The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 10:14 PM   #926
blumatic
Side-Kick

Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question View Post
I have no idea how a person can possibly say then when Christopher Reeve existed.
You know alot of people hate the Donner films. And thats to my surprise. They hate it.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:14 PM   #927
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
They don't tap into what Kal-El is feeling deep down inside,
"All those things I can do. All those powers. And I couldn't even save him."

So basically no.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:15 PM   #928
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Like I mentioned in another thread, I wouldn't be surprised, hell I'm expecting for things to turn out like this:

1. Batman= Wolverine

2. Superman= Cyclops

And we all know on what happened to Cyclops eventually, ala the boy scout of the X-Men group.
Yeah, it will probably go like this.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:15 PM   #929
herolee10
No More Miracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantis1 View Post
Oh man.

I was already worried when I heard this news, but that just makes it WORSE! I HATED what the X-Men series did to Cyclops!

I'm really not happy with this. I hate that they couldn't allow Superman to have his own series. I mean, they couldn't even wait until the third movie to bring in Batman? Jeezus.

It's making me really dislike Batman right now :-/
Indeed; I mean was Batman really necessary at this point? Just give Superman his own damn solo sequel already instead of forcing the character to share it.

You can be sure that this will make people saying that Superman isn't popular enough and that he needed Batman to save his franchise, etc.

I think I was looking more forward towards seeing a sequel to SR back in 2007 than I am right now in seeing this team up film.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:16 PM   #930
Loki882
Side-Kick

Superman is a smart guy, not doubt about that. However, Batman is one of the most brilliant men in the DCU. I see Batman as the strategist and tactician while Superman is the improviser and go-getter.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:17 PM   #931
FilmNerdJamie
I'M MARY POPPINS, Y'ALL!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Absolutely stoked with the announcement.
I'm reminded of the quote from Pacific Rim.

"In order to fight monsters, we created monsters of our own."

Old 07-20-2013, 10:18 PM   #932
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Well this was interesting news to wake up too. Can't say I'm not disappointed. We finally have an amazing Superman cast set-up, and now we're just going back to Batman (WB's love child).

Trying to stay positive. Interesting that Nolan's still onboard. But reading how Snyder announced it...

Quote:
Snyder took the stage at the Warner Bros. panel to announce something and brought up actor Harry Lennix to read a special message.

"I want you to remember, Clark," Lennix said, "in all the years to come. In all your private moments. I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember, the one man who beat you."
Yep **** everything about this.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:18 PM   #933
wolfy102

Oliver Jackson Cohen as Batman / Bruce Wayne

Saw him in The World Without End - he's got the brooding looks that Batman has and saw him on Faster where he pulled off Bruce Wayne billionaire persona and he's quite good with action scenes too

Old 07-20-2013, 10:19 PM   #934
NewYorkSpider
Norm!

I think Superman's fate film wise depends on if the GA is coming to see this movie for him or for Batman.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:19 PM   #935
Excel
O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay

Hans Zimmers score better remain!!

R.I.P. Heath
Old 07-20-2013, 10:20 PM   #936
MessiahDecoy123
Noble Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumatic View Post
You know alot of people hate the Donner films. And thats to my surprise. They hate it.
Shocking.

That's like hating apple pie with ice cream on top.

or a puppy with a brown spot around his eye.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:20 PM   #937
herolee10
No More Miracles

This film (as it stands at the moment) will turnout to be "this" for Superman's character afterwards:

I was hoping to have two good/great Superman films before being doomed by Batman.

Oh well, I guess I could wait another 10-20 years for another Superman film series that hopefully doesn't have batman in it.lol

Old 07-20-2013, 10:21 PM   #938
ShadowBoxer
Banned User

This is awesome news and all but anyone else think that it's kind of too soon for a Superman/ Batman movie since we haven't really set a solid mythos for the current Superman movie universe. We have only had one movie with this new Superman, there are other villains and story arches they could have gone with instead of introducing / rebooting Bruce Wayne/ Batman. Clearly, having Batman in Man of Steel 2 will over shadow Supes in some ways.

I mean Nolan's trilogy just ended last year. Superman didn't get a reboot until 5-6 years after Superman returns. Not saying they should wait that long though. Lets have some space between Nolan's trilogy and the new bats reboot. I think Bruce Wayne should have a cameo or small supporting role in Man of Steel 2 but save him actually suiting up as Bats for his own solo movie and the JLA movie.

Last edited by ShadowBoxer; 07-20-2013 at 10:24 PM.
Old 07-20-2013, 10:23 PM   #939
blumatic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question View Post
"All those things I can do. All those powers. And I couldn't even save him."

So basically no.
Thats B.S. They never bring that up in the movie or in the series ever again. It was one time.

As bad as that tornado scene is, Clark explains " My father believed that if the world found out who I really was, they'd reject me out of fear. He was convinced that the world wasn't ready. What do you think?" Its one of the reasons why he moves alot. Anytime he saves he has to leave because he doesnt want be revealed to the world. And when he tells Lois that she doesnt continue with her pursuit of the story. The ripple effect is concrete.

In STM when his father dies. Thats it. Nothing. Never mentioned again.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:23 PM   #940
STARMAN
Side-Kick

There's a tendency to always be critical of past interpretations when a new one comes along. In the future, children will criticize all their parents who grew up with Henry Cavill's version of Superman and call him corny.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:25 PM   #941
herolee10
No More Miracles

Well, at least I can look forward towards seeing Marvel's films for 2015.lol

Wow...worst decision ever WB; truly, big F-U to the people at Warner Bros. and DC.

If people think MOS was critically bashed, wait till they see this piece of crap when it's released.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:25 PM   #942
JangoNate
Side-Kick

Gosh. Fans no how to make a great announcement a bummer. As soon as the neutrona wand prop from Ghostbusters was announced I was filled with glee, only to find the prop boards preaching it was a toy and would never compare to the things they make. Today I hear the news that fans have been wanting to hear for a long time...we are getting a Batman/Superman teamup. But you come on this boards and you'd think WB announced they're ceasing to make Superman films.

Does it not matter that the cast announced is all from MOS? It's obvious the focus is going to be on Superman continuing the journey he started. Yes, Batman is a popular character, but he can be handled in a way that he doesn't upstage Superman.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:26 PM   #943
Superherofan123
Side-Kick

I'm sorry herolee, but your reactions are a little much at this point. Can't people just be happy that we are getting this team up on screen??? We can start judging plot points once production starts and things start to leak.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:27 PM   #944
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

After the great build up and success of MOS I too was hoping for a direct sequel.... BUT COME ON MAN, THIS IS A DREAM COME TRUE!!!!! Seeing how Cavil sold the role of Superman to me and how the film gave us an extremely powerful version of the character I don't think Supes is gonna get nerfed. Which does not mean that should be nerfed either going up against MOS Superman. This is going to be a wild ride until some BTS or teasers are released.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:27 PM   #945
Knightstalker
Manners Maketh Man

And so it begins again...

Old 07-20-2013, 10:28 PM   #946
blumatic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
There's a tendency to always be critical of past interpretations when a new one comes along. In the future, children will criticize all their parents who grew up with Henry Cavill's version of Superman and call him corny.
I just find it weird that while people are so critical of MOS the give the old films a pass.

I really think its because there was no levity or moment to really make your heart swell like....That Superman or thats Santa Claus.

While people who liked MOS, I feel like they see their favorite athlete finally doing his thing.

I loved MOS because I saw both. More of the athlete. But as character I saw a Clark Ive only really see in Smallville. But not on the big screen.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:29 PM   #947
Knightstalker
Manners Maketh Man

Yeah I can't believe the some of the negativity on these forums regarding this announcement, the films not even written yet

Last edited by Knightstalker; 07-20-2013 at 10:32 PM.
Old 07-20-2013, 10:29 PM   #948
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

I felt their announcement was sort of confusing, it's like they're not sure if this is MoS 2 or a WF film? in my opinion it shouldn't be both.

I don't want to see Batman take a back-seat role to let superman finish up his story from the last film. It should be 50/50 Batman-Superman or just no Batman at all if not.

I know it sounds exciting but they need to find out what they plan to focus on?

Old 07-20-2013, 10:30 PM   #949
ShadowBoxer
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JangoNate View Post
Gosh. Fans no how to make a great announcement a bummer. As soon as the neutrona wand prop from Ghostbusters was announced I was filled with glee, only to find the prop boards preaching it was a toy and would never compare to the things they make. Today I hear the news that fans have been wanting to hear for a long time...we are getting a Batman/Superman teamup. But you come on this boards and you'd think WB announced they're ceasing to make Superman films.

Does it not matter that the cast announced is all from MOS? It's obvious the focus is going to be on Superman continuing the journey he started. Yes, Batman is a popular character, but he can be handled in a way that he doesn't upstage Superman.
I doubt it because the general audience is gonna think its a Batman movie with Superman as a supporting character instead of it being the other way around. Besides, there has only been one movie with this Supes, it's to early for him to be teaming up or fighting against Bats. They should met until we are near the JLA movie.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:30 PM   #950
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by az824 View Post
Oh and this movie better not be a stupid Batman-is-better-than-Supes, cause that would be soooo lame and just make everything worse for the DC Universe.
Me too! Angry Joe says it best here from 22:07-22:16:

Closed Thread