The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 07:03 PM   #726
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
****; there goes my dream of seeing another MOS film any time soon. And is it true that they're going to be taking inspiration from the Dark Knight Returns? People do realize that Superman was portrayed pretty ****** in that arc and that Batman was the hero of the story right?
This IS MoS2. And Snyder said right in that same sentence that they wouldn't be adapted TDKR, it would just help inform the film. Batman and Superman are never on good terms when they first meet.

Old 07-20-2013, 07:05 PM   #727
DarkSentinel
Banned User

Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015

Honestly I think this is a good way to introduce a new Bruce Wayne/Batman. People are taking it at face value waaaaayyyy too much. This will be a SUPERMAN FILM, first and foremost. I honestly don't see Snyder or WB jumping the shark by overloading and turning MOS 2 into a World's Finest movie. Bruce Wayne will be a primary player who, many forget, will introduce the GA to the new CEO Lex Luthor. Only at the end of the film will Bruce's true motivations be revealed, as well as the Batman identity.

Now, to the more important question that (shockingly) no one has brought up: Will he have a lead-lined cowl?

Priorities, people.

Old 07-20-2013, 07:05 PM   #728
herolee10
No More Miracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
This either IS MOS 2 featuring Batman or it's the full idea of what would have been MOS 2 expanded into a full-blown World's Finest movie. So I don't see the complaints.

It wont take inspiration from Returns in terms of how theyre written or plot. The quote at comic con was only for that event to be dramatic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
This IS MoS2. And Snyder said right in that same sentence that they wouldn't be adapted TDKR, it would just help inform the film. Batman and Superman are never on good terms when they first meet.
True, but in the same time, can anyone tell me just how many times Superman has been portrayed right whenever he's shared the same screen with Batman?

I mean really, how many times has Superman been made to look like crap whenever Batman was on the scene in order to make the dark knight look like a badass simply because he was "human" and needed to show people that he could still take care of himself?

Not to mention, Superman will no longer be portrayed as the main protagonist of the film anymore and we won't get a story showing on how Superman became established as....well Superman since he was just on his way to doing so at the very end of MOS.

Old 07-20-2013, 07:06 PM   #729
J.Howlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turambar View Post
Honestly I think this is a good way to introduce a new Bruce Wayne/Batman. People are taking it at face value waaaaayyyy too much. This will be a SUPERMAN FILM, first and foremost. I honestly don't see Snyder or WB jumping the shark by overloading and turning MOS 2 into a World's Finest movie. Bruce Wayne will be a primary player who, many forget, will introduce the GA to the new CEO Lex Luthor. Only at the end of the film will Bruce's true motivations be revealed, as well as the Batman identity.

Now, to the more important question that (shockingly) no one has brought up: Will he have a lead-lined cowl?

Priorities, people.
Damn great question!

Old 07-20-2013, 07:06 PM   #730
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:
For anyone insisting it's MOS2:

From Superman's panel:

Quote:
Goyer recaps the major announcement from earlier today at the Warner Bros. panel: "We don't know what we're going to call it yet — 'Superman vs. Batman,' 'Batman vs. Superman,' — but those two guys on screen, that's happening."
It's not a ''MOS sequel".

Old 07-20-2013, 07:07 PM   #731
Side-Kick

Quote:
****; there goes my dream of seeing another MOS film any time soon. And is it true that they're going to be taking inspiration from the Dark Knight Returns? People do realize that Superman was portrayed pretty ****** in that arc and that Batman was the hero of the story right?
I wouldn't worry about that. I think there will be element taken from TDKReturns but not the entire comic. If you think Snyder would be so stupid as to portray Superman as the hapless, douchebag, idiot that Frank Miller bastardized the character with in TDKReturns then I don't think you have much confidence in Snyder.

Snyder gave us the Superman film we've waited a generation for, he obviously loves the character. He's not going to butcher him by just Frank Millitarization him (see what I did there).

If that's what happens then I too would be beyond pissed. Eff Frank Miller, that PoS.

Best CBMs
1. Batman Begins 2. Man of Steel 3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 4. The Dark Knight 5. Avengers
Old 07-20-2013, 07:07 PM   #732
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
True, but in the same time, can anyone tell me just how many times Superman has been portrayed right whenever he's shared the same screen with Batman?

I mean really, how many times has Superman been made to look like crap whenever Batman was on the scene in order to make the dark knight look like a badass simply because he was "human" and needed to show people that he could still take care of himself?

Not to mention, Superman will no longer be portrayed as the main protagonist of the film anymore and we won't get a story showing on how Superman became established as....well Superman since he was just on his way to doing so at the very end of MOS.
Well that's their relationship. You're right, Superman is going to look like Batman's ***** for a lot of the movie...but the main characters in these movies USUALLY look like *****es to the villains or other characters until the end when they go through their development and come out stronger characters.

And Superman WILL be the main protagonist. This is a MoS follow up, with all the cast from MoS. It will probably be set in Metropolis with Superman villains. Batman will just be involved. Watch the World's Finest episode from Superman TAS.

Old 07-20-2013, 07:07 PM   #733
Paradox1
Side-Kick

Boomer would nail Bruce Wayne hands down but the dark brooding Batman thats the question.

Old 07-20-2013, 07:08 PM   #734
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

Quote:
edgarwright ‏@edgarwright 1h
I can promise that I won't be on the Marvel panel later. But I can reveal I AM playing Batman. #SDCC
Quote:
Seth Rogen ‏@Sethrogen 1h
This Superman/Batman news is really gonna steal attention from The Lone Ranger/Green Hornet movie we were planning.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Old 07-20-2013, 07:08 PM   #735
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ If they're smart, they'll have Batman near the 3rd act of the film as a human attempting to take Superman down using Kryptonite, believing he's a threat of some kind. When Batman realizes that Supes is being framed, he teams up with Superman to take the implicator down.

Wow, all this sounds a little to Iron Man 2ish for me to be comfortable :/

Old 07-20-2013, 07:08 PM   #736
TX85
Banned User

New Batman or Nolan/Bale's I'm just so f'n excited and feeling like a kid,I've been waiting for this film for 20 years or so!!

Old 07-20-2013, 07:08 PM   #737
DarkSentinel
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
Damn great question!
It's been known to happen on occasion.

Old 07-20-2013, 07:08 PM   #738
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Force View Post

From Superman's panel:

Thank you. I'm not sure where people got this idea that its a Superman movie that happens to have Batman in it.

Old 07-20-2013, 07:10 PM   #739
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDuderino View Post
Thank you. I'm not sure where people got this idea that its a Superman movie that happens to have Batman in it.
It's called denial.

The movie can be called "Batman vs Superman" and they still insist it's a sequel to MOS.

Old 07-20-2013, 07:10 PM   #740
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:

From Superman's panel:

And I responded to you in the other thread. This does NOT mean it's not a MoS sequel, especially since Snyder ****ing called it a MoS sequel, and this is the second film in the trilogy Goyer was contracted write, which he's already said is a MoS sequel. Goyer is just saying there they haven't come up with a name for it yet. The movie does not have to be called MoS2 or whatever to be a sequel to MoS.

Old 07-20-2013, 07:12 PM   #741
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
BECAUSE ZACH SNYDER CALLED IT A MOS SEQUEL WITH BATMAN IN IT AS A DETAIL

Is that big enough for you to understand?

Quote:
It's called denial.

The movie can be called "Batman vs Superman" and they still insist it's a sequel to MOS.

Old 07-20-2013, 07:12 PM   #742
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's called denial.

I guess maybe on the Batman boards they're calling it a new Batman movie with a cameo by some guy in blue tights.

Old 07-20-2013, 07:13 PM   #743
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Goyer is at the Superman 75 thingy at comic con. Says no title for the movie is set yet. And that Superman killing will be adressed in the film. That Clark will truly become Superman in the the film.

Old 07-20-2013, 07:14 PM   #744
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
And I responded to you in the other thread. This does NOT mean it's not a MoS sequel, especially since Snyder ****ing called it a MoS sequel, and this is the second film in the trilogy Goyer was contracted write, which he's already said is a MoS sequel. Goyer is just saying there they haven't come up with a name for it yet. The movie does not have to be called MoS2 or whatever to be a sequel to MoS.
Snyder didn't call it a MOS sequel. he said "we're making another Superman movie!" meaning a movie that has Superman in it. This new Goyer quote confirms that this is a Batman vs Superman movie even more so than a team-up between the two. Even Snyder said in the official press release that the two are facing off.

"Lets make one thing very clear here - Nolan's films are as faithful an adaptation as there is. It pays homage to its source material, remains true to its characters and above all else places the story first and foremost." - jmc
Old 07-20-2013, 07:14 PM   #745
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ Yay. That's good to know

Old 07-20-2013, 07:14 PM   #746
DaJanksta
Henry Cavill's chest hair

Quote:
Probably from the fact that Snyder said we will be making another superman movie. Then he said there is a single element that is in the film that he could help us out with. Cue the reading of the line from the animated movie and the photo of the shields.

Old 07-20-2013, 07:15 PM   #747
herolee10
No More Miracles

Quote:
Well that's their relationship. You're right, Superman is going to look like Batman's ***** for a lot of the movie...but the main characters in these movies USUALLY look like *****es to the villains or other characters until the end when they go through their development and come out stronger characters.

And Superman WILL be the main protagonist. This is a MoS follow up, with all the cast from MoS. It will probably be set in Metropolis with Superman villains. Batman will just be involved. Watch the World's Finest episode from Superman TAS.
That's not really inspiring.lol, considering that in the Animated WF's episode, Lois was Batman's love interest, Batman rescued Superman more times than I can remember, and Superman was more of an sidekick to Batman than anything else.

Yeah, that's a superman film that I want to see. I appreciate what Snyder did for the character, but whenever Batman is involved, I have yet to see one portrayal where superman is portrayed as his equal and where he doesn't lose Lois to Batman.

Old 07-20-2013, 07:15 PM   #748
LaserBees
Banned User

Quote:
Snyder specifically said they're not adapting The Dark Knight Returns. They just used that quote because it was a cool way to introduce the fact that Batman is going to be in a Superman movie.

Old 07-20-2013, 07:15 PM   #749
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:

Nope. He never said Batman would be a detail. See? You don't need to make thing up.

Old 07-20-2013, 07:15 PM   #750
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

Quote:

Is that big enough for you to understand?

I can see why you'd be confused, but that was just his way of dropping the news. He said himself he was thinking of how to break the news because everyone already thought they were in process on the Man of Steel sequel.

Closed Thread