Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 11:08 PM   #176
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Default Re: The Official Boxing Thread!!! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Samson View Post
Damn, at work so I couldn't catch it tonight. Was it a screw job or were the cards just not close enough?
Screw job? This was a rape. But as usual, they pretend like Canelo dominated Trout which wasn't true at all. This fight could have gone either way but MOST people seem to think Trout won. At worse, I thought it was a draw.

Old 04-20-2013, 11:09 PM   #177
Project862006
Banned User

trout got wobbled more than once an uppercut froze him and another right hand buckled him not to mention the straight right

no doubt canelo was the winner

Old 04-20-2013, 11:10 PM   #178
The Game
Side-Kick

Quote:
Damn, at work so I couldn't catch it tonight. Was it a screw job or were the cards just not close enough?
The fight was razor close, I had Trout winning but I can see understand those that side with Canelo. Once again the scoring in Texas is a joke.

Old 04-20-2013, 11:10 PM   #179
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
Your job(Cheeks) didn't have it? Most bars have boxing matches.

Old 04-20-2013, 11:12 PM   #180
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
trout got wobbled more than once an uppercut froze him and another right hand buckled him not to mention the straight right

no doubt canelo was the winner
That's how Trout fights though. Even though he was wobbled, he CLEARLY came back and fought and in most cases won that round when he was knocked down.

Old 04-20-2013, 11:14 PM   #181
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker2.0 View Post
Your job(Cheeks) didn't have it? Most bars have boxing matches.
Luckily (or perhaps not) I don't work in such an establishment to be inebriated as often as you

In any case though, they definitely want Canelo positioned properly, and losing to Trout robs the cash cow of getting good and fed...

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Old 04-20-2013, 11:17 PM   #182
DoomsdayApex
Banned User

I had Canelo winning by 2 points but that was a horrific score by the judges. Regardless, Trout lost and I agree with the result.

Old 04-20-2013, 11:21 PM   #183
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
I had Canelo winning by 2 points but that was a horrific score by the judges. Regardless, Trout lost and I agree with the result.
Ok, two points, I can respect that. But one judge had it by 9 points and another by 5. What fight was they watching? As the Game said, it was Razor close and like him, I had Trout winning and I could accept defeat but 118-109?! Are you f&$#*&#@ kidding me?!

Old 04-20-2013, 11:26 PM   #184
Project862006
Banned User

trout just missed way too much how many times did he hit air lol

Old 04-20-2013, 11:28 PM   #185
DoomsdayApex
Banned User

Quote:
Ok, two points, I can respect that. But one judge had it by 9 points and another by 5. What fight was they watching? As the Game said, it was Razor close and like him, I had Trout winning and I could accept defeat but 118-109?! Are you f&$#*&#@ kidding me?!
118-109 is ridiculous. It was a razor close bout, in my opinion. Both Canelo and Trout had their moments, but then I realize this is Texas. The judging in Texas is typically "full retard".

Old 04-20-2013, 11:33 PM   #186
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
trout just missed way too much how many times did he hit air lol
Did you not see how many punches Canelo missed or when he did his dance, was it enough to convince you he was winning? Canelo had maybe 30 seconds a round when he was active and took 2 minutes off. Listen to fights with volume off and you will see.

Old 04-20-2013, 11:38 PM   #187
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Did you not see how many punches Canelo missed or when he did his dance, was it enough to convince you he was winning? Canelo had maybe 30 seconds a round when he was active and took 2 minutes off. Listen to fights with volume off and you will see.
why so sensitive

Old 04-20-2013, 11:50 PM   #188
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Just want to see a fair fight, not one where fighters are made but rather earn their keep. Canelo got a gift tonight.

Old 04-20-2013, 11:52 PM   #189
Project862006
Banned User

not many people if at all gave trout the fight i watched fight with my whole family and we all saw clear for canelo

Old 04-21-2013, 12:32 AM   #190
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
not many people if at all gave trout the fight i watched fight with my whole family and we all saw clear for canelo
Go to ANY sports sight and you will see you are in the minority. And its not so much that Trout lost, its the margin they had him winning.

Last edited by Docker2.0; 04-21-2013 at 10:35 AM.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:42 AM   #191
The Game
Side-Kick

Quote:
There was nothing clear about this fight and Trout definitely did not lose 8 or more rounds

Old 04-21-2013, 08:03 AM   #192
Project862006
Banned User

never said he did i gave trout 5 rounds to canelo's 7

canelo just landed the crisper harder shots,dropped trout,and wobbled him several times and dodged majority of trout's offense and was not hurt once

Last edited by Project862006; 04-21-2013 at 08:18 AM.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:10 AM   #193
DoomsdayApex
Banned User

Considering close the fight was, Canelo hurting Trout sealed the deal, in my opinion.

Old 04-21-2013, 03:32 PM   #194
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

Quote:
Just want to see a fair fight, not one where fighters are made but rather earn their keep. Canelo got a gift tonight.
Canelo's victory was just

it was a close fight but i had Canelo winning 115-112. the judges score was exaggerated, but it was clear that Canelo was the victor. Trout may have thrown more punches, but Canelo's were more effective. the 8th round knockdown helped Canelo out a lot.

Old 04-23-2013, 01:34 AM   #195
Assassin32
Or: Rōnin Iscariot

I thought it was obvious that Canelo beat Trout fairly. I'll take powerful precision punching over consistent but ultimately ineffectual activity every time -- and anyone judging a boxing match should, too. Not once did Canelo ever appear bothered by anything Trout was doing. He was the boss in there, and it was a fine display of ring generalship. Just ask Trout; he stated Canelo was the better man and deserving victor on the telecast immediately after the fight ended. I'm just pleased to see that Canelo is the real deal, unlike his countryman, Chavez Jr. Now, here's hoping he fights the Lara-Angulo winner next.

Old 04-23-2013, 04:54 PM   #196
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin32 View Post
I thought it was obvious that Canelo beat Trout fairly. I'll take powerful precision punching over consistent but ultimately ineffectual activity every time -- and anyone judging a boxing match should, too. Not once did Canelo ever appear bothered by anything Trout was doing. He was the boss in there, and it was a fine display of ring generalship. Just ask Trout; he stated Canelo was the better man and deserving victor on the telecast immediately after the fight ended. I'm just pleased to see that Canelo is the real deal, unlike his countryman, Chavez Jr. Now, here's hoping he fights the Lara-Angulo winner next.
Chavez Jr is a joke and is only living off his dad's name. just ask Freddy Roach, Jr never took his training seriously.

a few years ago i had my doubts about Canelo, but this guy has fortunately proven me wrong. i was pleasantly surprised to see how much his defense has improved over the years. i always felt he lacked in defense, but he looked solid in that regard against Trout on Saturday.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:53 PM   #197
DoomsdayApex
Banned User

Chavez Jr has some talent, but yeah, he's overrated and has a POS self-entitled attitude to him. Canelo, however, is the real deal, in my opinion.

Alvarez's precision power shots were effective. That's what earned him the decision. Trout threw copious amounts of punches but he hit air, and whenever he did land punches he failed to hurt Canelo.

Old 04-23-2013, 10:28 PM   #198
FCEEVIPER
Rubber bullets. Honest

Great fight, Canelo won a very close decision IMO I had it 114-113 for him, but I do agree some rounds could have gone either way.

But yeah, there's a huge room for improvement for Saul. Felt like Saul was gassed or he hurt his leg/s, or he did not train properly. He needs to go back to the drawing board- new S&C coach and maybe even a new trainer, fight more often as well no more long periods of inactivity. He needs to stop all the Mexican TV show circuits, stop pretty much everything that has came with his early fame and work hard on perfecting his craft. Then and only then will he become a legit PFP boxer.

I hope Canelo does fix those issues, I been a fan of his for a long time now, since his early days on Televisa. I can't wait for his next fight for sure.

Thank you Nolan, Goyer & Jonathan
The Dark Knight Saga
2005 - 2008 - 2012

Last edited by FCEEVIPER; 04-23-2013 at 10:52 PM.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:33 AM   #199
DoomsdayApex
Banned User

One thing I've noticed is that Saul's defense and head movement has come a long way. I remember when he just use to stand in front of his opponent and throw punches. His conditioning needs more development but I believe it'll improve soon, I hope.

Old 04-27-2013, 08:52 PM   #200
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Sergio may have got a gift tonight. Saw the fight and I honestly thought it was a draw.

Closed Thread