The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2017, 04:40 PM   #551
Wildcard
Cataclysmic Titan
 
Wildcard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Dredgewood
Posts: 7,359
Default Re: Friday The 13th Video Game

So, how many kills are you guys up to? I finally hit 1,001 last night. I'm so damn close to that 1313 achievement.

And here's hoping they add more achievements revolving around reaching a certain number of kills. Like 6666 or something to that extent.

Wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 05:01 PM   #552
The Joker
The Clown Prince of Crime
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Arkham Asylum
Posts: 48,384
Default Re: Friday The 13th Video Game



Part 4 map and Jason coming.

__________________
"Sometimes I remember it one way. Sometimes another. If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!"

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 05:12 PM   #553
Broseph44
Witness Me
 
Broseph44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Long Island/Queens NY
Posts: 17,204
Default Re: Friday The 13th Video Game

Pumpedddddd

Broseph44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 05:23 PM   #554
Matt
IKYN Guy Groupie
 
Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 80,519
Default Re: Friday The 13th Video Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post


Part 4 map and Jason coming.
Hmm...I seem to remember someone...*cough, cough Wildcard cough cough* adamantly denying that Gun Media would ever release new skins and getting so damn indignant when people countered his point. But surely I must be misremembering. No one would be so foolish to think that a video company wouldn't pursue microtransactions, the most profitable aspect of the video market at the moment. Only a crazy person would have that take.

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 06:21 PM   #555
Wildcard
Cataclysmic Titan
 
Wildcard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Dredgewood
Posts: 7,359
Default Re: Friday The 13th Video Game

I didn't ever deny they would release new skins. I said the reboot and FVJ Jason were unlikely because of license issues, which I said over and over. It's just that your comprehension skills are so terrible you can't properly read what I'm writing.

I've always been adamant that I wanted to get part IV Jason, Jason X/Uber Jason, etc. and that we would because they have the power to implement them. Not once did I ever say they won't add new versions of Jason and there's not one post across the internet you can find where I said that.

Good job, Matt, good job.


Wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 06:56 PM   #556
Matt
IKYN Guy Groupie
 
Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 80,519
Default Re: Friday The 13th Video Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
I didn't ever deny they would release new skins. I said the reboot and FVJ Jason were unlikely because of license issues, which I said over and over. It's just that your comprehension skills are so terrible you can't properly read what I'm writing.

I've always been adamant that I wanted to get part IV Jason, Jason X/Uber Jason, etc. and that we would because they have the power to implement them. Not once did I ever say they won't add new versions of Jason and there's not one post across the internet you can find where I said that.

Good job, Matt, good job.

1) I'm an attorney, there's no such thing as reading comprehension. Words mean whatever the hell I want them to mean.

2) Let's look at your words, shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcard
Not once did I say they won't add new versions of Jason and there's not one post across the internet you can find where I said that.
. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcard
For the last time, there is absolutely no evidence to support that Gun Media plans to go back and add the skins that are currently not apart of the game. They haven't stated as such or gave any indication, and as a way to make up for them, they had Savini create a brand new Jason exclusively for the game. I know how the business works, so re-explaining something I'm acutely aware of does not prove you're right about there being later DLC.

So, again, I'm not wrong about anything. Until you find some proof that Gun Media plans to acquire that license and utilize those properties to make DLC, I'm not wrong. Point blank.

I can't even believe this is an argument. I'm wrong about there not being any DLC regarding skins even though there's absolutely no evidence to support that's their plan.
First sentence is you refuting the notion that there will be DLC (which was the my proposition that you were responding to) with the implicit denial that there will be no DLC that is not apart of the game."

Now of course you are going to say, "I just said there was no evidence! I didn't say it wouldn't happen." But, I know it means a lot to you to be right, so I'll resist the urge to point out the many ways that argument would be both intellectually dishonest and contrary to any canon of interpretation of the English language and basic phraseology. So, again, since I know the last word is super important to you, go ahead and backtrack and make that absurd and foolish denial, sweetheart.

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 07:13 PM   #557
Wildcard
Cataclysmic Titan
 
Wildcard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Dredgewood
Posts: 7,359
Default Re: Friday The 13th Video Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
1) I'm an attorney, there's no such thing as reading comprehension. Words mean whatever the hell I want them to mean.

2) Let's look at your words, shall we?



. . .



First sentence is you refuting the notion that there will be DLC (which was the my proposition that you were responding to) with the implicit denial that there will be no DLC that is not apart of the game."
You really want to know how many attorneys I've made a fool of? Haha you can't be the first but you'll certainly be the next.

I did not refute DLC, I stated explicitly that the reboot Jason & FVJ Jason would be hardest to incorporate because of licensing issues and the fact that New Line/WB have been reluctant to share that with Gun Media/Illfonic as to allow them to put them in the game. This has come out of their mouths so there's really no disputing this. Unless, of course, you're an ignorant individual who likes to ignore reality.

Quote:
Now of course you are going to say, "I just said there was no evidence! I didn't say it wouldn't happen." But, I know it means a lot to you to be right, so I'll resist the urge to point out the many ways that argument would be both intellectually dishonest and contrary to any canon of interpretation of the English language and basic phraseology. So, again, since I know the last word is super important to you, go ahead and backtrack and make that absurd and foolish denial, sweetheart.
I like how you try to use every big word you learned in class to try to prove you're correct but listen, you're not. Because I flat out did not ever state there wouldn't be DLC. I said unfortunately we may not get reboot Jason and FVJ Jason because of legal issues. Did I say we wouldn't get part IV Jason? No, I didn't. Did I say we wouldn't get Jason X/Uber Jason or part 5 Jason/Roy Burns or Pamela? No. Because they legally have the right to incorporate them. I've explicitly stated that Gun Media executives themselves have stated that depending on sales they might be able to work FVJ Jason into it but they've remained mum on reboot Jason lately, so he might be a possibility too.

Your entire argument is rendered invalid because you're trying to say I said things that I didn't say. You're so fixated on trying to make me look bad that you keep bringing up things that didn't happen and thus, in turn, making yourself look foolish. We can do this song and dance all day, son. It doesn't matter if you're a lawyer or a scientific genius, it's going to be the same outcome again and again. Unlike you, I've talked with the developers on these issues and even played the game with them. So how can you possibly be more knowledgeable than someone who is playing with the people providing the content to the game you're playing?


Wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 07:26 PM   #558
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 76,466
Default Re: Friday The 13th Video Game

That first line seem pretty definitive. No skins not already in the game. And then there is this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
^ Same, I'm downloading the patch now...interested to see how NES Jason plays here. Never thought they'd actually put him in the game but damn if I was wrong.

Hopefully the next DLC pertains to Jason X/Uber Jason.

__________________
"It's true. All of it. The Dark Side. The Jedi. They're real."
DarthSkywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 07:31 PM   #559
Matt
IKYN Guy Groupie
 
Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 80,519
Default Re: Friday The 13th Video Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
You really want to know how many attorneys I've made a fool of? Haha you can't be the first but you'll certainly be the next.

I did not refute DLC, I stated explicitly that the reboot Jason & FVJ Jason would be hardest to incorporate because of licensing issues and the fact that New Line/WB have been reluctant to share that with Gun Media/Illfonic as to allow them to put them in the game. This has come out of their mouths so there's really no disputing this. Unless, of course, you're an ignorant individual who likes to ignore reality.



I like how you try to use every big word you learned in class to try to prove you're correct but listen, you're not. Because I flat out did not ever state there wouldn't be DLC. I said unfortunately we may not get reboot Jason and FVJ Jason because of legal issues. Did I say we wouldn't get part IV Jason? No, I didn't. Did I say we wouldn't get Jason X/Uber Jason or part 5 Jason/Roy Burns or Pamela? No. Because they legally have the right to incorporate them. I've explicitly stated that Gun Media executives themselves have stated that depending on sales they might be able to work FVJ Jason into it but they've remained mum on reboot Jason lately, so he might be a possibility too.

Your entire argument is rendered invalid because you're trying to say I said things that I didn't say. You're so fixated on trying to make me look bad that you keep bringing up things that didn't happen and thus, in turn, making yourself look foolish. We can do this song and dance all day, son. It doesn't matter if you're a lawyer or a scientific genius, it's going to be the same outcome again and again. Unlike you, I've talked with the developers on these issues and even played the game with them. So how can you possibly be more knowledgeable than someone who is playing with the people providing the content to the game you're playing?

Is that what you said?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcard
How am I wrong, though, for disagreeing with the sentiment that they'll render and present the designs later? That sounds overly pretentious of you to proclaim me as being wrong for not agreeing with that narrative and then writing an overly long post telling me how I'm wrong for not seeing it your way. There's nothing to be wrong about: they don't have the license to use that intellectual property (fact) and I don't see them releasing it as DLC later on (opinion).
Your words buddy, not mine.

I can do this all night. But I won't. I've clearly gotten under your skin. After all, anyone who has to resort to the "do you know who I know and who I've talked to!?" (says the anonymous kid on the internet) card is clearly cranky.

Seriously though kiddo, let me give you some good life advice. There's nothing to be ashamed of in simply saying, "I was wrong."

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 07:35 PM   #560
Matt
IKYN Guy Groupie
 
Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 80,519
Default Re: Friday The 13th Video Game

Also:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcard
Not once did I say they won't add new versions of Jason and there's not one post across the internet you can find where I said that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
But I'm telling you that they won't be adding anymore skins in the future. The alternate skins/clothes that were available were only available up until this month started, at which point the backerkit closed for them and they won't be made available again. If the special Tom Savini skin & the counselor clothes were a one-shot that won't be made available again at future dates, why would they put the effort into creating all new skins well after the game has been released?

I'm telling you point blank that Gun Media has no intentions whatsoever to try to make more new skins.
What you see is what you get, and there will be no JX, FvJ or reboot skins. That's kind of the point of the special Savini skin. To make up for the three ones that won't be there, Savini was able to craft a new design for Jason based on how he felt he'd look if he returned from Hell.

If they were going to include those three at any juncture, they wouldn't have bothered with creating an all new look. But they did that in place of the intellectual property they aren't allowed use of.
Not a lot of ways to read that, are there?

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 07:36 PM   #561
Wildcard
Cataclysmic Titan
 
Wildcard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Dredgewood
Posts: 7,359
Default Re: Friday The 13th Video Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Is that what you said?



Your words buddy, not mine.

I can do this all night. But I won't. I've clearly gotten under your skin. After all, anyone who has to resort to the "do you know who I know and who I've talked to!?" (says the anonymous kid on the internet) card is clearly cranky.

Seriously though kiddo, let me give you some good life advice. There's nothing to be ashamed of in simply saying, "I was wrong."
And yet the post you quoted is me referencing reboot Jason and FVJ Jason. You have not gotten under my skin because as I type these responses I am laughing profusely at your lack of comprehension and your desperate bid to twist my words to mean what you want them to mean rather than taking them for what they're actually supposed to mean.

Seriously, though, son, let me give you some good life advice. There's nothing wrong in simply saying "I'm bad at comprehension and I'm forcing an argument where, clearly, my narrative is completely wrong and misdirected."

Also, the next post you quoted I was referencing them making new skins, not in general, because, as of now, they have not expressed any will towards creating another new skin ala Savini Jason. So until they do, I am not wrong in that regard.


Wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 07:38 PM   #562
Matt
IKYN Guy Groupie
 
Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 80,519
Default Re: Friday The 13th Video Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
And yet the post you quoted is me referencing reboot Jason and FVJ Jason. You have not gotten under my skin because as I type these responses I am laughing profusely at your lack of comprehension and your desperate bid to twist my words to mean what you want them to mean rather than taking them for what they're actually supposed to mean.

Seriously, though, son, let me give you some good life advice. There's nothing wrong in simply saying "I'm bad at comprehension and I'm forcing an argument where, clearly, my narrative is completely wrong and misdirected."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcard
Not once did I say they won't add new versions of Jason and there's not one post across the internet you can find where I said that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
But I'm telling you that they won't be adding anymore skins in the future. The alternate skins/clothes that were available were only available up until this month started, at which point the backerkit closed for them and they won't be made available again. If the special Tom Savini skin & the counselor clothes were a one-shot that won't be made available again at future dates, why would they put the effort into creating all new skins well after the game has been released?


I'm telling you point blank that Gun Media has no intentions whatsoever to try to make more new skins.
No qualifiers in those statements. No contextualiztions. " won't be adding anymore skins in the future" and "I'm telling you point blank that Gun Media has no intentions whatsoever to try to make new skins."

And I'm the one whose reading comprehension needs work?

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 08:18 PM   #563
Wildcard
Cataclysmic Titan
 
Wildcard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Dredgewood
Posts: 7,359
Default Re: Friday The 13th Video Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
No qualifiers in those statements. No contextualiztions. " won't be adding anymore skins in the future" and "I'm telling you point blank that Gun Media has no intentions whatsoever to try to make new skins."

And I'm the one whose reading comprehension needs work?
Yes, it does. Because I was referring to creating an original Jason ala Savini Jason which, thus far, they have expressed no concern in doing so outside of the abandoned teenage Jason project that Ronnie talked about. My post was not ever referencing not getting new skins in general, just that we wouldn't get another new Jason, which, considering how much money they've made thus far, I could be wrong about.


Wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 10:06 AM   #564
Matt
IKYN Guy Groupie
 
Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 80,519
Default Re: Friday The 13th Video Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
Yes, it does. Because I was referring to creating an original Jason ala Savini Jason which, thus far, they have expressed no concern in doing so outside of the abandoned teenage Jason project that Ronnie talked about. My post was not ever referencing not getting new skins in general, just that we wouldn't get another new Jason, which, considering how much money they've made thus far, I could be wrong about.

...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcard
But I'm telling you that they won't be adding anymore skins in the future.

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 02:27 PM   #565
Wildcard
Cataclysmic Titan
 
Wildcard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Dredgewood
Posts: 7,359
Default Re: Friday The 13th Video Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
...
I'm not explaining this again, son. Learn to read and move on. You're supposed to be a lawyer, go develop a cliental instead of going at me. You'll come out better at that.


Wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 03:04 PM   #566
Matt
IKYN Guy Groupie
 
Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 80,519
Default Re: Friday The 13th Video Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
I'm not explaining this again, son. Learn to read and move on. You're supposed to be a lawyer, go develop a cliental instead of going at me. You'll come out better at that.

...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcard
But I'm telling you that they won't be adding anymore skins in the future.

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 03:50 PM   #567
KillerMcQueen
Mere Mortal
 
KillerMcQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Oregon
Posts: 6,340
Default Re: Friday The 13th Video Game

Wildcard, putting gifs at the end of your posts doesn't magically negate that you lost the debate because of your own posting history.

KillerMcQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 07:10 PM   #568
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 76,466
Default Re: Friday The 13th Video Game

But he has gifs. That means he suddenly didn't write what he wrote.

__________________
"It's true. All of it. The Dark Side. The Jedi. They're real."
DarthSkywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 04:24 AM   #569
Wildcard
Cataclysmic Titan
 
Wildcard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Dredgewood
Posts: 7,359
Default Re: Friday The 13th Video Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerMcQueen View Post
Wildcard, putting gifs at the end of your posts doesn't magically negate that you lost the debate because of your own posting history.
I didn't lose anything. He acknowledged posts without examining the full context in which they were posted. I said what I meant, I didn't ever change the meaning of anything. I said exactly what I meant. He lost the moment he decided to go at me with such limited resources in important faculties. I can use gifs as I chose because it's funny to me as I use them while you appear so bothered and there's not a single dent in my armor.



Please move on, people. Stop coming at me, seriously. It's not what you want.

Wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 04:39 AM   #570
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 76,466
Default Re: Friday The 13th Video Game

Wildcard says he is not bothered, as he continues to post about how he is bothered.

If one could add context, wouldn't one simply add context to prove the context exist, instead of explaining the context in a thread that should have that context?

__________________
"It's true. All of it. The Dark Side. The Jedi. They're real."
DarthSkywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 04:42 AM   #571
Wildcard
Cataclysmic Titan
 
Wildcard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Dredgewood
Posts: 7,359
Default Re: Friday The 13th Video Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Wildcard says he is not bothered, as he continues to post about how he is bothered.


I find the entire discussion funny. I'm not bothered. I'm more happy we're getting part IV Jason and the different prospects that could include. But I really don't care about anything you or Matt have to say. I'm just waiting on Gun Media/Illfonic to drop that update. And of course for those bloody skins & the eventual Jason X/Uber Jason + Grendel spaceship updates. That's far more interesting than anyone's narrative on anything.

Wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 04:43 AM   #572
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 76,466
Default Re: Friday The 13th Video Game

If one could add context, wouldn't one simply add context to prove the context exist, instead of explaining the context in a thread that should have that context?

__________________
"It's true. All of it. The Dark Side. The Jedi. They're real."
DarthSkywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 04:45 AM   #573
Wildcard
Cataclysmic Titan
 
Wildcard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Dredgewood
Posts: 7,359
Default Re: Friday The 13th Video Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
If one could add context, wouldn't one simply add context to prove the context exist, instead of explaining the context in a thread that should have that context?


Get over it.

Wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 04:51 AM   #574
Wildcard
Cataclysmic Titan
 
Wildcard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Dredgewood
Posts: 7,359
Default Re: Friday The 13th Video Game

In more important news, if you're interested in seeing what some of the upcoming new kills would look like, check out this video:


And of course the Spring Break DLC trailer for anyone who hasn't seen it yet:



I love how Chad is always the person that gets killed in practically everything. I think this whole idea will reinvigorate interest with those that got bored with the clothing options for counselors. Plus they're adding in a whole new customization system that will allow a lot of new options & I really hope that update comes soon. It'll be an even better way to keep everyone from looking the same. Then having part IV Jason could potentially allow us to have a faster Jason than parts 2 and 3. I really hope he can sprint as opposed to just run. One could hope for a stamina bar but I'm doubtful that'll come but...you never know.

One can also continue to hope they return the game to its original state where you would've been able to switch weapons with each Jason. I so badly want to use a machete as Savini Jason.

Wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 05:21 AM   #575
Darkness Falls
We Could Be Heroes.....
 
Darkness Falls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Queensland, Australia
Posts: 13,122
Default Re: Friday The 13th Video Game

any single player yet ?

__________________
"I beg of you my son, please choose happiness. Unless you feel a calling — a true calling." – Thomas Wayne
Darkness Falls is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.