The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2015, 02:10 AM   #676
lync
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Edwige, Alborn
Posts: 24
Default Re: Coulson Lives! (the Clark Gregg aka Phil Coulson thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
He termed it the "Theta" protocol, I believe (for those wondering what he said and if that helps with the discussion )
Sounds like that is a protocol to make the base disappear, like destroying all records and blowing up the place, so that it's unusable for any and all intruders (Hydra, US military).

lync is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 08:10 PM   #677
iambranded
Side-Kick
 
iambranded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 409
Default Re: Coulson Lives! (the Clark Gregg aka Phil Coulson thread)

So....are we supposed to forget that Coulson has Kree blood in him?
When will this be re visited?

iambranded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 08:15 PM   #678
kedrell
PopularisCulturaFanaticus
 
kedrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,515
Default Re: Coulson Lives! (the Clark Gregg aka Phil Coulson thread)

If he gets exposed to the terrigen crystals, will it kill him or will there be a new effect due to the Kree blood in his system? The Inhumans may detect that in him and it may become a plot point in future episodes. I suspect there's no love lost between the Inhumans and the Kree. And did the Kree blood in Skye/Daisy have any effect on her metamorphosis that she otherwise wouldn't have had?

__________________
Current comic book TV show grades(ones that I watch, at least): Agents of Shield-[season 1: B-][season 2: B+]\The Flash-[season 1: B+/A-]\Arrow-[season 1: B+][season 2: B][season 3: C]\Agent Carter-[season 1: A-]\Daredevil-[season 1: A+]\iZombie-[season 1: A-]
kedrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 08:27 PM   #679
iambranded
Side-Kick
 
iambranded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 409
Default Re: Coulson Lives! (the Clark Gregg aka Phil Coulson thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
If he gets exposed to the terrigen crystals, will it kill him or will there be a new effect due to the Kree blood in his system? The Inhumans may detect that in him and it may become a plot point in future episodes. I suspect there's no love lost between the Inhumans and the Kree. And did the Kree blood in Skye/Daisy have any effect on her metamorphosis that she otherwise wouldn't have had?
I know......
Those questions.....we need to know if get these questions in the future in the future....they cant gloss over the fact that Kree is in Skye and Coulson's system.....

iambranded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 08:30 PM   #680
kedrell
PopularisCulturaFanaticus
 
kedrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,515
Default Re: Coulson Lives! (the Clark Gregg aka Phil Coulson thread)

I imagine it'll come up again sometime.

__________________
Current comic book TV show grades(ones that I watch, at least): Agents of Shield-[season 1: B-][season 2: B+]\The Flash-[season 1: B+/A-]\Arrow-[season 1: B+][season 2: B][season 3: C]\Agent Carter-[season 1: A-]\Daredevil-[season 1: A+]\iZombie-[season 1: A-]
kedrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 02:39 AM   #681
lync
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Edwige, Alborn
Posts: 24
Default Re: Coulson Lives! (the Clark Gregg aka Phil Coulson thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambranded View Post
So....are we supposed to forget that Coulson has Kree blood in him?
When will this be re visited?
Forget? That's what drove the carvings. No one forgot. Could be more side effects later.

lync is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 10:00 AM   #682
iambranded
Side-Kick
 
iambranded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 409
Default Re: Coulson Lives! (the Clark Gregg aka Phil Coulson thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lync View Post
Forget? That's what drove the carvings. No one forgot. Could be more side effects later.
I know...but it seems to have not been discussed since then.....
If Mac was a Kree Sentry during the mid season finale....why wasn't Coulson not able to pass
Theres still alot of questions about his resurrection that needs to be addressed...aka revisited

iambranded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 10:13 AM   #683
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled
 
Silvermoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Comfortably between Loki,WinterSoldier & Daredevil
Posts: 3,626
Default Re: Coulson Lives! (the Clark Gregg aka Phil Coulson thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambranded View Post
I know...but it seems to have not been discussed since then.....
If Mac was a Kree Sentry during the mid season finale....why wasn't Coulson not able to pass
Theres still alot of questions about his resurrection that needs to be addressed...aka revisited
Because the serum/injection of Kree blood that healed him/revived him didn't alter his base genetics at all/didn't make him a potential Inhuman, nor did it change his genetic structure to Kree? He's still human.

Personally, I imagine the Kree blood/serum has pretty much dissipated in his system - yes it left behind the compelling need to find the temple as a side effect - but other than that, all of Simmons analyses of his blood in season 1 came back normal. IMO it wouldn't bother me at all if it wasn't really brought up again, I think there was enough closure when his compulsions to carve ended.

That's just my opinion though -and I fully acknowledge the show could prove me wrong down the road.

__________________
Hill:Then aliens invaded New York & were beaten back, by among others, a giant green monster, a costumed hero from the 40's...and a god
Ward: I don't think Thor is technically a god.
Hill: Well...you haven't been near his arms.
~Agents of SHIELD
Silvermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 02:16 PM   #684
iambranded
Side-Kick
 
iambranded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 409
Default Re: Coulson Lives! (the Clark Gregg aka Phil Coulson thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
Because the serum/injection of Kree blood that healed him/revived him didn't alter his base genetics at all/didn't make him a potential Inhuman, nor did it change his genetic structure to Kree? He's still human.

Personally, I imagine the Kree blood/serum has pretty much dissipated in his system - yes it left behind the compelling need to find the temple as a side effect - but other than that, all of Simmons analyses of his blood in season 1 came back normal. IMO it wouldn't bother me at all if it wasn't really brought up again, I think there was enough closure when his compulsions to carve ended.

That's just my opinion though -and I fully acknowledge the show could prove me wrong down the road.

Very good points of view.....and granted your right...it probably wont be addressed.....but for such a risk to use the Kree blood / serum and for it to work....why and where did it originate?
How was Fury able to find it and bring Coulson back from the dead?

iambranded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 12:04 AM   #685
lync
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Edwige, Alborn
Posts: 24
Default Re: Coulson Lives! (the Clark Gregg aka Phil Coulson thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambranded View Post
Very good points of view.....and granted your right...it probably wont be addressed.....but for such a risk to use the Kree blood / serum and for it to work....why and where did it originate?
How was Fury able to find it and bring Coulson back from the dead?
Agent Carter and the Howling Commandos recovered the Kree body from Whitehall in his Nazi days, so it was in SRR custody. Shield agent Fury must have somehow learned about it, the rest to be filled in by Marvel.

lync is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 10:10 PM   #686
smallville fan
Hero
 
smallville fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,265
Default Re: Coulson Lives! (the Clark Gregg aka Phil Coulson thread)

According to Clark Gregg's twitter, he seems to dig the idea of being the White Nick Fury.
https://twitter.com/clarkgregg

__________________
Please check out my Power Rangers Movie Fan Trailers!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 02:42 PM   #687
gerrym51
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 126
Default Re: Coulson Lives! (the Clark Gregg aka Phil Coulson thread)

After watching the dirty half dozen episode i finally realized something-

Coulson seems to be acting like he originally did in the movies.

No more wimp-back to badass. thank god

gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 04:55 PM   #688
DN91
SSR Agent
 
DN91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,111
Default Re: Coulson Lives! (the Clark Gregg aka Phil Coulson thread)

I'm probably not the only person that smiled from ear-to-ear when he told Hill to call in the Avengers.

__________________
Captain America: Civil War - 5/6/16
DN91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 06:29 PM   #689
iambranded
Side-Kick
 
iambranded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 409
Default Re: Coulson Lives! (the Clark Gregg aka Phil Coulson thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DN91 View Post
I'm probably not the only person that smiled from ear-to-ear when he told Hill to call in the Avengers.

Coulson is the core of what SHIELD stands for....even more so than Nick Fury in my opinion......

Theta Protocol is certainly

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
An Avengers Initiative


With Maria Hills Help
And after watching Age of ultron

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
The Avengers (New Avengers Academy) is for training potential Avengers

iambranded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 06:43 PM   #690
DN91
SSR Agent
 
DN91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,111
Default Re: Coulson Lives! (the Clark Gregg aka Phil Coulson thread)

In any case, it's neat that it's Coulson who twice now has assembled the Avengers: Once thru death, and now with Theta.

__________________
Captain America: Civil War - 5/6/16
DN91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 07:01 PM   #691
just one thing
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 217
Default Re: Coulson Lives! (the Clark Gregg aka Phil Coulson thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DN91 View Post
In any case, it's neat that it's Coulson who twice now has assembled the Avengers: Once thru death, and now with Theta.
It may be someone taking the piss but first time i saw the word theta spelt out so google it, on the wikipidia page under symbolism and abbreviation there is a few themes that marvel use.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theta

just one thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 11:42 PM   #692
lync
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Edwige, Alborn
Posts: 24
Default Re: Coulson Lives! (the Clark Gregg aka Phil Coulson thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by just one thing View Post
It may be someone taking the piss but first time i saw the word theta spelt out so google it, on the wikipidia page under symbolism and abbreviation there is a few themes that marvel use.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theta
rebirth and resurrection? appropriate for coulson!

lync is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.