The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Ant-Man > Ant-Man

Old 07-24-2015, 08:35 PM   #1
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Default The Quantum Realm and Magic Eye Books (spoilers)

I think a big discussion I'm seeing (one worth discussing here) is whether there is some character hidden in the Microverse as a cameo. I'd almost be tempted to say "no, we're trying too hard" and make the allusion to magic eye books I made above. That being said, Director Peyton Reed said, "I would say just watch out for something, maybe in the corner of the frame, something you might see also reflected in Ant-Man’s helmet."

I think speculation tends to go in two parts. One is that you see Janet, which would be possible from a story perspective. More interestingly is this theory that the figure we see is "Eternity." For the broader MCU, I think this would make a lot of sense. Eternity is a character who I could see be a big deal in Doctor Strange. More importantly, the use of cosmic entities could open the way for the actual incarnation of Death as Thanos's crush. Certainly, there's a lot of potential there if they have the guts to go down that route.

So what do people think? Did you see something hidden? Is Peyton Reed messing with us? What are your thoughts?

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 12:19 AM   #2
doglee80
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Quantum Realm and Magic Eye Books (spoilers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Murdock View Post
I think a big discussion I'm seeing (one worth discussing here) is whether there is some character hidden in the Microverse as a cameo. I'd almost be tempted to say "no, we're trying too hard" and make the allusion to magic eye books I made above. That being said, Director Peyton Reed said, "I would say just watch out for something, maybe in the corner of the frame, something you might see also reflected in Ant-Man’s helmet."

I think speculation tends to go in two parts. One is that you see Janet, which would be possible from a story perspective. More interestingly is this theory that the figure we see is "Eternity." For the broader MCU, I think this would make a lot of sense. Eternity is a character who I could see be a big deal in Doctor Strange. More importantly, the use of cosmic entities could open the way for the actual incarnation of Death as Thanos's crush. Certainly, there's a lot of potential there if they have the guts to go down that route.

So what do people think? Did you see something hidden? Is Peyton Reed messing with us? What are your thoughts?
I've seen the movie twice and I honestly didn't see anything. There was so much going on that I couldn't pick anything out. I want to believe, though.

doglee80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 01:33 AM   #3
Just_Human
Side-Kick

I saw a pic online - I dont think Im allowed to pist it here - but you could see Wasp's silhouette

Just_Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 11:48 AM   #4
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Restrictions on posting things might make this thread very complicated. Any idea where specifically you saw Janet's silhouette?

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 12:24 PM   #5
SomeOldGuy
Side-Kick

Check the third post down.

http://moviebob.blogspot.com

Not sure if that's actually it, tho. Others have described seeing things in different parts of the scene.

SomeOldGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 01:56 PM   #6
OcStat
Side-Kick

Mentioned this in another thread.

While Ant-Man is continuing to shrink, there is a very big change from shrinking past cells and molecules and atoms, where he enters the scene with the reflecting glass and what not, this moment is also cued with Cassie yelling "Daddy!" just before Scott shrinks into this section. A split second before that, keeping a keen eye out during my 2nd viewing, you can see a woman's silhouette reflected on Scott's helmet.

I've seen the blog above and that image is somebody reaching way to hard, not what I saw as posted above. It is pretty clear in the film.

OcStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 07:51 PM   #7
DarknessOfDeath
Rebel Scoundrel

Very interesting...

Margot Robbie | Ben Affleck | Will Smith | Gal Gadot | Jared Leto
~The New Faces of the DCEU~
DarknessOfDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 07:58 PM   #8
NotSoLongAgo
#spidermansolit

I really hope the sequel is mostly exploring the quantum realm and rescuing Janet. That'd be such a great story to see.

NotSoLongAgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 08:01 PM   #9
DarknessOfDeath
Rebel Scoundrel

I like stuff thats explores those kind of things...I hope we eventually get to see Death...dunno how and when but I hope the time and space aspect of the cosmos gets a little explained more.

Margot Robbie | Ben Affleck | Will Smith | Gal Gadot | Jared Leto
~The New Faces of the DCEU~
DarknessOfDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 09:18 PM   #10
Flint Marko
Bring me Thanos

Seen the movie twice, both times I didn't catch anything. I'll look once I get it on blu-ray, but I'm sure by then someone will have uncovered the answer.

Old 07-27-2015, 01:16 PM   #11
DaddlerTheDalek
Starship Captain

Unfortunatly I didn't catch anything. I was just too mesmerized by that scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Human View Post
I saw a pic online - I dont think Im allowed to pist it here - but you could see Wasp's silhouette
I saw that pic. It looks like Wasp.

DaddlerTheDalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 02:26 PM   #12
BoredGuy
Chairman of the Bored

I was watching very hard during that sequence, and I caught a silhouette above Scott

obviously, it's just a shadow though, so there's really no way to know if it's Wasp, Death, Eternity, The Ancient One, Strange, or anyone else
but I def saw it, and my assumption was that it was Wasp, based on the facts of the flashback

Old 08-11-2015, 11:27 AM   #13
chamber-music
Infinity Ammo

There is a interesting interview with Ant-Man Production VFX Supervisor Jake Morrison at the art of VFX.

Ant-Man passes through five different, distinct environments – Dust Motes, Virus, Molecules, Kaleidoscope and The Void. Each environment scales by many orders of magnitude so the detail level is completely different at each level.

Quantum Physicist Spiros Michalakis consulted on the movie. Spiros said that when you reached deeper into reality, everything effectively co-exists – all possible states exist concurrently. This is why they had many Ant-Men blossoming out of a crazy kaleidoscope and folding back in on themselves.

Old 08-11-2015, 12:00 PM   #14
SomeOldGuy
Side-Kick

Yeah, they have one with the vfx supervisor too...fascinating stuff.

http://www.artofvfx.com/?p=12762

This is just crazy:

Quote:
Was there a shot or sequence that prevented you from sleep?
The shot in the bathtub where the tsunami of water chases and envelopes Ant-Man were the most nerve wracking, due to their complexity. The sims for the shot featuring Ant-Man running away from the torrent of water were incredibly heavy, with the sim for that one shot taking up over 81 terabytes of storage, and due to the refractive and transmissive nature of water in a bright white tub, took over a week to render on our render farm!

SomeOldGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 06:06 PM   #15
Lilbaz
Side-Kick

From the stills it looks like janet (similar to the femsle suit). Would love death, eternity, entropy, and infinity to be more than a mosaic on a floor in the mcu. Would they go that far though? Would the celestials make an appearsnce? I hope so.

Lilbaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 06:52 AM   #16
CrayLee
New User - Level 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
I was watching very hard during that sequence, and I posted about the wealthy affiliate on my blog and caught a silhouette above Scott

obviously, it's just a shadow though, so there's really no way to know if it's Wasp, Death, Eternity, The Ancient One, Strange, or anyone else
but I def saw it, and my assumption was that it was Wasp, based on the facts of the flashback
I thought it was wasp too.

Last edited by CrayLee; 12-26-2016 at 07:14 AM.
CrayLee is offline   Reply With Quote