Old 09-12-2012, 06:49 PM   #227
Comics N' Toons
Viva La Revolucion!

Default Re: The Look of the Turtles

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGreen View Post
Just use the cartoon designs with some reptile skin
they have to be careful so the turtles don't look too scaley

Jerry and Joe were gentlemen. Bob Kane was a thief and a glory-hound who was more concerned about profit and prestige. I cannot bring myself to believe the same things about Stan Lee in regards to his two main contributors, Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko. I'm inclined to believe Stan's version of events as he has usually been very willing to credit his co-conspirators, but the truth is because different versions of credit exists, we will never truly know.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:48 PM   #228
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

http://msekowski.blogspot.co.uk/2009...a-turtles.html

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 09-13-2012, 08:03 PM   #229
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

While those are cool and Well designed, It's not quite the direction the movie should go IMO.

Old 09-13-2012, 08:42 PM   #230
terry78
I don't die, fool

That would basically be saying "here, just fire all of us at Platinum Dunes now."

Old 09-14-2012, 08:26 AM   #231
Comics N' Toons
Viva La Revolucion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
i like the designs a lot actually but the turtle heads need to be less turtle-ish, if that makes since. The heads should be closer to the 2003 Turtles cartoon IMO.

Jerry and Joe were gentlemen. Bob Kane was a thief and a glory-hound who was more concerned about profit and prestige. I cannot bring myself to believe the same things about Stan Lee in regards to his two main contributors, Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko. I'm inclined to believe Stan's version of events as he has usually been very willing to credit his co-conspirators, but the truth is because different versions of credit exists, we will never truly know.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:43 PM   #232
spidermanJLA!~
SUPERHERO

Yeah the last thing we need is realistic talking giant turtles walking on screen.

Old 09-14-2012, 03:18 PM   #233
Comics N' Toons
Viva La Revolucion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidermanJLA!~ View Post
Yeah the last thing we need is realistic talking giant turtles walking on screen.
they need to resemble what they have resembled for nearly 30 years. They don't need to have beaks

Old 09-14-2012, 03:54 PM   #234
spidermanJLA!~
SUPERHERO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BATS N' HORNETS View Post
they need to resemble what they have resembled for nearly 30 years. They don't need to have beaks
Yeah, they shouldn't take "Turtle" or "Mutant" too literally.

Old 09-15-2012, 05:27 AM   #235
SpideyFan866
Banned User

With the exception of the front/chest portion of the shell, I LOOOOOVE this design.

I hope we get something similar to this. I really think practical suits, with some CGI enhancement, could work better than full on CGI.

Old 09-15-2012, 05:28 AM   #236
SpideyFan866
Banned User

BTW it'sa sad though that a short like that could be better than anything in the entire Ninja Turtles script.

Old 09-15-2012, 09:02 AM   #237
spidermanJLA!~
SUPERHERO

It's not bad, but have seen this? I've posted it back in the Spidey thread. The reason I post it is because I think they could do cgi enhanced animatronics while still looking cool. That video is cool, but like you said, the shell is wrong. It should be a shell, not a vest. I hate it when artists design the shell like a vest.

Old 09-15-2012, 12:51 PM   #238
ShredderX
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
BTW it'sa sad though that a short like that could be better than anything in the entire Ninja Turtles script.
LOL, I agree. The Fan-made Casey Jones movie was also better than the Ninja Turtles Script.

Old 09-15-2012, 03:32 PM   #239
Comics N' Toons
Viva La Revolucion!

have any of you read the Turtles script to judge how bad it was. If so, where can I find it?

Old 09-16-2012, 06:08 AM   #240
SpideyFan866
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BATS N' HORNETS View Post
have any of you read the Turtles script to judge how bad it was. If so, where can I find it?
Yes. Most of us have. I'm not sure where to find it though. Paramount took down all the links I had.

But just so you know, it was bad. I mean about as bad as, if not worse, than Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.

Old 09-16-2012, 07:10 AM   #241
Haff
Side-Kick

I think they should try making them all have the red bandanna much like the comic books, just to spice things up a little bit and not look like the last films.

On the subject of the script. I have a feeling it's terrible. They always seem to half ass or rather half shell these kind of movie franchises.

Old 09-16-2012, 07:16 AM   #242
Blackman
C'mon Son

I think them all having all red masks for part of the film would be nice/a cool nod to the original stuff

Old 09-16-2012, 10:39 AM   #243
Comics N' Toons
Viva La Revolucion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Yes. Most of us have. I'm not sure where to find it though. Paramount took down all the links I had.

But just so you know, it was bad. I mean about as bad as, if not worse, than Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.
I'll take your word for it, but I never have ever paid attention to Transformers in any incarnation and don't know anything about those movies so I can't compare the two. Thankfully, they seem to be redoing or revamping the script!

Old 09-16-2012, 10:46 AM   #244
spidermanJLA!~
SUPERHERO

Old 09-16-2012, 11:21 AM   #245
Comics N' Toons
Viva La Revolucion!

That's interesting

Old 09-16-2012, 02:13 PM   #246
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Old 09-17-2012, 03:55 AM   #247
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

not really feeling any of those new designs/concepts

i'd rather just have them look like they did in the original TMNT movie, just give them an update look

Old 09-23-2012, 04:45 AM   #248
AcidMage
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEN =w= DAY View Post
not really feeling any of those new designs/concepts

i'd rather just have them look like they did in the original TMNT movie, just give them an update look
Agreed. A lot of these redesigns take themselves too seriously. Honestly, it is TMNT. It is supposed to be fun and silly and zany, it doesn't need a "gritty reboot", that's missing the point of both the cartoons/live action movies and the original comics.

Old 09-23-2012, 02:27 PM   #249
ShredderX
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidMage View Post
Agreed. A lot of these redesigns take themselves too seriously. Honestly, it is TMNT. It is supposed to be fun and silly and zany, it doesn't need a "gritty reboot", that's missing the point of both the cartoons/live action movies and the original comics.
I take it , you haven't read the original comic books ? Four mutated turtles being raised by a mutant rat to avenge the death of his master against a Clan of evil ninjas led by a psycho in a bladed suit sounds pretty gritty to me.

Old 09-23-2012, 03:04 PM   #250
Comics N' Toons
Viva La Revolucion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredderx View Post
i take it , you haven't read the original comic books ? Four mutated turtles being raised by a mutant rat to avenge the death of his master against a clan of evil ninjas led by a psycho in a bladed suit sounds pretty gritty to me.
amen!

Closed Thread