The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 10-16-2016, 12:46 PM   #101
Jostru
Side-Kick

Default Re: Dragonball HQ - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Episode 62 of Dragon Ball Super. Power levels continue to be bull****. I wouldn't have such a problem with it, had they not introduced God Ki into the series. A pissed off Trunks is doing a better job against both Zamasu's, than Vegeta and Goku, who both trained like insane to get their new powers.
This isn't just a pissed off Trunks, this is a Trunks who achieved a new form. What form exactly? No idea. But it looks like a combination of Super Saiyan 2 and Super Saiyan Blue.

I hope they eventually take time to explain what this form and Super Saiyan Rose really are. Is Rose simply a form everyone above Blue which everyone can achieve or does it have to do with Zamasu/Black's ki being full on God ki? Is Trunks' new form something that has to do with him being a halfblood? I want to know!

Anyway, can't wait until next episode. With Vegeta having half a day to train in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber (which means half a year worth of training), I hope he finally gets to whoop some ass! Felt kinda bad for him when he overheard everyone putting their hopes on Goku and completely forgetting Vegeta. Even Bulma! Come on Vegeta, show them what the prince of all (5) Saiyans can do!

Jostru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 06:11 AM   #102
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jostru View Post
This isn't just a pissed off Trunks, this is a Trunks who achieved a new form. What form exactly? No idea. But it looks like a combination of Super Saiyan 2 and Super Saiyan Blue.
Which is even more ridiculous. You don't just pull God Ki out of your ass by getting angry, it's something you have attune yourself to. Both Vegeta and Goku underwent rigorous training to get where they are. Heck, they spent 3 days together in the Time Chamber. That means for 3 years, the two fighting crazed Saiyans did nothing but train, and pushing themselves to new limits.

Trunks simply getting a new form out of nowhere and doing more damage to Black than Vegeta and Goku were able to, makes the last two arcs with both of them training a waste of time.

Quote:
I hope they eventually take time to explain what this form and Super Saiyan Rose really are. Is Rose simply a form everyone above Blue which everyone can achieve or does it have to do with Zamasu/Black's ki being full on God ki? Is Trunks' new form something that has to do with him being a halfblood? I want to know!
I really have my doubts they can come up with any reasonable explanations. The entirety of Dragon Ball Super seems like the writers just winging it. I also don't think being a halfblood has anything to do with it, since I really think they dropped the whole Saiyan and Earthling offspring creating Super Warriors. No one outside of Gohan as ever shown tremendous potential. He is the only halfblood shown so far, who's able to gain crazy amounts of power by getting angry. That was an exclusive Gohan trait.

Quote:
Anyway, can't wait until next episode. With Vegeta having half a day to train in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber (which means half a year worth of training), I hope he finally gets to whoop some ass! Felt kinda bad for him when he overheard everyone putting their hopes on Goku and completely forgetting Vegeta. Even Bulma! Come on Vegeta, show them what the prince of all (5) Saiyans can do!
It'd be nice to finally see Vegeta whoop some ass. But it won't last, since Black is basically Broly and just keeps growing in power.

Old 10-19-2016, 02:13 AM   #103
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

It's Dragon Ball. When is it ever logical?

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 12:49 AM   #104
KevanG
Pragmatic Villain

Is it wrong to want to see Team Four Star do everything for Dragonball? I'm rewatching some videos from when Cell went semi-perfect (however you get semi-perfect is beyond me) and it's incredibly well done. You'd swear most of it was done by a fully staffed professional studio, ignoring the fact it was originally done by one, as the edits, sound design and writing are spectacular.

I can't imagine that they wouldn't have at least the first half season of Super done and out by now if they were given it.

The fact that they're messing around with small clips from Super just shows how great it could be.

KevanG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 08:50 AM   #105
Nathan

To me, DBZ Abridged and that Multiverse Fan Manga are the best things to come out of the fandom, and I honestly sometimes prefer it to the real deal. Especially DBZ:A is so well done, I think a lot of the voice work blows the professional work out of the water. Their Freezer is fantastic.

Old 10-20-2016, 01:54 PM   #106
Nathan

Great video about Gohan.

I really do hope he'll eventually make a comeback and reclaim his badass status. Though I don't want him to stop with his studies because of it. I really hope that he'll turn into the scholar/fighter that he is in the Multiverse Manga.

Oh, and also, Dragon Ball Super is coming to streaming services.

Dragon Ball Super Coming To Crunchyroll, Daisuki, And Anime Lab

Old 10-23-2016, 07:35 AM   #107
Nathan

Episode 63 of Super is out and Vegeta actually kicked a good amount of ass.

Old 10-23-2016, 01:00 PM   #108
Steyin
Bidding you ADIEU!

Quote:
Damn straight he did.

Wonder if
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Goku and Vegeta will fuse also. I've been assuming it has to happen at some point given how Whis kept telling them their strength lays in working together.

My LEGO Gallery
Steyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 01:06 PM   #109
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steyin View Post
Damn straight he did.

Wonder if
Goku and Vegeta will fuse also. I've been assuming it has to happen at some point given how Whis kept telling them their strength lays in working together.
Well, the Kaioshins are there, so they got at least a pair of earrings to put on. But I hope instead of Vegeta and Goku, it'll be Vegeta and Trunks that will fuse. Sure, Zamasu stole Goku's body and killed his family, but Trunks is still the one who suffered the most. And I really think the kill belongs to Vegeta and Trunks.

There's also a new Trailer for Dragon Ball Heroes that got released recently, that showed off a Fusion between Vegeta and Trunks and I'd loved to see him on the show.

Old 10-23-2016, 01:15 PM   #110
Jostru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yes, yes he did! So proud of my boy! You go, prince!

Can't wait for the next episodes! What a time, what a time!

Jostru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 01:28 PM   #111
Lucien
Bozhe Moi

I'm not overly keen on
the idea of fusing again, it's been done already. But if that's the way it's going (Kaioshin's convenient appearance is screaming it'll happen) then a Vegeta/Trunks fusion is the how it should go down. Besides, Goku's still needed to do the Mafuba so it has to be Vegetrunks (Vegunks? Trugeta?)

Lucien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 08:08 AM   #112
Nathan

Episode 64 of Super is out. Well... the whole Mafuba business was unfortunately complete and utter nonsense.

Old 10-31-2016, 06:09 AM   #113
Nathan

I didn't know the current arc takes place in the year 780. The year Bra should be born and in the alternate time line, Gohan would get killed in the year 781.

And around those years, this is what Future Trunks looked like.

And yet, this is what Trunks currently looks like in Super.

They really just don't care.

Old 10-31-2016, 02:42 PM   #114
Steyin
Bidding you ADIEU!

I could have sworn this arc was only a year or so after Buu.

My LEGO Gallery
Old 11-01-2016, 12:11 AM   #115
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

How does Goten still look like he's 6 years old? Isn't he like 11 or 12 right now?

- CM Punk
Old 11-02-2016, 12:06 AM   #116
KevanG
Pragmatic Villain

Well as per Dragon Ball, Goku was something like 14 or more before he got taller. It was after the King Piccolo arc and Roshi sent him on his trip around the world to train. Once he got back a few years later he was taller than pretty much everyone but Tien.

KevanG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 07:20 PM   #117
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass
SHH! Moderator

Quote:
I could have sworn this arc was only a year or so after Buu.
That's what I thought, too? When was it established that this takes place a significant time after that?

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 11:14 PM   #118
Nathan

I don't think we ever got actual confirmation, been looking for hard facts myself. Seems fans came up with the number. We know that Dragon Ball Super takes place in the 10 year time skip, between Buu's defeat and Goku meeting Uub at the tournament. DBZ ends in the year 784, when Goku takes off with Uub to train him. Pan is only 4 or 5 years old when she participates in that tournament. And since Pan has already been born in Super, that places the current arc somewhere between 779 and 780.

Unless Toriyama confirms that he is retconning the end of DBZ, and none of it is canon anymore. Then I guess Super can be placed only months or a year after the end of the Buu saga.

Last edited by Nathan; 11-02-2016 at 11:28 PM.
Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 12:05 AM   #119
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Well I mean, technically didn't he already retcon the two new movies out of existence with Super?

- CM Punk
Old 11-06-2016, 12:39 PM   #120
Steyin
Bidding you ADIEU!

Return of Vegetto next episode. Really curious how they plan on beating Zamusa with his immortality already, unless they can hold him long enough for Bulma to go back to get the thingy for the Mafuba again.

My LEGO Gallery
Old 11-06-2016, 02:14 PM   #121
Nathan

Quote:
Return of Vegetto next episode. Really curious how they plan on beating Zamusa with his immortality already, unless they can hold him long enough for Bulma to go back to get the thingy for the Mafuba again.
Disappointed that they didn't update his look at all. Vegetos's first outfit was a result of mixing Vegeta's with Goku's outfit. Now Vegeta is wearing his Saiyan Armor, and Vegeto still looks exactly the same.

Old 11-06-2016, 02:33 PM   #122
Steyin
Bidding you ADIEU!

Quote:
Disappointed that they didn't update his look at all. Vegetos's first outfit was a result of mixing Vegeta's with Goku's outfit. Now Vegeta is wearing his Saiyan Armor, and Vegeto still looks exactly the same.
Yeah. Towards the end I realized Vegeta was wearing his traditional armor instead of the new one also. I like the new one.

My LEGO Gallery
Old 11-06-2016, 02:40 PM   #123
Orb
Lord of Demons

Vegeta's armor got mostly destroyed hence no armor.

Orb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 04:06 PM   #124
Nathan

He's still wearing half of it. And even if he didn't wear the armor, there's still the skin tight suit he's wearing. There are enough differences for some changes to be made to Vegeto's outfit. It just feels lazy to get the very same Vegeto and the only difference is blue hair.

Old 11-07-2016, 09:37 AM   #125
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass
SHH! Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Well I mean, technically didn't he already retcon the two new movies out of existence with Super?
Not really, the stories are just retold in an extended format. The events still happen, more or less, the same way as the films.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote