Default Re: Friday The 13th Video Game

About time they laid down the law on this sort of stuff

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 10:33 AM   #527
NongEyeGong
Big Trouble

Glad to hear they're going to be looking into punishing the folks who are ruining the overall experience for the rest of us. I've decided to take a break from the game until they've fully patched up the whole glitch exploit for the rooms in the Higgins Haven house and Packanack Lodge. I've just have gotten so reluctant to play on those maps the past few nights because it's always a group of high-pitched 6 year-olds who are grouped together and glitching while the rest of us are actually playing the game.

Like, I don't understand what there is to gain through it, it's not necessarily a competitive game but I guess every game will have people who are looking to exploit and take advantage of it's flaws.

Also, played a match where I put in some hard working fixing up the car with two of my friends but we couldn't find a key. Turns out, one of the players who was just waiting in the woods had the key the whole time, gets in the car and drives off by himself whilst spouting out expletives at us. So, I decided to teach him a lesson by standing in the middle of the road, causing him to run me over and lose all of his CP for the round THEN he ends up crashing the car into a fence, gets killed by Jason AND FINALLY proceeds to rage quit.

Last edited by NongEyeGong; 06-30-2017 at 10:55 AM.
NongEyeGong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 06:59 PM   #528
The Joker
The Clown Prince of Crime

- The Joker
Old 07-02-2017, 03:29 PM   #529
Wildcard
Cataclysmic Titan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NongEyeGong View Post
Glad to hear they're going to be looking into punishing the folks who are ruining the overall experience for the rest of us. I've decided to take a break from the game until they've fully patched up the whole glitch exploit for the rooms in the Higgins Haven house and Packanack Lodge. I've just have gotten so reluctant to play on those maps the past few nights because it's always a group of high-pitched 6 year-olds who are grouped together and glitching while the rest of us are actually playing the game.

Like, I don't understand what there is to gain through it, it's not necessarily a competitive game but I guess every game will have people who are looking to exploit and take advantage of it's flaws.

Also, played a match where I put in some hard working fixing up the car with two of my friends but we couldn't find a key. Turns out, one of the players who was just waiting in the woods had the key the whole time, gets in the car and drives off by himself whilst spouting out expletives at us. So, I decided to teach him a lesson by standing in the middle of the road, causing him to run me over and lose all of his CP for the round THEN he ends up crashing the car into a fence, gets killed by Jason AND FINALLY proceeds to rage quit.
Personally, I don't see the fun or point in playing a match and hiding out on the roof or a glitched spot for the entire 20 minutes. It's just stupid. Now, using those exploits in a private lobby to mess with friends is one thing. But publicly? It's a major pain in the ass.

I am happy about all of the banned users, though. There are way too many annoying players downgrading the experience so I'm happy they're gone.

My thing now is exactly how stupid are people to keep exploiting the glitches when it's clear they'll be banned over it? I guess that XP is worth not playing until single-player is released.

Wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 06:26 PM   #530
KevanG
Pragmatic Villain

I used to find glitchers all the damn time and people bragging about how they're going to glitch the second they start playing.

I haven't seen anyone brag since that notice came up. I have reported a few people though. **** them.

KevanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 09:39 PM   #531
KillerMcQueen
Mere Mortal

I was in a session just today as Jason, higgins haven (or possibly Packanack, I kinda mix those two up a bit) main cabin lit up red, searched all over, couldn't find anyone, go back out and see four counselors on the roof, told them they can f*** right off and left the session and reported them. I really don't get it, how is it fun for anyone to do that?

KillerMcQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 10:10 PM   #532
The Joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerMcQueen View Post
I was in a session just today as Jason, higgins haven (or possibly Packanack, I kinda mix those two up a bit) main cabin lit up red, searched all over, couldn't find anyone, go back out and see four counselors on the roof, told them they can f*** right off and left the session and reported them. I really don't get it, how is it fun for anyone to do that?
That would be Packanack where you can do that roof glitch. It's an epidemic all these glitch cheaters. The amount of sessions I have quit because it was full of these cheaters. Keep reporting them and get them banned. I got two banned yesterday.

Btw Higgins Haven is the one with the barn beside the big house.

- The Joker
Old 07-02-2017, 10:51 PM   #533
KevanG
Pragmatic Villain

How do you tell who got banned?

Old 07-02-2017, 11:10 PM   #534
The Joker

Well I got an email from Gun saying they banned the ones I reported, and thanked me for the notification. You have to take screenshots of them for proof when you send the report in.

- The Joker
Old 07-03-2017, 06:26 AM   #535
NongEyeGong
Big Trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Well I got an email from Gun saying they banned the ones I reported, and thanked me for the notification. You have to take screenshots of them for proof when you send the report in.
Yep. I emailed them screenshots of the three players who were glitching in the room, their location on the map (in the lodge) and the player screen that showed they were the only ones alive. I think in maybe under an hour I got an email back from Gun saying they were looking into the matter, was surprised they got back to me so quickly.

Old 07-03-2017, 02:15 PM   #536
KevanG
Pragmatic Villain

Just sent off an email to them about someone glitching out of bounds.

**** I hate that.

Old 07-04-2017, 10:47 PM   #537
Wildcard
Cataclysmic Titan

This is one of those things we'll likely never understand why it's so prevalent and people are so fixated on doing it...it just ruins the fun of the game.

On a different note, I wonder when exactly they'll be rolling out single player & more DLC? I think releasing the single player will alleviate a lot of problems as people can play all on their own & won't have to worry about the idiots who insist on glitching for the entirety of the match.

Old 07-05-2017, 06:19 AM   #538
The Infernal
Spinning Fidgeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
That's pretty good. In other games if there is a repirt function you never really hear back so it's hard to tell if you've made any difference at all.

The Infernal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 10:26 AM   #539
Hellion
Here With Me, Eternally

I think I'll wait for the solo DLC before trying to play again. I had a few days of playing, a three to four matches each. Only lasted a few minutes because the host left the game and we're all kicked and messaging each other what happened? Why did they leave and such?

I'm a big Disney XD Superhero Fan:
Aaron Stone (2009-2010) * Skyrunners (2009) * Lab Rats/Lab Rats: Bionic Island (2012-2016) * Mighty Med (2013-2015) * Lab Rats: Elite Force (2016) * Mech-X4 (2016-????)
Hellion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 10:07 PM   #540
Wildcard
Cataclysmic Titan

I've been lucky enough to not run into people rage quitting and ending games. Been actually getting into some pretty good lobbies where everybody plays like they're supposed to. After a couple of weeks of not playing it's nice to come back & see the community hasn't gotten worse.

Old 07-17-2017, 11:55 AM   #541
BatOnTheWing
Banned User

That has always been the trouble with playing online.

I've been wanting to play it, but I'd rather they clean up
the glitches and ban all of the cheaters out there first. I don't
want my first experience with the game to be stained by these issues.

I'm just waiting for it to be released on disc.

BatOnTheWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 03:46 PM   #542
Wildcard
Cataclysmic Titan

I play on PC (Steam) & I rarely encounter any idiots at this point...most likely because of all of the banning. I think Xbox One & PS4 users encounter the most problems because the patches for those systems are slow to be approved.

All in all, though, I've met a lot of awesome people playing this game & I'd say the positive outweighs the negative as far as I'm concerned.

If I get in a lobby with idiots I just quit, simple as that.

Old 07-23-2017, 08:27 PM   #543
KevanG
Pragmatic Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatOnTheWing View Post
That has always been the trouble with playing online.

I've been wanting to play it, but I'd rather they clean up
the glitches and ban all of the cheaters out there first. I don't
want my first experience with the game to be stained by these issues.

I'm just waiting for it to be released on disc.
They may never release it on disc except for the backers who paid for it.

Old 07-30-2017, 02:18 PM   #544
Wildcard
Cataclysmic Titan

Be warned players, there are now people on the Crystal Lake & Packanack maps that can hide on top of mountains and bridges, respectively. Have to imagine it's only a matter of time before they're banned & this is patched too.

Crazy thing is people can spend all this time discovering glitch spots but can't put that same effort into actually playing correctly. I discovered the mountain glitch earlier after this idiot crashed the car (it was turned over sideways when I teleported there). The other remaining counselors escaped to the police & this dude decides to glitch out for the last five minutes of the match.

Pure stupidity, I tell ya.

Old 07-30-2017, 03:57 PM   #545
Broseph44
Witness Me

I honestly don't see the fun at all in glitching, or being a dick and teaming with Jason or attacking your fellow counsellors.

Broseph44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 04:10 PM   #546
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Do you level up in this game? Perhaps that has something to do with it? But in all honesty, some people just like being jerks in these games. It is how they enjoy themselves.

Old 08-02-2017, 11:06 AM   #547
The Joker

- The Joker
Old 08-02-2017, 11:19 AM   #548
Broseph44
Witness Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Do you level up in this game? Perhaps that has something to do with it? But in all honesty, some people just like being jerks in these games. It is how they enjoy themselves.
Yeah you level up, so of course that's one reason. But people being ***** and cheating is just annoying in general.

Broseph44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 11:50 AM   #549
Wildcard
Cataclysmic Titan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post
I honestly don't see the fun at all in glitching, or being a dick and teaming with Jason or attacking your fellow counsellors.
Neither do I. Any time I notice someone is teaming with Jason, I either kill them, quit or commit suicide so the guy playing Jason can't get the points for the kill.

As for glitching, they're the lowest of scum. There's literally no point in playing a game if you're just going to cheat your way through it. It's just a game but a lot of people's approach to it shows their overall mentality & how crappy it is.

Old 08-04-2017, 02:10 AM   #550
The Joker

Myself and a friend just played two game sessions with Larry Zerner (Shelly from Part 3) on PS4. We were in a private match, saw he was online and shot him an invite. Then a couple of minutes later he sent both of us an invite. No way I could refuse the chance to play with the legendary Shelly. So we left our friends' private match (who were so jealous we were getting to play with Shelly lol), and joined Larry's.

He was the nicest guy. I had two sessions with him. In the first one he accidentally betrayed my friend. Larry had a shotgun, Jason grabbed my friend, and Larry shot Jason to make him let him go, and of course it killed my friend as well as stunned Jason. Poor Larry, he was so apologetic afterward lol. In the second one he played as Jason, and I managed to escape. But my friend was killed by him and was honored to be killed by Shelly. I asked him how well they captured the look of Higgins Haven with the house and the barn. He said they nailed them, especially the barn.

Great experience. It's awesome to be able to say I chatted and played the F13 game with Larry Zerner a.k.a. Shelly the guy who is responsible for Jason having his iconic hockey mask.

- The Joker