slapped him around a few times here and there but given how his nephew doesn't show enough respect to people in general and that he is so easily hated, at least his uncle tried his best to teach him some manners and put him in his place. In the end...it didn't work and matter much to Jeoffry since he felt like he could do whatever the hell he wanted and command others to do something that was inappropriate that he would find amusing. Out of Cersie's children, he loved his other nephew and niece the most.

Jamie i always liked the most out of the three surviving lanisters now. Im glad that he finally has come around and seeing exactly the kind of person his sister truly is. I was wondering what could have happen if he had been struck down right there and then. Tyrion knew the kind of person she really was for as long as he remembered and felt bc of the way Cersie and their father treated him. Again...she could have taken the chance to kill her bro while he was at that moment begging her to do it and get it done and over with. Yet...both times to the two bros...she didnt.

Man...its only a matter of time until she gets it cause either way, she is screwed. If theon manages to take out Euron and command his fleet in hopes of reuniting with Yara( if shes alive) and sails to Jon and Dany's aid, there goes Cersie's line of defense. Whatever happens, I am curious as to how she'll go out and i hope it pays off.

Nathan_Koren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 04:40 PM   #381
warhorse78
Side-Kick
 
warhorse78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 2,990
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

Now Im curious about one thing. How come Jon didnt let anyone know that Valeryen steel can take down the White Walkers?

warhorse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 04:48 PM   #382
Iceman
Infinity War!
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 104,172
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan_Koren View Post
Hmm interesting and well put together of a post. I like Tyrion. I always thought of him as the good kind of guy who has done some wrong and no matter how and what he tries to do to make up for his mistakes, he becomes a failure time and time again. I believe that he loved his sisters children and would never let them come to harm let alone do anything to them himself.

Well with Jeoffry...sure he thought his nephew was a pain in the ass lol...slapped him around a few times here and there but given how his nephew doesn't show enough respect to people in general and that he is so easily hated, at least his uncle tried his best to teach him some manners and put him in his place. In the end...it didn't work and matter much to Jeoffry since he felt like he could do whatever the hell he wanted and command others to do something that was inappropriate that he would find amusing. Out of Cersie's children, he loved his other nephew and niece the most.

Jamie i always liked the most out of the three surviving lanisters now. Im glad that he finally has come around and seeing exactly the kind of person his sister truly is. I was wondering what could have happen if he had been struck down right there and then. Tyrion knew the kind of person she really was for as long as he remembered and felt bc of the way Cersie and their father treated him. Again...she could have taken the chance to kill her bro while he was at that moment begging her to do it and get it done and over with. Yet...both times to the two bros...she didnt.

Man...its only a matter of time until she gets it cause either way, she is screwed. If theon manages to take out Euron and command his fleet in hopes of reuniting with Yara( if shes alive) and sails to Jon and Dany's aid, there goes Cersie's line of defense. Whatever happens, I am curious as to how she'll go out and i hope it pays off.
Funny how they are both heroic characters now given what we saw of the Lannisters at the beginning. Really it wasn't a whole family of evil megalomaniacs, just Tywin, Cersei and Joffrey. Tyrion was probably never all that bad, Jaime definitely was bad (but not in terms of being the KingSlayer) and has spent most of the rest of the show redeeming himself, while Tommen and Myrcella were probably 2 of the nicest kids in the place.

And given how late this Theon stuff is coming maybe he'll somehow defeat Euron (no way in straight, fair combat) and take charge of the remaining Greyjoy fleet (with or without Yara) and Golden Company like you say and go on to reinforce the others.

__________________
Xbox GT: BAHAMUT ZERO X 145,527 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 07:04 PM   #383
The Big G
A Filthy Ningen
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,714
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Now Im curious about one thing. How come Jon didnt let anyone know that Valeryen steel can take down the White Walkers?
Because Valriyan steel is uber rare?

Like the only known VS blades (in the show right now) are Longclaw, Oathkeeper, Widow's Wail, the dagger and Heartsbane.

So its not that feasible.

The Big G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 11:04 PM   #384
warhorse78
Side-Kick
 
warhorse78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 2,990
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
Because Valriyan steel is uber rare?

Like the only known VS blades (in the show right now) are Longclaw, Oathkeeper, Widow's Wail, the dagger and Heartsbane.

So its not that feasible.
Perhaps. But I wont be surprised in the end, Cersei makes some deal with the Night King to finish Jon once and for all in case he is the true prophecy everyone has been told about, and she strips him of any fire or dragon glass and throws him into some pit with a white walker and Jon gets the upper handwhen he used Lomgclaw to defeat the White Walker. So far, I think he and Sam are the only onees who know.

warhorse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 09:03 PM   #385
Voltron
Side-Kick
 
Voltron's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Universe
Posts: 1,932
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
While I do think Tyrion is mostly a good and honest man, he's still human, and he has had lots of failures, betrayals and had to overcome a lot of prejudice. His father and sister hated him. His arrangements with getting Mercylla out of King's Landing to keep her safe back fired. He lost his beloved Shai to his father, his best friend, Bronn, turned on him for his more dashing brother, Jaime. He has been a constant failure on the battlefield, and now here comes the bastard to take away whatever grace he has left. Who knows, maybe Tyrion has been playing the game of thrones and was using Dani and her dragons as a pawn. A man can take only.so much ugliness and betrayal before he snaps.
Cersei played a hand in the deaths of all her children. Yes, maybe Tyrion who's suppose to be super smart and intelligent is playing everyone.

Voltron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 01:27 PM   #386
Shoguncrosse
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 10
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

Well, weve seen them get together, weve seen the penultimate meeting - Now what? I know I know! Or least I think I know if anyone is interested (like, 95% sure of this anyhow)

Shoguncrosse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 07:01 AM   #387
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the dope spot
Posts: 12,720
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoguncrosse View Post
Well, weve seen them get together, weve seen the penultimate meeting - Now what? I know I know! Or least I think I know if anyone is interested (like, 95% sure of this anyhow)
now, she gets pregnant and gives birth to the REAL azor ahai.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
"some guy" sounds like an idiot
Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 12:07 PM   #388
The Big G
A Filthy Ningen
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,714
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

Watchers on the Wall did an interesting piece on Jon and Dany and how both are borne from villainous archetypes and yet are the heroes.

With Dany they talk about how more often than not queens with magic and sexuality were often evil ala your Morgan le Fey's

And with Jon despite what clearly is the classic hero story, his status as a bastard and his dark and brooding nature draws some parallels with Loki

It was an interesting read.

The Big G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 09:22 AM   #389
TheFuture
Rising
 
TheFuture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Dublin
Posts: 7,351
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

Would have never have thought of Jon as a Loki. The former is earnest and thoughtful, while the latter is mischievous and bitter. Almost polar opposites really.

I always saw Jon's story as that of the classic reluctant hero, where the curve gets cut off is that Jon is unlikely to have the ending of the classic hero.

The Dany comparison I can understand as most of the time in these type of arcs like her own, the person is shaped by the bitterness of their circumstances. Dany has certainly booked that trend.

__________________
Stop this madness at once in the name of your King /angryface
TheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 10:46 AM   #390
Iceman
Infinity War!
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 104,172
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

The background is similar then. I think that's the parallel he's talking about, and how they deal with those circumstances differently.

__________________
Xbox GT: BAHAMUT ZERO X 145,527 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 10:54 AM   #391
TheFuture
Rising
 
TheFuture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Dublin
Posts: 7,351
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

Touchè. That is true.

__________________
Stop this madness at once in the name of your King /angryface
TheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 12:00 PM   #392
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the dope spot
Posts: 12,720
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

I still don't understand what reason Tyrion had to be upset for Jon and Dany hooking up. She made her break up with Daario so that she could marry someone better, more suitable, someone she could rule with. Jon could very obviously be that person, and the fact that they're hitting it off, shouldn't that be a good thing in Tyrion's eyes? The next logical thing for him to do would be to bring a marriage proposal up.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
"some guy" sounds like an idiot
Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 01:05 PM   #393
TheFuture
Rising
 
TheFuture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Dublin
Posts: 7,351
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post
I still don't understand what reason Tyrion had to be upset for Jon and Dany hooking up. She made her break up with Daario so that she could marry someone better, more suitable, someone she could rule with. Jon could very obviously be that person, and the fact that they're hitting it off, shouldn't that be a good thing in Tyrion's eyes? The next logical thing for him to do would be to bring a marriage proposal up.
It's an issue in terms of uniting the realm which is what Tyrion wants.

__________________
Stop this madness at once in the name of your King /angryface
TheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 01:10 PM   #394
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the dope spot
Posts: 12,720
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture View Post
It's an issue in terms of uniting the realm which is what Tyrion wants.
Jon was King in the North, the North is the biggest kingdom it's so big that it doesn't even have its own name and if Jon and Dany are united to the fullest, should that not make it easier to unite the realm...?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
"some guy" sounds like an idiot
Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 02:20 AM   #395
Marvolo
Side-Kick
 
Marvolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 35,242
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post
I still don't understand what reason Tyrion had to be upset for Jon and Dany hooking up. She made her break up with Daario so that she could marry someone better, more suitable, someone she could rule with. Jon could very obviously be that person, and the fact that they're hitting it off, shouldn't that be a good thing in Tyrion's eyes? The next logical thing for him to do would be to bring a marriage proposal up.
I don't think Tyrion is upset about the idea of Jon and Dany being together. Tyrion seems to accept that a political marriage is necessary. And he knows Jon and Dany like each other.

But Westeros is in a very precarious position. Dany can't really afford to be distracted by love atm. Neither can Jon. And Dany needs the North and Jon needs Dany and her dragons. If their amorous relationship falls apart it could destroy their alliance and doom Westeros. If this was purely a pragmatic relationship it'd be fine, but its no longer that. Now their alliance is complicated by emotions and desire and passion.

In short, now isn't the time for love.

__________________
"When the snows fall, when the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives."

The Most Astounding Fact (Neil deGrasse Tyson, HD):
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Marvolo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 09:08 AM   #396
Zarex
Side-Kick
 
Zarex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 5,983
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

I do think there's a bit of jealousy on Tyrion's part. He hinted that he was in love with Dany when he was named Hand of the Queen and I think there's at least some part of him that was hoping that she would find him to be a suitable partner.

Zarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 01:12 PM   #397
The Big G
A Filthy Ningen
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,714
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
I don't think Tyrion is upset about the idea of Jon and Dany being together. Tyrion seems to accept that a political marriage is necessary. And he knows Jon and Dany like each other.

But Westeros is in a very precarious position. Dany can't really afford to be distracted by love atm. Neither can Jon. And Dany needs the North and Jon needs Dany and her dragons. If their amorous relationship falls apart it could destroy their alliance and doom Westeros. If this was purely a pragmatic relationship it'd be fine, but its no longer that. Now their alliance is complicated by emotions and desire and passion.

In short, now isn't the time for love.
Exactly.

Love ****s you over in GoT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
I do think there's a bit of jealousy on Tyrion's part. He hinted that he was in love with Dany when he was named Hand of the Queen and I think there's at least some part of him that was hoping that she would find him to be a suitable partner.
I think Tyrion loves Dany...but he isn't in love with her ala Jon or Jorah.

The Big G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 06:37 AM   #398
richardmonsen01
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 2
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

Is there a league table of levels of incest out there?

richardmonsen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.