The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > SHH Community Forum

Old 09-13-2017, 11:29 PM   #551
Black Narcissus
Pimp a Butterfly

Default Re: Devin faraci accused of sexual assult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I think there are better targets of that accusation to choose than Weinberg. He's not pro-Faraci in the least, he's just saying that a guy he seems to know well, and likes personally, is also capable of making s***ty decisions.
Correctomundo.

''And lately my devils have been Spanish chicks in red lace. Doing Brujeria on me for ten days."
Black Narcissus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 11:30 PM   #552
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man in the Suit View Post
Tim League says Faraci is out...

Since Tim League kept Devin around and wants to hush up sexual assault Id like to know when Tim League will be resigning.

The Most Astounding Fact (Neil deGrasse Tyson, HD):
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Marvolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 11:34 PM   #553
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I think there are better targets of that accusation to choose than Weinberg. He's not pro-Faraci in the least, he's just saying that a guy he seems to know well, and likes personally, is also capable of making s***ty decisions.
This isn't a ****** decision though. This is beyond that. Look at what he wrote that woman who wrote him personally. He tried to hide another case of sexual assault.

Old 09-14-2017, 12:01 AM   #554
Black Narcissus
Pimp a Butterfly

Odds of Faraci writing under a fake name now?

''And lately my devils have been Spanish chicks in red lace. Doing Brujeria on me for ten days."
Old 09-14-2017, 12:09 AM   #555
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Narcissus View Post
Odds of Faraci writing under a fake name now?
That he wasn't already blew my mind. That is his real name?

I'd say 100%. And then we will have the next chapter of this online scandal.

Old 09-14-2017, 12:11 AM   #556
Man in the Suit
Greeting

And to think he was employed by the Drafthouse when they were doing the women only Wonder Woman screenings. Jesus...

Man in the Suit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 12:12 AM   #557
Black Narcissus
Pimp a Butterfly

I do wonder if he is still part of the Los Angeles Film Critics Association.

Old 09-14-2017, 12:35 AM   #558
ludovica
Side-Kick

I ask honestly, are some of you people asking/hoping to never see Faraci working in the field of film criticism?
Is it not enough not to read him if you so choose?
I obviously can not know if he really is sorry or changed or working on it, but that goes for every kind of misdemeanor (I lack a better word) in life, even the huge ones, for everyone.
Anyone is free to be of the idea that there are unforgivable and unreparable behaviors, but what do you expect from him or anyone in his situation?
Often in occurences like this, people "joke" the culprit should only turn burgers from now on, but how should that be more fitting than any other job to make a living escapes me. Not to speak of the elitist mindset that betrays.

ludovica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 12:51 AM   #559
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludovica View Post
I ask honestly, are some of you people asking/hoping to never see Faraci working in the field of film criticism?
Is it not enough not to read him if you so choose?
I obviously can not know if he really is sorry or changed or working on it, but that goes for every kind of misdemeanor (I lack a better word) in life, even the huge ones, for everyone.
Anyone is free to be of the idea that there are unforgivable and unreparable behaviors, but what do you expect from him or anyone in his situation?
Often in occurences like this, people "joke" the culprit should only turn burgers from now on, but how should that be more fitting than any other job to make a living escapes me. Not to speak of the elitist mindset that betrays.
Faraci can do whatever he likes. That anyone would hire him is the part where it gets ugly. I don't understand why anyone would hire someone we know sexually assaulted women, especially if they employ women.

Old 09-14-2017, 01:04 AM   #560
ludovica
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Faraci can do whatever he likes. That anyone would hire him is the part where it gets ugly. I don't understand why anyone would hire someone we know sexually assaulted women, especially if they employ women.
Ok, but should this be an issue for the rest of his life?
And should he not be hired by anyone in any field ever then?
Even if he would self employ, this train of thought seems to imply people should not buy from him.

Old 09-14-2017, 01:08 AM   #561
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Ok, but should this be an issue for the rest of his life?
And should he not be hired by anyone in any field ever then?
He is never going to stop being the guy who sexually assaulted at least one woman. Why would some put that on their other employees? But I am sure he can find a solitary job of some sort. One where others don't need to be around him.

Old 09-14-2017, 01:39 AM   #562
ludovica
Side-Kick

Quote:
He is never going to stop being the guy who sexually assaulted at least one woman. Why would some put that on their other employees? But I am sure he can find a solitary job of some sort. One where others don't need to be around him.
Look, I'm not pitying him, but to me people seem to not have proportional responses and as bad as it may sound, I'll say it anyway: he didn't kill anybody and even murderers should get a second chance once out of prison, or what's the point even?
I get he didn't pay for what he did, but that's "on" the victim: she had the right to choose if bringing that up right away publicly or even to denounce him to the authorities, and I get why she didn't and respect that, not any of our business.
I'm aware of the extreme disadvantaged position any woman finds herself in, in the case of any kind of sexual abuse and the often futility of pressing charges, but that doesn't mean we gang up on the culprits and demand retribution for the rest of their lifes in compensation.
How are we the judges? Anyone is gonna behave toward Faraci as they see fit, no argument from me there, but I believe demonizing people forever is counter productive for everyone involved in the end.

Old 09-14-2017, 01:44 AM   #563
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Look, I'm not pitying him, but to me people seem to not have proportional responses and as bad as it may sound, I'll say it anyway: he didn't kill anybody and even murderers should get a second chance once out of prison, or what's the point even?
I get he didn't pay for what he did, but that's "on" the victim: she had the right to choose if bringing that up right away publicly or even to denounce him to the authorities, and I get why she didn't and respect that, not any of our business.
I'm aware of the extreme disadvantaged position any woman finds herself in, in the case of any kind of sexual abuse and the often futility of pressing charges, but that doesn't mean we gang up on the culprits and demand retribution for the rest of their lifes in compensation.
How are we the judges? Anyone is gonna behave toward Faraci as they see fit, no argument from me there, but I believe demonizing people forever is counter productive for everyone involved in the end.
Yeah the guy who sexually assaults women and writes about how he is attracted to minors... nah I'm good. Maybe he should learn to work from home, find some ads for a website who support sexual assault. Your argument seems to be everyone needs to be okay coexisting with people who rape and molest. Why?

Also, fantastic victim blaming there. You thought that was a good idea? Really?

Old 09-14-2017, 02:01 AM   #564
ludovica
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah the guy who sexually assaults women and writes about how he is attracted to minors... nah I'm good. Maybe he should learn to work from home, find some ads for a website who support sexual assault. Your argument seems to be everyone needs to be okay coexisting with people who rape and molest. Why?

Also, fantastic victim blaming there. You thought that was a good idea? Really?
If someone had done time and you personally knew them were sorry and changed for real, would you advocate to marginalize them for the rest of their lifes? Not saying it's Faraci's case, I would not know.

We coexist with worse individuals, not like we can choose reality, and I'm not asking anyone to forget or forgive, but forgiveness is for the victim to give anyway.

And even if it is an emotional issue, accusing me of victim blaming here was uncalled for. How did you read that into what I wrote? Maybe I worded it wrong, but doesn't seem to me. Please read it again and try to fill in the eventual gaps in my English, couldn't be farther from what I meant.

Old 09-14-2017, 02:05 AM   #565
dark_b
Side-Kick

Tim League destroyed his name because he not only wanted to ''brute'' force Devin Faraci back in but because of that insulting mail. how stupid

i think what they wanted to do with Faraci would have worked if they waited around 1.5 year. we would still be angry but at least a whole year would have passed. but 10 months? this is just idiotic.

dark_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 02:07 AM   #566
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
If someone had done time and you personally knew them were sorry and changed for real, would you advocate to marginalize them for the rest of their lifes? Not saying it's Faraci's case, I would not know.

We coexist with worse individuals, not like we can choose reality, and I'm not asking anyone to forget or forgive, but forgiveness is for the victim to give anyway.

And even if it is an emotional issue, accusing me of victim blaming here was uncalled for. How did you read that into what I wrote? Maybe I worded it wrong, but doesn't seem to me. Please read it again and try to fill in the eventual gaps in my English, couldn't be farther from what I meant.
I would never speak to them again, because these aren't the kind of people I'd have in my life.

See, I find you are rather down playing rape and sexual assault. I can't imagine many people worse. You can view it how you like, but for me, it is up there with the absolute worst things a person can do.

Oh very easily, you wrote:

Quote:
That is literally blaming the victim. Whatever you write after is kind of irrelevant, because it is explaining why you are blaming a victim for not reporting it in what you consider a timely manner.

Last edited by DarthSkywalker; 09-14-2017 at 02:14 AM.
DarthSkywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 02:08 AM   #567
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
Tim League destroyed his name because he not only wanted to ''brute'' force Devin Faraci back in but because of that insulting mail. how stupid

i think what they wanted to do with Faraci would have worked if they waited around 1.5 year. we would still be angry but at least a whole year would have passed. but 10 months? this is just idiotic.
Thing is, it wasn't 10 months. It is becoming more and more obvious he took a month's vacation and was back around.

Old 09-14-2017, 02:21 AM   #568
ludovica
Side-Kick

Quote:
I would never speak to them again, because these aren't the kind of people I'd have in my life.

See, I find you are rather down playing rape and sexual assault. I can't imagine many people worse. You can view it how you like, but for me, it is up there with the absolute worst things a person can do.

Oh very easily, you wrote:

That is literally blaming the victim. Whatever you write after is kind of irrelevant, because it is explaining why you are blaming a victim.
Regarding the blaming, notice the quotes?
I'll try to be more clear: if someone broke in a house and stole some stuff and the owner caught them but for whatever reason decided not to report them, the absence of prosecution would depend on their decision.
I'm not saying that is in any way the wrong call, again, not my business, too many understandable and sad reasons why women often times do not report.
What happened is that the crime became public knowledge because the culprit spoke on behalf of mugging victims and the house owner rightfully asked them to shut up.
Now, are we to expect the burglar to be an unrepentant burglar for the rest of their life?
Would it have been different if they had served time?

Old 09-14-2017, 02:24 AM   #569
Man in the Suit
Greeting

Yeah, I'm not sure what they had planned to put him back in the public eye, but it sure looks like Tim League made that original statement because they were caught giving Faraci a byline. Why should we believe Faraci 'resigned'? League was still paying him before. He's a liar.

Tim League owns Mondo too. This sucks.

Man in the Suit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 02:25 AM   #570
harlequinade
Violent Delight

Quote:
This isn't a ****** decision though. This is beyond that. Look at what he wrote that woman who wrote him personally. He tried to hide another case of sexual assault.
A person telling a sexual assault victim to stay quiet is not someone I'd categorize as 'good person' no matter what. Weinberg is horrible, his attempts to defend himself on his twitter are just pathetic to read.

http://violentdelights.freeforums.net/ // https://letterboxd.com/sati/

harlequinade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 02:27 AM   #571
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Regarding the blaming, notice the quotes?
I'll try to be more clear: if someone broke in a house and stole some stuff and the owner caught them but for whatever reason decided not to report them, the absence of prosecution would depend on their decision.
I'm not saying that is in any way the wrong call, again, not my business, too many understandable and sad reasons why women often times do not report.
What happened is that the crime became public knowledge because the culprit spoke on behalf of mugging victims and the house owner rightfully asked them to shut up.
Now, are we to expect the burglar to be an unrepentant burglar for the rest of their life?
Would it have been different if they had served time?
Then what did you mean by on them? The quotes somehow change the context of you saying a victim did not report in a timely enough manner for you?

And you just compared burglary and sexual assault and rape. Why?

I am confused by your point. Would I work with someone I know commented sexual assault or rape, would I hire them, would I be their friends? The answer is no. You really are taking the responsibility from the person who did these things, and placing on everyone else to coexist with them by choice and I don't understand why.

Old 09-14-2017, 02:33 AM   #572
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man in the Suit View Post
Yeah, I'm not sure what they had planned to put him back in the public eye, but it sure looks like Tim League made that original statement because they were caught giving Faraci a byline. Why should we believe Faraci 'resigned'? League was still paying him before. He's a liar.

Tim League owns Mondo too. This sucks.
Exactly. This was forced on him, he somehow made it worse and then ran like a coward. And yes, yes it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlequinade View Post
A person telling a sexual assault victim to stay quiet is not someone I'd categorize as 'good person' no matter what. Weinberg is horrible, his attempts to defend himself on his twitter are just pathetic to read.
He is avoiding the point on Twitter, because it makes him look awful. The point isn't Faraci, it is that League proved himself an awful person. He can like an awful person if he likes, but the idea that League is a good person who made a "mistake" is not what we are seeing here. He tried to hide someone he knew had knowledge of committing sexual assault in his employ without making his other employees aware and he did this while saying what Faraci did was a mistake.

Old 09-14-2017, 02:52 AM   #573
ludovica
Side-Kick

Quote:
Then what did you mean by on them? The quotes somehow change the context of you saying a victim did not report in a timely enough manner for you?

And you just compared burglary and sexual assault and rape. Why?

I am confused by your point. Would I work with someone I know commented sexual assault or rape, would I hire them, would I be their friends? The answer is no. You really are taking the responsibility from the person who did these things, and placing on everyone else to coexist with them by choice and I don't understand why.
I'm absolutely NOT equating burglary and sexual assault.
But sexual assault as a term covers a lot, and rape is definetly another thing altogether: Faraci hasn't raped anyone, as far as we know.
Doesn't make him a great guy, before you minconstruct what I'm trying to say.

The victim doesn't have an expiration date to report, no, I agree: they may speak up whenever they see fit and whenever ready.
I disagree with you that the informal community has a right or duty to punish the culprit, I'd leave that to the state.
The individual on the other hand does also have no duty towards said culprit, but from experience I can assure you that isolating and in the end dehumanizing sexual offenders just makes them more prone to get and do worse in time.
They should definetly pay the full price stated by the law and often times the law is also way too much lenient, I would say.

All this considered, I'm just saying we can not so absolutely judge who's morally disqualified from any job.
If literally everyone was of your opinion and absolutely behaved consequentely, people in Faraci's situation (his doing, of course) would have suicide or starvation as their only outlooks.
I do not hold human life in the absolute highest esteem, but also not so low.

Old 09-14-2017, 02:58 AM   #574
Black Narcissus
Pimp a Butterfly

Old 09-14-2017, 03:00 AM   #575
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
I'm absolutely NOT equating burglary and sexual assault.
But sexual assault as a term covers a lot, and rape is definetly another thing altogether: Faraci hasn't raped anyone, as far as we know.
Doesn't make him a great guy, before you minconstruct what I'm trying to say.

The victim doesn't have an expiration date to report, no, I agree: they may speak up whenever they see fit and whenever ready.
I disagree with you that the informal community has a right or duty to punish the culprit, I'd leave that to the state.
The individual on the other hand does also have no duty towards said culprit, but from experience I can assure you that isolating and in the end dehumanizing sexual offenders just makes them more prone to get and do worse in time.
They should definetly pay the full price stated by the law and often times the law is also way too much lenient, I would say.

All this considered, I'm just saying we can not so absolutely judge who's morally disqualified from any job.
If literally everyone was of your opinion and absolutely behaved consequentely, people in Faraci's situation (his doing, of course) would have suicide or starvation as their only outlooks.
I do not hold human life in the absolute highest esteem, but also not so low.
You most certainly did. Why did you even bring up burglary as a comparison then? You keep on writing things and then blaming me for pointing out what you are writing.

People don't have the right to boycott a company who wants to hire someone who sexually assaults women? One that likes to promote themselves a pro women? Since when? We can most certainly morally disqualify someone from any job, we see it done all the time. And this isn't simply morality. This isn't, "he likes porn" or "he has a dirty mouth" or "he cheats on his wife". This is someone who committed sexual assault, and then blamed it on alcohol.

By the way, I don't care about happens to Faraci. He stopped mattering to me as a human being when he decided he wanted to try and take another human's dignity and safety. He wants help? That is what professionals are for. They have made the decision to interact with such people.