Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 10:39 AM   #501
E-Man
Cooler than your daddy.

Default Re: EVERYTHING Black Panther - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Thomas View Post

Aloha,
I would agree. I think Marvel may play it safe with any BP movie by first incorporating his story into an Avengers movie, like the animated DVD Ultimate Avengers 2. This way it becomes more an Avengers goes to Africa movie than a African Animistic/Techno/Utopian society movie.A much easier sell for Hollywood.

I have a question for those who are currently checking out The Black Panther in New Avengers. Do you think T'challa will KILL Namor as he has stated twice now since New Avengers v.3 has come out?

Spidey rules except in Wakanda
I don't think that T'Challa will kill Namor. Marvel probably wouldn't let that happen, but I can see him doing some major damage to him while Namor flees or something similar. If Hickman actually lets BP kill Namor then I'd be damn impressed. If they want Shuri as a trade off then I'd be more than fine with them killing off that *****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
I'm wondering why Denzel Washington hasn't been consulted on a role, as a Panther of the past, Azzuri the Wise, T'Chaka, etc.
Probably because of two things. Money is a factor, and they're still so far from the development stage of a BP movie that they need to get it greenlit first.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:51 AM   #502
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Thomas View Post

Aloha,
I would agree. I think Marvel may play it safe with any BP movie by first incorporating his story into an Avengers movie, like the animated DVD Ultimate Avengers 2. This way it becomes more an Avengers goes to Africa movie than a African Animistic/Techno/Utopian society movie.A much easier sell for Hollywood.

I have a question for those who are currently checking out The Black Panther in New Avengers. Do you think T'challa will KILL Namor as he has stated twice now since New Avengers v.3 has come out?
I think that's a great costume for the climax, I agree with the sentiment that the all-black costume doesn't mean much, unless the theme of the movie is getting back to basics or eschewing whatever the gold things represent, whether it be tech or magic.

I don't think that introducing BP in Avengers is the safe way to start a BP franchise any more than it is the safe way to start a Hawkeye franchise. Further, I don't think the epic cosmic storyline in Avengers should be curtailed or changed in order to develop a complex new character like Black Panther. It can be done, if he's a more mysterious force, but notice in Ultimate Avengers 2 the cartoon, no one but Cap got the least bit of character development. That's what happens when you turn a team film into an origin film for someone else. That's not a reasonable option here.

You don't sell it to Hollywood, you sell it to Marvel Studios, who are already sold on it, they just need a cool fresh way to do it.

And for the question, no they won't have BP kill Namor, he'll do quite a bit to him, but I don't think actual death will be the thing. Of course, if he does... dang. That'd be pretty bold of Marvel, but too many people like Namor. I don't see it actually happening.

Old 07-02-2013, 02:54 PM   #503
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

I can not see that the gold trim adds anything to the Panther, just meaningless busy details - but I guess if they had that for formal occasions and then he lost them when he had to get down to business...but nothing tops Jack's original!

Old 07-02-2013, 06:27 PM   #504
JB-the-Hunter
Booty hunter

It adds a splash of color and character to an otherwise boring design. It looks tribal, it looks royal, and the gold color compliments the black well.

"I knew there was something wrong. It just took a while to dawn on me, or maybe I was just afraid to think it, but... you survived the destruction because you caused it. Raina wasn't the only one changed in there, and I'm pretty sure the DNA results that I'm running right now will confirm that there's nothing wrong with the data in my head Skye. There's something wrong with you." - Leo Fitz
Old 07-02-2013, 06:32 PM   #505
Ajendo
Banned User

This film needs to have Idris Elba, David Oyelowo and Kerry Washington in it.

Old 07-02-2013, 06:33 PM   #506
Paradox1
Side-Kick

The gold armor, gold weapons in African history was used in battle all the time it wasn't this rare metal as it was to Europeans and other Western based cultures.So the gold actually has some ties to African culture.

Old 07-02-2013, 07:11 PM   #507
MCU
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajendo View Post
Idris Elba cant. Hes in 2 Thor movies as a diff character. It cant and wont happen.

X-Men: Days of Future Past
Guardians of the Galaxy
The Avengers: Age of Ultron
The Fantastic Four
Ant-Man

Star Wars: Episode VII
Old 07-02-2013, 07:19 PM   #508
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox1 View Post
The gold armor, gold weapons in African history was used in battle all the time it wasn't this rare metal as it was to Europeans and other Western based cultures.So the gold actually has some ties to African culture.
Shouldn't the armor be Vibranium if anything - since that's what sets Wakanda apart from other African nations and the world?

The beauty of the Black Panther's costume is in it's simplicity. There's more going on with it - like the glove and boot details - than one might think. Just because it's "new" does not make it better...

Old 07-02-2013, 09:38 PM   #509
tdeverea
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbadoom View Post
shouldn't the armor be vibranium if anything - since that's what sets wakanda apart from other african nations and the world?

The beauty of the black panther's costume is in it's simplicity. There's more going on with it - like the glove and boot details - than one might think. Just because it's "new" does not make it better...
+100

Old 07-02-2013, 10:31 PM   #510
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/con...-panther-again

Quote:
Well, let me put it to you this way: Back at Marvel, they are frantically looking for what is the next one they’re going to do. There is no way they won’t eventually do a Silver Surfer movie. It may not be for a few years because they’re thinking and working on Doctor Strange, Black Panther, Ant-Man, Guardians of the Galaxy. Everything we have. And the fans seem to want all of them. But they’ll get around to a Silver Surfer feature because he’s a wonderful character.
So it looks like BP and Doc Strange are confirmed for Phase 3. He lumped them in with Ant-Man and GotG, two films we know Marvel is working on right now.

Edit: Stan Lee said this.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:12 AM   #511
Donald Thomas
The Black ArachKnight

Quote:
Shouldn't the armor be Vibranium if anything - since that's what sets Wakanda apart from other African nations and the world?

The beauty of the Black Panther's costume is in it's simplicity. There's more going on with it - like the glove and boot details - than one might think. Just because it's "new" does not make it better...

Aloha,
Paraphernalia
T'Challa's Vibranium-weave uniform absorbs the kinetic force of impacts, rendering him bulletproof. His costume's gloves can generate energy daggers and house anti-metal claws that dissolve other metals on contact.
His Kimoyo Card enables global communication, picks up satellite signals, and can block most radio transmissions.
His boot soles are thick Vibranium alloy pads which can vibrate at various frequencies, allowing him to run up the sides of buildings, land soundlessly and without injury from a height of 50 feet, walk on water, or slice through metal.
His costume is fitted with cloaking technology, allowing it to pass as normal street clothes. He also has access to the many specialized weapons and vehicles of Wakanda. The extent of technology T'Challa has access to is believed to be limitless.

Spidey rules except in Wakanda

Old 07-03-2013, 03:28 AM   #512
Ajendo
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCU View Post
Idris Elba cant. Hes in 2 Thor movies as a diff character. It cant and wont happen.
You're right! I forgot he's in Thor. Damn.

Old 07-03-2013, 04:34 AM   #513
chamber-music
Infinity Ammo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajendo View Post
This is what David Oyelowo said about Black Panther earlier this year

Quote:
IFC caught up with Oyelowo on the Spirit Awards red carpet and asked him if he would be interested in playing the title character in a “Black Panther” movie.

“If the script is right,” he answered. “It’s all about the script for me. I don’t discriminate between an independent film, a studio film, a play, a radio play, a TV show; if the script is great, I’m there.”

Old 07-03-2013, 08:16 AM   #514
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

I don't see him as BP, but Oyelowo having a part in the movie would be

"We're living in a world where we're having our rights taken away by giant corporations, and [fanboys] were cheering for another corporation to eventually take our rights away...because we'll get superhero movies!" --writer Brandon Easton on the Disney/Fox merger

https://www.facebook.com/MythworldeMedia/
Old 07-03-2013, 10:53 AM   #515
Blackman
C'mon Son

agreed Rock

Old 07-03-2013, 11:44 AM   #516
Blackman
C'mon Son

Just posting something Neil Blomkamp, who is suggested as director, said about doing franchise movies:
Quote:
Dude, I used to be a 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' fan. Like, big time... But no, I probably wouldn't do that. I don't know if me getting involved with a franchise is the best thing for me. When studios smell franchises, they smell money. And they'll try to do what they can to the franchise to make it make the most money it can make, and a lot of those interesting ideas kind of fall by the side of the road. So... Do I like 'Star Trek' on its own without the politics of making it? Yes, absolutely. But do I think that you could make it in the way that I would want to make it? Probably not, which makes me not want to make it.
http://filmz.dk/eksklusivt-elysium-i...-star-trek#new

Old 07-03-2013, 12:23 PM   #517
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

We (fans of sci fi) need Blomkamp to continue to do what he's doing. I love what I've seen so far from him and I hope he continues to stay away from old properties and franchises and adaptations and keeps developing original stories into films.

His talents on the post-production end mean he can produce great looking science fiction movies for less money than anyone else makes him perfect for this. Hiring him to do a Marvel movie would be a waste of his talents and would keep him from doing his best, most interesting work.

That said, if I heard that he was directing a future Marvel (or even DC) property, I would still be very excited. Black Panther seems to be an obvious fit, especially if they're going to delve into the political, social commentary stuff. Right up Blomkamp's alley.

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."

Last edited by Joeyjojo72; 07-03-2013 at 12:27 PM.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:34 PM   #518
tdeverea
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
We (fans of sci fi) need Blomkamp to continue to do what he's doing. I love what I've seen so far from him and I hope he continues to stay away from old properties and franchises and adaptations and keeps developing original stories into films.

His talents on the post-production end mean he can produce great looking science fiction movies for less money than anyone else makes him perfect for this. Hiring him to do a Marvel movie would be a waste of his talents and would keep him from doing his best, most interesting work.

That said, if I heard that he was directing a future Marvel (or even DC) property, I would still be very excited. Black Panther seems to be an obvious fit, especially if they're going to delve into the political, social commentary stuff. Right up Blomkamp's alley.
And therein lies the only obstacle between us and a Blomkamp-directed Black Panther film. If Marvel allowed him to make his version without interfering, we'd get something truly phenomenal. However, the studio would be too concerned with how to make the character "marketable", thus alienating the only director fit to do this movie. LOL!

Old 07-03-2013, 02:54 PM   #519
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Again, I sort of hope it doesnt happen, but I think a conversation between Blomkamp Whedon and Feige would be worthwhile. If Blomkamp came to them with some ideas I think Marvel would be intrigued. The fact that he works cheap (Elysium official budget - $90 million) must make him attractive to a lot of people.

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

Old 07-04-2013, 09:27 AM   #520
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

What a world we live in when 90 million is considered cheap.

"We're living in a world where we're having our rights taken away by giant corporations, and [fanboys] were cheering for another corporation to eventually take our rights away...because we'll get superhero movies!" --writer Brandon Easton on the Disney/Fox merger

https://www.facebook.com/MythworldeMedia/
Old 07-04-2013, 09:54 AM   #521
chamber-music
Infinity Ammo

I would like to see Doctor Who, Trace, Misfits, Ultimate Force & The Fear actor Danny Sapani as a villainous henchmen in a Black Panther movie.

He is a good actor stage and screen actor who is physically imposing.

Old 07-04-2013, 10:38 AM   #522
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdeverea View Post
And therein lies the only obstacle between us and a Blomkamp-directed Black Panther film. If Marvel allowed him to make his version without interfering, we'd get something truly phenomenal. However, the studio would be too concerned with how to make the character "marketable", thus alienating the only director fit to do this movie. LOL!

How do we know what Blomkamp's version of the Panther would be? Just because he directed a film set in South Africa [that had some questionable plot holes] does not mean he has a handle on the Panther.

I guess it depends upon what you define as "interfering". If making sure the film maker sticks to the character's almost 50 year history is interfering, and not go off on some tangent, then yes Marvel should "interfer". When you invest millions into a project you have every right to expect certain results and if said director is not willing to respect that, then let him make his own movies.

Old 07-04-2013, 04:53 PM   #523
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSP View Post
What a world we live in when 90 million is considered cheap.
That 90 million employs a ton of people. And its relatively low for this kind of film which means the director has much more latitude in where he can go.

Old 07-04-2013, 04:58 PM   #524
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Quote:
How do we know what Blomkamp's version of the Panther would be? Just because he directed a film set in South Africa [that had some questionable plot holes] does not mean he has a handle on the Panther.

I guess it depends upon what you define as "interfering". If making sure the film maker sticks to the character's almost 50 year history is interfering, and not go off on some tangent, then yes Marvel should "interfer". When you invest millions into a project you have every right to expect certain results and if said director is not willing to respect that, then let him make his own movies.
Relax man. Any director would have to have a very long conversation with feige and or whedon and or other marvel folks about themes and story ideas before he even gets the job. If either party isn't in agreement with the others vision they move on. Not complicated.

Old 07-04-2013, 05:50 PM   #525
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
Relax man. Any director would have to have a very long conversation with feige and or whedon and or other marvel folks about themes and story ideas before he even gets the job. If either party isn't in agreement with the others vision they move on. Not complicated.
Wow, another response that seems to take my statement out of context...

Of course it's not complicated, not saying it was. Another was suggesting that Blomkamp be given carte blanche with regards to what his "vision" of the Panther might be - I was simply asking why Marvel should allow this.

Let's both relax...

Closed Thread