The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 01:15 PM   #701
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue
 
UltimateWebhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 11,103
Default Re: With Great Power, Comes Great Lounging - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Although, not to be the bearer of bad news...an Ultimate Edition of the trilogy will be out next year, so it may have been a waste of money. I only picked up TDKR by itself on Blu-ray after knowing about the UE.
Absolutely. I'll be picking that one up next year as well. I decided not to buy TDKR until then.

UltimateWebhead is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 01:36 PM   #702
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 72,470
Default Re: With Great Power, Comes Great Lounging - Part 9

I won't care that much about it, all I really care for is the movie
I can find some of the extra content on youtube

__________________
FIGHT CLUB: Marvel vs DC, ANYTHING
STATE YOUR OPINION ON A CHARACTER: MARVEL, DC

YOUTUBE
Michael Keaton's Batman is the ASMR master of superheroes.

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 02:59 PM   #703
SymbioticToxin
Hello, bird
 
SymbioticToxin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Up on Melancholy Hill
Posts: 6,616
Default Re: With Great Power, Comes Great Lounging - Part 9

Ya know what other Superman villain I'd like to see? Parasite. Especially if they make him like the Superman TAS version.

SymbioticToxin is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 03:01 PM   #704
GENERAL RAAM582
A Rebellion Built on Hope
 
GENERAL RAAM582's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ, USA
Posts: 12,526
Default Re: With Great Power, Comes Great Lounging - Part 9

I want to see Metallo.

GENERAL RAAM582 is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 03:05 PM   #705
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 72,470
Default Re: With Great Power, Comes Great Lounging - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticToxin View Post
Ya know what other Superman villain I'd like to see? Parasite. Especially if they make him like the Superman TAS version.
I agree

__________________
FIGHT CLUB: Marvel vs DC, ANYTHING
STATE YOUR OPINION ON A CHARACTER: MARVEL, DC

YOUTUBE
Michael Keaton's Batman is the ASMR master of superheroes.

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 11:28 PM   #706
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: With Great Power, Comes Great Lounging - Part 9

So I'm watching that 12 12 12 concert....man, Kanye used to be good.

College Dropout and Late Registration were amazing CDs, Graduation was okay but then it went all downhill from then on out.

Really think his mother's death and his break up with Alexis Phifer really ****ed him up emotionally, mentally, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
Absolutely. I'll be picking that one up next year as well. I decided not to buy TDKR until then.
Why would you pick up a trilogy box set if you think TDKR was a disappointment?


Last edited by Anno_Domini; 12-12-2012 at 11:31 PM.
Anno_Domini is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 11:50 PM   #707
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA
 
VenomSpawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 6,223
Default Re: With Great Power, Comes Great Lounging - Part 9

Watching the 12/12/12 concert too. Paul McCartney is killing it. Helter Skelter is such an awesome song, glad he opened with it.

__________________
VenomSpawn is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 01:05 PM   #708
Oscorp
Side-Kick
 
Oscorp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10,403
Default Re: With Great Power, Comes Great Lounging - Part 9

OK watch this the way it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LQChz_pt7Y

I just can't stop laughing at their drunk voices hahaha!

Oscorp is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 04:11 PM   #709
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue
 
UltimateWebhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 11,103
Default Re: With Great Power, Comes Great Lounging - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Why would you pick up a trilogy box set if you think TDKR was a disappointment?
See! This is the kind of response that you should have given when you decided to quote my post when I said that I thought TDKR was a disappointment instead of just throwing ASM under the bus as you usually do.

But, to answer your question...I did find TDKR to be a disappointment only because I had such high hopes or expectations for the film. It failed to deliver on those, however, I still found the movie overall to be enjoyable enough that it didn't harm the trilogy. Does that make sense? TDKR is by far the weaker of the three but the DK trilogy is now one of my fav trilogies and a weak-er 3rd entry will not stop me from purchasing the trilogy. Capiche?

UltimateWebhead is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 04:41 PM   #710
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: With Great Power, Comes Great Lounging - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
See! This is the kind of response that you should have given when you decided to quote my post when I said that I thought TDKR was a disappointment instead of just throwing ASM under the bus as you usually do.
What? I didn't even know you were ever getting TDKR until you just said that.

Give me a break for not being able to see into the future

Quote:
But, to answer your question...I did find TDKR to be a disappointment only because I had such high hopes or expectations for the film. It failed to deliver on those, however, I still found the movie overall to be enjoyable enough that it didn't harm the trilogy. Does that make sense? TDKR is by far the weaker of the three but the DK trilogy is now one of my fav trilogies and a weak-er 3rd entry will not stop me from purchasing the trilogy. Capiche?
No, lol. By looking at my Blu-ray/DVD collection, I can't say I own a film that I feel disappointed by or would ruin a trilogy(hence why I don't own the prequel Star Wars trilogy).

Anno_Domini is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 04:58 PM   #711
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 72,470
Default Re: With Great Power, Comes Great Lounging - Part 9

Why do I drink soda from one time to another when I see all there is about it is short lived good flavor?

__________________
FIGHT CLUB: Marvel vs DC, ANYTHING
STATE YOUR OPINION ON A CHARACTER: MARVEL, DC

YOUTUBE
Michael Keaton's Batman is the ASMR master of superheroes.

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 05:03 PM   #712
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue
 
UltimateWebhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 11,103
Default Re: With Great Power, Comes Great Lounging - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
What? I didn't even know you were ever getting TDKR until you just said that.

Give me a break for not being able to see into the future
I was referring to the post a couple of pages ago when I responded to a video and said that TDKR was a disappointment. Your reply to my post was something along the lines of "what does that make TASM?" It wasn't an appropriate response to my post.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
No, lol. By looking at my Blu-ray/DVD collection, I can't say I own a film that I feel disappointed by or would ruin a trilogy(hence why I don't own the prequel Star Wars trilogy).
You misunderstood me. IMO, TDKR did NOT ruin the trilogy and therefore I will be purchasing it.

UltimateWebhead is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 05:10 PM   #713
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: With Great Power, Comes Great Lounging - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
I was referring to the post a couple of pages ago when I responded to a video and said that TDKR was a disappointment. Your reply to my post was something along the lines of "what does that make TASM?" It wasn't an appropriate response to my post.
I am aware of this, but as I said. Why would I ask why you're still buying TDKR when I didn't know until now? See? As I said, I can't look into the future.

Plus, I ask that because saying TDKR is a disappointment is definitely low brow since you're saying this after a Honest Trailer trailer that doesn't even make sense when they're making fun of TAS-M or Avengers.

Quote:
You misunderstood me. IMO, TDKR did NOT ruin the trilogy and therefore I will be purchasing it.
I guess I can't wrap my mind on something being a disappointment and not ruining a trilogy.

Spider-Man 3 was a disappointment and ruined Raimi's trilogy, hence why I only own Spider-Man 2(and probably getting Spider-Man pretty soon once again).

Anno_Domini is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 06:11 PM   #714
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue
 
UltimateWebhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 11,103
Default Re: With Great Power, Comes Great Lounging - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Plus, I ask that because saying TDKR is a disappointment is definitely low brow since you're saying this after a Honest Trailer trailer that doesn't even make sense when they're making fun of TAS-M or Avengers.
Have I done anything in the past the would warrant calling me a 'low brow' type poster? I was commenting on the video about TDKR. Simple as that.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
I guess I can't wrap my mind on something being a disappointment and not ruining a trilogy.

Spider-Man 3 was a disappointment and ruined Raimi's trilogy, hence why I only own Spider-Man 2(and probably getting Spider-Man pretty soon once again).
I still found TDKR to be enjoyable even though it failed to meet expectations. SM3 is a different story. That movie was a complete disaster. The only reason I happen to own a copy of SM3, as I've said before many times, is because initially when the movies came available on Bluray they were only purchaseable as a trilogy.

UltimateWebhead is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 06:21 PM   #715
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: With Great Power, Comes Great Lounging - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
Have I done anything in the past the would warrant calling me a 'low brow' type poster? I was commenting on the video about TDKR. Simple as that.
Quote:
lol. TDKR was a disappointment.
That didn't sound like it was towards the trailer at all except for the 'lol'.

And nor did I say you've done anything low brow; only said THAT remark was low brow.

Quote:
I still found TDKR to be enjoyable even though it failed to meet expectations. SM3 is a different story. That movie was a complete disaster. The only reason I happen to own a copy of SM3, as I've said before many times, is because initially when the movies came available on Bluray they were only purchaseable as a trilogy.
Hrm, to each their own. I never thought someone could enjoy a film when it didn't meet their expectations. But, as I said, to each their own.

Anno_Domini is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 07:23 PM   #716
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue
 
UltimateWebhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 11,103
Default Re: With Great Power, Comes Great Lounging - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
That didn't sound like it was towards the trailer at all except for the 'lol'.
There was a reasoning behind my comment; it wasn't flame based. That could have been resolved much easier had you attempted to qualify my statement. I think it could have been seen as a flame-based or baiting type comment had I targeted you in some way, which I did not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
And nor did I say you've done anything low brow; only said THAT remark was low brow.
For as much crap as you are given on these boards for laying into ASM...I would think you could see fit to give me some leeway when commenting on a video. I still don't think the comment was low brow. That's not my style.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Hrm, to each their own. I never thought someone could enjoy a film when it didn't meet their expectations. But, as I said, to each their own.
Disappointing has various levels imo. There's the utter failure of such movies as SM3 or even the Star Wars prequels as you made mention of (another set of films I do not own). TDKR was still a decent movie despite it's shortcomings.

UltimateWebhead is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 10:14 PM   #717
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: With Great Power, Comes Great Lounging - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
There was a reasoning behind my comment; it wasn't flame based. That could have been resolved much easier had you attempted to qualify my statement. I think it could have been seen as a flame-based or baiting type comment had I targeted you in some way, which I did not.
But once again, I didn't know you were even getting TDKR as you've already said before you didn't like the film. One usually doesn't get a Blu-ray of a movie they don't like.

Quote:
For as much crap as you are given on these boards for laying into ASM...I would think you could see fit to give me some leeway when commenting on a video. I still don't think the comment was low brow. That's not my style.
Sure, I could, but as someone who also has a dislike for Honest Trailers in general and someone who replied with that video, one would say something as I did. I even mentioned that I hate Honest Trailers' stuff before.

Quote:
Disappointing has various levels imo. There's the utter failure of such movies as SM3 or even the Star Wars prequels as you made mention of (another set of films I do not own). TDKR was still a decent movie despite it's shortcomings.
Still confusing, but if you understand your own logic, then kudos, haha. I just have one level of disappointment, lol.

Anno_Domini is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 11:22 PM   #718
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue
 
UltimateWebhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 11,103
Default Re: With Great Power, Comes Great Lounging - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
But once again, I didn't know you were even getting TDKR as you've already said before you didn't like the film. One usually doesn't get a Blu-ray of a movie they don't like.
I honestly wish I liked TDKR more but I don't hate it. Far from that actually. It's just not nearly as good as I hoped, thus the disappointment. I still don't own BB nor TDK for that matter and purchasing this upcoming trilogy will be a welcome addition to my collection.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Sure, I could, but as someone who also has a dislike for Honest Trailers in general and someone who replied with that video, one would say something as I did. I even mentioned that I hate Honest Trailers' stuff before.
I didn't know you had a hatred/dislike for Honest Trailers. I can understand why, I suppose, but I don't take it seriously. It's just funny satirical nonsense.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Still confusing, but if you understand your own logic, then kudos, haha. I just have one level of disappointment, lol.
There's various levels of 'dislike' just as there are various levels of 'like.' So, no, it's not confusing to me at all.

UltimateWebhead is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 11:39 PM   #719
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: With Great Power, Comes Great Lounging - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
I honestly wish I liked TDKR more but I don't hate it. Far from that actually. It's just not nearly as good as I hoped, thus the disappointment. I still don't own BB nor TDK for that matter and purchasing this upcoming trilogy will be a welcome addition to my collection.
Another reason why you're probably getting the trilogy box set. I see, lol. So it's not just to get a film that you deem disappointing, haha.

Quote:
I didn't know you had a hatred/dislike for Honest Trailers. I can understand why, I suppose, but I don't take it seriously. It's just funny satirical nonsense.
I just find them not funny. And to make fun of Batman's "throat cancer" voice in the TDK and TDKR trailers when the voice they use for the trailers feels like nails scratching a chalkboard. Needless to say, I don't find them funny. Even with a movie I didn't like myself(TAS-M), it wasn't funny at all.

Quote:
There's various levels of 'dislike' just as there are various levels of 'like.' So, no, it's not confusing to me at all.
Once again, confusing, lol. I just have 'like' as I have just 'dislike', lol.

Anno_Domini is offline  
Old 12-14-2012, 01:14 AM   #720
bullets
bang bang
 
bullets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: in the abstract
Posts: 28,483
Default Re: With Great Power, Comes Great Lounging - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticToxin View Post
I kinda feel you could have Luthor and Metallo in a movie together. After all, they both use kryptonite *Metallo using it a bit more to function*, and it looks like the military are gonna be a bit weary of Supes, so it could work if you do it right.

That's what I'm hoping for.

Man of Steel - Zod

Man of Steel 2 - Lex , Metallo or Brainiac

Justice League - Darkseid , Lex

Man of Steel 3- Doomsday

bullets is offline  
Old 12-14-2012, 03:21 AM   #721
Oscorp
Side-Kick
 
Oscorp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10,403
Default Re: With Great Power, Comes Great Lounging - Part 9

I'm on your side Webhead! You're still one of the few good posters here.

"Instead of just throwing ASM under the bus as you usually do" really hit the nail there!

Also, there's nothing confusing about having levels of disappointment. A film might not meet ones' expectations but can still be enjoyable. Hobbit is an example of that to many people it seems. A film might have the chance of being a "masterpiece" but ends up being "just good". That doesn't mean the film is unwatchable.

Oscorp is offline  
Old 12-14-2012, 04:11 AM   #722
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?
 
TheWallCrawler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 6,559
Default Re: With Great Power, Comes Great Lounging - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticToxin View Post
Ya know what other Superman villain I'd like to see? Parasite. Especially if they make him like the Superman TAS version.
story like TAS, design something like this


TheWallCrawler is offline  
Old 12-14-2012, 06:59 AM   #723
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 72,470
Default Re: With Great Power, Comes Great Lounging - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWallCrawler View Post
story like TAS, design something like this

That's his design from Young Justice?

__________________
FIGHT CLUB: Marvel vs DC, ANYTHING
STATE YOUR OPINION ON A CHARACTER: MARVEL, DC

YOUTUBE
Michael Keaton's Batman is the ASMR master of superheroes.

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline  
Old 12-14-2012, 11:36 AM   #724
SymbioticToxin
Hello, bird
 
SymbioticToxin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Up on Melancholy Hill
Posts: 6,616
Default Re: With Great Power, Comes Great Lounging - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWallCrawler View Post
story like TAS, design something like this

YES!
I endorse this.

SymbioticToxin is offline  
Old 12-14-2012, 11:43 AM   #725
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: With Great Power, Comes Great Lounging - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
I'm on your side Webhead! You're still one of the few good posters here.

"Instead of just throwing ASM under the bus as you usually do" really hit the nail there!

Also, there's nothing confusing about having levels of disappointment. A film might not meet ones' expectations but can still be enjoyable. Hobbit is an example of that to many people it seems. A film might have the chance of being a "masterpiece" but ends up being "just good". That doesn't mean the film is unwatchable.
Is this necessary? UltimateWebhead and I are speaking. No need to say "Oh, you really hit the nail there!"

Anno_Domini is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.