The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead

Old 10-14-2013, 05:57 PM   #126
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

Default Re: The Walking Dead Season 4 Episode 1 "30 Days Without an Accident" Discussion Thre

The pig might be dead, but with those numbers they will keep milking this cow.

DyeLorean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:10 PM   #127
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Walking Dead Season 4 Episode 1 "30 Days Without an Accident" Discussion Thre

I'm surprised they haven't introduced the concept of immunization yet.

Bear in mind, I have yet to read the comic.

Thundercrack85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:18 PM   #128
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeekness View Post
He better not.
I don't want him to die either, but if he passed it on to someone I figure he's also a carrier, but maybe it's random or something.

Figs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:20 PM   #129
The Apocalypse
Side-Kick

After watching the episode I actually thought there was something in the water that infected everyone. They focused a lot on water during this episode..idk..maybe I'm just over-thinking it. Regardless, their camp is screwed.

I was hesitant coming into this episode but I think this might be TWD's best season yet.

The Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:28 PM   #130
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
Well, Kyle Gallner didn't last long.
I think it's hilarious that the fastest man alive can't even outrun a zombie

This was an awesome start to the season, so glad that TWD is back!

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
gohei_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:52 PM   #131
misjuevos
WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

did zach have an accent in the beginning? then it went away. when he is leaving the prison talking to beth.

Old 10-14-2013, 07:56 PM   #132
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Interesting start, basically just setting things up and introducing new characters for the season instead of trying to do anything jaw dropping.

Michonne certainly seems in a better mood and I wasn't expecting Rick to have changed so much. Carol better watch out for Beth, or maybe Beth better see what Carol's Story-time classes entail and stop hugging on Daryl.

Judging by the final scene it looks like the virus is going to the next stage.

Old 10-14-2013, 08:39 PM   #133
waldo3125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Interesting start, basically just setting things up and introducing new characters for the season instead of trying to do anything jaw dropping.

Michonne certainly seems in a better mood and I wasn't expecting Rick to have changed so much. Carol better watch out for Beth, or maybe Beth better see what Carol's Story-time classes entail and stop hugging on Daryl.

Judging by the final scene it looks like the virus is going to the next stage.
That would be awesome if we see an evolved virus!

waldo3125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:50 PM   #134
Schlosser85
Watchful Protector
SHH! Global Moderator

If Daryl's a carrier, that doesn't necessarily mean he's dying. Just as another virus example, people can carry HIV and never develop AIDS but infect other people who develop it.

Movie Review Site:

H.E.
Schlosser85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:53 PM   #135
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
If Daryl's a carrier, that doesn't necessarily mean he's dying. Just as another virus example, people can carry HIV and never develop AIDS but infect other people who develop it.
They are all carriers. That's why they all automaticly turn when the die of anything. It's just dorment when they're alive.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:20 PM   #136
Schlosser85
Watchful Protector
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
They are all carriers. That's why they all automaticly turn when the die of anything. It's just dorment when they're alive.

Assuming whatever killed Violet the Pig and Patrick is the zombie virus...

Movie Review Site:

H.E.
Schlosser85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:20 PM   #137
the dmg
The Funky Homosapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
He's referring to the new strain or whatever killed the kid at the end and gave him those bloodshot eyes.

Anyway, does anyone remember the tainted well episode? When Rick was gardening and found the gun, I thought he was going to find a walker trapped in the ground. Maybe the there is a walker that is buried and tainted the food supply.

Old 10-14-2013, 11:21 PM   #138
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Yeah I thought the same thing when Rick found that buried gun, but interesting theories up here on whatever it is that infected Patrick, Violet and how they might've been infected. At first I didn't know what was going on with Patrick at the end. I started to think he was having an asthma attack or something. Next weeks ep. gonna be chaotic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post

When Rick was going with that creepy woman to meet her husband, when she started going on about food and how they haven't eaten for days, I thought it was going to be the cannibals storyline from the comic.
Though I haven't read any of the comics. I thought she was a cannibal too at first. And was starting to worry for Rick being led to a group of cannibals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDreamMaster View Post
I really enjoyed the the premiere, it was nice to have a slower paced episode.
Agreed.

Last edited by Elevator Man; 10-14-2013 at 11:27 PM.
Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:25 PM   #139
Doctor Jones
No One

I really liked this episode. Call me presumptuous, but I can kind of tell that this season is already gonna be better with the new showrunner. All the set up was excellent. And the character moments, the dialogue, particularly stuff like Rick burying his gun, his stuff with Clara, Daryl and Beth. All actually meant something that you could chew on yet left you wanting to know more.

Doctor Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:26 PM   #140
DyeLorean

I don't think it was slowly paced. I think it had a perfect balance: some personal moments here and there, zombie killings, little bit of action in the market, and finally there's some new 'mystery' about the virus to explore. It was pretty good, to be honest.

Old 10-15-2013, 02:14 AM   #141
TX85
Banned User

Awesome episode and the ending was VERY interesting,Can't wait for the next episode even more than usual,Great start to a new season!

TX85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:52 AM   #142
tzarinna
С новым годом!

Patrick and Zack were both annoying, and I wasn't too crazy about those little girls yelling at the zombies.

I wish Patrick took his ass to the infirmary, ya lil ****.

Die, Bob!

Old 10-15-2013, 04:24 AM   #143
BrollySupersj
just saiyan

Finally got to see it, had a scare there, thought Amazon Instant Video wouldn't upload them.

Anyway, awesome episode. Already raising questions.

Old 10-15-2013, 09:41 AM   #144
yogamble
Side-Kick

Solid awesome opener. Run Scott Gimple run.
I do have a question though. Did anyone else notice Patrick had wet feet already before he did the slow shuffle to the shower? Did he pee himself? What's with the wet feet? Judging by the comic-con teaser with Hershel rambling on about how you cant drink the water idk. The deer and pig stories also make me wonder what kind of pathogen where talking about whether water born, food born, air born or all of the above.

Carl is still a little *****. What's with him getting all pissy when he finds out what story time is really about? Maybe he just wanted to be a kid again for a half hour and was pissed to find out story time was actually survival training. Part of Carl still just want's to play like a normal kid.

yogamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:33 AM   #145
Teelie
Side-Kick Extraordinaire

I didn't notice he was walking with wet feet but it's possible he wet himself or was sweating profusely to the point he left wet foot prints. Being that hot I'd want a cold shower too.

Teelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:49 AM   #146
yogamble
Side-Kick

Could have been from sweating I suppose.

yogamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:31 PM   #147
smallville fan
Hero

Did anybody here find the supermarket scene a little ridiculous with Zombies falling down in video game style?

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:32 PM   #148
TheFuture
Rising

I would just like to point out that the Irish Cork accent is not representative of the entire land.

Old 10-15-2013, 03:30 PM   #149
DyeLorean

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
Did anybody here find the supermarket scene a little ridiculous with Zombies falling down in video game style?
I was thinking "why are they falling now?" They've been there for a long time (don't know how so many zombies got up there, but anyway).

Old 10-15-2013, 03:32 PM   #150
Rowsdower!
Banned User

That Irish chick creeped the hell out of me, even before she introduced us to her dead boyfriend. I think I would have just shot her on the spot. She just had those "I'm going to try and eat you when your back is turned" eyes.

Rowsdower! is offline   Reply With Quote