The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age of Ultron

Old 03-04-2015, 04:26 PM   #51
Ghostcrow13
Side-Kick

Default Re: Ultron! We Would Have Words With Thee! Official Thor/Chris Hemworth Thread - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnaroknroll View Post
I sure would love to see Thor whip up a tornado and suck up that Ultron army. Outside of the first Thor we've never seen him command the storm. Give us something already!!
Well that would seem like a sensible option for Thor to do, you know mid battle, 'hey guys we are just here punching and shooting them I could just whip up a tornado and destroy them all in seconds'

Hemsworth did say he wanted Thor to use more of the elements so perhaps he does something at some point.

1) Captain America: Civil War 2) The Avengers 3) The Dark Knight 4) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 5) Logan 6) Iron Man 7) Batman Begins 8) X-men 2 9) Spiderman 2 10) Superman
Ghostcrow13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 04:32 PM   #52
herolee10
No More Miracles

Default Re: Ultron! We Would Have Words With Thee! Official Thor/Chris Hemworth Thread - Part

What I wouldn't do to see Thor fight in the rain (equipped with a few slow motion shots), with lightning coming down from all around him as he takes on a horde of Ultron's drones.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 04:38 PM   #53
Ragnaroknroll
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostcrow13 View Post
Well that would seem like a sensible option for Thor to do, you know mid battle, 'hey guys we are just here punching and shooting them I could just whip up a tornado and destroy them all in seconds'

Hemsworth did say he wanted Thor to use more of the elements so perhaps he does something at some point.
Exactly. I know historically Thor gets nerfed a bit when fighting along with the Avengers but this is one of the those times when he needs to not hold back. He's not just another Hulk. I will be disappointed if we don't see him unleash his true power in the midst of such a desperate conflict. If he doesn't they better have a damn good explanation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
What I wouldn't do to see Thor fight in the rain (equipped with a few slow motion shots), with lightning coming down from all around him as he takes on a horde of Ultron's drones.

Ragnaroknroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 04:40 PM   #54
Ragnaroknroll
Side-Kick

I guess it also depends on the surroundings. In The Avengers it actually made sense why he would not summon the windstorms. You can't exactly have a tornadoes running amok in Manhattan causing more destruction than you prevent. I mean Thor is not the Man of Steel.

Old 03-04-2015, 04:42 PM   #55
BigThor
God of Thunder

Quote:
Because he's about to lay the hammer DOWN.
Nevermind I now like that shot very much, it looks to be enhancing his hammer strike.

I hope he smashes the ground or a vehicle, I don't want him to do all that just to hit a Hyrda goon lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostcrow13 View Post

Yeah I think MCU stays on the ground far too much and it takes away from what all he can bring to the team.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=543867

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009

MCU Thor Respect Thread
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=541747
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 04:43 PM   #56
DarthAlani
Banned User

Thor needs to God Blast Ultron

DarthAlani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 04:44 PM   #57
BigThor
God of Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthAlani View Post
Thor needs to God Blast Ultron
While I would agree with you here, I think that needs to be saved for Surtur in Thor 3 or Thanos in Infinity Wars.

He definately needs to summon an epic storm or lighting bolt though.

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009

MCU Thor Respect Thread
Old 03-04-2015, 04:46 PM   #58
Ragnaroknroll
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Nevermind I now like that shot very much, it looks to be enhancing his hammer strike.

I hope he smashes the ground or a vehicle, I don't want him to do all that just to hit a Hyrda goon lol.
Hahaha. Totally. Crack the earth open while he's at it. But yeah some massive damage is required here.

Quote:
Yeah I think MCU stays on the ground far too much and it takes away from what all he can bring to the team.
Feige is on record for saying Ragnarok is going to take Thor to "another level" but for us fans that's still almost 3 years away. It won't hurt to give us some "Holy $#!%" moments to tie us over in Avengers.

Old 03-04-2015, 04:48 PM   #59
DarthAlani
Banned User

I want power feats without the damn hammer.

Old 03-04-2015, 04:48 PM   #60
BigThor
God of Thunder

Quote:
Hahaha. Totally. Crack the earth open while he's at it. But yeah some massive damage is required here.

Feige is on record for saying Ragnarok is going to take Thor to "another level" but for us fans that's still almost 3 years away. It won't hurt to give us some "Holy $#!%" moments to tie us over in Avengers.
Did he mean a "another level" as far as movie quality or as far a "power wise"?

Quote:
I want power feats without the damn hammer.
Hemsworth recently said in an interview he asked for Thor to lift cars and throw them in this film. I was literally geeking out when I read it, he also asked for Thor to rip things in half.

MCU Thor Respect Thread
Old 03-04-2015, 04:53 PM   #61
DarthAlani
Banned User

Well that is good news.

Old 03-04-2015, 04:53 PM   #62
Ragnaroknroll
Side-Kick

Quote:
Did he mean a "another level" as far as movie quality or as far a "power wise"?
Hopefully both!!

Old 03-04-2015, 04:55 PM   #63
Ragnaroknroll
Side-Kick

Quote:
Hemsworth recently said in an interview he asked for Thor to lift cars and throw them in this film. I was literally geeking out when I read it, he also asked for Thor to rip things in half.
That is awesome news! I've been trying to not follow the film as much and avoiding the Avengers forums because I'm terrified of spoilers but this trailer made it impossible.

Old 03-04-2015, 04:55 PM   #64
BigThor
God of Thunder

Quote:
Well that is good news.
Great news actually!

Quote:
Hopefully both!!
Oh yes for sure.

MCU Thor Respect Thread
Old 03-04-2015, 04:58 PM   #65
BigThor
God of Thunder

Quote:
That is awesome news! I've been trying to not follow the film as much and avoiding the Avengers forums because I'm terrified of spoilers but this trailer made it impossible.
When Collider, HitFix and several other media sites visited the secret London set of Marvel's forthcoming Avengers: Age of Ultron last year, they had witnessed the filming of a battle scene between Chris Hemsworth's Asgardian Thor and Paul Bettany's android the Vision. About the sequence, which apparently takes place under the "the upper balcony of the main room of the Avengers Tower set," the Aussie actor says, "This is their first meeting, and as you can see, it's conflicted. It’s a big fight scene."

Finally, Hemsworth was asked if Thor's power is amped up in Age of Ultron. "Yeah, I mean in this instance [with the Vision] you see it’s hand-to-hand combat because if someone of his equal strength or moreso than him, so he can afford to do that," says the actor. "Whereas with the people who were far less capable than him and not as strong, I said, 'You know, let’s make sure he’s picking up cars and throwing them and ripping things in half and spending a bit more time up in the air and using the elements as opposed to being stuck kind of in a hand-to-hand sort of fist fight with the bad guys.' So yeah, I think it keeps getting kind of amped up and then the stunts become more elaborate. Yeah, we see him fly a bit more."

MCU Thor Respect Thread
Old 03-04-2015, 05:07 PM   #66
Ghostcrow13
Side-Kick

I was just thinking Thor being at the front of that group attack could mean he ran quicker than the truck, bike, IM and Hulk.

Or he just started attacking first.

Hope it's the first.

1) Captain America: Civil War 2) The Avengers 3) The Dark Knight 4) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 5) Logan 6) Iron Man 7) Batman Begins 8) X-men 2 9) Spiderman 2 10) Superman
Old 03-04-2015, 05:08 PM   #67
Ragnaroknroll
Side-Kick

Quote:
When Collider, HitFix and several other media sites visited the secret London set of Marvel's forthcoming Avengers: Age of Ultron last year, they had witnessed the filming of a battle scene between Chris Hemsworth's Asgardian Thor and Paul Bettany's android the Vision. About the sequence, which apparently takes place under the "the upper balcony of the main room of the Avengers Tower set," the Aussie actor says, "This is their first meeting, and as you can see, it's conflicted. It’s a big fight scene."

Finally, Hemsworth was asked if Thor's power is amped up in Age of Ultron. "Yeah, I mean in this instance [with the Vision] you see it’s hand-to-hand combat because if someone of his equal strength or moreso than him, so he can afford to do that," says the actor. "Whereas with the people who were far less capable than him and not as strong, I said, 'You know, let’s make sure he’s picking up cars and throwing them and ripping things in half and spending a bit more time up in the air and using the elements as opposed to being stuck kind of in a hand-to-hand sort of fist fight with the bad guys.' So yeah, I think it keeps getting kind of amped up and then the stunts become more elaborate. Yeah, we see him fly a bit more."
Sweet! Thanks for sharing that. You just made my day.

Old 03-04-2015, 05:15 PM   #68
herolee10
No More Miracles

I think one potential problem when it comes to Thor's display of powers is that he really can't go all out unless he's in a isolated area, where his comrades are either gone or strong enough to handle whatever energy he unleashes with his hammer.

So in a lot of ways, based on what the MCU has shown of his powers, Thor is really restricted from going all out due to that handicap at times.

Old 03-04-2015, 05:49 PM   #69
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

People whining about Cap taking a few hits are grinding my gears. Why aren't Thor fans weeping because he has a cut on his forehead?

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 05:53 PM   #70
Ghostcrow13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
People whining about Cap taking a few hits are grinding my gears. Why aren't Thor fans weeping because he has a cut on his forehead?
Meh that is just some puny mortals blood

Besides we are just happy he had a badass moment with his line.

Old 03-04-2015, 06:23 PM   #71
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Oh hush lol.

Out of everything Hemsworth said he asked for, hopefully half of it is true. He did say Thor flies more and he does use the elements.

New MCU battles will be held each week in the Marvel Films forum!

jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 06:27 PM   #72
herolee10
No More Miracles

I think quite a few folks would faint from pure joy if they saw Thor, in this film, catching a building from collapsing onto the ground.lol

Old 03-04-2015, 06:32 PM   #73
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

lol TBH with limited film ALL "wow" strength feats are going to go to Hulk.

Also, "Is that all you got!?"..that's probably our "Ultron we would have words with thee"...if it is, oh well

New MCU battles will be held each week in the Marvel Films forum!

jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 08:41 PM   #74
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

With the sound off, the way he swings his arms it totally looks like a "Come at me bro"

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 08:56 PM   #75
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Quote:
Until he lifts them with his hammer.