The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2014, 12:02 AM   #326
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 50,517
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - - - Part 18

You guys do realize there is an episode of Agents of SHIELD that takes place right after Thor 2 and shows the team cleaning up the the site of the climax?

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline  
Old 03-27-2014, 12:03 AM   #327
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick
 
Dr. Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 47,946
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
You guys do realize there is an episode of Agents of SHIELD that takes place right after Thor 2 and shows the team cleaning up the the site of the climax?
Plus if the next episode is any indication:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
That one takes place right before the start of the Winter Soldier.

__________________
RIP Vartha!
Dr. Evil is offline  
Old 03-27-2014, 12:20 AM   #328
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,239
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - - - Part 18

The climactic battle in TWS is how The Avenger's second act should've been crafted.

Saitou Hajime is online now  
Old 03-27-2014, 01:00 AM   #329
herolee10
No More Miracles
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 24,444
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saitou Hajime View Post
The climactic battle in TWS is how The Avenger's second act should've been crafted.
So I've heard from many. Heck, Whedon was reported to have been very impressed with the final act for "Iron Man 3" in regards to the Iron Legion taking on the Extremis soldiers, to the point where he supposedly said to Feige that it placed some pressure on him to make sure that his final act for Avengers 2 lives up and surpasses that quality.

herolee10 is offline  
Old 03-27-2014, 01:10 AM   #330
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick
 
Dr. Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 47,946
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - - - Part 18

Scar Jo on Craig Ferguson now

__________________
RIP Vartha!
Dr. Evil is offline  
Old 03-27-2014, 01:33 AM   #331
Raiden
Wakanda Forever
 
Raiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 28,721
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
So I've heard from many. Heck, Whedon was reported to have been very impressed with the final act for "Iron Man 3" in regards to the Iron Legion taking on the Extremis soldiers, to the point where he supposedly said to Feige that it placed some pressure on him to make sure that his final act for Avengers 2 lives up and surpasses that quality.
I wonder what is Whedon's reaction to TWS's final act then; from what I've heard TWS' final act >>> IM3's final act.

__________________
"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America

RIP Vartha
Raiden is offline  
Old 03-27-2014, 01:58 AM   #332
herolee10
No More Miracles
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 24,444
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
I wonder what is Whedon's reaction to TWS's final act then; from what I've heard TWS' final act >>> IM3's final act.
Most likely this..


herolee10 is offline  
Old 03-27-2014, 02:12 AM   #333
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,239
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - - - Part 18

I love how Fury's death helps set this mood where anyone can die when up against the Winter Soldier. I swear you could hear a pin drop on the floor when Winter Soldier stalks Black Widow.

Edit: Sorry, my bad.


Last edited by Saitou Hajime; 03-27-2014 at 02:23 AM.
Saitou Hajime is online now  
Old 03-27-2014, 02:16 AM   #334
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick
 
Whiskey Tango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The South
Posts: 25,209
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saitou Hajime View Post
[blackout][/spoiler]
ineffective use of BBCode.

__________________
"That was the edge Parker had; he knew that survival was more important than heroics. It isn't how you play the game, it's whether you win or lose.”
~ Richard Stark, Deadly Edge

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline  
Old 03-27-2014, 02:18 AM   #335
Webfoot Hero
West Coaster
 
Webfoot Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 10,028
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saitou Hajime View Post
I love how Fury's death helps set this mood where anyone can die when up against the Winter Soldier. I swear you could hear a pin drop on the floor when [blackout]Winter Soldier stalks Black Widow[/spoiler].
You need to fix your tag as it looks like you tried combining a blackout with a spoiler.

Webfoot Hero is offline  
Old 03-27-2014, 03:43 AM   #336
Drz
Real Hero
 
Drz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: http://tinyurl.com/haad5pl
Posts: 18,255
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
So I've heard from many. Heck, Whedon was reported to have been very impressed with the final act for "Iron Man 3" in regards to the Iron Legion taking on the Extremis soldiers, to the point where he supposedly said to Feige that it placed some pressure on him to make sure that his final act for Avengers 2 lives up and surpasses that quality.
HAHAHAHA, WHAT? That was an god awful horrendous cgi extravaganza.

__________________
"Social critics don’t mean a thing to me. It’s really easy to ignore them, because I believe in what I’m doing 100 percent. So any naysayers for the public good can just buzz off. They might be a drag for a moment, but after that moment is over, it always ends up being gasoline to my fire." - Quentin Tarantino
Drz is offline  
Old 03-27-2014, 03:55 AM   #337
The Endless
WE are Groot
 
The Endless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 7,166
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - - - Part 18

The CGI was used in a creative way though. I liked the ending of IM3. Especially the H2H fighting between Stark and Killian. Great choreography and creativity.

__________________
People think dreams aren't real just because they aren't made of matter, of particles. Dreams are real. But they are made of viewpoints, of images, of memories and puns and lost hopes
The Endless is offline  
Old 03-27-2014, 04:01 AM   #338
I SEE SPIDEY
Banned User
 
I SEE SPIDEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In Superman's arms
Posts: 54,628
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - - - Part 18

I didn't see any horrendous CGI extravaganza at the end of Iron Man 3. I thought it was all very impressive myself. Iron Man 3's action scenes were handled very well in my opinion.

I SEE SPIDEY is offline  
Old 03-27-2014, 04:02 AM   #339
Drz
Real Hero
 
Drz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: http://tinyurl.com/haad5pl
Posts: 18,255
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - - - Part 18

The only hand to hand fight i can remember is Pepper Pots somehow learning Kung Fu thru the Extremis.

Honestly Iron Man 3 was a piece of crap, Captain America 2 makes people wish IM3 had been as serious, imagen an Iron Man movie with the real Mandarin as the villain, not Adrian Killian or Trevor Slattery. It would had been soooo good.

__________________
"Social critics don’t mean a thing to me. It’s really easy to ignore them, because I believe in what I’m doing 100 percent. So any naysayers for the public good can just buzz off. They might be a drag for a moment, but after that moment is over, it always ends up being gasoline to my fire." - Quentin Tarantino
Drz is offline  
Old 03-27-2014, 04:16 AM   #340
The Endless
WE are Groot
 
The Endless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 7,166
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - - - Part 18

IM3 was great. It was about time Marvel gave a director freedom to do whatever they wanted. And Shane Black came out with a great action comedy with a streak of satire that had a really good character arc for Tony Stark.

All i ever see is people complain about the Mandarin thing. No one really comes up with valid criticisms of the film as a film. They just talk about what they wanted it to be. They don't actually talk about the film subjectively. That isn't critiquing a film... that's whining like a little ***** lol.

__________________
People think dreams aren't real just because they aren't made of matter, of particles. Dreams are real. But they are made of viewpoints, of images, of memories and puns and lost hopes
The Endless is offline  
Old 03-27-2014, 04:21 AM   #341
Drz
Real Hero
 
Drz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: http://tinyurl.com/haad5pl
Posts: 18,255
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - - - Part 18

The reason people complain about it, is because the trailers downright lie to you for the sake of the twist, but Adrian Killian has no real motivation outside of petty greed. It's the same problem with Thor 2 how the plot resolves around the magic item, Loki is the only character with a personal motivation.

Luckily, Captain America 2 gives us great villains, good characters and development, something i want from my movies, not bland humor.

IM3 with great action? Lol where?

__________________
"Social critics don’t mean a thing to me. It’s really easy to ignore them, because I believe in what I’m doing 100 percent. So any naysayers for the public good can just buzz off. They might be a drag for a moment, but after that moment is over, it always ends up being gasoline to my fire." - Quentin Tarantino
Drz is offline  
Old 03-27-2014, 04:23 AM   #342
xeno000
Raining hell from above
 
xeno000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Knowhere
Posts: 7,921
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Endless View Post
The CGI was used in a creative way though. I liked the ending of IM3. Especially the H2H fighting between Stark and Killian. Great choreography and creativity.
That fight was incredible. The way Killian moved, his strength and speed, was very impressive. Shane Black came up with a credible foe who posed a real threat for Iron Man. Killian wasn't wearing armor and he didn't crumple after a two-minute fight, both of which were things people complained about after Iron Man and Iron Man 2. There was real menace to Killian's powers and he could have easily killed Stark, which wasn't something I felt in the previous films.

xeno000 is offline  
Old 03-27-2014, 04:24 AM   #343
The Endless
WE are Groot
 
The Endless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 7,166
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - - - Part 18

No... people complain about it because it did something different with the Mandarin and crapped all over the Marvel formula. They finally give us something different, something that isn't another retread... yet people still complain. Bizarre.

haha Killian has no motivation outside of petty greed? Wrong. His motivation is more along the lines of revenge. He wants to prove himself Tony Stark's equal if not superior. He wants to have Stark work for him. And he's given a good reason to hate Tony Stark. Stark, back when he was a douche bag, before he had his epiphany, treated Killian like **** just because he was disabled. Then it comes back to bite him on the ass.

IM3 was full of great action scenes in my opinion. It showed us that Tony Stark is the hero, not Iron Man.

__________________
People think dreams aren't real just because they aren't made of matter, of particles. Dreams are real. But they are made of viewpoints, of images, of memories and puns and lost hopes
The Endless is offline  
Old 03-27-2014, 04:28 AM   #344
The Endless
WE are Groot
 
The Endless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 7,166
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
That fight was incredible. The way Killian moved, his strength and speed, was very impressive. Shane Black came up with a credible foe who posed a real threat for Iron Man. Killian wasn't wearing armor and he didn't crumple after a two-minute fight, both of which were things people complained about after Iron Man and Iron Man 2. There was real menace to Killian's powers and he could have easily killed Stark, which wasn't something I felt in the previous films.
Yea, it actually gave us something different. It gave us something people were clamouring for. And it's pretty much the only Marvel movie where there was actual tension and a sense of danger. All the other films you can't see the hero losing. But like you say, Killian was a credible threat.

__________________
People think dreams aren't real just because they aren't made of matter, of particles. Dreams are real. But they are made of viewpoints, of images, of memories and puns and lost hopes
The Endless is offline  
Old 03-27-2014, 04:29 AM   #345
Drz
Real Hero
 
Drz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: http://tinyurl.com/haad5pl
Posts: 18,255
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - - - Part 18

Noone cares about a loser villain with a disability who becomes a douché loser with super powers, at the end of the day, he's still a petty loser.

The real Mandarin is still out there, even Marvel has acknowledged this, i want to see him in a movie.

__________________
"Social critics don’t mean a thing to me. It’s really easy to ignore them, because I believe in what I’m doing 100 percent. So any naysayers for the public good can just buzz off. They might be a drag for a moment, but after that moment is over, it always ends up being gasoline to my fire." - Quentin Tarantino
Drz is offline  
Old 03-27-2014, 04:31 AM   #346
The Endless
WE are Groot
 
The Endless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 7,166
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - - - Part 18

Considering he's recognised by non butt hurt fanboys as Marvels best villain apart from Loki, you're incorrect again. It's fine to have an opinion, but don't presume you are correct when in actual fact, the people *****ing about Mandarin are a very small minority of people.

__________________
People think dreams aren't real just because they aren't made of matter, of particles. Dreams are real. But they are made of viewpoints, of images, of memories and puns and lost hopes
The Endless is offline  
Old 03-27-2014, 04:34 AM   #347
Drz
Real Hero
 
Drz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: http://tinyurl.com/haad5pl
Posts: 18,255
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - - - Part 18

Hhahaha.

Did you just say i am wrong, because a lot of people feel different?

Are you saying Mcdonalds is a great food chain? Are you saying Transformers are master pieces?

I don't care what the world thinks, i don't see how anyone can think Iron Man 3 is nothing more than a weird cult-like movie, but you know what? You enjoy your Iron Man 3, i'll go see Captain America 2 again, now thats a movie.

__________________
"Social critics don’t mean a thing to me. It’s really easy to ignore them, because I believe in what I’m doing 100 percent. So any naysayers for the public good can just buzz off. They might be a drag for a moment, but after that moment is over, it always ends up being gasoline to my fire." - Quentin Tarantino
Drz is offline  
Old 03-27-2014, 04:36 AM   #348
I SEE SPIDEY
Banned User
 
I SEE SPIDEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In Superman's arms
Posts: 54,628
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - - - Part 18

I liked Iron Man 3 but I actually think that your complaints about Killian's vagueness are fair. I disagree about the action scenes, I thought they were better handled than The Avengers action scenes.

I actually agree about The Dark World complaints as well. The Dark World was a troubled production and it showed on screen. I really hope Marvel allows the director of the 3rd film more freedom and pushes Thor back into the forefront. Loki is a fun character but the films are named Thor.

Nice to hear that Captain America 2 is awesome, I can't wait to see it.

I SEE SPIDEY is offline  
Old 03-27-2014, 04:41 AM   #349
The Endless
WE are Groot
 
The Endless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 7,166
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drz View Post
Hhahaha.

Did you just say i am wrong, because a lot of people feel different?

Are you saying Mcdonalds is a great food chain? Are you saying Transformers are master pieces?

I don't care what the world thinks, i don't see how anyone can think Iron Man 3 is nothing more than a weird cult-like movie, but you know what? You enjoy your Iron Man 3, i'll go see Captain America 2 again, now thats a movie.
No i said you're wrong that people think Killian is a crap villain. You and a very small but vocal minority do. Mainly because you can't get over the fact that they deviated from the source material.

But whatevers

__________________
People think dreams aren't real just because they aren't made of matter, of particles. Dreams are real. But they are made of viewpoints, of images, of memories and puns and lost hopes
The Endless is offline  
Old 03-27-2014, 04:53 AM   #350
xeno000
Raining hell from above
 
xeno000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Knowhere
Posts: 7,921
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - - - Part 18

Sometimes I wonder if Iron Man 3 ran over people's dogs, killed off their WOW characters, stole their high school sweetheart or something. It's like that movie personally ruined some fans' lives. Not that I mind. I find the hate hilarious.

xeno000 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.