Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 10:19 AM   #926
dnno1
Side-Kick

Default Re: Discussion: The DEMOCRATIC Party II

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8wid View Post
Martin Luther King Jr. would be disgusted with Al Sharpton today.

BYW. Why does Obama think he needs NATO to intervene in Syria just because it might use chemical weapons on its own people? Did America do so in Iraq or the Soviet Union when they did so. I think not.
He has to follow both the UN and NATO treaties.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:21 AM   #927
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnno1 View Post
It was a humorous segment, but the real point here that Sharpton is trying to make is that Paul Ryan is not very successful as a legislator. He's only had 2 bills passed under his 14+ year tenure.
It's not really that funny. I do get the point that he is trying to make, but going after the fitness angle just makes him look quite sad and pathetic. It makes it even worse when it should be incredibly easy to go after Ryan's tenure as a legislator.

Old 08-23-2012, 12:58 PM   #928
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_hunter View Post
It's not really that funny. I do get the point that he is trying to make, but going after the fitness angle just makes him look quite sad and pathetic. It makes it even worse when it should be incredibly easy to go after Ryan's tenure as a legislator.
That's trivial compared to some of the lies that some right wing media outlets have created and put on the air about Barack Obama. What Sharpton aired is hardly any thing to get bent out of shape over. It's based on factual information.

Old 08-23-2012, 02:43 PM   #929
chaseter
What? Hm. Well...WOW

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Old 08-23-2012, 05:35 PM   #930
Arc-Light
Forward and beyond

Ill put this here.......

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/nationa...ates-democrats

I for one don't care what most people think, but this guy is a judge, and we have to wonder what this guys mental complicity is....

Old 08-23-2012, 05:51 PM   #931
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc-Light View Post
Ill put this here.......

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/nationa...ates-democrats

I for one don't care what most people think, but this guy is a judge, and we have to wonder what this guys mental complicity is....
People were making the same threat four years ago that if Obama won they were gonna split from the Union. There were petitions and online groups calling for it. Load of BS. They have no army and would be up **** creek in a hurry if they actually did any of this nonsense they threaten to do. Just a bunch of pissed off spoiled children kicking and screaming because they arent getting their way. They wanna leave the Union they can hop on the first plane whereever and they can really
see just how well they have it here.

The Most Astounding Fact (Neil deGrasse Tyson, HD):
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Last edited by Marvolo; 08-23-2012 at 05:54 PM.
Old 08-23-2012, 05:55 PM   #932
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnno1 View Post
That's trivial compared to some of the lies that some right wing media outlets have created and put on the air about Barack Obama. What Sharpton aired is hardly any thing to get bent out of shape over. It's based on factual information.
Just because one side does it doesn't mean that when the other side does it makes it right, or even okay.

Old 08-23-2012, 07:18 PM   #933
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_hunter View Post
Just because one side does it doesn't mean that when the other side does it makes it right, or even okay.
I have said this soooooo many times on here, but it doesn't sink in with people....

"Two wrongs....DO NOT MAKE A RIGHT...just makes it more wrong....

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 08-23-2012, 08:18 PM   #934
Scooter
Banned User

Still holds.

Old 08-26-2012, 07:06 PM   #935
Marx
Pixelated

Lightbulb Re: Discussion: The DEMOCRATIC Party II

The Democratic National Convention officially kicks off next week! The convention thread is now up!

The 2012 Democratic National Convention
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=392409

Old 09-04-2012, 08:06 PM   #936
chaseter
What? Hm. Well...WOW

MSNBC and Harry Reid just attacked Paul Ryan's marathon time................................... : /

Old 09-04-2012, 08:26 PM   #937
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
MSNBC and Harry Reid just attacked Paul Ryan's marathon time................................... : /
lol.....not surprised...there will be more of that.....if people don't have a strong stomach, I wouldn't watch it. It's going to get entertaining.......

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 09-04-2012, 08:27 PM   #938
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
I think it shows a common pattern with Ryan that he isn't that honest. Why exactly would he lie about marathon times is beyond me

Old 09-04-2012, 08:28 PM   #939
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV Fan View Post
I think it shows a common pattern with Ryan that he isn't that honest. Why exactly would he lie about marathon times is beyond me
Yeah....damn politicians...can't trust any of them, and they are childish as hell too......and petty, its weird how they all have those things in common. I wonder if its in the water...

~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 09-04-2012, 08:30 PM   #940
Paradoxium
Making Your Head Explode

Marathon is so SWPL. Gimme strong, robust, and balanced... not skinny with bloody nipples

Old 09-04-2012, 08:32 PM   #941
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Bad visual...

~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 09-04-2012, 08:34 PM   #942
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Yeah....damn politicians...can't trust any of them, and they are childish as hell too......and petty, its weird how they all have those things in common. I wonder if its in the water...
The problem is Ryan was presented as some guy who is a straight shooter who would talk about real issues and now he's basically been declawed into a Romney Clone.

The marathon thing in itself may not be terrible, but when you factor he just gave a speech that was seen by millions of people that many people pointed out was full of holes it just adds to his marathon of lieing.

Old 09-04-2012, 08:36 PM   #943
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
The problem is Ryan was presented as some guy who is a straight shooter who would talk about real issues and now he's basically been declawed into a Romney Clone.

The marathon thing in itself may not be terrible, but when you factor he just gave a speech that was seen by millions of people that many people pointed out was full of holes it just adds to his marathon of lieing.
I'll just *smile and shake my head*..... I think I'll do that more often....just *smile*.

~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 09-04-2012, 08:36 PM   #944
Schlosser85
Watchful Protector
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:

Nice sound byte.

"This isn't just a short burst of lies...it's a marathon. A 'marathon of lies', if you will."

Movie Review Site:

H.E.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:52 PM   #945
chaseter
What? Hm. Well...WOW

Quote:
hahahahahaha oh my. Ed Shultz's fat butt couldn't run a 10 hour marathon.

WHO CARES? If you want to talk about lies...look no further than the commander in chief. But lets worry about Paul Ryan's self professed marathon time.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:23 PM   #946
Schlosser85
Watchful Protector
SHH! Global Moderator

Agreed, who the hell cares if Ryan lied about his marathon time, or Obama and Romney's high school grades?

We're in a recession, if you haven't noticed. Just maybe we should focus on what the candidates plan to do about that.

Old 09-04-2012, 09:43 PM   #947
Paradoxium
Making Your Head Explode

They don't have any. They plan to use the same geniuses in Congress who fail time and again. That's the joke and punch line.

Old 09-04-2012, 09:54 PM   #948
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
Agreed, who the hell cares if Ryan lied about his marathon time, or Obama and Romney's high school grades?

We're in a recession, if you haven't noticed. Just maybe we should focus on what the candidates plan to do about that.
You mean there is a plan? We cant be talking about Romney and Obama cause last I checked they dont have a plan. Least not one that will actually work. Im still baffled why a country, nay, a world full of economists our government cant pool the resources and come up with a workable plan.

The Most Astounding Fact (Neil deGrasse Tyson, HD):
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Old 09-04-2012, 09:55 PM   #949
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
You mean there is a plan? We cant be talking about Romney and Obama cause last I checked they dont have a plan. Least not one that will actually work. Im still baffled why a country, nay, a world full of economists our government cant pool the resources and come up with a workable plan.
No leadership..... pretty simple.

~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 09-04-2012, 10:06 PM   #950
Paradoxium
Making Your Head Explode

Politically, it makes no sense to be specific. Being specific opens you up to attacks. That's one of the reasons why I went with the "most boring" theory, the least offensive guy taking it home. This theory was more relevant since last time exciting was "Sarah Palin". Romney was technically the next most boring to Z-Paw.

But Romney's Ryan selection threw me off. I was betting Z-Paw & Portman, but lost on 2 out of 3 odds. But it was close.

Closed Thread