The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man: Homecoming

Old 05-13-2018, 12:11 PM   #801
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Default Re: Spider-Man Homecoming (2017) General Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

YOUTUBE
It will come, be sure of that

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 05:27 PM   #802
ehh
iono

Default Re: Spider-Man Homecoming (2017) General Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I said this before, but my only real issue with the film is the "8 Years Later" error. And it does not interfere with the film narrative so it's more or less a nitpick at this point.

I found myself laughing throughout the entire film because comedy is just so on point and well timed. There were moments where the writers could have inserted a cheap joke, and one that comes to mind is the scene where Aunt May walks in on Peter and Ned while he is in his underwear. They could have easily thrown a gay joke in there, which I was expecting, but nope. They didn't fall for that and I think that was a good way to go.

Vulture is also a really good villain, and I would consider him one of the MCU's best or even just one of the best on-screen Spider-Man villains (maybe slightly below Doc Ock from Spider-Man 2).

All of the characters are fun and likable, the John Hughes tone of the film fits perfectly with Spider-Man, the music is good, the easter eggs are great and do not hold back the plot in any way, and Tom Holland is brilliant as Spider-Man. He has the charm along with the best elements of both Tobey and Andrew with his own flare.

I suppose one weakness of the movie is the action--which isn't bad at all, it's just not the strongest point of the movie. Some of the fights could have lasted a bit longer, especially the Shocker fight in the school bus yard. If there was anything I want to see improvement on in the sequel, it's maybe more action and a somewhat bigger scale, which is inevitable.