Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Old 05-17-2013, 07:45 PM   #651
Upset Spideyfan
Look on the bright side

Default Re: Mass Effect 3 - - - - - Part 14

Cloak shows up in 2.

: Why?
The Doctor
: Because the front crashes first. Think it through.
Upset Spideyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 02:18 PM   #652
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

I finally got Citadel. Fantastic DLC, definitely the best DLC I've ever played. It was a nice send-off to the best new IP this gen. It's sad to see these characters go, but I suspect we'll see them again eventually.

Old 05-18-2013, 07:49 PM   #653
Iceman
Infinity War!

Yes, I think it might be THE best DLC I've played so far for all games.

Old 05-18-2013, 08:15 PM   #654
Nathan

Got to Virmire. Somehow Garrus just disappeared and was listed as dead. Every time I tried to revive him, he'd be dead again in a fraction of a second. Luckily there was an elevator nearby. When I took it, he respawned.

Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:16 PM   #655
Nathan

Alright, that Pistol is overkill. I think I beat Saren on Virmire in like 5 seconds. I didn't even move. Just activated the Pistol's special ability, and then I just let 'er rip.

Old 05-18-2013, 10:35 PM   #656
The Navigator
Side-Kick

What are you playing on?

The Navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 10:39 PM   #657
Nathan

Not Insanity, let me tell you that. I'm just on normal. Just want to experience the Trilogy again, this time with FemShep. I'm not even that thorough, when it comes to all the side quests.

Old 05-18-2013, 11:15 PM   #658
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Did anyone else pull the Mako over and park on the beach on Virmire and just sit there and watch the storms in the distance? Bioware does some amazing background scenery.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 11:28 PM   #659
The Navigator
Side-Kick

Playing ME1 at a friend's was what convinced me to get a hi def TV. I couldn't believe how good it looked.

Old 05-18-2013, 11:31 PM   #660
Nathan

Man, even trying to take this fast, it took me almost 19 hours to finish. And I've read that people can speed run in 4-5 hours through this. But that means on easy, skipping every dialogue and cutscene, and probably no sidequests.

But now on to Mass Effect 2. I think I'll take my time with that one.

Old 05-19-2013, 12:44 AM   #661
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

ME1 on Insanity was horrible; it wasn't even hard, enemies just took a billion bullets. I might start ME2 on Insanity this week & get my last two achievements in that game

Old 05-19-2013, 01:19 AM   #662
Nathan

Ok, this is weird. Just compared saves. With my Soldier Shepard, it took me 26 hours to beat the game and I reached lvl46. With my Infiltrator Shepard, I beat the game in 19 hours, skipping a couple side quests, and I reached lvl47.

Also, I really miss being able to lvl weapons. In ME2 the skill list really is bare bones, compared to ME1. I want to improve my Pistol skill to ridiculous levels, like in ME1, and murder everything in my path. During my last Mission on the Citadel, I was practically just running and gunning.

Old 05-19-2013, 12:06 PM   #663
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Did anyone else pull the Mako over and park on the beach on Virmire and just sit there and watch the storms in the distance? Bioware does some amazing background scenery.
Yeah, I remember that part looks amazing.

Old 05-19-2013, 03:11 PM   #664
Nathan

Why does Mass Effect keep bugging on me? T_T Went to pick up some Medi-gel, then somehow clipped on top of a table. And I can't get off it.

Old 05-19-2013, 06:57 PM   #665
Havok83
Side-Kick

man I feel like a douche. Im towards the end and I overheard Wreav go on about how he cured the Genophage, not knowing I sabotaged his efforts when I betrayed him to the Salarians. Sorry buddy but if you survive this final battle, your race is going extinct

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:47 PM   #666
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

If Wreav is alive it's better that the Krogan go extinct; he wants them to take over the galaxy. The Krogan are safe in Wrex's hands though

Old 05-20-2013, 04:43 PM   #667
Havok83
Side-Kick

^^^ Haha, now I dont feel so bad

Beat it on Insanity last night. Surprisingly I didnt think it was too hard and I found the final mission to be easier on insanity than normal. I thought Id have a hard time when you have to fight like 8 brutes, but a combo of Javik and Vega took them down, pretty easily and I didnt die

My fem Shep had no look in the romance department. She was with Jacob in the last game, and finds out that he's moved on and knocked his new girl up. Then there was Kaidan, but I guess I missed the Citadel lunch season so nothing progressed there. Im surprised they didnt have Vega as an option bc he was hitting on her throughout most of the game

Beating it again for the second time, I have to say I dont thnk they did a bad job of ending it originally. I mean they spent 3 games building the Reapers up to be this big threat and when you finally face them, they lived up to that. I cant see how Shep and his crew could possibly win and it seemed impossible. The Reapers coming, destroying life and the cycle continuing just seemed like nature. Its just something that's inevitable and always happens and it felt like they were fighting a losing battle. You dont really get a sense of that till the end. I know people are pissed and would rather everything end all happy and perfect but i think its more fitting that it didnt and Shep and/or his crew dying, destruction of the mass relays, etc... just seemed to make sense in context with the tone of it all. Its good that the extended cut got to expand upon that slightly but I think it was a decent enough wrap up of the series.

Anyways, I think Im gonna go try the DLC next, starting with Leviathan. Should make getting the 3000 more kills for the veteran trophy more bearable

I wish we could change our class in a new game plus. I hate that you are pretty much stuck with whatever you chose in the first walkthrough

Old 05-20-2013, 04:55 PM   #668
Nathan

I would have been completely fine without an happy ending. I would have accepted it if my entire team would have been wiped out, and Shepard is all that remains. And then sacrifices himself in order to stop the Reapers. Everyone would have been dead, but ultimately, it would have been a happy end, because the cycle was broken.

Really, the only thing that pisses me off is that the whole last Mission, didn't live up to the Collector Assault in ME2. It should have been that, but basically on steroids.

Old 05-20-2013, 05:21 PM   #669
The Navigator
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Beating it again for the second time, I have to say I dont thnk they did a bad job of ending it originally. I mean they spent 3 games building the Reapers up to be this big threat and when you finally face them, they lived up to that. I cant see how Shep and his crew could possibly win and it seemed impossible. The Reapers coming, destroying life and the cycle continuing just seemed like nature. Its just something that's inevitable and always happens and it felt like they were fighting a losing battle. You dont really get a sense of that till the end. I know people are pissed and would rather everything end all happy and perfect but i think its more fitting that it didnt and Shep and/or his crew dying, destruction of the mass relays, etc... just seemed to make sense in context with the tone of it all. Its good that the extended cut got to expand upon that slightly but I think it was a decent enough wrap up of the series.
Talking about the ending, huh? Well, here we go:

I didn't really care that it wasn't a happy ending--everybody saying goodbye to Shepard right before he/she touched down was healthy bit of foreshadowing he wasn't going to make it.

I was more annoyed that after fighting a bunch of mooks that we've already faced the entire game, the three principle villains essentially hand you victory one after the other because they just give up--Harbinger up and leaves, TIM shoots himself or lets you do it for him, and the Starchild (whose existence makes the entire climax of the first game make no sense) levitates you up to the final platform to make the ultimate choice when he could have just let you bleed out. It didn't feel like a victory, and the game actually tried to make you feel guilty about destroying the bad guys with some nonsense about preventing a singularity.

Old 05-20-2013, 05:36 PM   #670
Soapy
Sieg Zeon

Random thought: I would really like it if Mass Effect 4 or whatever they end up calling it goes down a more Star Trek path and the characters are explorers rather than military dudes and the game is all about exploring the galaxy or even just a solar system or something. I doubt that's the direction they go though.

Soapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:27 PM   #671
Team Andino
The Paragon of Virtue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapy View Post
Random thought: I would really like it if Mass Effect 4 or whatever they end up calling it goes down a more Star Trek path and the characters are explorers rather than military dudes and the game is all about exploring the galaxy or even just a solar system or something. I doubt that's the direction they go though.
That could be a fun game as a spin off where you're exploring the universe and maybe doing smaller scale missions as the main story was taking place within the universe. Getting to hear about the crazy heroic things Shepard has done as you go along.

Team Andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:31 PM   #672
Havok83
Side-Kick

I want Bioware to get the Marvel license and do a Starjammers game

ETA: How do I access the Leviathan DLC? I downloaded it but can it not be played using the save I made just before the final mission? Do I have to do New Game Plus?

Last edited by Havok83; 05-20-2013 at 07:17 PM.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:32 PM   #673
The Navigator
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
ETA: How do I access the Leviathan DLC? I downloaded it but can it not be played using the save I made just before the final mission? Do I have to do New Game Plus?
I think all the DLC becomes available right after the Cerberus coup on the Citadel.

Old 05-20-2013, 07:34 PM   #674
Upset Spideyfan
Look on the bright side

It should pop up in your e-mail as a message. If its not there just try exiting the game and loading the save but it should show up.

: Why?
The Doctor
: Because the front crashes first. Think it through.
Upset Spideyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:38 PM   #675
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upset Spideyfan View Post
It should pop up in your e-mail as a message. If its not there just try exiting the game and loading the save but it should show up.
It is in my email but I cant access the Citadel. The only place I can go is London for the final mission