The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2012, 04:23 PM   #226
Wesley Dodds
He Who Lurks...
 
Wesley Dodds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 6,417
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9

I like them. Not as substantially different as I would have thought. But maybe that's a good thing..

Wesley Dodds is offline  
Old 11-09-2012, 04:31 PM   #227
Kirmit
Big Green Machine.
 
Kirmit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 3,351
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9

Hmm I'm undecided, I like the design but they look a lot smaller, I liked how big and intimidating the previous design was.

__________________
Puny Human.
Kirmit is offline  
Old 11-09-2012, 05:32 PM   #228
Upset Spideyfan
Look on the bright side
 
Upset Spideyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 11,892
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9

I think they look great.

__________________
Cass: Where are we going?
The Doctor: Back of the ship.
Cass
: Why?
The Doctor
: Because the front crashes first. Think it through.
Upset Spideyfan is offline  
Old 11-09-2012, 06:30 PM   #229
Llama_Shepherd
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 9,713
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9

I like the new design. I also like the old design. I imagine that like the Daleks we'll still be seeing both.

Llama_Shepherd is offline  
Old 11-09-2012, 10:54 PM   #230
Gold Samurai
Side-Kick
 
Gold Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 11,351
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9

A future FAIL inspirational photo










Streamlined look has a feminine look to it









Goodbye Mark 1 armor


Gold Samurai is offline  
Old 11-09-2012, 10:55 PM   #231
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler
 
wobbly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 9,682
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt.Pepper View Post
First Look at New Cybermen









http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/series-7-fi...rmen-41590.htm

http://healthytowers.tumblr.com/

I like the redesigned look, it's more aesthetically pleasing to the eyes than the previous design.
Much better. They've trimmed down the bulky parts (the cheapish looking boots was something I did dislike with the former) and added a lot of embellishments to the armor.

Actually it reminds me a lot of the Iron-Man armor now (below the head that is). Put some 'Hot Rod red' & Gold on that it wouldn't be far of.

__________________
To see some gratuitous Wobbly Bits just hit the link :)
wobbly is offline  
Old 11-09-2012, 11:29 PM   #232
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur
 
The Squirrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Up a tree
Posts: 17,754
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9

I really like this look.

The Squirrel is offline  
Old 11-10-2012, 08:29 AM   #233
Siby
Side-Kick
 
Siby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,743
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9

The new look does look very Iron Man style. It looks good but I think I prefer the old clunky forms from the past.

Siby is offline  
Old 11-10-2012, 10:08 AM   #234
SpideyFan866
Banned User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 16,509
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt.Pepper View Post
First Look at New Cybermen









http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/series-7-fi...rmen-41590.htm

http://healthytowers.tumblr.com/

I like the redesigned look, it's more aesthetically pleasing to the eyes than the previous design.
Fantastic. Brilliant. Couldn't have asked for anything better.

I'd like to point out how the new faces have that sorta happy expression the original had.

That was always super creepy and I'm glad to see it back.


Last edited by SpideyFan866; 11-10-2012 at 10:13 AM.
SpideyFan866 is offline  
Old 11-10-2012, 10:11 AM   #235
Maximus One
Eklypze Is Dead
 
Maximus One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Owensboro KY
Posts: 11,730
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9

Nice!

Maximus One is offline  
Old 11-10-2012, 10:40 AM   #236
chamber-music
Infinity Ammo
 
chamber-music's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 33,266
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9

Look a little Ultonish

__________________
All aboard the Pork Chop Express!
chamber-music is offline  
Old 11-10-2012, 02:58 PM   #237
Lord Valumart
Hype's Dr - It's Canon
 
Lord Valumart's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: you know the voice in your head, he's my flat mate
Posts: 39,389
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9

I like the spine on the back there. Very nice touch.

__________________
I'm the one who steps from the shadows,
all trenchcoat and cigarette and arrogance,
ready to deal with the madness.

Twitter: @lordvalumart
Tumblr: General-Geek
Lord Valumart is offline  
Old 11-10-2012, 03:41 PM   #238
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 37,082
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9

If the new Robocop body looked more like those, I wouldn't complain.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 11-10-2012, 05:37 PM   #239
Kirmit
Big Green Machine.
 
Kirmit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 3,351
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
If the new Robocop body looked more like those, I wouldn't complain.
I actually thought the same thing.

__________________
Puny Human.
Kirmit is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 01:12 PM   #240
Gold Samurai
Side-Kick
 
Gold Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 11,351
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9

First Christmas Special photo




"Change my dear, and not a moment too soon...."



Looks like we're going to get a "Leisure Planet" type tone change for the remaining half of series 7

Gold Samurai is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 01:16 PM   #241
Wesley Dodds
He Who Lurks...
 
Wesley Dodds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 6,417
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9

I really miss his proper duds already. Let's hiope this wardrobe change ain't a permanent thing...

Wesley Dodds is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 01:36 PM   #242
Manic
User title? USER TITLE?!
 
Manic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Northern California
Posts: 35,960
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9

It feels like every time we see a photo of him from the second half, he's wearing an entirely different outfit. I don't know what to expect anymore.

Manic is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 05:09 PM   #243
Gold Samurai
Side-Kick
 
Gold Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 11,351
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic View Post
It feels like every time we see a photo of him from the second half, he's wearing an entirely different outfit. I don't know what to expect anymore.

Moffat- EXCELLENT!

Gold Samurai is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 06:02 PM   #244
Lord Valumart
Hype's Dr - It's Canon
 
Lord Valumart's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: you know the voice in your head, he's my flat mate
Posts: 39,389
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9

Expect Cybermen maybe? I dunno, but something tells me they've been hinted at...

__________________
I'm the one who steps from the shadows,
all trenchcoat and cigarette and arrogance,
ready to deal with the madness.

Twitter: @lordvalumart
Tumblr: General-Geek
Lord Valumart is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 05:36 PM   #245
Midnite
Side-Kick
 
Midnite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 813
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9

Does anyone have good weeping angels avatar gifs?

Midnite is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 12:13 AM   #246
SpideyFan866
Banned User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 16,509
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9

New pic from the Christmas special.


SpideyFan866 is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 12:23 AM   #247
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur
 
The Squirrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Up a tree
Posts: 17,754
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9

"But you died!"

The Squirrel is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 12:29 AM   #248
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 37,082
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9

"I got better."

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 01:00 AM   #249
Doc Ock
The Spider-Totem Awakens
 
Doc Ock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Oklahoma, US
Posts: 8,852
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9

The new Cybermen look awesome, nice to see a design change.

__________________
Keep Hope Alive: Fox's days are numbered.
Doc Ock is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 04:43 PM   #250
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 37,082
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9

Bam


__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:37 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.