The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > SHH Community Forum

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 08:32 AM   #76
harlequinade
Little Mermaid

Default Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludovica View Post
That girl is Violet Paley.
No. The situation with the sex scene filmed in the car and protection being removed. If I read that correctly.

Old 01-11-2018, 08:36 AM   #77
ludovica
Daddy Feige notice me!

Default Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlequinade View Post
No. The situation with the sex scene filmed in the car and protection being removed. If I read that correctly.
Maybe I'm going crazy...
I re-read the article and seems to me you are mixing things up.

Black Widow, Wasp, Wanda, Valkyrie, Captain Marvel, Monica Rambeau & Black Panther for Avengers 5!

DCEU is dead, long live DCFU
DCFU optimist: Shazam!

WAKANDA FOREVAAA!!!
Old 01-11-2018, 08:39 AM   #78
Reek
_________

“I was talking to him, all of a sudden his penis was out,” said Paley. “I got really nervous, and I said, ‘Can we do this later?’ He was kind of nudging my head down, and I just didn’t want him to hate me, so I did it.”

how did that confuse anyone? it clearly says... SAID PALEY

Old 01-11-2018, 09:16 AM   #79
harlequinade
Little Mermaid

"Tither-Kaplan appeared fully nude in the background of the scene while other women were chosen to partake in the simulated orgy opposite Franco, whose character was performing oral sex on the women. Tither-Kaplan said that in each case Franco “removed a clear plastic guard that covered their vaginas — and continued to simulate the sex act with no protection.”"

I mixed that up with something I read about Franco and limo and lots of girls. That is gross and should be looked into by whatever union Franco is in

Old 01-11-2018, 09:47 AM   #80
ludovica
Daddy Feige notice me!

So simulating oral sex is bad but forcing real oral sex would not be?
I agree it's really bad what he did, removing the protection but if you really do not see the car situation (if true) as sexual aggression, well, agree to disagree big time.

Black Widow, Wasp, Wanda, Valkyrie, Captain Marvel, Monica Rambeau & Black Panther for Avengers 5!

WAKANDA FOREVAAA!!!
Old 01-11-2018, 09:51 AM   #81
Blackman
C'mon Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludovica View Post
So simulating oral sex is bad but forcing real oral sex would not be?
I agree it's really bad what he did, removing the protection but if you really do not see the car situation (if true) as sexual aggression, well, agree to disagree big time.
As do I

Old 01-11-2018, 09:57 AM   #82
harlequinade
Little Mermaid

Well if we are gonna twist words now...
To me she is unreliable. Which after seeing her tweets and making fun of rape I do not expect to change.

Old 01-11-2018, 10:06 AM   #83
ludovica
Daddy Feige notice me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlequinade View Post
Well if we are gonna twist words now...
To me she is unreliable. Which after seeing her tweets and making fun of rape I do not expect to change.
Not twisting anything, you have a twitter link in your signature, I clicked out of curiosity and maybe wrongly considered your words there along with this thread.
May be bad netiquette on my part.

WAKANDA FOREVAAA!!!
Old 01-11-2018, 10:08 AM   #84
Schlosser85
Watchful Protector
SHH! Global Moderator

Franco being skeevy isn't breaking news.

Movie Review Site:

H.E.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:25 AM   #85
Teelie
Merc with a paintbrush

The Paley claim sounds strikingly similar to this more reliable one.

Quote:
Savage turned down a dirt road and told her there were plans to build a church in the area, she wrote. At a dead end, he parked the truck, turned the headlights off, unzipped his jeans, exposed himself and requested oral sex, Woodson alleged.
"I was scared and embarrassed, but I did it. I remember feeling that this must mean that Andy loved me. He then asked me to unbutton my shirt. I did," she wrote, explaining that Savage began fondling her breasts.
CNN

I'm not saying Paley is a liar (she said they were in a consensual relationship at the time further blurring the line of coercement and consent) but it still stood out to me how similar these two incidents are.

Old 01-11-2018, 10:26 AM   #86
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
Skeevy? Yes. He is basically one of those annoying YT personalities before they were a thing, who has his own boys club, so it isn't strange at all. But him being a potential sexual harasser, sexual assaulter and rapist, is something else entirely.

Last edited by DarthSkywalker; 01-11-2018 at 10:29 AM.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:29 AM   #87
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Skeevy? Yes. He is basically one of those annoying YT personalities before they were a thing, who has his own boys club, so it isn't strange at all. But him being a potential sexual assaulter and rapist, is something else entirely.
Agreed. The things the story claims he did go way beyond being just sleazy.

Old 01-11-2018, 10:29 AM   #88
ludovica
Daddy Feige notice me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teelie View Post
The Paley claim sounds strikingly similar to this more reliable one.

CNN

I'm not saying Paley is a liar (she said they were in a consensual relationship at the time further blurring the line of coercement and consent) but it still stood out to me how similar these two incidents are.
They may be similar incidents because sleaze bags often use similar tactics.

WAKANDA FOREVAAA!!!
Old 01-11-2018, 10:42 AM   #89
Doug_Moore
Side-Kick

Quote:
Is Trump still the President after like 14 women came out accussing him of various departures from normal behavior ranging from accusations of sexual assault to rape? Yeah, five cases of alleged creep/sexual harassment type behavior won’t sink Franco, whether he deserves it or not.
Unfortunately, accusations aren't enough. We need concrete evidence to weed out the real accusers from the fake ones.

Caught on tape with one of his victims is what brought Weinstein down.

Old 01-11-2018, 10:52 AM   #90
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug_Moore View Post
Unfortunately, accusations aren't enough. We need concrete evidence to weed out the real accusers from the fake ones.

What tape or concret evidence was there for Lous C.K. or Matt Lauer? Kevin Spacey?

Old 01-11-2018, 11:03 AM   #91
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug_Moore View Post

Don't we have a tape of Trump literally admitting to something that would be categorized at least as sexual assault…?

Old 01-11-2018, 11:18 AM   #92
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPresident View Post
Don't we have a tape of Trump literally admitting to something that would be categorized at least as sexual assault…?
Yes. Not that that ever mattered.

Old 01-11-2018, 11:19 AM   #93
Schlosser85
Watchful Protector
SHH! Global Moderator

We all know Franco tried to hook up with an underage girl years ago, so him being sexually questionable isn't breaking news either.

Movie Review Site:

H.E.
Old 01-11-2018, 11:27 AM   #94
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
We all know Franco tried to hook up with an underage girl years ago, so him being sexually questionable isn't breaking news either.
Technically, he didn't do anything wrong by the state law. So I think that is why it was basically ignored. But yeah...

Old 01-11-2018, 11:29 AM   #95
KevTravels
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
On the topic of being woke up by sex, if I'm in a relationship and my significant other wants to wake me up in a special way I'm not going to be upset. But I wouldn't do it to my SO without knowing they are ok with that sort of thing. I wouldn't do it to someone I've only hooked up with once randomly. Some people are ok with being woke up by sex and some arent. Waking someone up that way and them not being ok with it could lead to a number of unpleasant scenarios. Testicles crushed by furious woman, nose or jaw broken by furious woman, penis broken by furious woman, both people could be left feeling dirty and weird and awkward etc. So as a rule you should always make sure your partner is ok with a special wake up before you actually give them a special wake up.
Exactly. Communication and Respect

Old 01-11-2018, 11:39 AM   #96
Frodo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah. I pretty much believe Franco's accusers.

I don't buy the Michael Douglas accuser, and i'm highly skeptical about the Stan Lee nursing home situation, but yeah, I buy the Franco accusations.

Old 01-11-2018, 12:50 PM   #97
BestGirl
Chillin' on Dragonstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Technically, he didn't do anything wrong by the state law. So I think that is why it was basically ignored. But yeah...
It's not illegal but to hit on a girl who is that close to being a minor sends up a major red flag.

Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it’s the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters. - Greg Rucka
Old 01-11-2018, 12:53 PM   #98
Mandon Knight
Side-Kick

I'm sorry, when is 'waking somebody up' with a sexual 'alarm clock' ever okay, when the other person is asleep ?

Old 01-11-2018, 12:56 PM   #99
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestGirl View Post
It's not illegal but to hit on a girl who is that close to being a minor sends up a major red flag.
Maybe I am mistaken, but I do believe it was a minor. But the age of consent in the state is 17. So still a minor I think and in many states, would be a crime.

Old 01-11-2018, 01:08 PM   #100
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandon Knight View Post
I'm sorry, when is 'waking somebody up' with a sexual 'alarm clock' ever okay, when the other person is asleep ?
When the other person is okay with it, I guess. Had a co-worker once brag about waking up that morning with his girl performing fellatio on him.

"We're living in a world where we're having our rights taken away by giant corporations, and [fanboys] were cheering for another corporation to eventually take our rights away...because we'll get superhero movies!" --writer Brandon Easton on the Disney/Fox merger

https://www.facebook.com/MythworldeMedia/
Closed Thread