The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Batman

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 11:44 AM   #701
BH/HHH
You Are My World
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 26,756
Default Re: Ideas for the new costume in the Batman reboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidermanJLA!~ View Post
I mean variety out of context. Franchise wise, the studio won't allow him to always have an all black costume.
Why not? Can you honestly say that the grey wouldn't look stupid?

I mean I know Superman has lost the undies but he still wears a blue costume, red cape with a big red S on his chest. They're not gonna give him a different coloured costume in future are they?

__________________
#TEAM SNYDER
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:46 AM   #702
spidermanJLA!~
SUPERHERO
 
spidermanJLA!~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Swingin' around NYC
Posts: 1,270
Default Re: Ideas for the new costume in the Batman reboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Why not? Can you honestly say that the grey wouldn't look stupid?
It probably would, all I was saying is that we would get essentially the same costume. But I'm guessing that there's no problem with that.

__________________
SPIDER-MAN, Favorite Hero
JLA, Favorite Team(Well, really the X-MEN, but my name is sticking)

spidermanJLA!~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:52 AM   #703
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Your imagination
Posts: 26,889
Default Re: Ideas for the new costume in the Batman reboot

But grey makes no sense outside the comics.

__________________
“The world is a dangerous place not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing”
Albert Einstein
Winner of the SHH Best Writer Award
Thank You!
UPDATED!!! My FanFic Page


~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:55 AM   #704
johndoe123
Batknight
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 46
Default Re: Ideas for the new costume in the Batman reboot

Could you please explain why.

johndoe123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:16 PM   #705
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Your imagination
Posts: 26,889
Default Re: Ideas for the new costume in the Batman reboot

Well in comics, grey is done so we can see all of Batman. From art pov, it's better.

On film live action, the rules are just different.

__________________
“The world is a dangerous place not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing”
Albert Einstein
Winner of the SHH Best Writer Award
Thank You!
UPDATED!!! My FanFic Page


~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:21 PM   #706
spidermanJLA!~
SUPERHERO
 
spidermanJLA!~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Swingin' around NYC
Posts: 1,270
Default Re: Ideas for the new costume in the Batman reboot


__________________
SPIDER-MAN, Favorite Hero
JLA, Favorite Team(Well, really the X-MEN, but my name is sticking)

spidermanJLA!~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:49 PM   #707
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Your imagination
Posts: 26,889
Default Re: Ideas for the new costume in the Batman reboot

If a compromise could be made.

Gun metal...not too black and not too grey.

__________________
“The world is a dangerous place not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing”
Albert Einstein
Winner of the SHH Best Writer Award
Thank You!
UPDATED!!! My FanFic Page


~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:08 PM   #708
johndoe123
Batknight
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 46
Default Re: Ideas for the new costume in the Batman reboot

Whatever, I still don't understand why people think grey wouldn't work or look stupid considering all the superhero costumes we've had so far in film, but so long as it isn't completely black, that's fine.

johndoe123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:29 PM   #709
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Your imagination
Posts: 26,889
Default Re: Ideas for the new costume in the Batman reboot

Well, I would be fine with it if Batman's cape was more of a driving force for his stealth.

But here's the thing. The comics, he has to be coloured grey, because with black, he just looks awful. That's why for a long time we had the blue cape and cowl. All black was horrible and you can't get decent detail.
Then they stopped with the colour change, him being all stealthy...because it made no sense.

In the comics now, Batman uses his cape to hide in the shadows. He uses it to hide the bright grey...but why should he do it at all? Why can't he ditch the grey costume if that was the case? Because as stateed, black is just horrible for everyone in an artistic POV.

But in film, we're dealing with things that are different. Batman doesn't look bad as he does in the comics in black. He doesn't need the cape to hide him, which makes things more efficient in live action, compared to panel by panel drawings.

He has to be drawn grey in the comics...Therefore, things make less sense in a realistic setting. Batman will remain that stealthy figure, as artists try to draw him in shadows...if he were in black, while in shadows, it would again, look horrible in the comics. It doesn't work.

Grey in live action has no purpose, it doesn't make sense. It's only in the comics for an artistic purpose.

__________________
“The world is a dangerous place not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing”
Albert Einstein
Winner of the SHH Best Writer Award
Thank You!
UPDATED!!! My FanFic Page


~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:40 PM   #710
The Guard
Side-Kick
 
The Guard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 31,503
Default Re: Ideas for the new costume in the Batman reboot

Batman doesn't have to be drawn as black and gray in the comics. He wore all black in the late 90's, and he looked fantastic.

He's black and gray or blue and gray because that's his traditional look.

__________________
"Perception is the enemy of reason."

-Me
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:42 PM   #711
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Your imagination
Posts: 26,889
Default Re: Ideas for the new costume in the Batman reboot

He looked horrible in black imo.

__________________
“The world is a dangerous place not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing”
Albert Einstein
Winner of the SHH Best Writer Award
Thank You!
UPDATED!!! My FanFic Page


~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:45 PM   #712
johndoe123
Batknight
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 46
Default Re: Ideas for the new costume in the Batman reboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
Well, I would be fine with it if Batman's cape was more of a driving force for his stealth.

But here's the thing. The comics, he has to be coloured grey, because with black, he just looks awful. That's why for a long time we had the blue cape and cowl. All black was horrible and you can't get decent detail.
Then they stopped with the colour change, him being all stealthy...because it made no sense.

In the comics now, Batman uses his cape to hide in the shadows. He uses it to hide the bright grey...but why should he do it at all? Why can't he ditch the grey costume if that was the case? Because as stateed, black is just horrible for everyone in an artistic POV.

But in film, we're dealing with things that are different. Batman doesn't look bad as he does in the comics in black. He doesn't need the cape to hide him, which makes things more efficient in live action, compared to panel by panel drawings.

He has to be drawn grey in the comics...Therefore, things make less sense in a realistic setting. Batman will remain that stealthy figure, as artists try to draw him in shadows...if he were in black, while in shadows, it would again, look horrible in the comics. It doesn't work.

Grey in live action has no purpose, it doesn't make sense. It's only in the comics for an artistic purpose.
you mean like this


because yeah, I agree this is what I want.

johndoe123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:48 PM   #713
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Your imagination
Posts: 26,889
Default Re: Ideas for the new costume in the Batman reboot

Exactly

__________________
“The world is a dangerous place not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing”
Albert Einstein
Winner of the SHH Best Writer Award
Thank You!
UPDATED!!! My FanFic Page


~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:50 PM   #714
Boy Scout
Side-Kick
 
Boy Scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 10,923
Default Re: Ideas for the new costume in the Batman reboot

I don't understand how a gray costume would "look stupid." It doesn't look anymore ridiculous than black. It might if it were an Adam West gray, but it wouldn't be. You're honestly telling me that a suit would automatically look more ridiculous if it were gray instead of black?

Boy Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:02 PM   #715
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Your imagination
Posts: 26,889
Default Re: Ideas for the new costume in the Batman reboot

Just depends on the style of the film. Stylized film, fine. Realistic and gritty, not so much.

__________________
“The world is a dangerous place not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing”
Albert Einstein
Winner of the SHH Best Writer Award
Thank You!
UPDATED!!! My FanFic Page


~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:05 PM   #716
Boy Scout
Side-Kick
 
Boy Scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 10,923
Default Re: Ideas for the new costume in the Batman reboot

Please exaplain.

Boy Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:10 PM   #717
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Your imagination
Posts: 26,889
Default Re: Ideas for the new costume in the Batman reboot

Stylized, where things are neutral to common sense and realism.

Realistic and gritty...why would a man who's applying to real world ethnics use a grey costume, if he's trying to hide in the shadows and avoid being seen, shot at?

__________________
“The world is a dangerous place not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing”
Albert Einstein
Winner of the SHH Best Writer Award
Thank You!
UPDATED!!! My FanFic Page


~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:22 PM   #718
Boy Scout
Side-Kick
 
Boy Scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 10,923
Default Re: Ideas for the new costume in the Batman reboot

You do realize that wearing all black in a dark environment would create a silhouette, right? If Batman wanted to effectively conceal himself, he wouldn't wear all black.

EDIT: I've tried it myself. I've looked at myself when I'm outside at nighttime and I've looked at other people. You stick out like a sore thumb.

And besides: it's all about perception. If you have no reason to believe that anyone is watching you in the dark, you're less likely to see them, even if they're there.

Boy Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:29 PM   #719
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Your imagination
Posts: 26,889
Default Re: Ideas for the new costume in the Batman reboot

That's why he needs the cape to conceal him...it needs to be more like a cloak.


And if it were armoured and grey, it should be for a movie, gun metal.

__________________
“The world is a dangerous place not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing”
Albert Einstein
Winner of the SHH Best Writer Award
Thank You!
UPDATED!!! My FanFic Page


~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:24 PM   #720
BH/HHH
You Are My World
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 26,756
Default Re: Ideas for the new costume in the Batman reboot

The grey if done in rubber just looks so rubbery that's why it wouldn't work and if you go the route of a cloth top well we all know how daft that looks. Not to mention all grey stucks out like a sore thumb, stick to all black.

__________________
#TEAM SNYDER
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:35 PM   #721
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Your imagination
Posts: 26,889
Default Re: Ideas for the new costume in the Batman reboot

Grey is just too bland.

Gunmetal or nothing if it were up to me.
It makes more sense if the suit were armoured more prominently. And it's best of both world for those who want the black to remain in some extent.

__________________
“The world is a dangerous place not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing”
Albert Einstein
Winner of the SHH Best Writer Award
Thank You!
UPDATED!!! My FanFic Page


~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:41 PM   #722
Boy Scout
Side-Kick
 
Boy Scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 10,923
Default Re: Ideas for the new costume in the Batman reboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
...And if it were armoured and grey, it should be for a movie, gun metal.
Doesn't necessarily have to be armored, but it should most certainly be gun metal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
The grey if done in rubber just looks so rubbery...
These films are made by professionals. They know how to make this stuff look good.

Case in point: the suit from The Amazing Spider-Man looked a lot better onscreen than it did in spy photos.

Quote:
...and if you go the route of a cloth top well we all know how daft that looks.
EDIT: What costume designer in their right mind would dress Batman in cloth in a big budget film?

Quote:
Not to mention all grey stucks out like a sore thumb, stick to all black.
Not true.


Last edited by Boy Scout; 02-10-2013 at 05:45 PM.
Boy Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:49 PM   #723
BH/HHH
You Are My World
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 26,756
Default Re: Ideas for the new costume in the Batman reboot

Well I disagree with you and I'm pretty sure they won't be doing a grey costume anytime soon.

__________________
#TEAM SNYDER
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:51 PM   #724
Shazam
Side-Kick
 
Shazam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,034
Default Re: Ideas for the new costume in the Batman reboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoe123 View Post
Could you please explain why.
Nobody has explained

Shazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:53 PM   #725
Shazam
Side-Kick
 
Shazam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,034
Default Re: Ideas for the new costume in the Batman reboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidermanJLA!~ View Post

I see no problem with this.....

Shazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.