The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 12-14-2017, 05:50 AM   #151
Matt
IKYN Guy Groupie

Default Re: Designated Survivor

Being Keifer Sutherland’s TV wife/lover is the new Sean Bean.

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 09:13 AM   #152
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

One thing that got me last night was the last of reaction from the SS around the president. Someone just attacked his wife and he's not immediately bundled into a safe room/car by the agents around him... made no sense

Old 12-14-2017, 03:27 PM   #153
Matt
IKYN Guy Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Lee View Post
One thing that got me last night was the last of reaction from the SS around the president. Someone just attacked his wife and he's not immediately bundled into a safe room/car by the agents around him... made no sense
I'm not sure that it was supposed to be portrayed as an attack as much as a random accident. Now I'm sure there will be some sort of conspiratorial nature surrounding it; that is to say, it will ultimately be an attack. But I think it was designed to seem, at least initially, as an accident.

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 03:50 PM   #154
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
They may do that, but I think it was focusing on his very human reaction to the news, and that's how they wanted to end.

I'm guessing she's definitely dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I'm not sure that it was supposed to be portrayed as an attack as much as a random accident. Now I'm sure there will be some sort of conspiratorial nature surrounding it; that is to say, it will ultimately be an attack. But I think it was designed to seem, at least initially, as an accident.

I don't think it was a random accident though. When have any trucks that have hit cars side on like that in any series ever been random accidents? If it were, it would've stopped too, but it was a hit and run.

And it's not like the First Lady's detail ran a red light and got into the path of that truck. It was steaming full on and seemed to know exactly which car to hit.

Old 12-14-2017, 03:54 PM   #155
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

so have Mike appear and as they're bundling him away, he drops to his knees and screams.... makes the SS seem competent, rather than what we saw last night.

It was the only real issue I had with the episode TBH... well, that and wishing they'd just leave those ****ing idiots in that cabin and take the kid from the mother so it could get the surgery needed to save it's life.

Old 12-14-2017, 09:21 PM   #156
kvz5
HBIC
SHH! Global Moderator

It feels and looks like a random accident but yeah realistically, the roads should’ve been blocked or something if someone like the First Lady is traveling, so it would be side eye worthy if they don’t portray it as anything other than an attack.

She’s also definitely dead. The previews had characters saying stuff like “after Alex’ death”.

kvz5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 09:35 PM   #157
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

When does it return? Is there another long wait until March like last year?

Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 04:42 PM   #158
carrrnuttt
Side-Kick

Quote:
To be fair, he got the phone call directly and not his agents.

They might likely already be in the process of being radioed instructions to secure the President at that point, but the whole thing was in slow-motion, and the President was busy agonizing on his knees.

Also, he's already in a secure place. All non-vetted personnel will not be on the floor he's on, and every entrance to that floor *should* be covered already.

What really threw ME about that episode was when Hannah confronted the dude that followed her from the St. Lucia bank.

She drew on the dude (good), but then proceeds with the dramatic trope of pulling her slide with no bullet coming out of the chamber. This meant that she did the utterly idiotic thing of drawing on a guy with a gun that would have gone "click" like a toy had he actually tried anything.

Sometimes having been former military and LEO is a drawback to watching shows like this. I often end up getting thrown out of a moment with these little things that writers and directors don't think about/plan for.

The biggest cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid people are so sure about things and the intelligent folks are so full of doubts.
-- Bertrand Russell

Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.
-- Denis Diderot

Last edited by carrrnuttt; 12-15-2017 at 04:48 PM.
carrrnuttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 04:48 PM   #159
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrrnuttt View Post
To be fair, he got the phone call directly and not his agents.

They might likely already be in the process of being radioed instructions to secure the President at that point, but the whole thing was in slow-motion, and the President was busy agonizing on his knees.

Also, he's already in a secure place. All non-vetted personnel will not be on the floor he's on, and every entrance to that floor *should* be covered already.

What really threw ME about that episode was when Hannah confronted the dude that followed her from the St. Lucia bank.

She drew on the dude (good), but then proceeds with the dramatic trope of pulling her slide with no bullet coming out of the chamber. This meant that she did the utterly idiotic thing of drawing on a guy with a gun that would have gone "click" like a toy had he actually tried anything.

Sometimes having being former military and LEO is a drawback to watching shows like this. I often end up getting thrown out of a moment with these little things that writers and directors don't think about/plan for.
It's like in Thor: The Dark World where he asks the passenger how to get to Greenwich when he gets on at Charring Cross and the woman tells him to take the train three stops. That would never get him there.

Old 12-15-2017, 04:56 PM   #160
carrrnuttt
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
It's like in Thor: The Dark World where he asks the passenger how to get to Greenwich when he gets on at Charring Cross and the woman tells him to take the train three stops. That would never get him there.
LOL

Shows/Movies nowadays need a Logic Consultant.

The biggest cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid people are so sure about things and the intelligent folks are so full of doubts.
-- Bertrand Russell

Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.
-- Denis Diderot
carrrnuttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 05:08 PM   #161
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Don't remind me of that

Old 01-10-2018, 06:14 PM   #162
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Michael J. Fox to Guest Star on ABC’s Designated Survivor

Old 01-10-2018, 06:40 PM   #163
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Maybe he'll have a time machine to go back before the capitol building was destroyed in season 1.

Old 02-28-2018, 09:12 PM   #164
Morg
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator

Crap, new season starts tonight

Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 09:43 PM   #165
Kaleb
Devil of Hells Kitchen

Eh, after the 1st half of S2 went I cant say I'm in a rush to jump back in.

Old 03-01-2018, 02:17 AM   #166
LTuser
Banned User

I am loving this show. Kiefer does a great job as the president..

And we are getting some guest appearances by MJfox in upcoming episodes!!

LTuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 08:18 AM   #167
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Loved the eps since the return from hiatus, lots of intriguing problems for Kirkman and his staff to face. Last night's ep was particularly good, loved the setting and I knew Moss would end up going heel, it was inevitable with that actor.

Old 03-30-2018, 12:38 PM   #168
kvz5
HBIC
SHH! Global Moderator

It can get ridiculous sometimes but I still like and follow this show.

The only thing I don't like is Em and Seth's on/off relationship thing but it's no biggie and that story seems to be done now. Lyor has grown on me so much. But I think the most hilarious parts are always Hannah's death glares towards Damian.

kvz5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 03:44 PM   #169
Kaleb
Devil of Hells Kitchen

Finally caught up,it still feels like I'm watching at least 2 or 3 separate shows in 1.

Old 04-19-2018, 05:18 PM   #170
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Who is the traitor in the Whitehouse? Is it actually Jack Bauer's wife from 24? Or is she being framed? I thought she was being set up as a potential love interest to replace Natascha McElhone after she departed. Is she now going to betray him? They seemed to have good chemistry.

And did she order the hit on Damian? Or has he orchestrated that himself to fake his death to evade the Russians? Or maybe he is really dead and it is the Russians who are responsible?

Is Michael J Fox going to be investigating everyone or is there going to be actual cross examination type scenes in a courtroom? I think they should mic him up more or turn up his volume a bit louder in post production as he's a bit hard to hear sometimes compared to everyone else.