The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2017, 03:10 AM   #751
Mani-Man
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 977
Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Is Under...Siege! - Part 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
I barely know anything about Mandy Rose. She hasn't done much on NXT and I never took an interest in her to find out more. Hope she's a nice surprise.
Yeah, its weird that they called her up.
If you want to call someone up who definitly is ready, you would think more about peyton royce and billie kay...not mandy rose.
Cant even remember when she had her last match in NXT.

We will see, for now its good to see paige back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOBO3315a View Post
Roman Reigns is your NEW Intercontinental Champion!
If that means he stays the hell away from Lesnar, i take it.
Damn disgrace how the wwe treats The Miz, but hey its the wwe.
Using good talent wrong is their thing afterall.

Mani-Man is online now  
Old 11-21-2017, 03:24 AM   #752
nite-owl
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 11,490
Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Is Under...Siege! - Part 247

I assume Reigns will lose the IC title back to The Miz on a random Raw a few weeks before Wrestlemania.

nite-owl is offline  
Old 11-21-2017, 03:46 AM   #753
Wheels
Eat my shorts
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Wheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Springfield
Posts: 16,363
Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Is Under...Siege! - Part 247

Guys, someone just pointed this out to me. Paige, Mandy, and Sonya are PMS. PMS 2.0


Last edited by Wheels; 11-21-2017 at 04:03 AM.
Wheels is offline  
Old 11-21-2017, 03:56 AM   #754
nite-owl
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 11,490
Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Is Under...Siege! - Part 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker2.0 View Post
Did he fall off the ramp?
https://twitter.com/KiingDeno/status/932458845980393472

nite-owl is offline  
Old 11-21-2017, 03:57 AM   #755
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 82,743
Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Is Under...Siege! - Part 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angryfantasyfan View Post
Paige and two call ups? That's a lot of women on Raw.
Is it even 10?

Paige's return had me losing my mind. Love her.

__________________
"I've been running scams on the street since I was ten. I was kicked out of the flight academy for having a mind of my own. I'm going be a pilot. Best in the galaxy."
DarthSkywalker is offline  
Old 11-21-2017, 04:50 AM   #756
Darkness Falls
We Could Be Heroes.....
 
Darkness Falls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Queensland, Australia
Posts: 13,301
Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Is Under...Siege! - Part 247

so glad paige is back to reclaim her house

__________________
"I beg of you my son, please choose happiness. Unless you feel a calling — a true calling." – Thomas Wayne
Darkness Falls is offline  
Old 11-21-2017, 07:40 AM   #757
NDX
Walking with Elias.
 
NDX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: King of Queens.
Posts: 25,043
Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Is Under...Siege! - Part 247

Yay. Paige is back.

NDX is offline  
Old 11-21-2017, 08:02 AM   #758
LOBO3315a
Artificial Intelligence
 
LOBO3315a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: In a television, ob-ob-ob-obviously!
Posts: 11,096
Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Is Under...Siege! - Part 247

The Wrestling Thread Is Back!

LOBO3315a is offline  
Old 11-21-2017, 08:22 AM   #759
WereCoyote
Side-Kick
 
WereCoyote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 459
Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Is Under...Siege! - Part 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
He did. Not denying that, but he did put Braun over which is more than Shane did. There's no reason for making someone like Shane look like he does.
Shane shouldn't have even been in the match, this is 2 years in a row.

WereCoyote is offline  
Old 11-21-2017, 08:26 AM   #760
WereCoyote
Side-Kick
 
WereCoyote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 459
Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Is Under...Siege! - Part 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
I barely know anything about Mandy Rose. She hasn't done much on NXT and I never took an interest in her to find out more. Hope she's a nice surprise.
She's blonde, and hot, thats all you need to know. Vince loves her.

WereCoyote is offline  
Old 11-21-2017, 08:39 AM   #761
Pink Ranger
Happy Mothers' Day
 
Pink Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 32,799
Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Is Under...Siege! - Part 247

Not so sure about Mandy Rose (she barely even wrestled on NXT, right?) but I like Sonya Deville.

Also, she's the first openly gay woman ever on a WWE main roster. She'll do well; if Mandy sucks in the ring and Paige is winding down her big league career, then Sonya will be the workhorse of that stable. Also, if Nia Jax is truly on the outs with the company as we've heard, then the role of the token "monster/big girl threat" on Raw has to be filled.

__________________
Mandroid. Mercenary. Scientist. Ninja. Each one a specialist. Together they are ...

ELIMINATORS!
Coming January 31, 1986, to VHS and video CD
Pink Ranger is offline  
Old 11-21-2017, 08:52 AM   #762
WereCoyote
Side-Kick
 
WereCoyote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 459
Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Is Under...Siege! - Part 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Ranger View Post
Not so sure about Mandy Rose (she barely even wrestled on NXT, right?) but I like Sonya Deville.

Also, she's the first openly gay woman ever on a WWE main roster. She'll do well; if Mandy sucks in the ring and Paige is winding down her big league career, then Sonya will be the workhorse of that stable. Also, if Nia Jax is truly on the outs with the company as we've heard, then the role of the token "monster/big girl threat" on Raw has to be filled.
Why would Paige be winding down? She's younger than most of the girls in NXT.

WereCoyote is offline  
Old 11-21-2017, 09:08 AM   #763
javonstokess
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,463
Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Is Under...Siege! - Part 247

*Yawn*

I used to record RAWs so that I can fast forward through them. Now I'm not recording them at all and just missing what I miss.

FYI, is Paige sick? She look terrible. Actually, she looked high as a kite.

Reigns with the IC title...*yawn*. That title could, and should, be used in a feud between Finn Balor and Samoa Joe.

Am I the only one that feels like Ambrose and Rollins somehow became Reign's own version of the Miztourage? They act like his bodyguards.

javonstokess is offline  
Old 11-21-2017, 09:50 AM   #764
Pink Ranger
Happy Mothers' Day
 
Pink Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 32,799
Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Is Under...Siege! - Part 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereCoyote View Post
Why would Paige be winding down? She's younger than most of the girls in NXT.

That's the feeling I'm getting from her; that she started in WWE a fair bit of time ago, and her personal challenges have been mounting, and so on. Of course, if the old Paige is back, then I think that's great.

__________________
Mandroid. Mercenary. Scientist. Ninja. Each one a specialist. Together they are ...

ELIMINATORS!
Coming January 31, 1986, to VHS and video CD
Pink Ranger is offline  
Old 11-21-2017, 11:04 AM   #765
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick
 
Dr. Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 49,050
Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Is Under...Siege! - Part 247

I want to see if Paige, Mandy and Sonya confront Asuka and how they deal with it. Do they beat down Asuka? Therefore losing her mystique? Or does she destroy all three?

Dr. Evil is offline  
Old 11-21-2017, 11:23 AM   #766
WereCoyote
Side-Kick
 
WereCoyote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 459
Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Is Under...Siege! - Part 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
I want to see if Paige, Mandy and Sonya confront Asuka and how they deal with it. Do they beat down Asuka? Therefore losing her mystique? Or does she destroy all three?
My guess is they will beat her down, leave, and she'll divide and conquer them.

WereCoyote is offline  
Old 11-21-2017, 11:27 AM   #767
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick
 
Dr. Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 49,050
Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Is Under...Siege! - Part 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereCoyote View Post
My guess is they will beat her down, leave, and she'll divide and conquer them.
Isn't Asuka getting beat down mean she loses her mystique as this undefeated indestructible force? Or will it be a replay of how The Iconic Duo and Nikki Beat her down in NXT?

Dr. Evil is offline  
Old 11-21-2017, 11:38 AM   #768
Angryfantasyfan
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,355
Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Is Under...Siege! - Part 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Is it even 10?
11 wrestlers now. Smackdown has 6 + Lana.


Last edited by Angryfantasyfan; 11-21-2017 at 01:10 PM. Reason: I can't count
Angryfantasyfan is offline  
Old 11-21-2017, 11:46 AM   #769
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick
 
Dr. Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 49,050
Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Is Under...Siege! - Part 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angryfantasyfan View Post
Yeah, 10 wrestlers. Smackdown has 6 + Lana.
The SD Women's Division needs something......Iconic.


Dr. Evil is offline  
Old 11-21-2017, 12:56 PM   #770
WereCoyote
Side-Kick
 
WereCoyote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 459
Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Is Under...Siege! - Part 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Isn't Asuka getting beat down mean she loses her mystique as this undefeated indestructible force? Or will it be a replay of how The Iconic Duo and Nikki Beat her down in NXT?
I don't see a 3 on 1 assault killing her mystique, what would kill it is if 1 person left her laying and she did nothing about it. She is undefeated, but she has never been booked as being infallible. She has just always gone over in matches, and has always gotten back at anyone who made her vulnerable, by destroying them.

WereCoyote is offline  
Old 11-21-2017, 12:58 PM   #771
WereCoyote
Side-Kick
 
WereCoyote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 459
Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Is Under...Siege! - Part 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
The SD Women's Division needs something......Iconic.

I would have assumed they were who Paige was talking about when she said she didn't come alone. No way did I think they'd bring up Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville.

WereCoyote is offline  
Old 11-21-2017, 01:30 PM   #772
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 82,743
Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Is Under...Siege! - Part 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angryfantasyfan View Post
11 wrestlers now. Smackdown has 6 + Lana.
That isn't a lot, at all. SD will get more wrestlers as well. Remember, NXT has quite a few now. They need new blood on both shows.

__________________
"I've been running scams on the street since I was ten. I was kicked out of the flight academy for having a mind of my own. I'm going be a pilot. Best in the galaxy."
DarthSkywalker is offline  
Old 11-21-2017, 02:08 PM   #773
chamber-music
Infinity Ammo
 
chamber-music's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 33,953
Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Is Under...Siege! - Part 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by famicommander View Post
Nobody said anything about unprotected chair shots but there is a basic flaw in your argument.

Ring of Honor and Lucha Underground are both owned by companies that are somewhere in the realm of 10X larger than WWE, if not more. And yet they don't have the issues WWE has.

Not letting guys use certain moves isn't about safety, really. It's about saving certain moves for certain guys.

They took away Rhino's gore, arguably the best spear we've ever seen in this business, because Roman Reigns is terrible and they want Rhino to stop making his weak ass spear look bad.

They took away both of Adam Cole's finishers, one of which was a frontflip piledriver. And yet Undertaker and Kane get away with using piledrivers whenever they want, and the tombstone is specifically the one that broke Steve Austin's neck.

And the garbage promos WWE does has nothing at all to do with safety. It's because they have dozens of dozens of hired writers that have zero experience in the business, writing promos for talent that is used to doing their mic work freestyle, or just on bullet points.

The commentary is ridiculously horrible for no good reason at all. Even Impact has better commentary than Raw or Smackdown and they have Josh freaking Mathews, whom I would fire out of a cannon into the sun if I could.

Everything on WWE programming for the last ~5 years has ultimately come down to three things: making an aging part timer in Lesnar look good, making a horrible wrestler who isn't over in Roman Reigns look good, or making the McMahon family look good.

They'll bury the entire roster to make those three things happen, and they've done it dozens of times. Most recently this Sunday.

There was absolutely zero reason to do the champ vs champ thing at Survivor Series. Lesnar pinning Styles doesn't help Lesnar because he's already booked as strongly as anyone, and taking a clean loss as WWE Champion just buries Styles, the belt, and pretty much the entire Smackdown roster. All in the name of making Lesnar look one tiny iota better when Reigns ultimately squashes him in the main event of Wrestlemania.

They used the top Smackdown title as a prop, a mere stepping stone, to pay off a Raw match months down the line.
Ring of Honor and Lucha Underground are subsidiaries of larger corporations and thus under far more scrutiny.

If a wrestler gets seriously injured wrestling for in Ring Of Honor or Lucha Underground or sues either of those companies it probably isn't making much news outside of wrestling circles. If a Wrestler in the WWE does either of those things it would get mainstream headlines.

Places like Lucha Underground which have it's roots in Lucha Libre wrestling and NJPW which has its roots in Japanese strong style wrestling are culturally different the WWE's American regional carnival wrestling roots. The people that work and run those promotions have different expectations from the wrestling talent.

There is probably far less emphasis on wrestling technical ability or high flying in the WWE than there is for promotions like NJPW and Lucha Underground. Cole would probably end up injuring some WWE wrestler with his old finisher because some of these guys don't come from wrestling backgrounds and never learned what to do when taking certain non-WWE approved moves.

Wrestler's in the WWE have a limited moveset for two reasons. One is safety and the other is signature moves. Moves like Spear or DDT is considered safe moves and has multiple wrestlers using it also as a signature move.

We all know the WWE has double standards. Wrestlers Vince see as his top guys can get away with going things other wrestlers can't. Undertaker and Kane get to do tombstone piledrivers because they have been around for years as top talents and Vince trusts them.

I agree with everything else you said though. The scripted promos suck, the over reliance on aging stars is a sever handicap that will bite the WWE in the ass one day

__________________
All aboard the Pork Chop Express!
chamber-music is offline  
Old 11-21-2017, 02:18 PM   #774
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick
 
Dr. Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 49,050
Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Is Under...Siege! - Part 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereCoyote View Post
I would have assumed they were who Paige was talking about when she said she didn't come alone. No way did I think they'd bring up Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville.
Peyton and Billie do not need a third person, they are great on their own.

It's been hinted that there will be three females to debut tonight:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
But not Peyton and Billie. Rumors are Ruby Riot and Liv Morgan. Casey Michael from Squared Circle Sirens hints that the third woman is a name that is going to surprise people. If I had to guess I'll say either Kelly Kelly or Brie Bella.

Dr. Evil is offline  
Old 11-21-2017, 02:31 PM   #775
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick
 
Dr. Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 49,050
Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Is Under...Siege! - Part 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
We all know the WWE has double standards. Wrestlers Vince see as his top guys can get away with going things other wrestlers can't. Undertaker and Kane get to do tombstone piledrivers because they have been around for years as top talents and Vince trusts them.

I agree with everything else you said though. The scripted promos suck, the over reliance on aging stars is a sever handicap that will bite the WWE in the ass one day
The WWE has had double standards for decades, going back to Hogan. As for scripted promos, it depends on who it is. The WWE shows double standards there too. Let's say for Raw 25th Anniversary, The Rock came back. Nobody in the WWE is going to give The Rock a script for his promos and it allows him to do and say whatever he wants. He can say "ass" a million times in a row and there is nothing the WWE can do, because he's the Rock, and well......he's above the WWE at this point. When he returned to Monday Night Raw the day after the 2016 Royal Rumble, I highly doubt the backstage stuff was scripted.

Dr. Evil is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:55 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.