The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Old 09-13-2017, 01:15 PM   #151
Sithborg
The new ewoks

Default Re: F'dup Chapters in American History(The Trump Years) - - - - - - Part 15

Oh, and it looks like Flynn is betting on a pardon, ignoring congressional subpoenas.

Sithborg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 01:39 PM   #152
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Default Re: F'dup Chapters in American History(The Trump Years) - - - - - - Part 15

That, or he's already proffered his deal for a reduced sentence in exchange for information valuable to Mueller's investigation.

If Trump tries to pardon Flynn, I'd say all hell breaks loose.

BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 01:54 PM   #153
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

I'd say that Trump can't pardon Flynn, but Trump was able to pardon that racist sheriff and got away with it

Old 09-13-2017, 02:26 PM   #154
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
The SM stuff probably will be key to making some kind of case for coordination between the campaign and Russian Intel. Russia had the capabilities but I think it takes some on the ground political and cultural knowledge to know how to leverage those resources.

As for Flynn, as of now I think that he has not officially flipped and may be waiting on a pardon. Thus the news that the investigation is now brining in his former head of staff and son (Mr. Let's Tweet A Conspiracy Theory That Gets A Pizza Place Shot Up) to look into Flynn's lobbying for foreign governments like Russia and Turkey.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/TBC New Episode: A Short Tribute To Superherohype's Own Vartha, In The News and Defenders Spoiler Review.
KRYPTON INC. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 02:39 PM   #155
MessiahDecoy123
Noble Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithborg View Post
Oh, and it looks like Flynn is betting on a pardon, ignoring congressional subpoenas.
Wouldn't such a pardon be considered an obstruction of justice since it relates to an investigation?

MessiahDecoy123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 02:56 PM   #156
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Any Mueller investigation related pardons will blow up Washington in ways we cannot begin to predict. It would flip a lot of people I think from just going with the flow and hoping the other shoe doesn't drop to outright open rebellion in the GOP, hell maybe even a big slice of the rank and file. How that would shake out, how the SCOTUS comes into play etc... Who knows? But Trump handing out pardons to those under investigation now would be a political nuclear bomb I think. Given how dumb the man is though I won't act surprised if he unilaterally decides to do it.

KRYPTON INC. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 03:13 PM   #157
The Incredible Hulk
Bad Hombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithborg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Lee View Post
I'd say that Trump can't pardon Flynn, but Trump was able to pardon that racist sheriff and got away with it
Technically he could pardon Flynn. The President can pardon anyone for anything except impeachment, and at any time in the legal proceeding. But the optics on that would be terrible for him especially given that the story that was given for his firing was that it was because he lied to Pence. Now you're going to come out and pardon the guy who lied to the VP just 6 months ago? Trump might as well just stamp "I'm hiding something!" on the pardon.

Last edited by The Incredible Hulk; 09-13-2017 at 03:27 PM.
The Incredible Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 03:15 PM   #158
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Any Mueller investigation related pardons will blow up Washington in ways we cannot begin to predict. It would flip a lot of people I think from just going with the flow and hoping the other shoe doesn't drop to outright open rebellion in the GOP, hell maybe even a big slice of the rank and file. How that would shake out, how the SCOTUS comes into play etc... Who knows? But Trump handing out pardons to those under investigation now would be a political nuclear bomb I think. Given how dumb the man is though I won't act surprised if he unilaterally decides to do it.

And it would probably result in Trump being the last president that has cart blanche pardon power.

Marvolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 03:44 PM   #159
JohnReese
Side-Kick

Post Re: F'dup Chapters in American History(The Trump Years) - - - - - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCardPlayer View Post
I'll never understand why they bother having politicians or aides testify before Congress. They'll never admit to anything and either give answers such as "I don't recall", "I was not aware", or dance around the question with politically correct answers without answering anything.

JohnReese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 04:21 PM   #160
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs
I bring da FUNK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Incredible Hulk View Post
Technically he could pardon Flynn. The President can pardon anyone for anything except impeachment, and at any time in the legal proceeding. But the optics on that would be terrible for him especially given that the story that was given for his firing was that it was because he lied to Pence. Now you're going to come out and pardon the guy who lied to the VP just 6 months ago? Trump might as well just stamp "I'm hiding something!" on the pardon.
That's not 100% true if my understanding of it is correct. The President can only pardon federal crimes, not state crimes. Could be wrong though, I'm sure Matt can clarify.

Either way though, just like Marv said, there will be a major s*** storm if he does pardon people involved in this investigation. I would dare say the constitution could be amended to limit restrictions on presidential pardons to keep this from happening in the future.

Old 09-13-2017, 04:49 PM   #161
JohnReese
Side-Kick

Post Re: F'dup Chapters in American History(The Trump Years) - - - - - - Part 15

The fact that this man was elected in the first place is just mind bogglingly ridiculous. All the time I keep wishing or expecting to be told that we're being punked honestly.

Old 09-13-2017, 05:04 PM   #162
fancyarcher
Side-Kick

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/9...82808593281029

"Trump administration orders purge of Kaspersky products from U.S. government".

This is good, but suspicious, since he's trying to purge his connections to Russia. Now you know he's really scared about the investigation.

Last edited by fancyarcher; 09-13-2017 at 05:30 PM.
fancyarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 05:04 PM   #163
fancyarcher
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnReese View Post
The fact that this man was elected in the first place is just mind bogglingly ridiculous. All the time I keep wishing or expecting to be told that we're being punked honestly.
I really wish I could wake up from this nightmare.

fancyarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 05:49 PM   #164
JohnReese
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyarcher View Post
I really wish I could wake up from this nightmare.
I often wonder if we could build a time machine and go back to the past to when the Apprentice was huge. We run into some people and say "Hey, 16 years from now THIS MAN will be President of the United States". I wonder how many people would believe us?

Every single day I am just waiting for him to be completely impeached or just resign. I didn't care for Bush but at least it wasn't surreal seeing him in the Oval Office or coming off of Air Force One.

Old 09-13-2017, 09:16 PM   #165
MagnarTheGreat
Web Ninja

Associated Press - The Latest: Trump, top Democrats agree on young immigrants

Quote:
The top House and Senate Democrats have announced agreement with President Donald Trump to protect certain immigrants brought illegally to this country as children — along with some border security enhancements.

The agreement would specifically not include Trump’s long-sought border wall. It would enshrine protections for the nearly 800,000 immigrants who benefited from a program created by former President Barack Obama that Trump has announced he is ending.

The agreement was announced in a joint statement from House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi of California and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer of New York, following a dinner the pair had with Trump at the White House.

It marks the second time in two weeks that Trump has bypassed Republicans to deal with Pelosi and Schumer.
https://apnews.com/e17d1d5dfc7a442d9547f77d6e1f70a8

Quote:
Originally Posted by White House Press Office
While DACA and border security were both discussed, excluding the wall was certainly not agreed to.
https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/908153680259686400

Last edited by MagnarTheGreat; 09-13-2017 at 09:29 PM.
MagnarTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:30 PM   #166
Sithborg
The new ewoks

Now, the question is will Ryan and McConnell attempt to fight the president on this.

Old 09-13-2017, 10:27 PM   #167
godisawesome
Side-Kick

For Ryan, the would-be-immigration-reformer, I don't think he'd fight Trump on this, as much as try to wrangle a way to avoid fallout on himself and the Republican Party by doing something sneaky with the bill. If Trump's forcing the GOP Congress to face the potential firestorm of an immigration debate while Trump himself is backing what's likely to be a very merciful and welcoming plan from the Democrats, I think Ryan would come down on what's going to be both a) the right side of the issue historically speaking, and b) the side he probably personally supports, if for no other reason than it seems he's going to have enemies in the Tea Partiers anyhow, so it's better to be hung for a ram than a lamb.

Or someone with a smidgen of a heart rather than a panicky sociopath.

Now, I do wonder if he might try some ways to attempt a spin or some games to put pressure back on Trump. It's almost certainly an impossibility, but what if he tried to attach some of the bipartisan immigration reform that he supported years ago to the Democrats DACA plan and tried to play chicken with Trump?

-C.S. Lewis

My buddy and I started a Podcast!
Our latest Episode is all about Flash, Season 1.
Check it out! http://franchisewars.madewithopinion...ash-season-1/#
godisawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 12:07 AM   #168
Sithborg
The new ewoks

https://twitter.com/seanhannity/stat...70255238922243

That is an unhealthy level of salt, Sean.

Old 09-14-2017, 01:09 AM   #169
MessiahDecoy123
Noble Savage

Looking forward to Pelosi and Schumer's new book:

Art of the Deal: The Master Becomes The Apprentice

Old 09-14-2017, 07:15 AM   #170
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Marvolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 08:43 AM   #171
Lighthouse
Fairness, Equality, Bacon

I admit a certain amount of schadenfreude watching the GOP cannibalize itself over Trump making deals with democrats. It's a giant ecosystem of cognitive dissonance.

Old 09-14-2017, 09:56 AM   #172
The Incredible Hulk
Bad Hombre

Hannity assembles a diverse panel of experts to discuss racism

Old 09-14-2017, 10:01 AM   #173
Elektra1
Canuck

Tomi Lahren has a face that you just want to punch.

Old 09-14-2017, 10:02 AM   #174
Schlosser85
Watchful Protector
SHH! Global Moderator

She's an angry little girl with obnoxiously loud opinions and no actual life experience. No one cares what she has to say, her audience just likes looking at her.

Movie Review Site:

H.E.
Schlosser85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 10:06 AM   #175
MessiahDecoy123
Noble Savage

Are women on Fox required to dye their hair blonde if they don't already have blonde hair?

Strange