The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Old 06-01-2013, 06:10 PM   #726
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Default Re: Mass Effect 3 - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Navigator View Post
Be sure to do the sidequest on the Citadel pertaining to a Hanar's religious freedoms vs a frustrated C-Sec agent.
I'll keep that in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Yeah I though male Shep was fine in ME1. My femShep was always a complete renegade.
I just did a mock up of how each would look, and my Male Shep definitely looks like he would be a bad guy, so I'll save him for my renegade playthough. But I did love how badass my FemShep was in ME2.

Old 06-01-2013, 06:20 PM   #727
The Navigator
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Ive never found anything wrong with the male Shep voice acting
Quote:
Yeah I though male Shep was fine in ME1. My femShep was always a complete renegade.
He's definitely solid, straight to business. But not as emotive as he'd become later (and was as a Renegade). Wasn't trying to tow the "FEMSHEP IS SUPERIOR" party line.

The Navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 03:07 PM   #728
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

So I'm about 5 hours into the game, I did the side mission on the asteroid and the mission where you get Liara. The game seems both different and similar. I'm not a big fan of the shooting, or the fact that I can't seem to use any other kind of gun since I'm an Engineer. And maybe its because I haven't really done any side missions, but after looking at the mission list, I can't help but feel like this game is shorter in terms of story, even though the missions themselves, including the side stuff, seems longer.

Last edited by SpideyVille; 06-02-2013 at 11:10 PM.
SpideyVille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 03:19 PM   #729
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

I think you may be right, but I personally love the side missions. Even though they don't really add anything to the story the do add to the world-building of that universe.
Also, regarding the weapons, all you really need is the pistol and upgrade the pistol feat fully, whatever it's called.

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
gohei_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:18 AM   #730
Nathan

Yeah, the pistol is insane. At first, everything is obviously pretty weak. At the end of the game, when I was like level 48, I was just running and gunning. Oh, two Geth Primes are in my way? Just a sec... BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM! Everything is clear and I didn't even have to slow down.

Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:19 AM   #731
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

Exactly, and once you have the marksman feat fully leveled up, the cooldown is so fast that you can pretty much keep it active all the time, and the gun never overheats. It's almost too easy at that point.

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
Old 06-05-2013, 12:26 AM   #732
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

So I just finished Mass Effect. Overall, I really liked it, especially for a game that came out in 2007. I think had I not already loved the gameplay and playstyle of the other two, I would have loved this even more. There were some cool features that I'm going to miss though, but overall this wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It pretty much does play the same as the sequels.

Old 06-05-2013, 03:03 AM   #733
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

One of the biggest things I miss from the first one is how some of the powers behaved, adept is my preference. The throw for example could push anyone in front of you away instead of just a single person. I also really liked the lift power, even though it was very similar to singularity.

Old 06-06-2013, 08:58 AM   #734
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Yeah, I kinda miss how you can only use a power once and have to wait for that to recharge, whereas in the first game, you could use different powers back to back. But overall, I think they definitely made the sequels a bit more user friendly. Little things like saving checkpoints in real time, better shooting/lock-on mechanics and a bigger variety of enemy types seems like they really wanted to improve the gameplay aspect.

Old 06-06-2013, 09:25 AM   #735
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
One of the biggest things I miss from the first one is how some of the powers behaved, adept is my preference. The throw for example could push anyone in front of you away instead of just a single person. I also really liked the lift power, even though it was very similar to singularity.
Can't you amend those powers when you level them up to the max to be either focused or area of attack (taking out multiple enemies)? So you would choose Throw Field rather than heavy Throw.

Old 06-06-2013, 03:51 PM   #736
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
Yeah, I kinda miss how you can only use a power once and have to wait for that to recharge, whereas in the first game, you could use different powers back to back. But overall, I think they definitely made the sequels a bit more user friendly. Little things like saving checkpoints in real time, better shooting/lock-on mechanics and a bigger variety of enemy types seems like they really wanted to improve the gameplay aspect.
Yes I agree about game mechanics overall was improved in the sequels, the low recharge for powers in 2 & 3 also made it eaiser to spam your powers. I also find it extremely amusing the way you can curve your powers around objects so you can push enemies off cliffs and what not.

Quote:
Can't you amend those powers when you level them up to the max to be either focused or area of attack (taking out multiple enemies)? So you would choose Throw Field rather than heavy Throw.
Yes you may be right about that one, perhaps I never went with that upgrade or I never noticed it. Well then, that's good to know.

Last edited by gohei_; 06-06-2013 at 04:38 PM.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:50 PM   #737
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:

Yes you may be right about that one, perhaps I never went with that upgrade or I never noticed it. Well then, that's good to know.
Yeah, I remember on Insanity Mass Effect 2 for the abandoned ship level full of husks I had to change to a character with an area of effect upgraded power as the focused thing is useless against loads of relatively weak enemies. My main characters all had focused powers like Heavy Warp.

Old 06-06-2013, 05:40 PM   #738
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

I really could have used the multiple throw on thw one mission where you help a stranded quarian from those wolf-creatures. I was forced to go down from insanity to one step below in order to complete it, just cuz I could not take them out fast enough.

Old 06-06-2013, 05:48 PM   #739
Iceman
Infinity War!

Are you talking about ME3? That early level?

Freedom's Progress or something with the guy caled Veetor?

Old 06-06-2013, 05:52 PM   #740
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

Nope , ME2. There are like 3 or 4 holes in a mountain from which these creatures emerge from and they attack the wounded quarian, and you need to keep her alive until backup arrives.

Old 06-06-2013, 05:58 PM   #741
Reek
_________

man ME1's inventory system was terrible... i got so sick of turning everything into omnigel

can't believe they never fixed that

Reek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:05 PM   #742
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
man ME1's inventory system was terrible... i got so sick of turning everything into omnigel

can't believe they never fixed that
I didn't like that either at first, but by the end, I felt like with a little tweaks, that system could have worked well in the sequels. I actually miss being able to customize both your and your squad's weapons and armor and stuff. I really love when games give you plenty of options to customize, but they scaled back on that big time in the sequels.

Old 06-06-2013, 09:48 PM   #743
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

I gotta say, I always loved ME2, but now that I played through the first game and have encountered several people that I helped there, I have a newfound appreciation for this game.

Old 06-07-2013, 09:46 AM   #744
The Navigator
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
I didn't like that either at first, but by the end, I felt like with a little tweaks, that system could have worked well in the sequels. I actually miss being able to customize both your and your squad's weapons and armor and stuff. I really love when games give you plenty of options to customize, but they scaled back on that big time in the sequels.
The only stuff I really miss from the ME1 inventory system were the ammo and armor upgrades. I feel like if they'd done the inventory for that stuff the way they did the gun management in 3, it would have worked pretty well. I missed being able to swap out first aid or poison rounds instantly, rather than wait for a workbench in the third game.

The Navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:30 AM   #745
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Nope , ME2. There are like 3 or 4 holes in a mountain from which these creatures emerge from and they attack the wounded quarian, and you need to keep her alive until backup arrives.
Ah trying to remember. Was it a main mission?

Old 06-07-2013, 12:46 PM   #746
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

Quote:
No, just a side-quest. Could have been one of those where you scan a planet. It's not long at all so it's easy to forget.

Old 06-07-2013, 12:47 PM   #747
AxlsAppetite
Side-Kick

Quote:
No. Literally all you do is land and take out a couple of Varren.

AxlsAppetite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:51 PM   #748
Iceman
Infinity War!

Ok cool. I either didn't do it or just forgot about it. I can imagine the field powers being really useful in close-quarters multiple-varren encounters.

Old 06-07-2013, 01:34 PM   #749
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

Quote:
Ok cool. I either didn't do it or just forgot about it. I can imagine the field powers being really useful in close-quarters multiple-varren encounters.

The thing is that on insanity, the little buggers had armor as well so you had to weaken them until you could throw them away. I also did not have the best of squadmates for that mission, and you could not go back and change them.

Old 06-07-2013, 04:02 PM   #750
AndrewGilkison
Side-Kick

Okay, so I've played the Citadel DLC recently... (SPOILER ALERT)

I like that your evil clone has the same abilities as you do. Neat (but frustrating at times) touch with that boss fight. I liked the dialogue with your squadmates, just hilarious stuff. Wrex was awesome to have back.

Other things I liked:

Zaeed's epic reaction to being stumped by Claw, a "****ing kid's game".

Traynor and her toothbrush being a day saver.

Anderson's autobiography exerts scattered around the apartment.

Javik and Shepard meeting Blasto ("This one has enkindled many women throughout the galaxy").

AndrewGilkison is offline   Reply With Quote