The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Old 07-07-2013, 07:10 PM   #226
Naite22
Side-Kick

Default Re: Predicting Critic Response To TASM2

After seeing man of steel, I went right home and saw Amazing Spidey again. And I got a new appreciated feel for ASM's storytelling. Cause MOS's was really badly executed. And I still really like MOS, don't get me wrong. But if there was one movie that took a lot of "beating" from critics which for the most part really wasn't fair, it was ASM. It's a really solid layed groundwork for the new franchise, and its storytelling was very well executed.

I think ASM2 has so much potential of really making it BIG TIME! (but I've been wrong so many times before with statements like that regarding other franchises sequels). The origin is out of the way now. The style has been layed down. The first film's weakest part was the lizard creature it self. Really boring. It didn't fit in with the rest of the universe. Which reminds me. When looking at the villain from Spidey 1 to 2 in the original series, I think the same thing is evident here with the new franchise. The villains chosen for ASM2 both looks and seems to work way better, cinematically, than that of the Lizard in the first film.

I pray for a high rating on rotten for this one!

Naite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:41 PM   #227
NewYorkSpider
Norm!

I think they tried too hard with the storytelling in Man Of Steel, but it was needed. The Amazing Spider-Man kept it simple and now they have the opportunity to make the next three movies something special. Like some people are saying, where does MOS go from here?

NewYorkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:11 AM   #228
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Whiplash* View Post

The one with Jokers voice/laugh at the end? That was incredible.
Disagreed.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:12 AM   #229
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

MoS had a very problematic screenplay (aside from trying to rip BB's off) and this time there was no Nolan to correct/finetune it. That's what its problem was. And Costner and Shannon didn't give a flying f**k. Other than that, movie was fine.

Old 07-08-2013, 09:50 AM   #230
JOE

The teaser for TASM needs to be under a minute. I don't want a 2:30 like last time. The shorter the better for a teaser, IMO.

Old 07-08-2013, 01:42 PM   #231
amazingly atiba
Lets go catch a spider

yeah but they need to show just a little

amazingly atiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:57 PM   #232
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naite22 View Post
After seeing man of steel, I went right home and saw Amazing Spidey again. And I got a new appreciated feel for ASM's storytelling. Cause MOS's was really badly executed. And I still really like MOS, don't get me wrong. But if there was one movie that took a lot of "beating" from critics which for the most part really wasn't fair, it was ASM. It's a really solid layed groundwork for the new franchise, and its storytelling was very well executed.

I think ASM2 has so much potential of really making it BIG TIME! (but I've been wrong so many times before with statements like that regarding other franchises sequels). The origin is out of the way now. The style has been layed down. The first film's weakest part was the lizard creature it self. Really boring. It didn't fit in with the rest of the universe. Which reminds me. When looking at the villain from Spidey 1 to 2 in the original series, I think the same thing is evident here with the new franchise. The villains chosen for ASM2 both looks and seems to work way better, cinematically, than that of the Lizard in the first film.

I pray for a high rating on rotten for this one!
I think Electro and Rhino are good choices for villains in TASM2. Lizard was fine for the first movie, but as you said, boring. His character was not fleshed out enough, HOWEVER... it did tie-in to the overall theme of the movie of cross-species genetics, Spider-Man's origin, and Peter's parents.

I am wondering about how Electro and Rhino will tie into everything (especially Electro). We know he is an Oscorp employee, but is that it?

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:02 PM   #233
JOE

I want to see more "Richard Parker". (Say it in Ratha's voice)

Old 07-08-2013, 02:04 PM   #234
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

I remember someone on these boards thought that Norman Osborn was going to be Peter's dad. LOL

That was before Chris Cooper was cast as Norman Osborn though.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:26 PM   #235
FlawlessVictory
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastBlade View Post
Another bad part, Jonathan tries to convince Clark not to be a hero and that leads to his death. The entire movie, Clark becomes Superman and saves everyone.... WUT.
He still believed at this point Clark wasn't ready/mature enough to handle the burden that would come once he was outed. Jon knew how people would react and he was right. He knew Clark had to find out more about himself and when he did and when the time was right, Clark would know and then he can take those steps to fulfilling what it is he was meant to do(this happened when he found the scout ship). Then he would be able to handle that initial burden of how people would react.

FlawlessVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:45 AM   #236
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

The point Jonathan's death scene made was brilliant, actually (save for the damn dog). Too bad they never actually took it anywhere. Clark never made a choice. As soon as he wore the suit there was no dilemma.

Old 07-09-2013, 12:53 AM   #237
AF3619
You´re those Spider-guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE View Post
I want to see more "Richard Parker". (Say it in Ratha's voice)

Old 07-09-2013, 12:54 AM   #238
TheLastBlade
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawlessVictory View Post
He still believed at this point Clark wasn't ready/mature enough to handle the burden that would come once he was outed. Jon knew how people would react and he was right. He knew Clark had to find out more about himself and when he did and when the time was right, Clark would know and then he can take those steps to fulfilling what it is he was meant to do(this happened when he found the scout ship). Then he would be able to handle that initial burden of how people would react.
1. He makes the worst advice EVER. If he didn't save the kids, people would find it strange that Clark was the only one who survived.

2. His death might as well be ranked as one of movie's worst. Clark didn't need superpowers to get Jon. His stop hand signal lasted for a few minutes and the tornado got him. At this point, a lot of people knew Clark's powers. Oh darn, he's gonna save this one guy; just like how he saved the kids earlier!

TheLastBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:55 AM   #239
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Nobody knew Clark had powers. Pete's mom clearly said it was "a miracle".

Old 07-09-2013, 07:21 AM   #240
MessiahDecoy123
Psychological Anarchist

Thefirst ASM2 teaser needs to something along the lines of the WTC trailer for Spider-man (2002).

I wasn't a fan of the movie but that was easily the best comic book movie teaser of all time.

Old 07-09-2013, 09:02 AM   #241
JOE

Too bad the trailer never got the full exposure it deserved due to 9/11.

I own the banner of the first image of Spider-Man. The one where you only see his face and hand on the side of the building. The twin towers are in his eyes so all posters/banners got recalled back in late 01'.

Mine's 8 x 4 ft and it's vinyl. Takes up an entire wall and I love every inch of it!