The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2017, 07:22 AM   #726
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 52,739
Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Is Under...Siege! - Part 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
I wonder how he feels about several of his NXT guys getting punked out all in the name of Shane looking good for the most part I was half expecting Trips himself to lose to Shane' SuperShane for the win.
He went over in the end, so that's all that really matters. Like he didn't have a say in how that finish went at all? C'mon.

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline  
Old 11-20-2017, 07:47 AM   #727
javonstokess
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,463
Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Is Under...Siege! - Part 247

Yup, I'm tired of Triple H. If I never see him in front of the camera again I'd be a happy man.

javonstokess is offline  
Old 11-20-2017, 07:51 AM   #728
Mani-Man
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 977
Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Is Under...Siege! - Part 247

The survivor series main event was all kinds of wrong and showed what is wrong in the whole WWE.

But im really curious what HHH thinks about this all?
The guy has to know that this wasnt good, that this is not what the fans want from the wwe.

How can you be the guy who shows the future with NXT and only one day later be the guy who spits on this future? i dont know.

Either way, overall SS wasnt too bad but the main event drags it down extremely.

Mani-Man is online now  
Old 11-20-2017, 07:53 AM   #729
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 52,739
Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Is Under...Siege! - Part 247

I think Triple H has a hard time letting go his being a monster top guy in WWE.

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline  
Old 11-20-2017, 09:49 AM   #730
chamber-music
Infinity Ammo
 
chamber-music's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 33,956
Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Is Under...Siege! - Part 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDX View Post
I think a portion of it is that WWE is a live product that should be influenced by its audience. It can change stories and characters based on crowd reaction but choose not to to tell their single minded story.

When Nigel McGuinness was champ in ROH he was saddled with an injury more than once, and the fans started to react to him in a negative light. I was there booing along with them, especially after he was injured on Saturday in a match with Austin Aries and couldn't perform the next night in the main event. This was yet another injury, a concussion (and yet he wobbled across the street for a sandwich from Quiznos before the show in nice, illegal fashion) that kept him from performing. ROH didn't strip him and crown a new champion which ticked us all off. So instead of trying to keep Nigel a face, they used this to start a heel turn that worked for him. It was a great use of crowd reaction.

WWE doesn't do this anymore and that hurts them. If they don't like what they see and WWE, who has the ability to change it by gauging the climate of the crowd, doesn't change the story, fans will tune out and rightfully so.
NXT changes wrestlers depending on the reaction wrestlers get from the audience. Cien Almas and Austin Aries went heel after not really getting over as faces.
Quote:
Originally Posted by famicommander View Post
My dislike of WWE has nothing to do with its popularity relative to the other promotions. WCW was my favorite promotion when they were on top, WWF was my favorite promotion for a good long while.

It's because not one single wrestler is better once they get to WWE than they were before they got there.

Not one. They have it within their ability to put on incredible wrestling shows every night of the year and they do it 2-3 times per year at most.

Every time they sign a talent they immediately go to work eroding what makes them special. If they're a great high flyer, they get grounded. If they're great at shoot promos, they get 20 minute scripted promos. If they're great mat wrestlers, they get ignored entirely. If their moveset is based on high impact strikes or piledrivers, they get taken away.

They have the most talent, the biggest platform, the most resources, the most experience, the best production... and they still put on terrible shows consistently.

They are a plague on this industry. With every talent they sign, they decrease the overall quality of wrestling available to fans.

Instead of watching Kevin Steen and El Generico feud with the Young Bucks, Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn are taking on freaking Breezango on a preshow.
Most of what you just said can be summed up to the WWE being a major American corporate entertainment company with shareholders that is terrified of getting more lawsuits or generating another scandal.

Wrestlers that get too many concussions in the WWE are now forced to retire. Chair shots to the head and other unprotected head hitting moves are mostly banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Also, this current run as one half of The Bar is the only time I have liked Sheamus.
I liked Cesaro's Uppercats tag team with Tyson Kidd better more than his tag team.

__________________
All aboard the Pork Chop Express!
chamber-music is offline  
Old 11-20-2017, 10:00 AM   #731
javonstokess
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,463
Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Is Under...Siege! - Part 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani-Man View Post
The survivor series main event was all kinds of wrong and showed what is wrong in the whole WWE.

But im really curious what HHH thinks about this all?
The guy has to know that this wasnt good, that this is not what the fans want from the wwe.

How can you be the guy who shows the future with NXT and only one day later be the guy who spits on this future? i dont know.

Either way, overall SS wasnt too bad but the main event drags it down extremely.
I've resigned myself to the FACT that the WWE is not really interested in building stars to the level that Austin and Rock were. I mean, that's the only explanation.

Think about every WWE superstar that was truly on the verge of becoming "big":

Dean Ambrose: Push killed by rudderless feud with Dolph Ziggler and move to Smackdown
Sasha Banks: Constantly loses title IMMEDIATELY after winning it.
Bayley: Embarrassed and ruined in feud to Alexa Bliss.
The New Day: Stuck in the tag division and not even looked at for solo title runs.
Braun Stroman: At the HEIGHT of his popularity, he's pinned with ONE F5 by Lesnar.
AJ Styles: fed to Roman Reigns and then stuck feuding over the US title while Jindar Mahal has the main title
Bray Wyatt: REPEATED pins and then gets the main title taken off him after less than a month to Randy Orton who just gives it up to Mahal.
Finn Balor: While being one of the most over wrestlers on the roster, he was stuck in a bizarre feud with Wyatt and hasn't sniffed the Universal title since losing it to injury.
Roman Reigns: Even though he'd make an awesome villain, stuck being forced down fans throats as Cena-esque "underdog hero".
Enzo and Cass: Should have had at least ONE tag title run, but pushed to the background by the returning over-the-hill Hardy Boyz and then broken in an a "too long to be entertaining" feud.

I could go on and on, but you get the idea. WWE has no real desire to have transcendant stars because they "know better" than the fans instead of listening to the fans like they used to when they HAD TO because competition was strong.

javonstokess is offline  
Old 11-20-2017, 10:03 AM   #732
TheFuture
Rising
 
TheFuture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Dublin
Posts: 7,430
Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Is Under...Siege! - Part 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Watching the main event right now. The Nakamura and Roode eliminations are all time horse crap.
Even weirder that Joe was made to look like a beast in defeat.

They're persisting with making Roode look like a goof who isn't taking things seriously so wasn't surprised by his role in the match. Nakamura was what it was; they've haven't made him a big enough deal to be hurt by last night. Zayn and Owens laughable, chased off by Shane ffs.

Asuka looked like a beast so happy with that.

AJ and Brock was fine.....but I'm still bored once Brock steps into the ring because I already know the finish before it happens.

Usos are great, mad turnaround for them and shows how the split can be good if it allows superstars to get over.

__________________
Stop this madness at once in the name of your King /angryface

Last edited by TheFuture; 11-20-2017 at 10:06 AM.
TheFuture is offline  
Old 11-20-2017, 10:08 AM   #733
javonstokess
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,463
Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Is Under...Siege! - Part 247

I'm flat out bored and tired of Brock Lesnar with the belt.

I get it, he's big, does suplexes and was in UFC. *Snore*

javonstokess is offline  
Old 11-20-2017, 10:15 AM   #734
NDX
Walking with Elias.
 
NDX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: King of Queens.
Posts: 25,043
Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Is Under...Siege! - Part 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture View Post
AJ and Brock was fine.....but I'm still bored once Brock steps into the ring because I already know the finish before it happens.
It was even more obvious because of the scoring last night. If they were smart, they would have closed the show on that match and at least made it seem AJ had a chance, especially with how the match was booked and how close it looked at times.

NDX is offline  
Old 11-20-2017, 12:07 PM   #735
nite-owl
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 11,501
Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Is Under...Siege! - Part 247

The pedigree Triple H gave Kurt Angle was pretty sloppy.

nite-owl is online now  
Old 11-20-2017, 12:32 PM   #736
Pink Ranger
Happy Mothers' Day
 
Pink Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 32,800
Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Is Under...Siege! - Part 247

I have to be honest, the main event last night affirmed that cancelling my subscription earlier this month was a good call.

__________________
Mandroid. Mercenary. Scientist. Ninja. Each one a specialist. Together they are ...

ELIMINATORS!
Coming January 31, 1986, to VHS and video CD
Pink Ranger is offline  
Old 11-20-2017, 12:40 PM   #737
nite-owl
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 11,501
Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Is Under...Siege! - Part 247

I personally thought it was the best main event 2006 had to offer.

nite-owl is online now  
Old 11-20-2017, 03:23 PM   #738
Darkness Falls
We Could Be Heroes.....
 
Darkness Falls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Queensland, Australia
Posts: 13,301
Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Is Under...Siege! - Part 247

i was more annoyed that roode and nakamura got jobbed out like punks
like fair enough braun is booked like a monster but come on

last years raw vs smackdown 5 on 5 was much better booked
this just felt like the match was a set piece for hhh vs angle

smackdown came off looking like the B show

__________________
"I beg of you my son, please choose happiness. Unless you feel a calling — a true calling." – Thomas Wayne
Darkness Falls is offline  
Old 11-20-2017, 03:49 PM   #739
Pink Ranger
Happy Mothers' Day
 
Pink Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 32,800
Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Is Under...Siege! - Part 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by nite-owl View Post
I personally thought it was the best main event 2006 had to offer.

I had to read that twice.

__________________
Mandroid. Mercenary. Scientist. Ninja. Each one a specialist. Together they are ...

ELIMINATORS!
Coming January 31, 1986, to VHS and video CD
Pink Ranger is offline  
Old 11-20-2017, 04:14 PM   #740
famicommander
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 2,776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
NXT changes wrestlers depending on the reaction wrestlers get from the audience. Cien Almas and Austin Aries went heel after not really getting over as faces.

Most of what you just said can be summed up to the WWE being a major American corporate entertainment company with shareholders that is terrified of getting more lawsuits or generating another scandal.

Wrestlers that get too many concussions in the WWE are now forced to retire. Chair shots to the head and other unprotected head hitting moves are mostly banned.
Nobody said anything about unprotected chair shots but there is a basic flaw in your argument.

Ring of Honor and Lucha Underground are both owned by companies that are somewhere in the realm of 10X larger than WWE, if not more. And yet they don't have the issues WWE has.

Not letting guys use certain moves isn't about safety, really. It's about saving certain moves for certain guys.

They took away Rhino's gore, arguably the best spear we've ever seen in this business, because Roman Reigns is terrible and they want Rhino to stop making his weak ass spear look bad.

They took away both of Adam Cole's finishers, one of which was a frontflip piledriver. And yet Undertaker and Kane get away with using piledrivers whenever they want, and the tombstone is specifically the one that broke Steve Austin's neck.

And the garbage promos WWE does has nothing at all to do with safety. It's because they have dozens of dozens of hired writers that have zero experience in the business, writing promos for talent that is used to doing their mic work freestyle, or just on bullet points.

The commentary is ridiculously horrible for no good reason at all. Even Impact has better commentary than Raw or Smackdown and they have Josh freaking Mathews, whom I would fire out of a cannon into the sun if I could.

Everything on WWE programming for the last ~5 years has ultimately come down to three things: making an aging part timer in Lesnar look good, making a horrible wrestler who isn't over in Roman Reigns look good, or making the McMahon family look good.

They'll bury the entire roster to make those three things happen, and they've done it dozens of times. Most recently this Sunday.

There was absolutely zero reason to do the champ vs champ thing at Survivor Series. Lesnar pinning Styles doesn't help Lesnar because he's already booked as strongly as anyone, and taking a clean loss as WWE Champion just buries Styles, the belt, and pretty much the entire Smackdown roster. All in the name of making Lesnar look one tiny iota better when Reigns ultimately squashes him in the main event of Wrestlemania.

They used the top Smackdown title as a prop, a mere stepping stone, to pay off a Raw match months down the line.

famicommander is offline  
Old 11-20-2017, 05:12 PM   #741
Wheels
Eat my shorts
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Wheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Springfield
Posts: 16,363
Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Is Under...Siege! - Part 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
He went over in the end, so that's all that really matters. Like he didn't have a say in how that finish went at all? C'mon.
He did. Not denying that, but he did put Braun over which is more than Shane did. There's no reason for making someone like Shane look like he does.

Wheels is offline  
Old 11-20-2017, 06:03 PM   #742
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!
 
Docker2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Neva Neva land
Posts: 24,127
Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Is Under...Siege! - Part 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by nite-owl View Post
Did he fall off the ramp?

__________________
A united Marvel is unstoppable! F4 and X-men back at Marvel at Disney!??!?!............nothing is stopping that ship!
Docker2.0 is offline  
Old 11-20-2017, 06:38 PM   #743
famicommander
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 2,776
Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Is Under...Siege! - Part 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
He did. Not denying that, but he did put Braun over which is more than Shane did. There's no reason for making someone like Shane look like he does.
Of course there was a reason. Because he's a McMahon.

I didn't day it was a good reason.

famicommander is offline  
Old 11-20-2017, 08:52 PM   #744
LOBO3315a
Artificial Intelligence
 
LOBO3315a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: In a television, ob-ob-ob-obviously!
Posts: 11,096
Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Is Under...Siege! - Part 247

Paige!!!!

LOBO3315a is offline  
Old 11-20-2017, 09:09 PM   #745
LOBO3315a
Artificial Intelligence
 
LOBO3315a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: In a television, ob-ob-ob-obviously!
Posts: 11,096
Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Is Under...Siege! - Part 247

I like that sign "Braun Played The Game!"

LOBO3315a is offline  
Old 11-20-2017, 09:22 PM   #746
Pink Ranger
Happy Mothers' Day
 
Pink Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 32,800
Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Is Under...Siege! - Part 247

Sonya DeVille on Raw has me somewhat interested again. This might mean Asuka goes to SD though, if the Raw women's story is going to revolve around Paige and Co.

__________________
Mandroid. Mercenary. Scientist. Ninja. Each one a specialist. Together they are ...

ELIMINATORS!
Coming January 31, 1986, to VHS and video CD
Pink Ranger is offline  
Old 11-20-2017, 09:25 PM   #747
Angryfantasyfan
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,355
Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Is Under...Siege! - Part 247

Paige and two call ups? That's a lot of women on Raw.

Angryfantasyfan is offline  
Old 11-20-2017, 10:04 PM   #748
Wheels
Eat my shorts
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Wheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Springfield
Posts: 16,363
Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Is Under...Siege! - Part 247

I barely know anything about Mandy Rose. She hasn't done much on NXT and I never took an interest in her to find out more. Hope she's a nice surprise.

Wheels is offline  
Old 11-20-2017, 10:13 PM   #749
LOBO3315a
Artificial Intelligence
 
LOBO3315a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: In a television, ob-ob-ob-obviously!
Posts: 11,096
Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Is Under...Siege! - Part 247

Roman Reigns is your NEW Intercontinental Champion!

LOBO3315a is offline  
Old 11-20-2017, 10:17 PM   #750
SuperBatman
Side-Kick
 
SuperBatman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 8,424
Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Is Under...Siege! - Part 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOBO3315a View Post
Roman Reigns is your NEW Intercontinental Champion!
Blah

SuperBatman is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:35 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.