The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 04-27-2017, 09:24 AM   #101
THUNDERSTRIKE
MAKIN' A MONKEY OUTTA YOU

Default Re: Designated Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post
Who the heck is Whitaker (the leak)? Are we supposed to know him because I can't remember him at all?

I died laughing at the lame Ford Focus product placement. I thought at first the remote start was relevant to the plot but nope... just a stupid product placement.

Someone like Lloyd is scary... I like it.

yeah, the HUGE reveal of the mole turned out to be pretty underwhelming...

and the upcoming episodes focusing on Lloyd and his grab for power look kind of terrifying, actually... especially when there seems to be a lot of people supporting him...

THUNDERSTRIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 11:16 AM   #102
Kaleb
Devil of Hells Kitchen

that product placement was so off putting.

Old 04-27-2017, 11:17 AM   #103
Kaleb
Devil of Hells Kitchen

Old 04-27-2017, 01:29 PM   #104
kvz5
HBIC
SHH! Global Moderator

Forgot to mention that I like how Hookstraten is getting her own plot now. Honestly, I thought at first that she leaked it herself so it rushes Tom to announce her as the VP to help her out. I'm loving this alliance of her's with Tom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERSTRIKE View Post
yeah, the HUGE reveal of the mole turned out to be pretty underwhelming...

and the upcoming episodes focusing on Lloyd and his grab for power look kind of terrifying, actually... especially when there seems to be a lot of people supporting him...
And like what Hannah's CIA friend, he has the unlimited resources to back it up. Totally a worthy opponent for Kirkman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleb View Post
that product placement was so off putting.
Quote:
I legit thought Hannah was cloning Lloy'ds GPS or something when that scene came on. SMH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRandomUser View Post
Im guessing Kirkmans wife is gonna end up related to one of the people involved in the plotting & be aware of it / in on it so maybe thats why the reveal was underwhelming its not who but whos related to everything
She has to. I mean, that line about her mom being Russian has to mean something sometime. Unless it's a red herring but I somehow doubt it...

kvz5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 07:26 PM   #105
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

I see I'm not the only one that noticed the corny product placement, I was going to say that it was the product placement police that came for Hannah at the end for such a gratuitously obvious plug.

Quote:
Forgot to mention that I like how Hookstraten is getting her own plot now. Honestly, I thought at first that she leaked it herself so it rushes Tom to announce her as the VP to help her out. I'm loving this alliance of her's with Tom.
Yeah, I like how her character has evolved, I said a while back that I didn't think she was corrupt, just hungry for power and felt she could do a better job, but it seems Tom has won her trust and now she's eased up and is helping him. I actually thought Emily might have leaked the Turkish stuff as she was very much against Kirkman making her VP.

Quote:
I legit thought Hannah was cloning Lloy'ds GPS or something when that scene came on. SMH.
That was my first thought as well, it was such a long pause I was waiting for something to happen, then the Ford logo came up front and center lol.

Quote:
Who the heck is Whitaker (the leak)? Are we supposed to know him because I can't remember him at all?
I'm glad I'm not the only one that didn't recognize him, I'm guessing he's a surrogate for someone more key to the story.

Quote:
Someone like Lloyd is scary... I like it.
Agreed, he's a perfect villain for the times and I thought his first appearence set him up nicely, he came off with a quiet menace.

Old 04-30-2017, 08:16 PM   #106
Kaleb
Devil of Hells Kitchen

The guy who plays Nestor Lozano looks like a poor mans David Boreanaz.

Old 04-30-2017, 08:29 PM   #107
Kaleb
Devil of Hells Kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one that didn't recognize him, I'm guessing he's a surrogate for someone more key to the story.
I think its cause we last saw him in episode 5/6 (?) If I recall Tom made him the top security adviser after he fired the general.

Old 04-30-2017, 08:38 PM   #108
Matt
IKYN Guy Groupie

My response to the mole:

"Who?"

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 07:08 PM   #109
Kaleb
Devil of Hells Kitchen

Old 05-02-2017, 10:39 PM   #110
THUNDERSTRIKE

Quote:
The guy who plays Nestor Lozano looks like a poor mans David Boreanaz.
he DOES look like a younger Boreanaz.. I noticed that when Hannah was looking at him thru the scope when he disembarked from the copter...

Old 05-04-2017, 01:26 AM   #111
kvz5
HBIC
SHH! Global Moderator

I guess that's it for Jason? No way they'd let him live.

Old 05-10-2017, 11:44 PM   #112
Kaleb
Devil of Hells Kitchen

So Jason was a waste of a character, cant believe they actually killed him off (also how is it that Nestor was able to kill Jason and be on the ship at the same time )

Old 05-11-2017, 04:14 AM   #113
BatLand
Side-Kick

Quote:
So Jason was a waste of a character, cant believe they actually killed him off (also how is it that Nestor was able to kill Jason and be on the ship at the same time )
I don't think he ever was on the ship? He stared at Hannah when they put her in the container but I don't think the container was on the ship at that time.

BatLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 08:07 PM   #114
Kaleb
Devil of Hells Kitchen

Renewed for Season 2

ABC has renewed the Kiefer Sutherland-led political thriller for a second season, TVLine has confirmed. The series’ pickup was set in motion last week with the hiring of Keith Eisner (The Good Wife) as Showrunner No. 4 (following the exits of Amy B. Harris, Jon Harmon Feldman and Jeff Melvoin).

Old 05-11-2017, 09:32 PM   #115
THUNDERSTRIKE

that works for me...

Old 05-11-2017, 10:22 PM   #116
Kaleb
Devil of Hells Kitchen

I hope they can find some stability with the show runners next season.

Old 05-12-2017, 12:24 PM   #117
kvz5
HBIC
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
@StephenKing
I wish Tom Kirkman was president. :-(
http://twitter.com/StephenKing/statu...65529459912704

Old 05-12-2017, 01:59 PM   #118
carrrnuttt
Side-Kick

This is a running theme in my head, whenever I watch this show.

The biggest cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid people are so sure about things and the intelligent folks are so full of doubts.
-- Bertrand Russell

Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.
-- Denis Diderot
carrrnuttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 02:27 PM   #119
Kaleb
Devil of Hells Kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrrnuttt View Post
This is a running theme in my head, whenever I watch this show.
I wish he was your President as well

Old 05-13-2017, 11:19 PM   #120
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

It's been a rough couple of eps for Hannah, the way the ep before last ended reminded me of the ending to season 5 of 24. The promo for the season finale (why only 21 eps?) kinda gives a bit away about her predicament.

I really like the relationship between Tom and former President Moss, I thought for sure he'd be shady and screw Tom due to the actor lol, but it's actually been a more refreshing dynamic.

Poor Seth on Air Force One!

Old 05-24-2017, 06:56 PM   #121
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Finally watched the finale. They caught the mole but Lloyd escaped, and now all the nation's security defences are at his mercy.

I am slightly disappointed Reed Diamond didn't turn out to be a villain. This must be the most good he's ever done for others.

I'm glad it wrapped up some plotlines though and didn't leave too much hanging, but left enough for next season. I didn't want it to end on a cliffhanger as if it were simply an episode in the middle of the season.

It's a shame Hookstraten didn't become VP and Kirkman's daughter didn't get to see a female in that position. Now that Hookstraten is simply secretary of education, she might not have that big of a role anymore unless the plot requires it. I wonder who they will get for VP next season.

BTW, Italia Ricci is very pretty.

Old 05-24-2017, 07:18 PM   #122
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Good finale, loved Hannah's resourcefulness in sorting out the bomb situation, and then in the field leading the team before whooping Lozano, she's been great across the season.

Kiefer absolutely nailed Kirkman's big speech, great scene! I also loved the scenes with Tom and Moss and Tom and Aaron, glad he's back on the team and hopefully both will be in season 2 along with Emily and Seth.

I thought it was everything you want from a season finale, several big wins for the heroes that wrapped up pieces of the storyline, but opening up a new avenue for next season with Lloyd escaping with that classified defense info.

Old 05-24-2017, 07:19 PM   #123
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

http://www.christianpost.com/news/de...-house-184519/

Quote:
This development does not only set the stage for the second season's potential main antagonist, but it also brings to light the fact that there really is more to the conspiracy than what meets the eye. What were Whitaker, Lloyd and Lozano really planning to do? Were they at the topmost part of the villainous tier or had they merely been acting on orders from a more powerful source?

Aside from the brewing conspiracy, President Kirkman will also have to struggle through and eventually rise above more challenges and oppositions to his presidency. According to TV Line, during ABC's Upfronts presentation last week, Sutherland shared that season 2 will see the addition of "no less than three principal characters" to help further flesh out the complexities of running the White House.

The second season will also be featuring more of the personal lives of the main characters and may even show "a midseason event that I believe will knock the socks off our audience."

"Designated Survivor" will be holding out the same Wednesday time slot of 10 p.m. ET when it returns later this year. Channing Dungey, president of ABC Entertainment Group, shared in a statement about ABC's 2017–2018 programming that she's been "incredibly proud" of the series' storytelling.

Old 05-24-2017, 07:24 PM   #124
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Apparently they will be adding no less than 3 new cast members next season, and they will have a mid season event that "will knock your socks off". Whatever could that be? Blowing something up again?

I was glad that they did start to focus on other plots during the season than just terrorism: eg the gun control or arts plots, which are just part of the every day presidency. I think this show still needs that to give it a bit of a breather and not simply be a tense thriller each week.

I hope it has a couple more episodes next season. Why was it only 21? I thought it was initially for 22 episodes. What happened to the last one? Did they cut it down to 21?

Old 05-24-2017, 07:25 PM   #125
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
I guess that's it for Jason? No way they'd let him live.
My youngest sister said that was like the second or third show that this has happened to the actor playing this character. Since the show alpha's was canceled.

zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote