The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Old 05-14-2013, 08:52 AM   #626
Iceman
Infinity War!

Default Re: Mass Effect 3 - - - - - Part 14

I punched that reporter even on my paragon playthroughs.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:55 AM   #627
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I did. But then I would reload my save because it wouldn't fit my Shepard to do something like that. I only ever get renegade, when I allow my Shepard to get super pissed at the enemy. But for the most part, he can control himself.
I always have 1 main canon playthrough where I do exactly what i want my character to do. It ends up being about 70% Paragon anyway but I'll for eg kill gangsters every time, even like the Batarian guy who had hostages. And whoever dies in that playthrough dies. That's what I like about the game, not only do some of my closest allies die, they die or stay alive dependant on certain actions I've taken. Really makes it an immersive and emotional experience.

Old 05-14-2013, 09:03 AM   #628
AxlsAppetite
Side-Kick

I accidentally got Tali killed at the end of Priority Rannoch in my second playthrough. Felt like crap afterwards, since she is one of my favorite characters.

AxlsAppetite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:39 PM   #629
AndrewGilkison
Side-Kick

As funny as punching the reporter is, I find it much more satisfying to not punch her and then make her look like **** in ME2 by "bum rushing her on her own show".

And I only picked the "Tali dies" option on Priority Rannoch once and just had to redo that mission. Killing Mordon was easier to deal with than watching Tali commit suicide.

AndrewGilkison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:42 PM   #630
Soapy
Sieg Zeon

Yeah, I never got into the whole "punching the reporter" thing myself either. It makes for funny YouTube videos, but it never felt right for any of my Shepards.

Soapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:22 AM   #631
The Navigator
Side-Kick

Especially after Hackett reprimands you for it in ME1 over the comm. I thought, "Damn, I just let down Bishop," reloaded and held my temper.

And then it's really satisfying in ME3 if you haven't punched her the entire trilogy to watch her just break down and admit you two are on the same side.

The Navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:13 PM   #632
Nathan

I think I'm going to replay the Trilogy again. I tried a new game on Mass Effect 3 with FemShep, but there is just no attachment to the character, because I haven't experienced all the crazy adventures with her. I think I'm going to play an infiltrator next time. Also, I'm going to kill Ashley off.

Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:20 PM   #633
Nathan

What is better for an Infiltrator? A shotgun or assault rifle?

Old 05-15-2013, 03:31 PM   #634
Iceman
Infinity War!

Infiltrator is the one class I've never played as in any playthough across the 3 games. Your main weapon will be sniper though while using Cloak from far away so I guess a shotgun will be useful to complement it for short range.

Unless you want to play the whole game hiding (which I've heard can be quite effective) and then you have the assault rifle for when your sniper runs out of ammo.

Old 05-15-2013, 04:28 PM   #635
Nathan

Gah! I forgot how annoying Sniper Rifles are to use on lower levels. That thing is shaking all over the place. Too bad we can't load a clear save, and just change the gender and job.

Old 05-15-2013, 04:34 PM   #636
DeGenerate10
Br Ba

Quote:
I think I'm going to replay the Trilogy again. I tried a new game on Mass Effect 3 with FemShep, but there is just no attachment to the character, because I haven't experienced all the crazy adventures with her. I think I'm going to play an infiltrator next time. Also, I'm going to kill Ashley off.
I've been thinking about replaying the trilogy as well. It'll give me a reason to buy all the Mass Effect 3 DLC anyway

Old 05-16-2013, 11:11 AM   #637
Upset Spideyfan
Look on the bright side

Quote:
What is better for an Infiltrator? A shotgun or assault rifle?
In ME1? Probably the Shotgun since you've already got something for dealing with crap at long range.

In ME2 or 3? Neither. Take the Widow when you get the opportunity on the Collector ship in 2 and in 3 stick to SMG's and pistols as your secondary sidearms.

: Why?
The Doctor
: Because the front crashes first. Think it through.
Upset Spideyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:21 PM   #638
Havok83
Side-Kick

Im playing my second runthrough right now on insanity and I thought kills carried over across everything? I just got a pop up for accomplishing 500 kills which is clearly just from my second run and not counting what I did the first time or MP. What gives? I dont think Im gonna get the trophy for 5000 kills if Im only 1/10th of the way there after putting so many hours into this

As far as classes go, Ive only ever played as Vanguard and Sentinel in the story. I tried soldier once bc I figured that would be drastically different than those but it got boring without biotics so I stick with those as they are a good mix of biotics and traditional gunning

Also would you guys reccommend getting all the post-release story DLC? I know some are better than others but is it worth it to play through them all?

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:10 PM   #639
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Also would you guys reccommend getting all the post-release story DLC? I know some are better than others but is it worth it to play through them all?
Personally I think that Citadel is the most rewarding one seeing as you get all these wonderful moments with your squad. Omega wasn't really all that special though but Leviathan was pretty fun.

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
gohei_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:15 PM   #640
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Im playing my second runthrough right now on insanity and I thought kills carried over across everything? I just got a pop up for accomplishing 500 kills which is clearly just from my second run and not counting what I did the first time or MP. What gives? I dont think Im gonna get the trophy for 5000 kills if Im only 1/10th of the way there after putting so many hours into this

As far as classes go, Ive only ever played as Vanguard and Sentinel in the story. I tried soldier once bc I figured that would be drastically different than those but it got boring without biotics so I stick with those as they are a good mix of biotics and traditional gunning

Kills do count across playthroughs. It sounds like you might have been reset. You should check that your other achievement/trophy counters are updating and are at where you expect them to be.

I'd say get all the DLC but if for any reason you don't want to, Omega is the one to skip. The others are all more closely related to the story. Leviathan is great & Citadel is the best of the lot. From Ashes is important as you get the extra character that can then be used throughout the whole game.

Old 05-17-2013, 08:13 AM   #641
Nathan

Looks like I need to play Mass Effect 1 at least twice. I hate that you have to choose between Paragon and Renegade and then you are always locked out of the other option, simply because you aren't able to earn the required points. I don't always want to be the goody two shoes, I don't always want to be the hard ass, but on the first playthrough, you don't have much choice.

Old 05-17-2013, 08:57 AM   #642
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Looks like I need to play Mass Effect 1 at least twice. I hate that you have to choose between Paragon and Renegade and then you are always locked out of the other option, simply because you aren't able to earn the required points. I don't always want to be the goody two shoes, I don't always want to be the hard ass, but on the first playthrough, you don't have much choice.
Yeah, if anything that's a restriction on choice and freedom which are 2 of the things that make the game good in the 1st place. I like being able to do whatever the hell I want, which usually means being the good guy except to those who deserve otherwise (or are annoying ).

Old 05-17-2013, 09:54 AM   #643
Havok83
Side-Kick

Playing on Insanity and Javik, Garrus and Vega are really the best squadmates. I switch up all the time on normal but Im finding any combination of these 3 to be very effective in my run and they compliment my Sentinel quite well

Old 05-17-2013, 10:07 AM   #644
Iceman
Infinity War!

I used Edi & Liara a lot. Singularity is a lifesaver. I love Javik's drain power that switches to a different enemy when it kills one. What was that called again? Dark something?

Old 05-17-2013, 10:25 AM   #645
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
I used Edi & Liara a lot. Singularity is a lifesaver. I love Javik's drain power that switches to a different enemy when it kills one. What was that called again? Dark something?
Dark Channel and its amazing with biotic abilities. At first I would use Warp, but Pull is much more effective as that recharges so much faster and you can send out two at max level.

I used Edi and Liara alot in normal but they have the lowest defense in the game and tend to die alot on insanity. Their abilities arent worth the cost of constantly having to heal them or worse dealing with not having them fight alongside me bc they are down.

Garrus and Vega arent as versatile with their abilities but they make up for it in the fact that they are more durable and last longer in battles. Both are also very good with guns and Garrus serves as my sniper and Vega as my shotgun tank. Garrus' overload is amazing against shields and Vega's carnage is great against armor. Cant really go wrong with either.

Anyone use the cryoblast? Its the one ability I have that I never level up

Old 05-17-2013, 11:02 AM   #646
Nathan

I'm stuck at the Galaxy Map... I traveled to Feros, the screen transitioned back to Shepard, and now I'm stuck in place. I can run in circles, but that's it. *sigh* Reload.

Old 05-17-2013, 12:06 PM   #647
The Navigator
Side-Kick

Quote:
I did for a bit, but it doesn't have enough ambient damage to be worth it. I always wanted to use it on Brutes and watch them shatter, but it's really only any good against singular mooks, and that's why my gun's for.

I much prefer bombarding the area with inferno grenades and placing Garrus and Ashley with sniper rifles for mop up.

Last edited by The Navigator; 05-17-2013 at 12:09 PM.
The Navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:07 PM   #648
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Dark Channel and its amazing with biotic abilities. At first I would use Warp, but Pull is much more effective as that recharges so much faster and you can send out two at max level.

I used Edi and Liara alot in normal but they have the lowest defense in the game and tend to die alot on insanity. Their abilities arent worth the cost of constantly having to heal them or worse dealing with not having them fight alongside me bc they are down.

Garrus and Vega arent as versatile with their abilities but they make up for it in the fact that they are more durable and last longer in battles. Both are also very good with guns and Garrus serves as my sniper and Vega as my shotgun tank. Garrus' overload is amazing against shields and Vega's carnage is great against armor. Cant really go wrong with either.

I love cryoblast but it's pretty much the last power I put points into. Always something more useful to upgrade.

I didn't use Vega often just because I didn't get into the character that much relative to the others. Edi has Incinerate which is a kind of universal power and with Singularity from Liara both levelled up to the max you can put all the other points into defence and general skills. Edi also has decoy for when enemies start closing in. I'm pretty cautious with them drawing fire to myself (and backing away as appropriate) so I can use x3 powers on the closest enemy and as soon as their armour or shields are down I Singularitize their ass & leave the portal as a defence for that route.

Old 05-17-2013, 12:32 PM   #649
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Here are the results from that survey last month:

http://blog.bioware.com/2013/05/17/m...d-conclusions/

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:02 PM   #650
Nathan

Alright, so far my experience as an Infiltrator in ME1, is not that much different from the Soldier. With the exception that I murder everything with my pistol. Does the Infiltrator actually gain the cloak ability?