The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Films

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2013, 09:25 PM   #1
Rocketman
Banned User

Default Upstream Color

Couldn't find a thread on this amazing movie from Shane Carruth, the writer/director of 2004's Primer. I'd say it's the movie of the year, and if you thought Primer was a mind-bender, wait until you see this masterpiece. The trailer doesn't do it justice - it is literally a modern sci-fi experience that trumps Primer in every way in its complexity and ideas. I'd even compare it to anything Nolan has done, as it's definitely in the Inception/Memento/Prestige family.

After the Blu-Ray/DVD hits this coming Tuesday (May 7), I can't wait for more people to discover it and talk about it. It's going to be "one of those movies," and for those who have already seen it, I'd love to discuss it here! It truly blew me away and I can't stop thinking about it. I was lucky enough to see a special screening of it at my local art museum, and the collective look of the audience's faces, combined with utter silence and awe, was something I've experienced rarely in my movie-going life.

Was anyone else lucky enough to see this amazing film?

TRAILER:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U9KmAlrEXU

Original score by Shane Carruth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QYwhrWoLuE

Rocketman is offline   Reply With Quote