The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Old 04-20-2015, 02:28 PM   #26
ares834
Vader's Fist

Default Re: A Theory Regarding The Relationship Between Luke, Rey, and Kylo Ren.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
It'd be terrible if it were true. Would spit right in RotJ's finale and point, really.
Exactly. The whole point of Luke's arc in RotJ (and the OT as a whole really) was rejecting the dark side and embracing the light. Making him fall now completely undermines that.

ares834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 02:37 PM   #27
Octoberist
point blank

Default Re: A Theory Regarding The Relationship Between Luke, Rey, and Kylo Ren.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rocket View Post
An accent has everything to do with who taught you how to speak the language. If you learn English in Scotland, you'll have a Scottish accent; learn it in Australia and you'll have an Australian accent. It depends on who taught him English; I don't know why any of the clones would have New Zealand accents unless they all learned English in New Zealand. You aren't born with a New Zealand accent.
Haha, I think you're over thinking my comment. It's because Tessura Morrison kept his New Zealand accent for Jango. And since Episode 2, all of his clones including Boba kept the accent as well, even in The Clone Wars series, The Force Unleashed (now not canon), and Star Tours (totally not canon).

Because of that, Morrison ADRed Boba's voice in the 'Empire Strikes Back', which kills me to no end because Boba's original voice was so amazingly cool. Here it is:

Because Disney is actively distancing itself from the Prequels, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some retconning going around in the near future. Larry Kasdan is working on the second Star Wars spin-off, and it was rumored he wasn't pleased with the treatment of Boba's character in the prequels..ruining the mystery. I get the vibe that JJ and Kennedy are in the same boat but they'll never admit it in public.

But they also know that Boba is so popular that they'll have to use him eventually for something. The rumor of Boba getting killed by another bounty hunter, who takes up the mantle doesn't have a lot of weight these days, but who knows.

-- Anonymous, 2016
Octoberist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 09:14 PM   #28
Ryan1985
Side-Kick

I'd take a Boba Fett movie but I'm glad the first Anthology movie is Rogue One. Not starting with BF was a good move IMO.

Ryan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 09:41 PM   #29
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
But they also know that Boba is so popular that they'll have to use him eventually for something. The rumor of Boba getting killed by another bounty hunter, who takes up the mantle doesn't have a lot of weight these days, but who knows.
Didn't Pablo Hidalgo outright squash that rumor? I could be wrong but I could've sworn he did in a fairly recent post.

And to be honest, I don't think anybody currently working for Disney/Lucasfilm on new Star Wars content has any business being mad about something "ruining the mystery", when by definition they are going to be exploring more and more of the Star Wars universe with all these spinoff films and "ruining the mystery".

BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 09:42 PM   #30
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

What do we think happens to Kylo Ren?

If he's a good character it'd be a shame to kill him off in one film like Darth Maul.

Old 04-21-2015, 09:49 PM   #31
Solidus
Knights of Ren

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
What do we think happens to Kylo Ren?

If he's a good character it'd be a shame to kill him off in one film like Darth Maul.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
MSW has stated he is not killed off. It seems after the duel on the cliff on Ryoome he gets away to fight another day.

"If you don’t care about the characters, nothing matters. No space ship, no explosion, no anything is important if you don’t feel something for the people involved."J.J. Abrams (2/5/13)
Solidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 02:13 AM   #32
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Kylo is probably the big baddie of the trilogy, even if he's someone's subordinate.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 08:25 AM   #33
Ryan1985
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
MSW has stated he is not killed off. It seems after the duel on the cliff on Ryoome he gets away to fight another day.
I hope this is true. I feel like GL really missed the mark with Maul by not having him stay alive through at least AOTC. He was so focused on Anakin becoming Vader that he forgot to have a central villain outside Palpatine.

Dooku never felt "scary" or gave the vibe that Maul did. Vader in the OT was the epitome of evil and as a kid you knew he was bad. Dooku was like the angry old man that wanted the Jedi to get off his lawn.

Old 04-22-2015, 08:31 AM   #34
ih8nyy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
Boba Fett is no more.
Not according to SW Battlefront. He's at the Battle of Jakku.

01', 03', 04', 04', 07', 08', 11', 13', 14' ,16'
ih8nyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 09:03 AM   #35
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Quote:
Kylo is probably the big baddie of the trilogy, even if he's someone's subordinate.
Do you consider Vader the Big Bad of the OT? Nah, it is Uber and his buddies I suspect. Kylo will be suffer the internal struggle.

Old 04-22-2015, 09:09 AM   #36
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Do you consider Vader the Big Bad of the OT? Nah, it is Uber and his buddies I suspect. Kylo will be suffer the internal struggle.
Big baddie in terms of screentime and narrative focus. In that sense, Vader was the big baddie of the OT, yes.

Old 04-22-2015, 09:19 AM   #37
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Big baddie in terms of screentime and narrative focus. In that sense, Vader was the big baddie of the OT, yes.
That is not what it means to be the Big Bad. The big bad is the main event, the final boss, the most powerful, the puppetmaster. That was clearly the Emperor. Vader was a tragic figure.

Last edited by DarthSkywalker; 04-22-2015 at 09:26 AM.
DarthSkywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 09:31 AM   #38
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Then yes, in that sense it was undoubtedly Sid and it probably will be Uber for the new trilogy, unless Kylo dethrones him at some point.

Old 04-22-2015, 09:51 AM   #39
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

I'm assuming Uber is just a codename, right? And is Serkis Uber?

Old 04-22-2015, 09:54 AM   #40
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Yes and yes.

Old 04-22-2015, 09:59 AM   #41
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Wow, pretty cool. Ian McDiarmid has mighty big shoes to fill if you're introducing a new big bad, but Andy Serkis is a hell of a choice to be that guy. I mean, we knew it was him talking in the teaser and he sounded ominous as hell, but cool to hear that the rumors support him being the new big baddie.

Old 04-22-2015, 10:04 AM   #42
ares834
Vader's Fist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ih8nyy View Post
Not according to SW Battlefront. He's at the Battle of Jakku.
We don't know that yet. It could be Tatooine as evident by the Sandcrawler and a SD simply crashed there as well. Plus the trailer shows Vader at the Battle of Endor which is obviously incorrect.

As of right now, the official ruling (as per Pablo Hidalgo) on Boba Fett's survival is this: “Boba Fett is both simultaneously alive and dead in the Sarlaac Pit until a story pulls him out.”

ares834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 04:58 PM   #43
Octoberist
point blank

As far I know, in the game you can play any of those characters (Boba, Vader) freely right?
And it was confirmed that they only showed footage of Tatooine, not Jakku, so that shot of Boba was at Tat.

-- Anonymous, 2016
Octoberist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 02:06 PM   #44
Ryan1985
Side-Kick

My understanding of the Battle of Jakku is it is a DLC that you can get when pre-ordering.

Old 04-23-2015, 02:33 PM   #45
CommanderConnor
Prophecised ******

Kylo-Ren and Rey are children of Leia and Han Solo. Or at least Rey is.

Both were students of Luke's Jedi Academy on Yavin. A character yet to be named who was a powerful dark side user attacked the Academy and slayed many Padawans before taking Kylo-Ren with him.

He taught Ren the ways of the darkside and out of the ashes of the Imperial Empire, the "First Order" was born with these 2 rising to take leadership.

In the aftermath of the attack on the Jedi Academy, Luke Skywalker goes into hiding alone leaving R2-D2 and C3PO in the care of somebody else. Possibly Leia.

Luke's old lightsaber is discovered from Bespin and ends up in the hands of Finn and Rey. It is eventually revealed to be Rey's destiny and she ultimately goes with Finn and Poe Dameron to find Luke Skywalker in his seclusion on an unnamed planet in the Millenium Falcon after Han Solo sacrifices himself for their safety from Kylo-Ren.

CommanderConnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 02:49 PM   #46
X Knight
Hope

^^ that could very well be the overall plot of TFA.

Old 04-23-2015, 03:50 PM   #47
Ren Corvus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderConnor View Post
Kylo-Ren and Rey are children of Leia and Han Solo. Or at least Rey is.

Both were students of Luke's Jedi Academy on Yavin. A character yet to be named who was a powerful dark side user attacked the Academy and slayed many Padawans before taking Kylo-Ren with him.

He taught Ren the ways of the darkside and out of the ashes of the Imperial Empire, the "First Order" was born with these 2 rising to take leadership.

Luke's old lightsaber is discovered from Bespin and ends up in the hands of Finn and Rey. It is eventually revealed to be Rey's destiny and she ultimately goes with Finn
Yes to Rey being a Solo. No to Kylo being a Solo. I think he is a Skywalker.

Yes to Rey and Finn finding the lightsaber no to it being Reys destiny, The Force Awakens in Finn, something no one saw coming and it's his destiny...

Ren Corvus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 12:55 PM   #48
Rowsdower!
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ren Corvus View Post
SO to say "My father has it" is just saying that Luke believes in the Living Force and likely communes with his redeemed fathers Force Spirit from time to time so to Luke, his father is not really gone. Neither is Yoda or Obi Wan.
So are you saying we're getting a Hayden cameo?

Rowsdower! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 01:00 PM   #49
Snow Queen
4AF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
So are you saying we're getting a Hayden cameo?
What the fans have been dying for.

Snow Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 02:05 PM   #50
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Queen View Post
What the fans have been dying for.
Not funny. Not even a little bit.