The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 07-29-2009, 01:07 PM   #1
Golgo-13
Bangers & Mash

Th Cool Hbo's CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM: SEASON 8

Coming in September, 2009.

Can't wait!

Every morning a Lion wakes up, it knows it must outrun the slowest Gazelle, or it will starve to death.

It doesn't matter whether you're a LION or a GAZELLE when the sun comes up, you better be RUNNING!
Golgo-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:19 PM   #2
Matt
IKYN Guy Groupie

Default Re: Hbo's CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM: SEASON 7

The previews look great. I'm glad that the Blacks are coming back.

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 04:27 PM   #3
Golgo-13
Bangers & Mash

I hadn't heard about the Blacks. That IS great news.

Every morning a Lion wakes up, it knows it must outrun the slowest Gazelle, or it will starve to death.

It doesn't matter whether you're a LION or a GAZELLE when the sun comes up, you better be RUNNING!
Old 07-29-2009, 10:12 PM   #4
Matt
IKYN Guy Groupie

Vivica A. Fox was confirmed to be returning a few months ago. I saw Auntie Rae in a preview during the repeat of Entourage on Monday. If Auntie Rae is coming back, I can only assume and hope that Leon is as well cause Leon is hillarious.

Old 07-30-2009, 01:39 PM   #5
WompuM
Esquire

I need to start getting HBO.

WompuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 01:41 PM   #6
Wesley Dodds
He Who Lurks...

The Blacks HAVE to come back, though.
Don't you remember series 6 finale?

Wesley Dodds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 07:05 PM   #7
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Vivica A. Fox was confirmed to be returning a few months ago. I saw Auntie Rae in a preview during the repeat of Entourage on Monday. If Auntie Rae is coming back, I can only assume and hope that Leon is as well cause Leon is hillarious.
Leon is one of the greatest television characters ever created.

Spidey-Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:00 PM   #8
Golgo-13
Bangers & Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Dodds View Post
The Blacks HAVE to come back, though.
Don't you remember series 6 finale?
Not really. We have no idea how much time could have past between seasons in the show-verse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey-Bat View Post
I love the scene where he and Larry switched phones, and Phelps(?) called Larry's phone thinking he was talking to Larry and Leon kept saying "Barack Obama" and "I hit, then i quit it" etc, etc....lol!

Isn't the actress that plays Cheryl on another show? I hope she doesn't come back, or at least has a minimal role this season. Some of the greatest Larry moments last season were when Larry was single; Lucy Lawless anyone? Anyway, Larry on the singles dating scene could really be great if that's the angle this season is gonna go.

Last edited by Golgo-13; 07-30-2009 at 09:05 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:08 PM   #9
Matt
IKYN Guy Groupie

She is confirmed. But so is Vivica. My guess is she will continue to play Larry's ex which is fine by me as it has led to very funny scenarios (the psychiatrist, for example, And the friends taking sides).

Old 07-30-2009, 09:40 PM   #10
Sawyer
High King

This show is the sole reason I would ever want HBO. DVD/online for me.

@HIGHzurrer

If your first TV love was Buffy, this season of The Magicians is the adult who looks like that first crush but is into your kink.
*sees someone trolling DCEU fans* *prepares to say something* *sees Snyder stans somehow being even more obnoxious than the trolls* *sighs*

*rinse and repeat*
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:38 PM   #11
NewYorkSpider
Norm!

Seinfeld cast to reunite on Curb Your Enthusiasm

NewYorkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 04:44 PM   #12
Golgo-13
Bangers & Mash

Wow, all 4 members of the cast will be on Curb. I'm most interested in seeing Michael Richards myself. I hope they make fun of his racial stand up routine meltdown he's now infamous for!

Old 07-31-2009, 04:47 PM   #13
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Here's a more detailed article

http://tv.yahoo.com/seinfeld/show/20...crets-20090731

Quote:
It's been months since the news broke that the cast of Seinfeld was reuniting on Curb Your Enthusiasm. However, no plot details were released until executive producer and star Larry David sat down with reporters at the Television Critics Association summer press tour earlier Thursday.

Finally we know how Jerry Seinfeld, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Jason Alexander and Michael Richards reunite for the first time in over 11 years. It's basically a show within a show, where the cast is actually doing a reunion episode in the Curb universe.

We'll let Larry explain...

"The context is that for years I've been asked about a Seinfeld reunion," he says. "I would always say, 'No. There's not going to be a reunion show. We would never do that. It's a lame idea.' And then I thought it might be very funny to do that on Curb. I kept thinking about it. I started to think of different scenarios and how we can pull this off. I called Jerry and Jerry was game. I said, 'Well, I'll call the others.' And I did and we did it. So we're doing a Seinfeld reunion show on Curb."

What exactly will we see during the creation of a faux reunion special? "We're going to see writing. We'll see aspects of the read-through, parts of rehearsals. You'll see the show being filmed and you'll see it on TV. You won't see the entire show. You'll see parts of the show. You'll get an an idea of what happened 11 years later. It will be incorporated into regular Curb episodes, so the castmembers will be playing themselves on Curb while all of this is going on."

Though it seems this could take up the entire season, he explains, "The reunion is scattered through the season and I think the cast will be on five shows. All four won't be on all five shows. Jerry is on five shows; the others will be on at least four. The season finale will be about the reunion show. It could very well be [a one-hour episode], but I haven't finished editing it yet. But that's a good possibility."

When asked why he finally caved, he says, "That will be answered in one of the episodes. That's a big thing because I would never do that. So there's a compelling reason as to why I decided to do it."

There's a lot of story to be told, but Larry says he found it quite easy to jump back to the Seinfeld state of mind. "It was surprisingly smooth," he says. "Coming up with the right ideas for what's happened in the 11 years, that took some thought. Three of the guys working on my show as executive producers were also producers on Seinfeld. I think we came up with some interesting stuff." Don't assume all is hunky-dory though, Larry says "it's possible" there will be a mention of Richards sordid past.

So will the character Larry ruin the reunion of the Seinfeld cast? He adds, with an evil laugh, "He might. My guy might consider wrecking something like that. We'll see what happens. My guy could very well wreck it. I'm not saying he did. I don't know."

Will the reunion be any good? "Yeah, you mean as opposed to the finale?" jokes Larry. "It's good. I think the reunion is pretty good."

Spidey-Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:31 PM   #14
Sawyer
High King

Anyone here make avvys?

1:36-1:39 of them doing the big vagina sign to eachother, if its not too much trouble. I posted a request on the avatar request thread, but it takes forever for stuff to get done there.

@HIGHzurrer

If your first TV love was Buffy, this season of The Magicians is the adult who looks like that first crush but is into your kink.
*sees someone trolling DCEU fans* *prepares to say something* *sees Snyder stans somehow being even more obnoxious than the trolls* *sighs*

*rinse and repeat*
Old 08-02-2009, 11:15 AM   #15
Matt
IKYN Guy Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgo-13 View Post
Wow, all 4 members of the cast will be on Curb. I'm most interested in seeing Michael Richards myself. I hope they make fun of his racial stand up routine meltdown he's now infamous for!
Leon or Wanda interacting with Michael Richards is bound to be comedic gold.

Old 08-02-2009, 11:16 AM   #16
Matt
IKYN Guy Groupie

Quote:
This sounds absolutely amazing. I hope they incorporate Wayne Knight. A Seinfeld reunion wouldn't be complete without Newman. They have to have him on one episode.

Old 08-03-2009, 02:09 AM   #17
Sawyer
High King

It's like Larry says what I think.

@HIGHzurrer

*rinse and repeat*
Old 08-03-2009, 07:23 AM   #18
Golgo-13
Bangers & Mash

I think that's the whole point of the show, Larry saids out loud what a lot of ppl are too afraid to say. That's what gets him in trouble.

Old 08-03-2009, 01:39 PM   #19
Sawyer
High King

Quote:
I think that's the whole point of the show, Larry saids out loud what a lot of ppl are too afraid to say. That's what gets him in trouble.
And it's hilarious. This time I definitely agree with him, though. ***** should've gotten a damn sponge.

@HIGHzurrer

*rinse and repeat*
Old 08-03-2009, 03:44 PM   #20
Heisenberg
I Am The Danger

Curb Your Enthusiasm is one of my favorite shows ever, I can't wait for it's return. Larry David just, I'm not sure how to describe it, but manages to make me laugh in any situation. Few comedians or performers do that for me. Looking forward to the new season.

Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 03:47 PM   #21
patrickbateman
Side-Kick

Quote:

"Only ignoramuses spend their time posting on message boards." (My Mom)
patrickbateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 05:52 PM   #22
Maximus One
Eklypze Is Dead

Just started watching this show on OnDemand like 2 nites ago and am allready on like S2 ep6. OMG this show is hilarious. Am I wrong in my assumption that alot of it is improv? Thought I heard that somewhere and it really seems like it. I love all the Seinfeld stuff to only thing is sometimes the show seems very very Seinfeld-espue. I just love the absolutely stupid ass situations Larry gets himself into though. Though last nite while I was watching I was just thinking "Dude you needa get slapped! You know your wife is tryna get some ass! Why you ****ing it up?!?!" Kept wanting to smack him

"Police are under the bridge demanding that I at least turn back into Rick Moranis"

- Rob Sonic
Maximus One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:45 PM   #23
Maximus One
Eklypze Is Dead

Im really dissapointed to hear about Cheryl and Larry seperating or whatever. I like Cheryl shes so damn hot to me for some reason. That ep with the blowjob in the car bet lol right at the end when he was about to get his winnings I was like "Damn I wish I was a middleaged bald Jew"

"Police are under the bridge demanding that I at least turn back into Rick Moranis"

- Rob Sonic
Maximus One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 02:02 AM   #24
Sawyer
High King

Quote:
"Long balls... change your drawers."

@HIGHzurrer

*rinse and repeat*
Old 08-08-2009, 06:24 AM   #25
StrainedEyes
All the way up it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklypze View Post
Just started watching this show on OnDemand like 2 nites ago and am allready on like S2 ep6. OMG this show is hilarious. Am I wrong in my assumption that alot of it is improv? Thought I heard that somewhere and it really seems like it. I love all the Seinfeld stuff to only thing is sometimes the show seems very very Seinfeld-espue. I just love the absolutely stupid ass situations Larry gets himself into though. Though last nite while I was watching I was just thinking "Dude you needa get slapped! You know your wife is tryna get some ass! Why you ****ing it up?!?!" Kept wanting to smack him
They have like a few sentences describing what needs to be said/what needs to happen during the scene to move the plot forward, but aside from that it's all improv.