The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 06:56 PM   #51
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I haven't seen ASM2, but some of the things Hypesters and reviews are saying about it are the exact things I worry about BvsS falling victim to.

Old 05-02-2014, 06:57 PM   #52
Llama_Shepherd
Banned User

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I really liked Spider-Man, but I'd have to agree. It seemed like it was in the cusp of greatness but with little faults in a lot of areas.

However, at least Batman should be easy to implement here, Diana too. Justice League might be a bit trickier.

Old 05-02-2014, 07:00 PM   #53
TheScarecrow
Side-Kick

ASM2 was easily my favourite Spidey movie.

Who cares about what critics say?

Old 05-02-2014, 07:02 PM   #54
Llama_Shepherd
Banned User

People need other people to like what they like. Especially around here.

Old 05-02-2014, 07:07 PM   #55
MrsKent26
Whatever.

I've never even seen it. I was talking about my worries for BvsS, not "other people have to like what I like."

Old 05-02-2014, 07:07 PM   #56
shauner111
Side-Kick

Im expecting great visuals from batman vs superman. The fights, the suits, will all look great. Even though ASM 2 felt like a movie geared towards 10 year old children in that Shumacher tone, Snyder does have a better list of supporting characters to play around with.

Definitely some great visuals on the way. Im only dreading the acting from Affleck, Gadot and Eisenberg (not the acting for him but his annoying voice/mannerisms). As well as a lackluster story (like MOS) + Zimmer possibly regurgitating past Batman themes without even realizing.

Now that i think about it...that's a lot to dread.

Old 05-02-2014, 07:07 PM   #57
TheScarecrow
Side-Kick

I honestly feel like the negative reaction among fans to MoS was caused by the RT score...

Old 05-02-2014, 07:29 PM   #58
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

I say this not in the negative way, but objectively: Goyer is no stranger to controversy. Outside of MoS, he co-wrote the controversial ending to TDKR and the even more controversial Superman story where he renounced his US citizenship.

Old 05-02-2014, 07:32 PM   #59
Llama_Shepherd
Banned User

I don't think we can be sure of how much Goyer contributed to TDKR, we know Jonah had more input in it (he added the Pit, for instance).

Old 05-02-2014, 07:34 PM   #60
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
I don't think we can be sure of how much Goyer contributed to TDKR, we know Jonah had more input in it (he added the Pit, for instance).
Yeah, you're probably right; I only brought it cos I remembered an interview where Nolan that he and Goyer had an endpoint for the character, when they worked on BB.

Old 05-02-2014, 07:35 PM   #61
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

*indicated

Old 05-02-2014, 07:39 PM   #62
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScarecrow View Post
I honestly feel like the negative reaction among fans to MoS was caused by the RT score...
This. If the RT score had been 85+ everyone would be praising it.

Best CBMs
1. Batman Begins 2. Man of Steel 3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 4. The Dark Knight 5. Avengers
Old 05-02-2014, 08:15 PM   #63
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

It might just be that rotten tomatoes score correlates strongly though nit perfectly with movie quality ...

The highest ranking CBMs on rt are dark knight, spider man 2, iron man, avengers, spider man, cap 2, dark knight rises, first class, hellboy 2 ... not necessarily tge best ones but close to it.

The lowest ranking CBMs are catwoman and elektra and the spirit. Same difference.

ASM2 is a weak movie with a lot of problems. MoS also had a lot if problems. Both regular people and critics often disliked the movies, getovover it.

Old 05-02-2014, 08:18 PM   #64
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

I'm not a fan of the Hellboy films. How are the scores on them?

Old 05-02-2014, 08:21 PM   #65
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
I'm not a fan of the Hellboy films. How are the scores on them?
81% and 87%.

They are also in a very small minority of CBMs to have a higher score among top critics than among regular critics: 83% and 91%. Most CBMs are 10 or more points lower among top critics.

Old 05-02-2014, 08:26 PM   #66
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVITIKUZ View Post
I can't believe TASM2 is getting worse reviews than MOS. I never saw that coming.
Why? It's an inferior movie, which was easy to predict from the previews.

There is nothing in MoS as awful as the rhino.

Old 05-02-2014, 08:27 PM   #67
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
It's total Shumacher. Only thing stopping it is the chemistry of the real-life couple that is Garfield and Stone. And some things that happen between them towards the end of the movie. Everything else is Shumacher. No exaggeration. Not Batman & Robin level, but certainly Batman Forever.
Absolute argument on all fronts.

Old 05-02-2014, 08:31 PM   #68
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post

Rhino was a joke almost makes me not to want see him in the Sinister Six film.

Quote:
81% and 87%.

They are also in a very small minority of CBMs to have a higher score among top critics than among regular critics: 83% and 91%. Most CBMs are 10 or more points lower among top critics.

Thanks man pretty surprised by them scores.

Old 05-02-2014, 08:36 PM   #69
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

I 'd argue the Rhino is one of those villains that is damn near impossible to translate successfully to the silver screen. As for MoS, I had a revelation today regarding the Zod scenario. All I will say is I am done venting on the decision; it had become my Moby Dick. I understand why they did it. For me, it would have been perfect if they had a scene showing him reflecting on it afterwards, to amplify the tragedy...instead of the "he 's hot" scene...as it exists, the scene is fine, as well as Supes standing off with the military. So, I'm done chasing that particular whale.

Old 05-02-2014, 08:36 PM   #70
-Arya-
Brightest Day

I saw the previews for ASM2; looked ridiculous to me.

Old 05-02-2014, 09:15 PM   #71
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
I 'd argue the Rhino is one of those villains that is damn near impossible to translate successfully to the silver screen. As for MoS, I had a revelation today regarding the Zod scenario. All I will say is I am done venting on the decision; it had become my Moby Dick. I understand why they did it. For me, it would have been perfect if they had a scene showing him reflecting on it afterwards, to amplify the tragedy...instead of the "he 's hot" scene...as it exists, the scene is fine, as well as Supes standing off with the military. So, I'm done chasing that particular whale.
They did have such a scene, we saw superman cry out in agony.

It's the first time we saw a superhero feel bad about killing in a major CBM.

Old 05-02-2014, 09:16 PM   #72
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:

I liked first amazing spider-man but agree the second one is inferior film.

It's batman forever of spider-man films.

Old 05-02-2014, 09:21 PM   #73
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Quote:
They did have such a scene, we saw superman cry out in agony.

It's the first time we saw a superhero feel bad about killing in a major CBM.
I had forgotten that. My bad.

Old 05-02-2014, 09:29 PM   #74
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
I liked first amazing spider-man but agree the second one is inferior film.

It's batman forever of spider-man films.
I predict that the quality of Supes vs Bats will inform the quality of the JL movie. I think that if it's good, JL will be better. And if it's bad, you know

Old 05-02-2014, 09:40 PM   #75
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
I predict that the quality of Supes vs Bats will inform the quality of the JL movie. I think that if it's good, JL will be better. And if it's bad, you know
Good thing Snyder keeps improving as a director. He clearly learns from his mistakes and takes constructive criticism well. I think he'll knock it out of the park with both BvS and JL.

Best CBMs
1. Batman Begins 2. Man of Steel 3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 4. The Dark Knight 5. Avengers
Closed Thread