The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2017, 11:31 PM   #476
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick
 
Tacit Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 19,097
Default Re: All Things DCEU News, Discussion, and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boy Scout View Post
And not to pick sides, but at least Ayer admitted what he did was wrong. Mackie (AFAIK) did not.
Oh no! I hope the special snowflakes don't wither.

__________________
The GOP is a radical insurgency; it's not a political party -- Noam Chomsky.
Tacit Ronin is offline  
Old 02-17-2017, 11:36 PM   #477
Boy Scout
Side-Kick
 
Boy Scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 10,920
Default Re: All Things DCEU News, Discussion, and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacit Ronin View Post
Oh no! I hope the special snowflakes don't wither.
Uh, right.

I'm not saying I need an apology, but if you're going to criticize Ayer, you should at least acknowledge that he apologized. Whether or not that makes up for what he did (which wasn't a big deal in the first place) is a different conversation.

Boy Scout is offline  
Old 02-17-2017, 11:47 PM   #478
A Necessary Evil
One. Bad. Day.
 
A Necessary Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 9,215
Default Re: All Things DCEU News, Discussion, and Speculation - Part 1

He probably apologized because the DCEU is a giant meme at this point.

__________________
This is my design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacit Ronin View Post
The way SONY dominated Marc Webb was way more hardcore than anything in 50 Shades anyways.
A Necessary Evil is offline  
Old 02-18-2017, 12:06 AM   #479
Boy Scout
Side-Kick
 
Boy Scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 10,920
Default Re: All Things DCEU News, Discussion, and Speculation - Part 1

I doubt it. I think he's just the kind of guy who doesn't mind owning up to his behavior.

Boy Scout is offline  
Old 02-18-2017, 01:58 AM   #480
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,234
Default Re: All Things DCEU News, Discussion, and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boy Scout View Post
And not to pick sides, but at least Ayer admitted what he did was wrong. Mackie (AFAIK) did not.
Why did Mackie have to apologize? He was asked his opinion and he gave it, aggressive bias notwithstanding. In contrast, Ayer made an unsolicited, profane jab at a premiere.

Saitou Hajime is online now  
Old 02-18-2017, 02:40 AM   #481
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick
 
Jake Cassidy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 17,927
Default Re: All Things DCEU News, Discussion, and Speculation - Part 1

^ Some guy in the crowd shouted it out and he just said it back. It's not that big of a deal.

RDJ said "**** DC" back in 2008 when he was talking about The Dark Knight.

None of this **** matters.

As for Mackie, someone should remind him that he's just a sidekick.


Last edited by Jake Cassidy; 02-18-2017 at 02:46 AM.
Jake Cassidy is offline  
Old 02-18-2017, 04:26 AM   #482
Chesterfield
Side-Kick
 
Chesterfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 3,366
Default Re: All Things DCEU News, Discussion, and Speculation - Part 1

A sidekick that's getting more love and starring in better films than both Batman and Superman.

__________________
The Black Panther is the original king of prep time.

Never trust a big butt and a smile...

If you're looking for sympathy, try somewhere between 's**t' and 'syphilis', in a dictionary.
Chesterfield is offline  
Old 02-18-2017, 04:33 AM   #483
BH/HHH
You Are My World
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 26,754
Default Re: All Things DCEU News, Discussion, and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
Transformers 2, 3, 4, and most assuredly 5 will continue to make boatloads of money. That MUST mean they're good. Because they made money.
Did I say that though? Someone was saying it was ok for one cause of success well if you want to play that card then DC has also been succesful. Also seen as though people want to use sports analogies it's m like a team in say football (Soccer) winning a league title and one winning a cup. The league may be better but a cup is still success.

This is my issue with posters like you, you spin what others say to make your point. Go back and read what the discussion was actually about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Surfer View Post
The Patriots (Marvel) can talk ****, the Browns (DCEU) can't. Success and a lack thereof creates different standards.
This isn't sport though and even if it was. If one wants to give another **** they cannot then say the other shouldnt. That's a double standard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boy Scout View Post
Personally, I think it's all equally unprofessional.
I agree

__________________
#TEAM SNYDER

Last edited by BH/HHH; 02-18-2017 at 04:37 AM.
BH/HHH is offline  
Old 02-18-2017, 06:41 AM   #484
TeeKay
Side-Kick
 
TeeKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 13,856
Default Re: All Things DCEU News, Discussion, and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManWithNoName18 View Post
In another more unfortunate director update Matt Reeves has dropped out of negotiations to direct the Batman solo

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
It has something resembling a head and eyes, but a face?
TeeKay is offline  
Old 02-18-2017, 06:47 AM   #485
A Necessary Evil
One. Bad. Day.
 
A Necessary Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 9,215
Default Re: All Things DCEU News, Discussion, and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Did I say that though?
Yes. You literally said it was a success because it made money. I'm not spinning anything.

__________________
This is my design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacit Ronin View Post
The way SONY dominated Marc Webb was way more hardcore than anything in 50 Shades anyways.
A Necessary Evil is offline  
Old 02-18-2017, 07:13 AM   #486
BH/HHH
You Are My World
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 26,754
Default Re: All Things DCEU News, Discussion, and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
Yes. You literally said it was a success because it made money. I'm not spinning anything.
A financial one is what I said because people like to act like it wasn't. Actually bother to read the whole post to get my entire point to which I was responding to instead of pulling out parts and spinning it to suit your agenda saying that making money clearly makes a film good. Which I never said, I also said that a movie been good it bad is objective. There's no black and white with films, if someone likes a film it is good to them. That's a fact.

Here is what you actually said

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
Transformers 2, 3, 4, and most assuredly 5 will continue to make boatloads of money. That MUST mean they're good. Because they made money.
You didn't say jack about success you said about a movies quality.

__________________
#TEAM SNYDER

Last edited by BH/HHH; 02-18-2017 at 07:17 AM.
BH/HHH is offline  
Old 02-18-2017, 08:33 AM   #487
Micromind
Side-Kick
 
Micromind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In Shadows
Posts: 14,168
Default Re: All Things DCEU News, Discussion, and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
Transformers 2, 3, 4, and most assuredly 5 will continue to make boatloads of money. That MUST mean they're good. Because they made money.
I think BH/HHH was making a point to a post made by harlequinade that BvS made enough money, so it was a successful in financial terms, he was not saying anything about the quality of the movie (or lack thereof)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlequinade View Post
That's rich from someone calling BvS a success.

Ermm because financially it most certainly was. Theatrically and on home video formats.

Anyway you're clearly just out for an argument so that's the end of that one. Of course you will follow that up with you're not surprised but maybe the fact it keeps happening to you should make you less surprised.

__________________

Micromind is offline  
Old 02-18-2017, 08:48 AM   #488
harlequinade
Little Mermaid
 
harlequinade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Atlantis, evidently
Posts: 5,673
Default Re: All Things DCEU News, Discussion, and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
I think BH/HHH was making a point to a post made by harlequinade that BvS made enough money, so it was a successful in financial terms, he was not saying anything about the quality of the movie (or lack thereof)
He said plenty of how it's amazing because it's exactly the kind of movie Snyder wanted to make etc. So that means it's a major success, apparently.

__________________
https://letterboxd.com/sati/
https://twitter.com/lady_sati
Protect James Wan's Aquaman at all costs
harlequinade is online now  
Old 02-18-2017, 09:02 AM   #489
Consona
Side-Kick
 
Consona's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 3,481
Default Re: All Things DCEU News, Discussion, and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManWithNoName18 View Post
In another more unfortunate director update Matt Reeves has dropped out of negotiations to direct the Batman solo
Did not like this choice in the first place so I'm ok with it. They should hire Verbinski. Or Snyder, with great script he would make an excellent Batman film. I loved his horror Batman stuff in BvS and Snyder's fight scenes are fantastic. But I'd go with Verbinski.

__________________
Top CBMs: TDK, MoS, BvS UE, X-DoFP

Last edited by Consona; 02-18-2017 at 09:05 AM.
Consona is offline  
Old 02-18-2017, 09:34 AM   #490
BH/HHH
You Are My World
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 26,754
Default Re: All Things DCEU News, Discussion, and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
I think BH/HHH was making a point to a post made by harlequinade that BvS made enough money, so it was a successful in financial terms, he was not saying anything about the quality of the movie (or lack thereof)
Exactly what I said

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlequinade View Post
He said plenty of how it's amazing because it's exactly the kind of movie Snyder wanted to make etc. So that means it's a major success, apparently.
No I did not stop putting words into my mouth.

__________________
#TEAM SNYDER
BH/HHH is offline  
Old 02-18-2017, 09:35 AM   #491
MbJ
Side-Kick
 
MbJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 9,277
Default Re: All Things DCEU News, Discussion, and Speculation - Part 1

Snyder needs to be kept 100 feet away from this production at all times.

MbJ is offline  
Old 02-18-2017, 10:02 AM   #492
harlequinade
Little Mermaid
 
harlequinade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Atlantis, evidently
Posts: 5,673
Default Re: All Things DCEU News, Discussion, and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Exactly what I said



No I did not stop putting words into my mouth.

My bad. You just agreed with another poster http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=408

so clearly you believe that.

__________________
https://letterboxd.com/sati/
https://twitter.com/lady_sati
Protect James Wan's Aquaman at all costs
harlequinade is online now  
Old 02-18-2017, 10:05 AM   #493
Boy Scout
Side-Kick
 
Boy Scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 10,920
Default Re: All Things DCEU News, Discussion, and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saitou Hajime View Post
Why did Mackie have to apologize?
If I remember correctly, he was politely asked his opinion, aggressively stated it, and implied that the interviewer had poor taste for liking the movie. Ayer insulted a company. Mackie insulted a person.

Boy Scout is offline  
Old 02-18-2017, 10:06 AM   #494
I Am The Knight
Infinity
 
I Am The Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: The Multiverse
Posts: 20,161
Default Re: All Things DCEU News, Discussion, and Speculation - Part 1



I'll say that Mackie was rude to that guy but probably not in a mean way so he would not feel the need to apologize. He was having fun with the guy.

I Am The Knight is offline  
Old 02-18-2017, 10:10 AM   #495
harlequinade
Little Mermaid
 
harlequinade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Atlantis, evidently
Posts: 5,673
Default Re: All Things DCEU News, Discussion, and Speculation - Part 1

On the day Logan has 96% on RT atm The Batman negotiations fall apart.

Why can't people at WB just get their **** together? Other studios manage. Is it really that hard to figure out how to make at least decent movies without some 'catastrophic' rumors circulating every few days?

__________________
https://letterboxd.com/sati/
https://twitter.com/lady_sati
Protect James Wan's Aquaman at all costs
harlequinade is online now  
Old 02-18-2017, 10:17 AM   #496
misslane38
Side-Kick
 
misslane38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,311
Default Re: All Things DCEU News, Discussion, and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am The Knight View Post


I'll say that Mackie was rude to that guy but probably not in a mean way so he would not feel the need to apologize. He was having fun with the guy.
One cannot have fun and not be mean while also being rude. If one is rude, the underlying intention is irrelevant. The "I was just joking" defense is the worst because it suggests that a lack of respect is excusable if it is presented in fun package. I know because the middle school kids I work with use that defense all the time during peer mediation and bullying meetings.

misslane38 is offline  
Old 02-18-2017, 10:21 AM   #497
Boy Scout
Side-Kick
 
Boy Scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 10,920
Default Re: All Things DCEU News, Discussion, and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am The Knight View Post


I'll say that Mackie was rude to that guy but probably not in a mean way so he would not feel the need to apologize. He was having fun with the guy.
That doesn't justify being rude.

Here's my point: if one of them behaved unprofessionally, then they're both guilty of it. Ayer slandered a company and Mackie made fun of someone with a different opinion, and yet most people only concern themselves with the actions of the former. It's a double standard and I hate double standards. They were both unprofessional. I don't much care about either situation, but let's be honest here.

Boy Scout is offline  
Old 02-18-2017, 10:24 AM   #498
BH/HHH
You Are My World
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 26,754
Default Re: All Things DCEU News, Discussion, and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlequinade View Post
My bad. You just agreed with another poster http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=408

so clearly you believe that.
Yes I agreed that Snyder is proud of BvS which is what I said not that it makes the film amazing or a major success. So again you are wrong!

__________________
#TEAM SNYDER
BH/HHH is offline  
Old 02-18-2017, 10:26 AM   #499
Micromind
Side-Kick
 
Micromind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In Shadows
Posts: 14,168
Default Re: All Things DCEU News, Discussion, and Speculation - Part 1

I think we should move on, and discuss upcoming movies instead of who said what or who's opinion is right or wrong..

__________________


Last edited by Micromind; 02-18-2017 at 10:40 AM.
Micromind is offline  
Old 02-18-2017, 10:36 AM   #500
I Am The Knight
Infinity
 
I Am The Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: The Multiverse
Posts: 20,161
Default Re: All Things DCEU News, Discussion, and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boy Scout View Post
That doesn't justify being rude.

Here's my point: if one of them behaved unprofessionally, then they're both guilty of it. Ayer slandered a company and Mackie made fun of someone with a different opinion, and yet most people only concern themselves with the actions of the former. It's a double standard and I hate double standards. They were both unprofessional. I don't much care about either situation, but let's be honest here.
Oh I'm not really trying to justify Mackie's behaviour. I do find it obnoxious, but I don't think it's a huge deal in the end that warrants a public apology. I do agree it's a double standard for other people to criticize one party and not the other but personally speaking I don't care much about Ayer saying "f*** Marvel". Both Mackie are Ayer said idiotic things trying to be cool, but I don't think Mackie or Ayer were being malicious.

__________________
Before SHH, your miserable, insignificant little life was laughable. Now that you've found SHH, have you noticed you've become more popular? Suddenly EVERYONE wants to hang out with you.

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by SkullDevil! / ?
I Am The Knight is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:35 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.