The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

Old 05-09-2009, 10:02 PM   #251
Beanjuice
Human beanjuice

Default Re: The Liev Schrieber/Sabretooth thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Just an issue about Creed's claws; he is able to easily tear into the metal hood of a car. But is able to easily break Wolverine's claws by stamping on them .

Now fine, he may have had leverage over the railway line (I think), but still - Creed's claws that much tougher than Wolverine's? Oh well.

Anyway, huge fan of this Creed; since he cannot appear in the Wolverine II film (due to memory issues), I really wouldn't mind a quick cameo (or not so quick ) of Creed in the Deadpool film. Really, we can't just get one view of such a brilliant portrayal (imo).

Victor's claws are made of material much harder and much stronger than bone. Logan's claws were bone,and bone can only take so much force before it snaps

Old 05-09-2009, 10:14 PM   #252
scatterax
Presented in Technicolor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hewholaughs55 View Post
Victor's claws are made of material much harder and much stronger than bone. Logan's claws were bone,and bone can only take so much force before it snaps
oh, ok.

4) The Dark Knight Rises 5) The Incredible Hulk 6) Scott Pilgrim vs The World
7)X-Men:Days of Future Past 8) X-Men:First Class 9) Thor 10) Spider-Man 2
scatterax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:34 PM   #253
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Schrieber was excellent as Sabretooth. One of the best villains in a comic movie, IMO.

To avoid the inconsistency with Sabretooth with the first, I'm just going to think there are two characters in the X-Men universe named Sabretooth.

Spidey-Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:36 PM   #254
Ace of Knaves
Banned User

Well Creed is never called Sabretooth in this

Ace of Knaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:15 AM   #255
logan_weapon_x
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hewholaughs55 View Post
Ok so the guy:

kills for the sheer joy of it

"kills" Logan's girl

stays on and helps Stryker kidnap mutants,while the other members of the team quit.

Does everything he possible can to make his brother miserable

And pretty much thrives on fear and intimidation

Yeah, totally not a villain
Still. not the villain I expected. Obviously he was bad guy, but a back to back team up at the end was just a little much for me.

Old 05-10-2009, 09:17 AM   #256
Ace of Knaves
Banned User

Why was it? I've always thought of Creed as Logan's Joker, so to speak. It makes sense that he wouldn't want anyone else to get the pleasure of killing Wolverine.

Old 05-10-2009, 09:20 AM   #257
logan_weapon_x
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ace of Knaves View Post
Why was it? I've always thought of Creed as Logan's Joker, so to speak. It makes sense that he wouldn't want anyone else to get the pleasure of killing Wolverine.
But it was kind of like after they'd finished fighting, he didn't want to kill Wolverine ( When Logan says 'This doesn't change things'?).

Old 05-10-2009, 09:22 AM   #258
Ace of Knaves
Banned User

Yea I see what ya mean. But maybe Victor knew he wouldn't be able to take Logan in a straight up fight now? So he skulks off into the shadows to live and fight another day.

Old 05-10-2009, 09:23 AM   #259
logan_weapon_x
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yea I see what ya mean. But maybe Victor knew he wouldn't be able to take Logan in a straight up fight now? So he skulks off into the shadows to live and fight another day.
I just mean he came off as a bit more sympathetic than I thought he would be, which I don't have a problem with. And ok, he killed a few people and there was an evil side, but in some say, as soppy as this sounds, it was like he just wanted a sort of acceptance.

Old 05-10-2009, 09:24 AM   #260
Nathan

That's what I hated. As soon as Logan got the adamantium, suddenly he's undefeatable. Victor should still have been able to put up a fight and not simply take a pounding.

Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:32 AM   #261
Ace of Knaves
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan_weapon_x View Post
I just mean he came off as a bit more sympathetic than I thought he would be, which I don't have a problem with. And ok, he killed a few people and there was an evil side, but in some say, as soppy as this sounds, it was like he just wanted a sort of acceptance.
Yea, but I thought that was a nice sort of touch.

He is definitely a evil bastard, can't really sympathize with him. But I got the feeling that he was sad just as much as angry about his brother's betrayal. I liked that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
That's what I hated. As soon as Logan got the adamantium, suddenly he's undefeatable. Victor should still have been able to put up a fight and not simply take a pounding.
Yea maybe so.

But it wasn't just strength . I liked that in the alley in New Orleans Logan shows he has learned from their last encounter, ducking under Creed's lunge. It shows it wasn't just the "upgrades" that allowed him to get the upper hand that time.

And the fight in the lab was where Logan was at his angriest I think.

Old 05-10-2009, 09:39 AM   #262
Nathan

It simply shouldn't have been such easy wins.

Old 05-10-2009, 09:43 AM   #263
Ace of Knaves
Banned User

Fair point.

But I'm not buying the idea that the adamantium was the sole reason he was able to defeat Creed on those occasions.

Old 05-10-2009, 09:54 AM   #264
Nathan

The first fight showed that Creed had the upper hand with his superior combat skills and pure strength. You say that Logan won the lab fight because he was at his angriest. If that would've been the case he should've won the first fight since he just found his dead girlfriend.

The first makes it clear that there is a substantial difference between Logan and Creed. By the time Wolverine gets the adamantium, tables have turned. In both fights he made Creed his *****. The 2nd fight he took him down with 3 moves, in the 3rd fight it took him 2 more. It didn't even look like Creed had much of a fighting chance anymore.

Old 05-10-2009, 09:57 AM   #265
Ace of Knaves
Banned User

Yea I see what you are saying. But still, Logan did get start to get the upper hand on Creed at the end of the first fight, until he got crushed by those logs.

And as I said, I liked the way Logan dodged Creed's lunge. Showed he learned from his mistake in the first fight.

Old 05-10-2009, 10:01 AM   #266
Nathan

He learned so much though, that it was boring to watch. The fact that they started each fight exactly the same didn't help either.

Old 05-10-2009, 02:18 PM   #267
Bren
Forevernoob

Quote:
And as I said, I liked the way Logan dodged Creed's lunge. Showed he learned from his mistake in the first fight.
And Creed had the gall to accuse Wraith of being predictable; he was equally as predictable.

But I also believe that the change in fighting superiority was too great. It should have been easy to show;
Fight 1; Creed owning Wolverine
Fight 2; Wolverine slightly on top before fight stopped by Gambit
Fight 3; Show Creed as REALLY pissed off (he wasn't in the first 2) and have the upper hand for a while, before Wolverine eventually tops him.

This way, the end team-up fight would have been even better, because it would not have been 'ineffectual creed and super-wolverine against Uberpool', but two almost equally deadly skilled fighters getting their butts whooped. Well, it was like that anyway, but I think the preceding fights could have kept Creed at his initial 'extremely dangerous' level...

I hate analysing films - Watching it twice, I loved it. Now I'm starting to get upset, that I (no movie talent whatsoever) might have some better ideas than an oscar winner and well-paid writers...

Damn the internet. Damn this site !

Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 03:02 PM   #268
Ace of Knaves
Banned User

Hey, we all have our own ideas about things, it's all good.

And yea I agree with you about the 3rd fight. We should of seen Creed and Logan tearing each other to bits for a sustained period, not like 2 minutes. Creed angry that he couldn't get the adamantium, Logan angry about the whole fake death business.

Old 05-10-2009, 04:24 PM   #269
venom892
Coming Home

I would say the first fight was the best one.The second fight was hardly a fight more a scuffle and the third one should have been much more brutal.

venom892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 05:51 PM   #270
Legion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
It might have been more fun for fans to see a longer fight, but really it makes more sense that Wolverine would have a huge advantage over Sabretooth since his claws are much longer and can cut through steel with a wave of his wrist.

Even with Creed's healing factor, in close range Wolverine should easily be able to cut off his hands or head. Which is why I really liked the part when Wolverine stabs through Creed's hand in the alley.

Even in the comics after the mutant massacre, when the X-men fight the marauders again, Wolverine is able to beat Sabretooth much more easily. In one issue he simply stabs him in the chest and Creed goes down and at the end of Inferno he gives him a "fast claw special" and beats him off panel.

Legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 05:57 PM   #271
Beanjuice
Human beanjuice

Fast "ball" special. Fixed*

Old 05-10-2009, 06:05 PM   #272
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion View Post
It might have been more fun for fans to see a longer fight, but really it makes more sense that Wolverine would have a huge advantage over Sabretooth since his claws are much longer and can cut through steel with a wave of his wrist.
They didn't look that much longer to me, and I'd give you the advantage argument if Creed would've had actually lost any limbs. Instead they showed Wolverine's superiority by turning Creed suddenly into a wimp.

Old 05-10-2009, 06:46 PM   #273
Bren
Forevernoob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion View Post
Which is why I really liked the part when Wolverine stabs through Creed's hand in the alley.
That was problematic for me; he was nowhere near good enough to achieve that skill in the first fight, why would adamantium suddenly give him the skill?

It looked cool, but he shouldn't have been able to do it (without luck, which it wasn't)...

Then again, maybe movie-Wolverine always was the superior fighter, and just 'lost his head' in the first fight because of his wife's death (which I would not enjoy at all)...

Imo they should be relatively closely matched all the time...

Old 05-10-2009, 07:28 PM   #274
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
That was problematic for me; he was nowhere near good enough to achieve that skill in the first fight, why would adamantium suddenly give him the skill?
Placebo effect. Having indestructible claws made him a lot more confident in his ability to take down Creed. I think he knew Creed was always the stronger and more skilled one.

Spidey-Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 07:41 PM   #275
Bren
Forevernoob

I'll counter your good argument with the fact that he should be slower due to added weight.

And no, his mutant powers do not include muscle adaption to weight by getting stronger/faster .