The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Marvel's The Inhumans

View Poll Results: Are you excited about this show?
Yes 59 85.51%
No 10 14.49%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-06-2017, 03:03 PM   #376
Random490
Side-Kick

Default Re: ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
Has anyone brought up the fact that Gorgon's hooves disappeared? Not this last episode, but the one before he was just walking around in boots.
I believe it was stated that the hooves were covered by the boots when he went to Earth. Basically a lazy was to avoid effects, even though you can easily make that a practical effect.

Random490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 04:42 PM   #377
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Default Re: ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...) - Part 2

The hooves are clearly a practical effect. It's just that they cause the actor to be unsteady on his feet. Those who thought they've disappeared weren't paying attention. They've made it clear from episode two (the second hour of the pilot) that he wears the boots to disguise his hooves. Is it realistic? Maybe not entirely, but they at least explained it.

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 12:50 AM   #378
psylockolussus
Fierce User

psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 01:13 AM   #379
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Murdock View Post
The hooves are clearly a practical effect. It's just that they cause the actor to be unsteady on his feet. Those who thought they've disappeared weren't paying attention. They've made it clear from episode two (the second hour of the pilot) that he wears the boots to disguise his hooves. Is it realistic? Maybe not entirely, but they at least explained it.
Soon every distinguishing feature will be ...extinguished (or cut off)

Old 11-12-2017, 05:34 AM   #380
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick

Where does the show fit in with AoS timeline-wise?

Saitou Hajime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 07:22 AM   #381
Random490
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saitou Hajime View Post
Where does the show fit in with AoS timeline-wise?
Some point after season 2. That's all the info that's been given.

Old 11-13-2017, 07:33 AM   #382
misjuevos
WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

I really like the inhumans, but this show really disappointed so far. I am looking forward to the kree stuff though. I really like the kree and we know that the new season of Agents of SHIELD are using the kree. So it is pretty easy to put two and two together. The threat that blackbolt is talking about is the Kree.

One of my favorite Inhuman stories is from 2000, where the kree come to earth to take the inhumans into space and use them as weapons.

I am thinking the kree couldn't sense the inhumans under the dome, but now it is gone the kree can find them and that is why they have returned to earth. Or atleast with all the inhuman awakenings from AOS they have peaked the interest of the Kree. But now that blackbolt is in play I think the kree really want him.

I really think blackbolt doesn't seem to powerful, aside from his voice, he doesn't seem to have super strength and can't fly. I am hoping this is just an oversight that will be corrected, or at the very least he has been holding back. We shall see when he fights the kree.

Old 11-26-2017, 11:45 AM   #383
eon001
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by misjuevos View Post
I really like the inhumans, but this show really disappointed so far. I am looking forward to the kree stuff though. I really like the kree and we know that the new season of Agents of SHIELD are using the kree. So it is pretty easy to put two and two together. The threat that blackbolt is talking about is the Kree.

One of my favorite Inhuman stories is from 2000, where the kree come to earth to take the inhumans into space and use them as weapons.

I am thinking the kree couldn't sense the inhumans under the dome, but now it is gone the kree can find them and that is why they have returned to earth. Or atleast with all the inhuman awakenings from AOS they have peaked the interest of the Kree. But now that blackbolt is in play I think the kree really want him.

I really think blackbolt doesn't seem to powerful, aside from his voice, he doesn't seem to have super strength and can't fly. I am hoping this is just an oversight that will be corrected, or at the very least he has been holding back. We shall see when he fights the kree.
Yea I feel the Kree have been severely underused int he MCU in general. Fleeting appearance's in Guardians, and a few cameo's on Agent's of Shield.
The best appearance coming from the Kree that gave Sif Amnesia.

I also recently read the 2000 Inhumans story too. It was a great read. I wish it was a little longer though. 4 issues just weren't' enough.

eon001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 11:47 AM   #384
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Every time someone posts in this thread I think of news about Abc canceling Inhumans .

Old 11-29-2017, 08:38 PM   #385
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Yo... I like this show. There are a few things that could have been done to improve it. Visually it's a total crapshoot, like, it's really a CW show visually, but the writing and performances and character arcs and overall plot are miles ahead of most network TV. The first episodes were the weakest, but this keeps getting better and better. There are a few improvements that could have been made, and I'm biased having gone into this with ZERO expectations, but man... this isn't nearly the travesty that people made it out to be. I really like this so far... of course, I'm only on episode 5, but I like it.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 08:49 PM   #386
2kt09
Here 'N' There

I don't even remember how far into it I dropped.

Gunn_______Whedon________Kinberg
Reed________Goyer
2kt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 09:07 PM   #387
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Yeah, I think it has to do with expectations. I'm watching it like it's going to be the worst ever, and I'm enjoying it as much or more than Runaways. More than most seasons of Agents of SHIELD, Arrow and Flash. If only because it takes a storyline usually stretched over 23 episodes and keeps it to 8.

Visually it's weaksauce though. If I had gone to see it in the theatres I'd have been hot.

Old 11-29-2017, 09:21 PM   #388
2kt09
Here 'N' There

The writing and acting didn't work for me whatsoever. You take the worst aspects of AoS and pretty much just plop it here, so I lost interest after some "big" change in development.

Gunn_______Whedon________Kinberg
Reed________Goyer
2kt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 01:46 AM   #389
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Well this is clearly more interesting than any season of Aos.

Old 11-30-2017, 06:24 AM   #390
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Well this is clearly more interesting than any season of Aos.

But not as interesting as it would've been had they gone ahead with the planned Hawaii Five-0 crossover. It was because Daniel Day Kim and Grace Park left while Inhumans was still in production that halted these plans.

Still, they could've had Jorge Garcia, Caan and O'Loughlin in it.

Old 11-30-2017, 07:18 AM   #391
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post

But not as interesting as it would've been had they gone ahead with the planned Hawaii Five-0 crossover. It was because Daniel Day Kim and Grace Park left while Inhumans was still in production that halted these plans.

Wait... WHAAAAAT????

Something about shooting in Hawaii man, it's SO insular. I'm looking at Desmond and I'm like... "Has this dude just been out here since LOST ended?"

Old 11-30-2017, 08:04 AM   #392
psylockolussus
Fierce User

He was in The 100, Scandal and Fringe after Lost ended.

Old 12-13-2017, 01:13 PM   #393
Brawl
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random490 View Post
I believe it was stated that the hooves were covered by the boots when he went to Earth. Basically a lazy was to avoid effects, even though you can easily make that a practical effect.

Really dont need special effects just a good prop man like in Star Trek Discovery.

Brawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 05:17 PM   #394
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

The hooves are a practical effect.

Old 12-22-2017, 08:04 PM   #395
Shakel92
Side-Kick

While I'm a fan of all things Marvel, I doubt ABC will even bother cancelling this show. They will probably just forget about it like most of the population has.

Old 12-22-2017, 08:47 PM   #396
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

A cancellation and a non-renewal are the same thing in television terms, particularly with the way ABC operates. They will either renew this or not renew it. Does forgetting about it instead of cancelling it mean a second season will accidentally get made?

Old 12-22-2017, 11:32 PM   #397
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Nope.

Old 12-23-2017, 12:40 AM   #398
Osiris-Rex
Head-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post

Wait, what? Who said this was going to happen? Why would there be a crossover between an ABC show and a CBS show? Never mind the two show have nothing in common.
H5O being a standard action cop show and MTI being a fantasy superhero show. That would be like DC's Legends of Tomorrow crossing over with Law & Order:SVU. This is a joke, right?

Osiris-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 12:43 AM   #399
psylockolussus
Fierce User

There was never a cross over planned. Dark Raven has a thing for Hawaii filmed shows and wants those shows to cross over from one another.

Old 12-23-2017, 10:05 AM   #400
Random490
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
Wait... WHAAAAAT????

Something about shooting in Hawaii man, it's SO insular. I'm looking at Desmond and I'm like... "Has this dude just been out here since LOST ended?"
He actually stayed there because he didn't want to make kids change schools

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Murdock View Post
The hooves are a practical effect.
Yeah, I'm just saying they still didn't even want to deal with it.