The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 03:59 PM   #251
JP
Smelly

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
you don't release a 5 second clip and then take over a week to release it, what the hell
That's our fault for jumping to the conclusion that a trailer was coming.

I mean, it obviously is, but it will likely just follow the usual big blockbuster schedule of early to mid February.

Old 02-02-2014, 04:00 PM   #252
Melapi
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
Phillip Seymour Hoffman was found dead today in New York with a syringe in his arm. I know it has nothing to do with X-Men but...damn.
I know, I'm devastated. He was one of my favorites

He worked with some actors from this saga: with Anna on Almost Famous and he directed her on The Glory of living, with Anna and Aaron Stanford on The 25th Hour and with J-Law on THG.

Last edited by Melapi; 02-02-2014 at 05:28 PM.
Old 02-02-2014, 04:01 PM   #253
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Dollar Short View Post
Hugh was just on Fox for a brief interview. He was asked about Patrick and Ian's recent picture they tweeted out and he laughed it off.

Yeah, I wouldn't expect anything today. Living in a time where there's teasers for teasers, there would have been at least an announcement.
Expect something this week, which would probably be a teaser for the trailer the week after.

Old 02-02-2014, 04:09 PM   #254
Avalanche
Tremor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
That's our fault for jumping to the conclusion that a trailer was coming.
Not really, no.

It's their fault. They released a teaser of a trailer with zero explanation of when the trailer was coming. Of course the fans were going to expect it was imminent, especially given the big Empire blowout that was about to happen.

For the general public it's largely irrelevant, but for the fans tracking every move, that teaser was poor communication.

Old 02-02-2014, 04:11 PM   #255
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalanche View Post
They released a teaser of a trailer with zero explanation of when the trailer was coming. Of course the fans were going to expect it was imminent, especially given the big Empire blowout that was about to happen.
Did they? They released a 5 second instagram video intended to tease Monday's Empire shenanigans. No mention of any trailer or footage reveal of any sort.

Old 02-02-2014, 04:13 PM   #256
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

I do agree that we jumped to conclusions with the Instagram video which was our fault, but I do also think it was poor and misleading marketing on their part. Why tease a magazine cover release with a video if there was no plans to show any additional footage?

It's a bit perplexing.

Old 02-02-2014, 04:14 PM   #257
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
I do agree that we jumped to conclusions with the Instagram video which was our fault, but I do also think it was poor and misleading marketing on their part. Why tease a magazine cover release with a video if there was no plans to show any additional footage?

It's a bit perplexing.
It is, but ah well. It's February, the trailer will be here before we know it.

Old 02-02-2014, 04:15 PM   #258
Avalanche
Tremor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Did they? They released a 5 second instagram video intended to tease Monday's Empire shenanigans. No mention of any trailer or footage reveal of any sort.
Since when have brand new video clips been used to tease a magazine cover..... that makes literally no sense as a strategy.

Everyone (but you) assumed that was a teaser for a trailer, which everyone (but you) assumed was coming imminently.

It's poor communication whichever way you look at it. There wouldn't be the constant confusion over the trailer on the boards here if it was communicated properly.

Old 02-02-2014, 04:29 PM   #259
Figs
Banned User

I'm crossing my fingers they release the trailer tomorrow.

Old 02-02-2014, 04:37 PM   #260
PoSeiDon
Side-Kick

Quote:
Not really, no.

It's their fault. They released a teaser of a trailer with zero explanation of when the trailer was coming. Of course the fans were going to expect it was imminent, especially given the big Empire blowout that was about to happen.

For the general public it's largely irrelevant, but for the fans tracking every move, that teaser was poor communication.

You mad????? lol.....

bunch of suckers....

Old 02-02-2014, 04:40 PM   #261
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Admittedly I am mad. *I* want a Super Bowl commercial and a trailer online after.

Old 02-02-2014, 04:43 PM   #262
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Can't people just wait?

Old 02-02-2014, 04:43 PM   #263
PoSeiDon
Side-Kick

Fine. Bombard Mr. Singers twitter that you poor fanboys are just writhing in heat over getting a teaser and no trailer. Demand a trailer...for the SB.

Go demand one from Fox. This is getting utterly regotdayumdiculous.

Old 02-02-2014, 04:49 PM   #264
PoSeiDon
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post
Can't people just wait?

They set themselves up for disappointment with every movie that comes out then complain later on the internet wasteland.

All common sense just goes out of the door for some comic movie fans.

You would think every1 here would be a millionaire since they know how to produce, cast, direct, and market comic films or a film in general.

Old 02-02-2014, 04:52 PM   #265
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post
Can't people just wait?
For me it's not about waiting. It's about showing off one of your biggest films to the largest North American audience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoSeiDon View Post
Fine. Bombard Mr. Singers twitter that you poor fanboys are just writhing in heat over getting a teaser and no trailer. Demand a trailer...for the SB.

Go demand one from Fox. This is getting utterly regotdayumdiculous.
Who's tweeting Bryan Singer? Certainly not I. #SitDown

Edit: They just showed the entire teaser trailer for Capt. America here in Canada for the Pre-game Show.

Old 02-02-2014, 04:56 PM   #266
Mulholland-Jr
Banned User

Old 02-02-2014, 04:56 PM   #267
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
For me it's not about waiting. It's about showing off one of your biggest films to the largest North American audience.
But if you're a studio who doesn't have money to burn, like say Disney, why would you waste $4 million? It's just not a financially smart return on investment. Would it be cool to have one? Sure! But not having one is far from a foolish marketing strategy.

Old 02-02-2014, 05:02 PM   #268
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoSeiDon View Post
They set themselves up for disappointment with every movie that comes out then complain later on the internet wasteland.

All common sense just goes out of the door for some comic movie fans.

You would think every1 here would be a millionaire since they know how to produce, cast, direct, and market comic films or a film in general.
For someone who looks to have high hopes for this film, that seems to not reflect in your Box office prediction.

Any reason why you're only predicting a $180-200 Million Domestic take for this film?

Old 02-02-2014, 05:19 PM   #269
JP
Smelly

No need for name calling, PoSeiDon...

Old 02-02-2014, 05:21 PM   #270
JP
Smelly

Quote:

Everyone (but you) assumed that was a teaser for a trailer, which everyone (but you) assumed was coming imminently.
No.. I also assumed. But that's the keyword. And you know what happens when you assume, haha.

Old 02-02-2014, 05:38 PM   #271
MagnarTheGreat
Web Ninja

Bryan Singer teased with video snippet before Trailer 1 went up. Of course people anticipated Trailer 2 when they teased a video snippet again.

Old 02-02-2014, 05:39 PM   #272
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
Bryan Singer teased with video snippet before Trailer 1 went up. Of course people anticipated Trailer 2 when they teased a video snippet again.
A teaser that said TRAILER IN 5 DAYS. . .

Old 02-02-2014, 06:02 PM   #273
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Hey, at least we get a Cap trailer! Right?

Bright side

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 02-02-2014, 06:09 PM   #274
Nintendo
Man Thing

Is it confirmed that there is no XMen teaser during tonights game? I was pretty convinced that since it's on FOX there would be a commercial. Then again I would expect them to advertise it because that would keep a lot more people glued to the commercials...

Old 02-02-2014, 06:16 PM   #275
marvelrobbins
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

I would be shocked if there was a trailer.In today's age nothing to hint at
trailer means there Is none today.

A superbowl spot doesn't gurantee sucess.As hulk,Van Helsing,and Lone ranger
can attest.

The trailer Is coming later this month I'm sure.

Closed Thread