The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > The Cutting Room Floor

Old 06-21-2017, 06:13 PM   #426
Ivan Drago
Do Not Want

Default Re: State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
Hardy has kind of that De Niro thing where he doesn't need much dialogue to establish a character, IMO.

2017 superhero movie ratings

1. Logan: 9.5/10
2. Guardians of the Galaxy 2: 6.5/10
3. Wonder Woman: 7/10

Last edited by Schlosser85; Today at 07:29 PM.
Ivan Drago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:55 PM   #427
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You know, I went into Wonder Woman thinking I would be disappointed just because I've just come to the conclusion I'm never going to enjoy the direction DC has taken the character over the last decade, but damn, if I didn't just find it an enjoyable movie. Not really unpopular, I know, but I was very surprised with how much I liked it.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:39 AM   #428
Spider-Aziz
Hey Willie

Generally I couldn't care less about Star Wars, but I'd rather watch the prequel trilogy twice before watching half a season of Game of Thrones.

YOUTUBE
You are so adorable.

The way Spider-Man movie is advertised, they might as well show the whole movie on YouTube before theatrical release.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:48 AM   #429
Flint Marko
"Underoos!"

Well we can just shut this thread down now, not sure how that's gonna be topped.

#STOPAVI2017
#ENDSONY2017
Flint Marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:31 AM   #430
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

I don't want to watch game of thrones, I'm afraid I'll end up joining a cult.

DA_Champion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:38 AM   #431
Blackman
C'mon Son

Overrated as hell

Ian McShane said it best: "It's just t**s and dragons"

It's just who gets killed this ep, who gets tortured this ep, who gets raped this ep. It feel like it's the writing of a sad little goth kid who wants to be edgy. It's almost like HBO is parodying themselves with how much gratuitous stuff they put on the show
Other than the Lannisters and a few other characters the acting is meh
Production wise it's stunning.
But I really don't understand how people consider it a top tier show. Some say it's one of the best of all time

Blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:57 AM   #432
Spider-Aziz
Hey Willie

I love it when I see people who don't find it an appealing show.

YOUTUBE
You are so adorable.

The way Spider-Man movie is advertised, they might as well show the whole movie on YouTube before theatrical release.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:36 AM   #433
Greens
I am Danny DeVito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
It's just who gets killed this ep, who gets tortured this ep, who gets raped this ep.
It's not, though. If that's what someone is interested in, sure, they can get that from the show. But it's not like that's ALL there is to it. Game of Thrones is appealing because it mixes supernatural with mirrored real-life medieval political intrigue that's backed by a lot of interesting lore.

Who put Bella in the wych elm? Hans Van Houten did.
Greens
I know you're there, I know you can hear me.
You may have no tongue but there's nothing wrong with your ears.

Aziz
Greens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:14 AM   #434
Donnie Darko
Forgotten Pre-New 52 Hero

As much as I do actually love Game of Thrones, I actually prefer Spartacus, which is t*ts and bloodshed instead of dragons.

Donnie Darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:39 AM   #435
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

Game of Thrones is definetely not a show for everybody. I don't find it at all surprising that many people don't like it at all. I mean... is normal, can you imagine if we all liked the very same stuff? Boring as hell.

DyeLorean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:50 AM   #436
NotSoLongAgo
#spidermansolit

Meryl Streep is overrated

NotSoLongAgo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:57 PM   #437
Drizzle
Return of the Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSoLongAgo View Post
Meryl Streep is overrated
While I think she's a good actress, is it really necessary for the Academy to nominate her every ****ing year? At this point, it's extremely obnoxious and sycophantic.

Drizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:06 PM   #438
Donnie Darko
Forgotten Pre-New 52 Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyeLorean View Post
Game of Thrones is definetely not a show for everybody. I don't find it at all surprising that many people don't like it at all. I mean... is normal, can you imagine if we all liked the very same stuff? Boring as hell.
This is the internet. If someone doesn't like exactly what you like, they're a sheep, a dumb fanboy, a hipster, a bandwagon/fake fan, or they don't "get" whatever movie it is that you like that they don't like.

But yeah, liking different stuff is fine. My wife and I used to just go to separate rooms to watch tv at least a couple nights a week because I was watching like 30 Rock and It's Always Sunny and she was watching Big Bang Theory and Grey's Anatomy.

Old Today, 09:01 PM   #439
terry78
Two Brothers

And I applaud you for remaining married to her.

terry78 is online now   Reply With Quote