The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 12:02 AM   #326
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - - - Part 18

You guys do realize there is an episode of Agents of SHIELD that takes place right after Thor 2 and shows the team cleaning up the the site of the climax?

- CM Punk
Old 03-27-2014, 12:03 AM   #327
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
You guys do realize there is an episode of Agents of SHIELD that takes place right after Thor 2 and shows the team cleaning up the the site of the climax?
Plus if the next episode is any indication:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
That one takes place right before the start of the Winter Soldier.

Old 03-27-2014, 12:20 AM   #328
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick

The climactic battle in TWS is how The Avenger's second act should've been crafted.

Old 03-27-2014, 01:00 AM   #329
herolee10
No More Miracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saitou Hajime View Post
The climactic battle in TWS is how The Avenger's second act should've been crafted.
So I've heard from many. Heck, Whedon was reported to have been very impressed with the final act for "Iron Man 3" in regards to the Iron Legion taking on the Extremis soldiers, to the point where he supposedly said to Feige that it placed some pressure on him to make sure that his final act for Avengers 2 lives up and surpasses that quality.

Old 03-27-2014, 01:10 AM   #330
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

Scar Jo on Craig Ferguson now

Old 03-27-2014, 01:33 AM   #331
Raiden
Wakanda Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
So I've heard from many. Heck, Whedon was reported to have been very impressed with the final act for "Iron Man 3" in regards to the Iron Legion taking on the Extremis soldiers, to the point where he supposedly said to Feige that it placed some pressure on him to make sure that his final act for Avengers 2 lives up and surpasses that quality.
I wonder what is Whedon's reaction to TWS's final act then; from what I've heard TWS' final act >>> IM3's final act.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America

RIP Vartha
Old 03-27-2014, 01:58 AM   #332
herolee10
No More Miracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
I wonder what is Whedon's reaction to TWS's final act then; from what I've heard TWS' final act >>> IM3's final act.
Most likely this..

Old 03-27-2014, 02:12 AM   #333
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick

I love how Fury's death helps set this mood where anyone can die when up against the Winter Soldier. I swear you could hear a pin drop on the floor when Winter Soldier stalks Black Widow.

Edit: Sorry, my bad.

Last edited by Saitou Hajime; 03-27-2014 at 02:23 AM.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:16 AM   #334
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
[blackout][/spoiler]
ineffective use of BBCode.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 03-27-2014, 02:18 AM   #335
Webfoot Hero
West Coaster

Quote:
I love how Fury's death helps set this mood where anyone can die when up against the Winter Soldier. I swear you could hear a pin drop on the floor when [blackout]Winter Soldier stalks Black Widow[/spoiler].
You need to fix your tag as it looks like you tried combining a blackout with a spoiler.

Old 03-27-2014, 03:43 AM   #336
Drz
Real Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
HAHAHAHA, WHAT? That was an god awful horrendous cgi extravaganza.

"Social critics don’t mean a thing to me. It’s really easy to ignore them, because I believe in what I’m doing 100 percent. So any naysayers for the public good can just buzz off. They might be a drag for a moment, but after that moment is over, it always ends up being gasoline to my fire." - Quentin Tarantino
Old 03-27-2014, 03:55 AM   #337
The Endless
WE are Groot

The CGI was used in a creative way though. I liked the ending of IM3. Especially the H2H fighting between Stark and Killian. Great choreography and creativity.

Old 03-27-2014, 04:01 AM   #338
I SEE SPIDEY
Banned User

I didn't see any horrendous CGI extravaganza at the end of Iron Man 3. I thought it was all very impressive myself. Iron Man 3's action scenes were handled very well in my opinion.

Old 03-27-2014, 04:02 AM   #339
Drz
Real Hero

The only hand to hand fight i can remember is Pepper Pots somehow learning Kung Fu thru the Extremis.

Honestly Iron Man 3 was a piece of crap, Captain America 2 makes people wish IM3 had been as serious, imagen an Iron Man movie with the real Mandarin as the villain, not Adrian Killian or Trevor Slattery. It would had been soooo good.

"Social critics don’t mean a thing to me. It’s really easy to ignore them, because I believe in what I’m doing 100 percent. So any naysayers for the public good can just buzz off. They might be a drag for a moment, but after that moment is over, it always ends up being gasoline to my fire." - Quentin Tarantino
Old 03-27-2014, 04:16 AM   #340
The Endless
WE are Groot

IM3 was great. It was about time Marvel gave a director freedom to do whatever they wanted. And Shane Black came out with a great action comedy with a streak of satire that had a really good character arc for Tony Stark.

All i ever see is people complain about the Mandarin thing. No one really comes up with valid criticisms of the film as a film. They just talk about what they wanted it to be. They don't actually talk about the film subjectively. That isn't critiquing a film... that's whining like a little ***** lol.

Old 03-27-2014, 04:21 AM   #341
Drz
Real Hero

The reason people complain about it, is because the trailers downright lie to you for the sake of the twist, but Adrian Killian has no real motivation outside of petty greed. It's the same problem with Thor 2 how the plot resolves around the magic item, Loki is the only character with a personal motivation.

Luckily, Captain America 2 gives us great villains, good characters and development, something i want from my movies, not bland humor.

IM3 with great action? Lol where?

Old 03-27-2014, 04:23 AM   #342
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Endless View Post
The CGI was used in a creative way though. I liked the ending of IM3. Especially the H2H fighting between Stark and Killian. Great choreography and creativity.
That fight was incredible. The way Killian moved, his strength and speed, was very impressive. Shane Black came up with a credible foe who posed a real threat for Iron Man. Killian wasn't wearing armor and he didn't crumple after a two-minute fight, both of which were things people complained about after Iron Man and Iron Man 2. There was real menace to Killian's powers and he could have easily killed Stark, which wasn't something I felt in the previous films.

Old 03-27-2014, 04:24 AM   #343
The Endless
WE are Groot

No... people complain about it because it did something different with the Mandarin and crapped all over the Marvel formula. They finally give us something different, something that isn't another retread... yet people still complain. Bizarre.

haha Killian has no motivation outside of petty greed? Wrong. His motivation is more along the lines of revenge. He wants to prove himself Tony Stark's equal if not superior. He wants to have Stark work for him. And he's given a good reason to hate Tony Stark. Stark, back when he was a douche bag, before he had his epiphany, treated Killian like **** just because he was disabled. Then it comes back to bite him on the ass.

IM3 was full of great action scenes in my opinion. It showed us that Tony Stark is the hero, not Iron Man.

Old 03-27-2014, 04:28 AM   #344
The Endless
WE are Groot

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
That fight was incredible. The way Killian moved, his strength and speed, was very impressive. Shane Black came up with a credible foe who posed a real threat for Iron Man. Killian wasn't wearing armor and he didn't crumple after a two-minute fight, both of which were things people complained about after Iron Man and Iron Man 2. There was real menace to Killian's powers and he could have easily killed Stark, which wasn't something I felt in the previous films.
Yea, it actually gave us something different. It gave us something people were clamouring for. And it's pretty much the only Marvel movie where there was actual tension and a sense of danger. All the other films you can't see the hero losing. But like you say, Killian was a credible threat.

Old 03-27-2014, 04:29 AM   #345
Drz
Real Hero

Noone cares about a loser villain with a disability who becomes a douché loser with super powers, at the end of the day, he's still a petty loser.

The real Mandarin is still out there, even Marvel has acknowledged this, i want to see him in a movie.

Old 03-27-2014, 04:31 AM   #346
The Endless
WE are Groot

Considering he's recognised by non butt hurt fanboys as Marvels best villain apart from Loki, you're incorrect again. It's fine to have an opinion, but don't presume you are correct when in actual fact, the people *****ing about Mandarin are a very small minority of people.

Old 03-27-2014, 04:34 AM   #347
Drz
Real Hero

Hhahaha.

Did you just say i am wrong, because a lot of people feel different?

Are you saying Mcdonalds is a great food chain? Are you saying Transformers are master pieces?

I don't care what the world thinks, i don't see how anyone can think Iron Man 3 is nothing more than a weird cult-like movie, but you know what? You enjoy your Iron Man 3, i'll go see Captain America 2 again, now thats a movie.

Old 03-27-2014, 04:36 AM   #348
I SEE SPIDEY
Banned User

I liked Iron Man 3 but I actually think that your complaints about Killian's vagueness are fair. I disagree about the action scenes, I thought they were better handled than The Avengers action scenes.

I actually agree about The Dark World complaints as well. The Dark World was a troubled production and it showed on screen. I really hope Marvel allows the director of the 3rd film more freedom and pushes Thor back into the forefront. Loki is a fun character but the films are named Thor.

Nice to hear that Captain America 2 is awesome, I can't wait to see it.

Old 03-27-2014, 04:41 AM   #349
The Endless
WE are Groot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drz View Post
Hhahaha.

Did you just say i am wrong, because a lot of people feel different?

Are you saying Mcdonalds is a great food chain? Are you saying Transformers are master pieces?

I don't care what the world thinks, i don't see how anyone can think Iron Man 3 is nothing more than a weird cult-like movie, but you know what? You enjoy your Iron Man 3, i'll go see Captain America 2 again, now thats a movie.
No i said you're wrong that people think Killian is a crap villain. You and a very small but vocal minority do. Mainly because you can't get over the fact that they deviated from the source material.

But whatevers

Old 03-27-2014, 04:53 AM   #350
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Sometimes I wonder if Iron Man 3 ran over people's dogs, killed off their WOW characters, stole their high school sweetheart or something. It's like that movie personally ruined some fans' lives. Not that I mind. I find the hate hilarious.

Closed Thread