The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 05-25-2017, 02:52 AM   #776
Smilodon
Side-Kick

Default Re: FX's The Americans

Reminds me of Jared from S2. I think there's definitely some generational parallels meant to be read from Tuan v Elizabeth/Philip.

Smilodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 03:48 AM   #777
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleb View Post
Tuan is a savage
Yeah I did NOT know he had that in him. I mean, even Elizabeth looked horrified, lol.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."

flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 05:18 PM   #778
kane9321
oakland's finest

If Philip finds about the KGB not letting his son see him..OHH LAWD

I miss
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Martha..
glad she's ok

Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
The X-Men films are like an abusive boyfriend.
They treat you well, (X-Men 1 and 2) and then they show their true colors (X3 and Wolverine: Origins), then they promise that they can change (X-Men: First Class and The Wolverine), now you see them with a prostitute. (X-Men: DOTFP)
kane9321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 01:25 AM   #779
kvz5
HBIC
SHH! Global Moderator

Glad Elizabeth put the fear on Tuan a bit. He was getting too detached and cold.

kvz5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 02:24 AM   #780
Smilodon
Side-Kick

I thought Elizabeth was gonna straight up smack the **** out of Tuan. I think the vast majority of adults would've lost it there.

Interesting table setting for the last few episodes. This season sent a lot of time setting the grounds for next season, and I don't know if I'll be able to handle everything coming together.

Old 05-31-2017, 02:36 AM   #781
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Yeah, I was really expecting Elizabeth to GO IN on Tuan, so that chat was a little surprising. However, given her conversation at the end with Phillip, I think she's just going soft in general. She's had some genuinely sweet moments with both Phillip and Paige this season that would have seemed out of character for her a couple seasons ago, imo.

Overall, this was the first season that didn't feel like an obvious improvement over the previous season to me, but it also didn't feel like a step back and seemed like a lot of set up for the final season.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."

flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 12:52 PM   #782
Kaleb
Devil of Hells Kitchen

Philip Jennings From ‘The Americans’ Is The Saddest Man On TV

Philip Jennings is sad. Philip Jennings is so sad. All the time. If there’s one thing you should take away from this season of The Americans, it’s that. Not that he’s the only character dealing with some heavy stuff. Most of the people on the show are, really. Paige is an emotional disaster. Oleg is in constant fear of being squeezed by intelligence agents, both foreign and domestic. Martha was on screen for five minutes and managed to cook the single most depressing potato I’ve ever seen. The only reasonably happy character on the show right now is Henry, the Jennings’ math whiz teenage son, and that’s teetering on doom too because his parents are preparing to drop a “Let’s move to Russia” bomb on his brilliant little head.

Old 05-31-2017, 12:53 PM   #783
Kaleb
Devil of Hells Kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
Yeah, I was really expecting Elizabeth to GO IN on Tuan, so that chat was a little surprising. However, given her conversation at the end with Phillip, I think she's just going soft in general. She's had some genuinely sweet moments with both Phillip and Paige this season that would have seemed out of character for her a couple seasons ago, imo.

Overall, this was the first season that didn't feel like an obvious improvement over the previous season to me, but it also didn't feel like a step back and seemed like a lot of set up for the final season.

For me it felt like a mid season finale.

Old 06-01-2017, 01:45 AM   #784
PrehistoricDog
No One Likes Cheap Wine

Well damn, only one season left. Martha truly deserves some happiness with Olya.

PrehistoricDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 12:29 PM   #785
X-Ray
Ippiki-ookami

Summing up Liz's advice to Tuan: You need to get laid.

Beeman's gf seemed a little disappointed in his decision. Something about that woman.

Poor Phil, so close to being back home.

X-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 09:22 PM   #786
Doctor Jones
No One

I feel like Beeman may have picked up on his new girlfriend. She's trying to convince him to stay. You don't just get Laurie Holden to play the girlfriend.

Anyway, excellent finale. This show is just impeccable.

Doctor Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 11:36 PM   #787
Kaleb
Devil of Hells Kitchen

I get the feeling that fans should get used to the idea that they will probably not see a showdown between Stan and Philip/Elizabeth, as its my understanding that the Illegals Program/ ''sleeper agents'' the KGB and (later the FSB) were running was only bought down in 2001-2010?

(someone who knows their history slightly better might be able to clear that up)

Old 06-05-2017, 01:46 AM   #788
X-Ray
Ippiki-ookami

Yeah I remember the Russian sleeper cells that were exposed during Obama's first term. One very hot red head, might've been a former model, stood out because of her sexiness. I remember hearing they were welcomed back home with a heroes welcome of some sort. I can see the show fitting that event in the series finale.

X-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 04:06 AM   #789
Smilodon
Side-Kick

I don't think we'll get a showdown either. Just a realization from Stan as Philip and Elizabeth get away probably.

Old 06-05-2017, 07:06 PM   #790
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

There are people who think there was gonna be some kind of showdown?

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 12:27 AM   #791
PrehistoricDog
No One Likes Cheap Wine

PrehistoricDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 03:54 PM   #792
Kaleb
Devil of Hells Kitchen

The Americans: Paige dons a disguise in season 6 first look

Welcome to the family business, Paige (Holly Taylor)! In the Cold War drama’s sixth and final season — which begins with a three-year time jump to late 1987 — Philip (Matthew Rhys) has retired from espionage, and Elizabeth (Keri Russell) has recruited their daughter as a spy-in-training. “Paige is completely committed to being part of what is now her mother’s business,” executive producer Joel Fields says. “Paige and Elizabeth are joining forces.”

And Elizabeth, adds EP Joe Weisberg, loves having her daughter around on the job. “This is really Elizabeth’s dream,” he says. “This is what Elizabeth has wanted for a long time, and it’s finally happening.”

Old 12-08-2017, 04:38 PM   #793
Doctor Jones
No One

Holy ****.

I'm gonna love this. I can't ****ing wait.

Doctor Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:31 PM   #794
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Oh, snap!

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 09:29 AM   #795
Golgo-13
Bangers & Mash

Last season was a bit of a snoozefest. Hope this season picks things back up.

Every morning a Lion wakes up, it knows it must outrun the slowest Gazelle, or it will starve to death.

It doesn't matter whether you're a LION or a GAZELLE when the sun comes up, you better be RUNNING!
Golgo-13 is offline   Reply With Quote