The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > SHH Community Forum

Old 02-22-2018, 02:43 AM   #26
RetrogradeOrbit
My own Dark Passenger

Default Re: Smplification of the Forums?

I quite like how things are set up now. Yes, it can be a bit of a pain in the arse to navigate it all.
But I like the fact that we can have numerous threads beneath each forum entry, it means that we do not have to have just one thread where everything about a show/movie has to go.

Although to contradict my earlier statement! Maybe the front end could be simplified by having a DC and Marvel forum and then all relevant movie and TV threads beneath.

I must agree now that Star Trek is back on TV (kind of!) it deserves its own forum...

I got thrown out of a window! What's the f***ing charge for getting pushed out of a moving car, huh? Jaywalking?

My father gave me one piece of advice. He said "Always. .." No, he said "Never..." well actually he gave me two pieces of advice, I've forgotten the other one. But the important one is, "Never chase a man over a cliff".
RetrogradeOrbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 04:27 AM   #27
Flash525
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetrogradeOrbit View Post
I quite like how things are set up now. Yes, it can be a bit of a pain in the arse to navigate it all.
But I like the fact that we can have numerous threads beneath each forum entry, it means that we do not have to have just one thread where everything about a show/movie has to go.
But why? That's my ... query. Why do you specifically like it? Not that I'm intending to drill you about your opinion..

Lets take any given hero, Shazam for example; there's a section for the Shazam film, then there's a section for the Shazam Sequel (we haven't even got the first one yet - and we've got no posts in this section at all) and then there's a section for the Shazam World which has a total of four topics.

I would argue (not actually argue) that a discussion on Shazam would be perfectly safe in a more generalised DC discussion; if people wish to discuss a specific character, they can put it in the title like a lot of people do anyway. Sequel discussions can take place in the same section, and any discussion on the Shazam World would take place either in a generic DCEU section/subject, or in a DC comic book section/subject.

Just one example.

Quote:
I must agree now that Star Trek is back on TV (kind of!) it deserves its own forum...

Flash525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 06:54 AM   #28
SuperHeroHype
SHH! Creator

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions, Flash525.

SuperHeroHype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 07:05 AM   #29
Boom
I got nothin'

It's tricky for management because a lot of these subforums need to be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.

For example, it probably made sense at the time to create a Cyborg forum, since the film was given an official announcement of sorts. But there has been seemingly zero movement on the film since then, and it hasn't been included in any of the subsequent slates. There's a serious question as to whether or not the thing even gets made at this point, which calls into question the need for a Cyborg forum. At least for the time being, an all-encompassing Cyborg thread in the DC Films forum should suffice.

Personally I haven't had much issue navigating the site, but I can understand how some of these forums can feel like a waste of space.

Old 02-22-2018, 09:30 AM   #30
RetrogradeOrbit
My own Dark Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash525 View Post
But why? That's my ... query. Why do you specifically like it? Not that I'm intending to drill you about your opinion..
No offence taken...

I think I like the fact that when a subject has its own sub-forum it is possible to create very specific threads within to either ask a question, get opinions, make a poll and so on.

For example in the Misc TV series sub-forum, there is the Star Trek thread. Because it is a thread you can only make posts to it. So to the way my mind works it is not so easy to ask or say what you want to say. Especially if it is a busy thread, your post can get lost pretty fast.

Hope that explains it for you...

I got thrown out of a window! What's the f***ing charge for getting pushed out of a moving car, huh? Jaywalking?

My father gave me one piece of advice. He said "Always. .." No, he said "Never..." well actually he gave me two pieces of advice, I've forgotten the other one. But the important one is, "Never chase a man over a cliff".
RetrogradeOrbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 11:14 AM   #31
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Memorizing new numbers is boring as it is, losing familiar boards numbering we've been used to for more than a decade won't be pleasant at first.

YOUTUBE
Michael Keaton's Batman is the ASMR master of superheroes.

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 12:45 AM   #32
Flash525
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHeroHype View Post
Thanks for the feedback and suggestions, Flash525.
You're Welcome!

Quote:
I think I like the fact that when a subject has its own sub-forum it is possible to create very specific threads within to either ask a question, get opinions, make a poll and so on.

For example in the Misc TV series sub-forum, there is the Star Trek thread. Because it is a thread you can only make posts to it. So to the way my mind works it is not so easy to ask or say what you want to say. Especially if it is a busy thread, your post can get lost pretty fast.

Hope that explains it for you...
Explained perfectly, but what is stopping more than one thread on a specific section from being created? I have been on other forums where they'll be several topics on the same show all with different ... agendas; one may be the show progress, another may be character development, another may be inconsistencies (etc). Just because a show doesn't have it's own little section, it doesn't (or shouldn't?) mean it's limited to a single thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Memorizing new numbers is boring as it is, losing familiar boards numbering we've been used to for more than a decade won't be pleasant at first.
To quote the Borg; We Will (or would?) Adapt.

Flash525 is offline   Reply With Quote