The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 10-24-2017, 09:34 AM   #26
Iron_Stark
That's a one-off

Default Re: Survivor season 35: HvHvH

Finally caught up with the new season. Pretty good so far.

That last tribal though! I don't really like Joe, but damn, got to respect the hell out of his game. And I thought that special immunity vote was to help Devon, so he could use it against someone else? I guess I didn't hear it correctly when Jessica read it.

Old 10-24-2017, 02:46 PM   #27
BestGirl
Chillin' on Dragonstone

They wanted Devon to think that so he'd use the advantage. That was darkly hilarious.

Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it’s the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters. - Greg Rucka
BestGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 05:46 PM   #28
Iron_Stark
That's a one-off

Lol, yeah it was actually kind of funny seeing his reaction when he read it.

Old 10-26-2017, 02:40 PM   #29
BestGirl
Chillin' on Dragonstone

Quite the chippy tribal council last night. I loved it! Too bad both Roarke and Chrissy couldn't stay, though. It's frustrating how so many of the rivalries this season have been cut off at the knees before they've had a chance to really get going. Imagine if Patrick, Alan, and Roarke were still in the game so that they could continue to feud with Lauren, Joe, and Chrissy?

Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it’s the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters. - Greg Rucka
Old 10-26-2017, 06:33 PM   #30
Wyrminarrd
Side-Kick

I think Ryan did the right thing when he voted out Roark, there was just no way that letting 6 healers make the merge would have been a good move for his long term chances. I do however think that he made a mistake in not telling Ashley since he's needlessly sown mistrust between the two of them.

In other news it was amazing that it took this long for someone to go see if the idol was in the same place on this beach as the last one... You'd think the first thing you'd do is go check around the well.

Wyrminarrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 06:10 PM   #31
Wyrminarrd
Side-Kick

Hmm, I was actually surprised by who went home this week. I think it was probably the right decision to vote Ali out of the game instead of JP since she was imo a much greater threat in the long run and had already been burned once by Ryan and voted for Chrissie.

Physical strength is massively over rated in the post merger game and really should only be a factor when its also paired with some social or tactical capabilities. JP so far hasn't shown any ability to make big moves or make friends with strangers so he's not likely to flip easily after the merge.

Cole continues to receive a poor edit, so I think its safe to say that he's not winning this season. I´m not sure that I remember a player getting this much bad edit without playing a villain game or being mean to people.

Old 11-03-2017, 02:58 PM   #32
BestGirl
Chillin' on Dragonstone

Cole's edit is kinda hilarious.

Ryan's getting a surprisingly bad edit, too, though, like when he shouted at Ali for no good reason and then said the argument reflected badly on her. I loved how she called him a twerp. Hopefully this means he doesn't win.

I would've preferred that Ali stick around over JP because I think she'd be a stronger contender down the line but it would be amazing if JP were the one to eliminate Ryan. Please make it happen Survivor gods!

Old 11-07-2017, 01:33 PM   #33
Iron_Stark
That's a one-off

Mildly upset Ali got eliminated. I wanted her to get farther. Don't really know who else to root for.

Old 11-09-2017, 05:21 PM   #34
Quasar
Side-Kick

I loved Joe acting all big man during tribal, then to have the other alliance get EVERYTHING they wanted: a Healer gone, Joe's idol played and wasted, and the voting block couple broken up.

Now I suppose Cole will have to eat his feelings now that his gf's gone!

Old 11-09-2017, 07:01 PM   #35
Wyrminarrd
Side-Kick

Yeah, this tribal went about as well as it could for the Heroes/Hustler alliance. Funnily enough Cole might be in a better position because his "girlfriend" is gone sine now he's not in a power couple situation and Joe doesn't have an idol and will therefore probably be targeted next.

Speaking of Joe, I thought he showed at this tribal that he isn't really a good player but rather that he got lucky in his first tribal. His speeches seemed a bit rambling and it clearly never was a realistic option in his mind to either not play the idol or to play it for someone else.

Chrissy keeps impressing, she clearly had the right voting strategy in place for the tribal council and does seem to be running things in the majority alliance.

Old 11-16-2017, 05:04 PM   #36
Wyrminarrd
Side-Kick

Well color me surprised, I thought for sure that Joe would be the one voted out at the re-vote...

I guess Dezie payed the price for being to strong in challenges or people have just lost all respect for Joe and think he's a goat at this point...

Old 11-16-2017, 10:13 PM   #37
Quasar
Side-Kick

Yeah, after that re-vote, I was just confused. During Tribal, everyone acted like they were sick of listening to Joe. You'd think he'd just get the "pain in the butt" vote. I could see whey they didn't vote for him the first time, if they thought he was trying to goad them into voting for him and then play an idol. But in the re-vote, there wasn't that danger. Plus I liked Desi, so that sucks. And I really don't like Joe.

Old 11-16-2017, 10:36 PM   #38
psylockolussus
Fierce User

So did they know that Lauren didn't vote? I thought a vote was automatically given to her but iT was Desi's vote.

Old 11-17-2017, 03:26 AM   #39
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasar View Post
Yeah, after that re-vote, I was just confused. During Tribal, everyone acted like they were sick of listening to Joe. You'd think he'd just get the "pain in the butt" vote. I could see whey they didn't vote for him the first time, if they thought he was trying to goad them into voting for him and then play an idol. But in the re-vote, there wasn't that danger. Plus I liked Desi, so that sucks. And I really don't like Joe.
Joe makes things interesting so I am happy he stayed

SV Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 05:52 AM   #40
Wyrminarrd
Side-Kick

I was listening to the Know-it-Alls podcast and Stephen Fishbach had a good point there for why voting out Desi was the right move: Basically its easier to keep the heroes/hustler alliance together against a player like Joe who no one likes than it is against a player like Desi who can charm her way into any cracks that might form in the majority alliance. Plus she is good at challenges.

As for Laurens vote banking, it seemed like at least Joe noticed that something was off in the vote reading. Lauren IMO made a big mistake banking that vote if she knew it was going to be a tied vote with all the votes read. If she thought it was going to be 7-4 with two votes left unread then her move was a good one but it was pretty clear that they were splitting the vote so her move was bad. The only real question is is whether or not people will figure out that she was the anomaly.

Old 11-17-2017, 10:49 AM   #41
Quasar
Side-Kick

I was confused a little by Lauren's advantage. On the first vote, she switched her rolled up paper with a blank sheet, but then it looked like she was doing something similar on the re-vote as well.

Old 11-17-2017, 11:14 AM   #42
Matt
IKYN Guy Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
I was listening to the Know-it-Alls podcast and Stephen Fishbach had a good point there for why voting out Desi was the right move: Basically its easier to keep the heroes/hustler alliance together against a player like Joe who no one likes than it is against a player like Desi who can charm her way into any cracks that might form in the majority alliance. Plus she is good at challenges.

As for Laurens vote banking, it seemed like at least Joe noticed that something was off in the vote reading. Lauren IMO made a big mistake banking that vote if she knew it was going to be a tied vote with all the votes read. If she thought it was going to be 7-4 with two votes left unread then her move was a good one but it was pretty clear that they were splitting the vote so her move was bad. The only real question is is whether or not people will figure out that she was the anomaly.
RHAP is an amazing podcast.

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 03:15 PM   #43
BestGirl
Chillin' on Dragonstone

I'm at the point where I can't stand Ryan, Chrissy, or Ben. With my luck they're our final three.

Old 11-17-2017, 06:28 PM   #44
psylockolussus
Fierce User

JP is such an eye candy <3.

Old 11-24-2017, 06:06 AM   #45
Wyrminarrd
Side-Kick

Hmm, not a lot of good play this week... Ryan makes the classic mistake of telling people about his idol, Ben comes off as a bully by not listening to his alliance, Mike bizarrely wastes his idol in a way that imo makes no sense, Joe is pretty much just playing for third place at this time.

Old 11-24-2017, 03:03 PM   #46
BestGirl
Chillin' on Dragonstone

"People are feeling steamrolled by you."
"No they're not."
Lol, Ben. I hope his bossiness gets him run out the game.

As far as Mike goes, I think he was trying to pull votes on himself and away from Joe. It just didn't work.

Old 11-24-2017, 11:41 PM   #47
Quasar
Side-Kick

Well Mike did get the votes instead of Joe. But they were already planning on giving him the votes. And once again, the alliance got what they wanted: a healer gone, and an idol wasted.

The steamrolling exchange was a classic. Ben was steamrolling Chrissy about not getting steamrolled.

Old 11-28-2017, 08:29 AM   #48
psylockolussus
Fierce User

This is a pretty boring season. Seeing the Healers go one by one is just not exciting.

Old 11-28-2017, 12:40 PM   #49
Quasar
Side-Kick

Well there's only 2 healers left, and this week is a double episode, so maybe they'll be gone after this week, and we can get down to the final 2 tribes duking it out. Or maybe Joe will slither through a crack and continue to be a fly in the ointment.

Old 11-28-2017, 06:38 PM   #50
legendkillin
Side-Kick

I don't like that old lady Christie. Pretty much want anyone but her to win.

legendkillin is offline   Reply With Quote