The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Arrow

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 09:36 AM   #526
KingMadness
Side-Kick

Default Re: Arrow General Discussion Thread - Part 4

I agree with all of that. We forget this series is only 9 episodes long, still a lot to be done.

Old 01-15-2013, 10:12 AM   #527
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMadness View Post
I'm done with this non-sense. I'm 21, and I like learning news things.
To bad you sound like you are 12 and think you already know everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMadness View Post
If you have something to say then talk and I'll listen, but if you can't just say you can't do it. All I see are people making little comments then running away. That's that.
How's this for making a "little" comment and running away for you....sorry I haven't been directing my absolute all attention towards you the last few days so that you can call me a liar and other such crap, but I've been with, and am now preparing to go to the funeral of my friend for 30 years who just passed from cancer.

I am oh so sorry that my life has kept me from making you feel better.

Old 01-15-2013, 10:17 AM   #528
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Whoa now. Let's all just let this go and chalk it up to misunderstanding, assumptions, personal experiences, what have you.

Let's get back to discussing Arrow lol. In all honesty both sides had some valid points regarding how girls/women/the opposite sex respond to suitors and are attracted to one another.

So let's agree to disagree.

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Old 01-15-2013, 11:57 AM   #529
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Deadshot lives, when Roy met Thea, their first original villain, and more.

Quote:
At least one other person (aside from Diggle) will learn Oliver's secret identity fairly soon, the producers said.

The villain in Wednesday's episode uses fire, which is a special challenge for Oliver. "We thought: What's more scary than fire? And also: Let's make things doubly difficult. Let's have him confront a villain he can't punch. He doesn't have a fire-extinguisher arrow," Guggenheim said.

Ben Browder ("Farscape") guest stars in Episode 12 as Diggle's former commanding officer and mentor. John Barrowman, who's been appearing as Tommy Merlyn's father (Malcolm Merlyn/Dark Archer), will also be in that episode.

Seth Gabel arrives as "the Count" in Episode 12, and he will almost certainly be back. Count Vertigo, a character from the comics, is the loose basis for this villain, but it sounds as though the writers have some tricks up their sleeves when it comes to the Count, whom Gabel discussed in this recent interview. "We love Seth and his interpretation of the character and the Count was always introduced with the plan to make him a recurring villain. In fact, Episode 12 ends with a set-up for his next appearance," Guggenheim said. "Seth plays the character with a lot of flair and it's a new color for the show. Those people who think the Arrow is all about business suited one-percenters will really want to check out this episode."

David Anders ("Once Upon a Time") arrives in Episode 14, and he'll play a brand-new villain created specifically for the TV show. "We wanted to have a villain who was purely sociopathic and without conscience and limitations, but also someone who was so incredibly smart that his tactics and the intelligence of his strategy would rival Oliver's tactics and ability to strategize," Guggenheim said. "We'd been having so much fun with established DC villains that we thought it was time to create someone new and add a new toy to the toy box. The fun about Vanch is that he's absolutely ruthless, but at the same time, a great tactician. He's the thinking man's villain."

Manu Bennett, best known to "Spartacus" fans as Crixus, arrives in Episode 13. He's playing Slade Wilson/Deathstroke -- or is he? "I'd caution against making any assumptions about the role he's playing," Guggenheim said. "We're a bit crafty over here at 'Arrow' and we've demonstrated a certain fondness for using people's comic book-based expectations against them. That said, Oliver will make a shocking discovery about Manu's character that will completely change how much -- or even whether -- he can trust him."

James Callis appears as the Dodger, a jewel thief, in Episode 15. There are no specific plans at the moment to bring him back, "but Andrew and I were watching James' first day of [shooting] and immediately vowed to bring him back. He's terrific," Guggenheim said. "The Dodger is a new type of adversary for us. He offers a slightly lighter touch than previous villains we've had on the show, but James really grounds him with an air of menace that makes the Dodger fit with the tone we've established in the first 14 episodes."

Haynes ("Teen Wolf") arrives as Roy Harper in Episode 15 as well. Hey, wasn't Harper known as Speedy in the Green Arrow DC comics? And hasn't Oliver's sister Thea also been called Speedy on the TV show? Yes and yes. The producers wouldn't say much more, but they did offer that Thea meets Roy, who's from the rough part of town and who is a potential love interest for her, after he steals her purse. Aww, what a meet cute!

Supervillain alert: There will be a team-up between Deadshot and China White in Episode 16. Yes, Deadshot is not dead -- he's going to return with "an all-new look," Guggenheim said, and the show will address how he can do what he does with only one eye.

Badass alert: Huntress fans, rejoice! Jessica De Gouw will be back as Helena Bertinelli in Episode 17 of the season. For more on Oliver's relationship with the character, check out the two-part interviews my colleague Laura Prudom did with Amell and Ramsey.

There will be a new development in the life of Diggle (David Ramsey) that "affects him pretty profoundly," Berlanti said.

Thea's arc will change "fairly immediately" as the show begins to give her more things to do (more than complain, that is -- and fixing that repetitive problem was near the top of the writers' to-do list, Guggenheim said). In Wednesday's episode, "she has this terrific scene with [her mother] Moira, which takes all their previous scenes and turns them on their head," Guggenheim said. Thea (Willa Holland) will soon have more people in her orbit and a wider variety of storylines (including one in which she gets in trouble with the law).

Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards), the computer expert Oliver's been consulting lately, has "a big role to play in the second half of the season," Guggenheim said. "Of course, she'll continue to be Oliver's unwitting assistant, but also remember that, thanks to Walter, she has a copy of the Second Notebook."

When will we see a GLBTQ character on "Arrow"? Yes, that's certainly on the producers' list of things to do. "As an out writer/producer, that's always important to me, but it's also equally important to do it in a way that's fresh and interesting," Berlanti said. What they want to do is have the character be someone who works with Oliver and someone viewers see regularly, not just a villain fans might see only a couple times per season. "Hopefully we'll get to introduce the character before the end of year," Berlanti added. "It's definitely high on our priority list."

Speaking of Moira Queen (Susanna Thompson): "Viewers who are wondering when Oliver is going to realize his mom is naughty will want to pay particular attention to Episodes 12 thru 14," Guggenheim said.

Will Laurel evolve into the Black Canary? Will Tommy (Colin Donnell) start becoming a villain this season? We talked about those things at greater length in the podcast, but the important thing to know is that developments related to Tommy and his father "form the spine" of the rest of the season, according to the producers. "He doesn't know that his dad is the Dark Archer. What's going to happen if and when Tommy makes that discovery? How does his father's uber-scheme affect Tommy? Those are the questions we're raising [when the show returns] and then driving to our big finale," Guggenheim said.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...?utm_hp_ref=tw

2016: "This movie sucked because it didn't have a designated meddling executive."

Last edited by HighFivingMF; 01-15-2013 at 01:52 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:14 PM   #530
KingMadness
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
To bad you sound like you are 12 and think you already know everything.

How's this for making a "little" comment and running away for you....sorry I haven't been directing my absolute all attention towards you the last few days so that you can call me a liar and other such crap, but I've been with, and am now preparing to go to the funeral of my friend for 30 years who just passed from cancer.

I am oh so sorry that my life has kept me from making you feel better.
My apologies about your friend, God bless.

Nothing personal, let us forget about it.

Old 01-15-2013, 05:43 PM   #531
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

I'm really looking forward to seeing Ben Browder.

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
Old 01-15-2013, 05:59 PM   #532
Human Torch
Banned User

It was pretty much a given Deadshot would be back.See?All that worry over nothing!

Old 01-15-2013, 06:30 PM   #533
mr. peasant
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
It was pretty much a given Deadshot would be back.See?All that worry over nothing!
I know someone who still can't see it!

Old 01-15-2013, 06:35 PM   #534
Human Torch
Banned User

Old 01-15-2013, 07:41 PM   #535
herolee10
No More Miracles

Old 01-15-2013, 07:44 PM   #536
Nathan

Who the heck is that?

Old 01-15-2013, 07:48 PM   #537
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Who the heck is that?
The Count.

2016: "This movie sucked because it didn't have a designated meddling executive."
Old 01-15-2013, 07:54 PM   #538
Nathan

I already don't like him. He reminds me of someone. But I can't put my finger on it.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:59 PM   #539
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I already don't like him. He reminds me of someone. But I can't put my finger on it.
Is it...

Old 01-15-2013, 08:00 PM   #540
Sawyer
High King

Dat Seth Gabel, though.

@HIGHzurrer

If your first TV love was Buffy, this season of The Magicians is the adult who looks like that first crush but is into your kink.
*sees someone trolling DCEU fans* *prepares to say something* *sees Snyder stans somehow being even more obnoxious than the trolls* *sighs*

*rinse and repeat*
Old 01-15-2013, 08:28 PM   #541
Human Torch
Banned User

David Anders ("Once Upon a Time") arrives in Episode 14, and he'll play a brand-new villain created specifically for the TV show. "We wanted to have a villain who was purely sociopathic and without conscience and limitations, but also someone who was so incredibly smart that his tactics and the intelligence of his strategy would rival Oliver's tactics and ability to strategize," Guggenheim said. "We'd been having so much fun with established DC villains that we thought it was time to create someone new and add a new toy to the toy box. The fun about Vanch is that he's absolutely ruthless, but at the same time, a great tactician. He's the thinking man's villain."

Sounds like we have our "Joker" for the series.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:03 PM   #542
John Locke
One is Dark One is Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post

Why is Green Arrow fighting the Mad Hatter from Once Upon A Time?

Old 01-15-2013, 09:07 PM   #543
Sawyer
High King

I want Gabel on Once or Sebastian Stan on Arrow.

@HIGHzurrer

If your first TV love was Buffy, this season of The Magicians is the adult who looks like that first crush but is into your kink.
*sees someone trolling DCEU fans* *prepares to say something* *sees Snyder stans somehow being even more obnoxious than the trolls* *sighs*

*rinse and repeat*
Old 01-15-2013, 09:12 PM   #544
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

He looks like a mixture of Cillian Murphy and that photo of Kiefer Sutherland

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Old 01-15-2013, 09:50 PM   #545
BatsnCats
Side-Kick

He looks like someone who would be in twilight

Old 01-15-2013, 09:57 PM   #546
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatsnCats View Post
He's not snow-pale or shirtless.

Old 01-15-2013, 11:26 PM   #547
The Guard
Side-Kick

So...will Deadshot be returning with a mustache?

-Me
Old 01-15-2013, 11:26 PM   #548
BatsnCats
Side-Kick

Did you not see his hair? He looks pretty pale to me

Old 01-16-2013, 06:47 AM   #549
The Englishman
Marching On Together

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatsnCats View Post
So people who dress like that are automatically from Twilight?? Erm.....ok.

"For England James?" "No......For me"

"The things i do for England."
Old 01-16-2013, 11:09 AM   #550
DarkSovereignty
Ooga Chakka

It's ridiculous that an actor can't even style their f***ing hair a certain way in a movie or show without people complaining about imaginary ties to twilightt.

To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.
Welcome to the hype, we hate fun #gategate #SeriousBusiness
H.E
Closed Thread